English Premier League.

maroonlegions

4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Apart from Virgil getting crippled by Dinosaur Arms Pickford and Richarlison taking out Thiago in the derby. 

The game in Denmark was meaningless there was no need to field Fabinho , Jota , Salah the Group was won and at that decision Jota is out for two months injured.  

Well yes, injuries happen and perhaps Liverpool were lucky last year that they avoided those types of "tackles".

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs

What about Arsenal. Seeing some parallels with Hearts season last year.

Aging Center half given new contract, should’ve been binned - Luiz, Berra

Old midfielder signed with big reputation and big expectations, offered very little - Willian, Whelan 

Expensive total flop - Pepe, Damour 

High wage high profile striker not firing on all cylinders - Aubamayang, Naismith  

Young players looking good but not influential enough to turn round results - Saka, Hickey 

And then the most obvious parallel, they can’t buy a win or score a goal, even against bottom of the league sides! 

I suppose there’s one thing that will keep Arsenal afloat that Hearts didn’t have, they actually have someone playing in goals rather than a hologram. But still... has to be the worst Arsenal team any of us have ever seen. Hard to fathom there are players there on £300k a week. If Arteta is binned, they better hope they don’t make the wrong appointment like we did with Stendel! 

Be interesting to see if anyone can build a gap at the top.

Tottenham and Liverpool had the chance to go 4 points clear on Sunday.

So far there's too much quality in the league. Wolves v Chelsea this evening a case in point. The sort of game Chelsea need to win to be league winners. But they are still contenders if they lose. 

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What about Arsenal. Seeing some parallels with Hearts season last year.

Aging Center half given new contract, should’ve been binned - Luiz, Berra

Old midfielder signed with big reputation and big expectations, offered very little - Willian, Whelan 

Expensive total flop - Pepe, Damour 

High wage high profile striker not firing on all cylinders - Aubamayang, Naismith  

Young players looking good but not influential enough to turn round results - Saka, Hickey 

And then the most obvious parallel, they can’t buy a win or score a goal, even against bottom of the league sides! 

I suppose there’s one thing that will keep Arsenal afloat that Hearts didn’t have, they actually have someone playing in goals rather than a hologram. But still... has to be the worst Arsenal team any of us have ever seen. Hard to fathom there are players there on £300k a week. If Arteta is binned, they better hope they don’t make the wrong appointment like we did with Stendel! 

I'd look at what Arsenal did re wages and redundancies for the morale within the squad.

Players (mostly) accepted wages cuts on basis there would be no redundancies. Arsenal then made a load of staff redundant. 

Interesting what the players think of that. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'd look at what Arsenal did re wages and redundancies for the morale within the squad.

Players (mostly) accepted wages cuts on basis there would be no redundancies. Arsenal then made a load of staff redundant. 

Interesting what the players think of that. 

Whatever it is, there seems to be major rot set in the mentality. Could turn even further south for them as well looking at their next 3 fixtures as well Southampton, Everton, Man City 

West Brom keeper plays an blinder and it finishes 1-1 away to Manchester City

With Chelsea's earlier defeat at Wolves things at the top are simply too tight to call

A season for a surprise winner once more like Spurs ?

A_A wehatethehibs

Why do the English commentators cream themselves over West Brom getting a draw at Man City. They act like it’s the greatest sporting achievement since Jesse Owens won the gold medal at the Berlin Olympics. A simple good team performance against a dull city side, not that much a surprise. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Knowing the high standards and ambition at Chelsea there will be questions about Frank Lampard after that performance. 

Lets see if the media now move on to Frank or will they accept the message as genuine ?

Frank Lampard says his Chelsea players may be suffering from fatigue after Wolves came from behind to beat the Blues with an added-time winner.

Pedro Neto's 95th-minute strike gave the hosts a dramatic victory at Molineux and stopped Lampard's side going top of the Premier League.

It is a second successive defeat for Chelsea after they were beaten at Everton on Saturday, another game in which they could have gone top of the table.

"There could be some fatigue," said Lampard, whose side have already played five games in December.

"I hate to say it after a defeat because it feels like an excuse but even in the first 60 minutes when we were the better team, we didn't have a zip about us.

"We've travelled up to Everton, came back and then travelled to Wolves but everyone is in the same boat.

"We have a couple of injuries in areas which means I can't make too many changes so I understand that side of it."

If Spurs can’t sniff this may be their best chance for a title, it proves they’ve not got the minerals for the slog.  

Although everyone’s dropping points here and there, I think slowly but surely Liverpool and Spurs may start edging away from the pack. Then it comes down to whether they’ve got the nerve to maintain solid form. 

Its early days and you can’t discount the usual suspects coming through with a push later on (Chelsea, Man City) but general performances suggest Liv and Tot look the strongest just now.

11 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

If Spurs can’t sniff this may be their best chance for a title, it proves they’ve not got the minerals for the slog.  

Although everyone’s dropping points here and there, I think slowly but surely Liverpool and Spurs may start edging away from the pack. Then it comes down to whether they’ve got the nerve to maintain solid form. 

Its early days and you can’t discount the usual suspects coming through with a push later on (Chelsea, Man City) but general performances suggest Liv and Tot look the strongest just now.

Which sets up tomorrow night perfectly

Despite Jose's words this will be their best chance with Liverpool shorn of at least 3 first choice picks and a couple of 'first choice' subs as well.

Still would not rule out Manchester City or Chelsea though

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Tottenham's always been my English side (not the same as Hearts, before anyone jumps) but I feel they're not at the same level as the likes of Liverpool.

Would be nice though.

48 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Tottenham's always been my English side (not the same as Hearts, before anyone jumps) but I feel they're not at the same level as the likes of Liverpool.

Would be nice though.

Ditto. If Spurs do it tomorrow or get a draw I’ll take it as a good omen going into the final on Sunday (which is being played at the same time as Spurs against Leicester) 

Edited by Tazio

alwaysthereinspirit

If only Scotland could have an association like the FA who for the most part don’t care who wins their league. The season will take care of itself.

Meanwhile back in GFA land.........

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Last night’s performance not enough to save Bilic it seems. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55327461

Big Sam in? Would be good to see him back 1 last time. Some say its turgid/dinosaur etc but its good to watch a wee team really put up the fight. Funny old game, the stick that was given toward Steve Bruce and David Moyes appointments but nobody’s taking the piss out of those appointments now, both clubs well safe 

Bilic done a good job with the resources and money given to him.

West Bromwich have a sacking culture and  habit of getting rid of good managers. Stevie Clarke sacked after finishing 8th the season before and still above the relegation zone

9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Can someone do a round up summary on this thread please.

Its high quality league.

As many as 12 to 15 really good teams. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its high quality league.

As many as 12 to 15 really good teams. 

200w.gif

Samuel Camazzola

So Klopp has had the hair transplant, teeth done and now he's  all over the hair dye. What's the next step? Move away from tracksuit manager to bespoke suit? 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Newcastle concede 2 goals from their own attacking corners. 

5-2 Leeds.

Are any of them in the top 12-15 good sides in that league you described ?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Are any of them in the top 12-15 good sides in that league you described ?

12-15th

Predict 

LEEDS 10TH

NEWCASTLE 12TH

Edited by Mikey1874

A Shoreditch Heart

'big sam' is back 🙂 yikes, what year is it ?  and we think the Scottish set up is nonsense - you really couldn't make it up !

1-1 and on the break Spurs equalise...totally against the run of play but Son scores...offside being checked

Given and it sums up Spurs of recent months

My half sister

I signed up for free trial then watched Leeds, moved over to the Spurs game and it froze after 18 minutes and won’t come back on. Says ‘oops there’s a problem’ anyone got any ideas?

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looked offside.

Nice goal. 

20 goals now  between Son and Kane. 

Never offside. Great run and finish. Cracking player too. 

6 minutes ago, My half sister said:

I signed up for free trial then watched Leeds, moved over to the Spurs game and it froze after 18 minutes and won’t come back on. Says ‘oops there’s a problem’ anyone got any ideas?

Using a web browser or the app on a phone?