English Premier League.

maroonlegions

6 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Don’t blame them for booing. When is this knee nonsense going to stop? Typical American fad and all the UK jump on the bandwagon.It’s time for football to get some sort of normality back

When is the nonsense going to stop? Maybe when racism from the terraces stops. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a difficult matter to discuss

Even on here if you state you think its had its time and is a waste you can get accused of racism when it should be a discussion point.

I really don't think it does anything now and I wouldn't boo those taking part but how many of them truly believe in what it represents and how many are just doing it because they think they have to ?

It's just a few seconds now with many seemingly paying lip service rather than truly taking part but that's just my opinion

As someone already said just do nothing and let it pass by if you don't agree with it or feel it has had it's time....there are many periods of silence in a season where this is adopted and accepted

I tend to look at peoples actions in a wider sense rather than judging them on this one matter 

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

When is the nonsense going to stop? Maybe when racism from the terraces stops. 

Maybe when racist gov stops bombing brown skinned countries, then it might stop. 

Like Les Ferdinand said, it's just useless woke, identity politics that solves nothing. 

How long has Give Racism the Red Card been going for? Or the LGBT rainbow symbol been around for. 

Changes come from mass movement protests,  or gov policy decisions, not punters going to football games 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Despite 2000 fans sounds like they are still playing the 'crowd noise' on tv.

I must be listening to a different thing Mikey?  Sounds like a bunch of auld grannies getting sight of their first boaby , very painful

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

I must be listening to a different thing Mikey?  Sounds like a bunch of auld grannies getting sight of their first boaby , very painful

A very painful listen,I meant 

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Maybe when racist gov stops bombing brown skinned countries, then it might stop. 

Like Les Ferdinand said, it's just useless woke, identity politics that solves nothing. 

How long has Give Racism the Red Card been going for? Or the LGBT rainbow symbol been around for. 

Changes come from mass movement protests,  or gov policy decisions, not punters going to football games 

I’d rather they dropped the knee thing , it’s been highlighted and rightly so but continuing  with it is like an advertisement for racism’s ugly head to rear up for the uneducated and racist teachings, IMO ,

maybe save for finals etc for impact?

Tottenham and Liverpool with big games on Sunday.   I think Tottenham are doing great with being up top challenging on equal points and a greater goal difference.   I think it's going to be a mighty close title run in for at least 3 clubs, possibly 4.   I fancy Tottenham to do it.   I can see Jose making some transfer deals to tighten the ship. 

Chelsea could be a good side. A contender.

I think they need to play with a higher intensity. It was noticeable that Kante was moving quicker than anyone else in the team. But they have good potential. They won well tonight. 

On 30/11/2020 at 21:25, Tazio said:

Bit of advice for Jack Grealish. If you don’t want to spend all your time rolling around on the ground rubbing your shin after the latest “foul” against you try getting some proper ****ing shinpads. 

Is shinpads not mandatory these days, saw a few players with socks pushed down to their ankles?

12 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Is shinpads not mandatory these days, saw a few players with socks pushed down to their ankles?

He wears very short pads that are really just a nod to the regulations. 

3 hours ago, maggieb said:

I’d rather they dropped the knee thing , it’s been highlighted and rightly so but continuing  with it is like an advertisement for racism’s ugly head to rear up for the uneducated and racist teachings, IMO ,

maybe save for finals etc for impact?

I think so.  When fans return in numbers this will get disrupted more frequently.

It made sense around the BLM riots but continued use of it dilutes its impact.

Ronald Villiers
12 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yes, I think it's probably time to stop doing this.  If people want to do it then fair enough, I'm not going to boo them for doing it.

Sheffield united are done.    Lost a late goal, lost 2-1.   If the defender just hacks vardy down, get sent off, save his team a point at least.   He just let's him run through. 

Yeah I backed a 1-1 draw :facepalm:

48 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Sheffield united are done.    Lost a late goal, lost 2-1.   If the defender just hacks vardy down, get sent off, save his team a point at least.   He just let's him run through. 

Laid 1-1 with 10 mins to go :)

54 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If he'd hacked him down early would just have been a booking (Egan hadn't even been booked).

34 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Son, what a stoater of a goal. 

The signings made in the summer have made a very good impact. Hojberg and regullion have given them that little bit extra. I do think they still are short of a CH to be proper challengers as dier is imo not up there for me. Stay where they are into January and get another CH and they will be real title contenders

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If he'd hacked him down early would just have been a booking (Egan hadn't even been booked).

Jamie Vardy is one of the best ever at playing on the defenders shoulder. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mourinho is going to win this league with Spurs, isn't he? 

40+ years of being a plastic Spurs fan tells me no. 
But I would like to add that next year ends in a one. 😀

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they had voted for 5 subs then they could have wasted a couple of more minutes...tough luck Wilder

Just now, CJGJ said:

If they had voted for 5 subs then they could have wasted a couple of more minutes...tough luck Wilder

Maybe Wilder can talk about fair play.

Get together with his 'mate' from Leeds (after the Leeds player stayed on his feet after being clipped in box last night.

Or maybe not. 

13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

40+ years of being a plastic Spurs fan tells me no. 
But I would like to add that next year ends in a one. 😀

Well, I think they certainly have a very good chance. Liverpool are a bit inconsistent, Man City don't really have a fit striker, Chelsea blow hot and cold. Never a better chance. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Well, I think they certainly have a very good chance. Liverpool are a bit inconsistent, Man City don't really have a fit striker, Chelsea blow hot and cold. Never a better chance. 

One of the betting companies did one of those daft points total thing for results since the last transfer window shut. 

803699B4-00A0-4D0A-919B-D458E76ED015.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

One of the betting companies did one of those daft points total thing for results since the last transfer window shut. 

803699B4-00A0-4D0A-919B-D458E76ED015.jpeg

:laugh2: Man Utd. I'd take that with a pinch of salt. 

Spurs biggest strength could turn out to be their biggest weakness. Jose. 
If this game stays at 2-0 I can almost guarantee he will bring on Davies and Winks. Man City and Liverpool are not teams you want to try that with all the time as they don’t give up. 

23 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Don’t blame them for booing. When is this knee nonsense going to stop? Typical American fad and all the UK jump on the bandwagon.It’s time for football to get some sort of normality back

Exactly.

We all deplore racism but BLM as an organisation are making it worse + their mission statement is about ending capitalism and "destroying the nuclear family". Since taking the knee is seen (at the very least) as support for them as an organisation, I would not do it.

More to the point - it's sport and I would really rather this wasn't part of it... even if the cause is just. 

3 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Exactly.

We all deplore racism but BLM as an organisation are making it worse + their mission statement is about ending capitalism and "destroying the nuclear family". Since taking the knee is seen (at the very least) as support for them as an organisation, I would not do it.

More to the point - it's sport and I would really rather this wasn't part of it... even if the cause is just. 

If they weren't taking a knee right now they'd be waving the 'Show Racism The Red Card' kind of stuff, which some would still associate with specific BLM movement criteria 🤷‍♂️

For them to boo was not to disapprove of BLM - it's because they are actually racist and they are the sorts who'd be chucking bananas if they could hide in a full crowd and get away with it.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

If they weren't taking a knee right now they'd be waving the 'Show Racism The Red Card' kind of stuff, which some would still associate with specific BLM movement criteria 🤷‍♂️

For them to boo was not to disapprove of BLM - it's because they are actually racist and they are the sorts who'd be chucking bananas if they could hide in a full crowd and get away with it.

I would boo it and I hate racism, so don't presuppose that. Sure some might be racists but many are rational people & some who just don't want this stuff in sport. 

I have no problem at all with show racism the red card because it isn't associated with BLM who are a very bad organisation indeed. 

Anyway, I think we will see a big backlash against this when fans properly come back. 

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I would boo it and I hate racism, so don't presuppose that. Sure some might be racists but many are rational people & some who just don't want this stuff in sport. 

I have no problem at all with show racism the red card because it isn't associated with BLM who are a very bad organisation indeed. 

Anyway, I think we will see a big backlash against this when fans properly come back. 

OK so they need to back to waving some cards about because they upset the capitalists :( 

Edited by kila

Think with the way the league is at the moment Man U could still be in with a shout, only on the basis that they sign a quality centre half in january.

Having said that If Liverpool are able to win tonight against a wolves team that often gives them problems and whilst missing Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk and Gomez from the backline then I think there's just no stopping them 

Good old VAR overturning Wolves penalty...correctly I might add...dive dive dive

Why no booking after the check clearly showed this ?

1-0 at half time

Edited by CJGJ