Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought the Premier League had changed their approach to VAR offsides.

Looking closely it is offside but not really in spirit of game

20201017_143126.jpg

these are great but do not show when the pass was made and with things so close no one can be sure hence goal should have stood

Ps that dotted line from Mane's shoulder clearly is swaying diagonally left. Really think the umpires decision rule in cricket would make sense for offsides in football

Ironically though going back a tight offside against Van Dijk prevented a penalty and possible red card for Pickford. 2-0 versus 10 men for 80 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ironically though going back a tight offside against Van Dijk prevented a penalty and possible red card for Pickford. 2-0 versus 10 men for 80 minutes. 

Another strange decision given that Richarlisons tackle was a second or two after the play was stopped. What's the difference?

1 minute ago, shlabalaba said:

I hate these offsides  ,  it should go by the feet 

Wait for the day when the offside is given for someone's arse being too big. :)

Terrific game, both teams played to strengths really, Liverpool and particularly Alcantara very impressive. Liverpool very unfortunate with key decisions and a draw was a good result for Everton.

Both teams struggled in defence.

No idea what Robertson was doing watching the Centre forward score.

Backheel was laughable from Everton defender for Liverpools second.

Liverpool keeper looked poor for the first Everton equaliser.

Pickford very lucky.About time var cost them big time..

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ffs Chelsea. ****ed my bet. 

If you didn't see the goals then I advise you don't watch the highlights

The 2nd one is absolutely criminal

Tierney starts for Arsenal.....won't be long until Lennon/Celtic and the Green Brigade spout the company line about how Sturgeon is one of 'them'

2 hours ago, Sigma One said:

Wait for the day when the offside is given for someone's arse being too big. :)

A certain poster from Hamilton would still want zeefuik back 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking closely it is offside but not really in spirit of game. It should be clear and obvious.

20201017_143126.jpg

I believe the FA asked if they could make the lines thicker for on/offside but they were told they weren't allowed. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking closely it is offside but not really in spirit of game. It should be clear and obvious.

20201017_143126.jpg

How can you make a judgement like that when you can't define when the ball is played through exactly. It's a nonsense.

1 minute ago, Gone said:

maybe I'm making a big deal out of this but would Aguero treat a male linesman like this? Creepy bar steward

Many players have done that with male officials. I wish people would stop looking for things that just are not there.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Many players have done that with male officials. I wish people would stop looking for things that just are not there.

Just my opinion that I am not too comfortable seeing that but I respect your opinion for thinking there is nothing to see.

52 minutes ago, Gone said:

Just my opinion that I am not too comfortable seeing that but I respect your opinion for thinking there is nothing to see.

👍

57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was more concerned about her reaction.  She was clearly uncomfortable with it.  

1 hour ago, Gone said:

maybe I'm making a big deal out of this but would Aguero treat a male linesman like this? Creepy bar steward

Shouldn't really do it, as you know people will latch on to it, and create it as something malicious, just like someone tried to say Robbie told his players to target that raith player the other night, absolute nonsense. 

Aguero is probably one of the most honest hardworking pros, in professional football just now. 

Come on :rofl:

all Aguero did was touch her on the shoulder. If he did that to a male official nothing, NOTHING would be said. 

7 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I was more concerned about her reaction.  She was clearly uncomfortable with it.  

7 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

She had no reaction ffs. Lifted her arm then basically acknowledged Aguero. That’s it

Edited by AlimOzturk

He stood Infront of her shouting in her face and then was being patronising putting his arm round her.

As for her reaction it looked like she tried to push him off to begin with.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

these are great but do not show when the pass was made and with things so close no one can be sure hence goal should have stood

Spot on. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Liverpool robbed in my book. Don't like var.

gettyimages-1255596056-1024x1024.jpg

If you remember this incident with Robbo and David Coote the ref from the post lock down games. Coote was on VAR today. Here's a transcript from the video.

Robbo: “How that’s not a penalty on me… What’s the point in having it [VAR]? What is the point in having you?”

“Wait until you see it. Wait until you go in and see that and you’ll go, ‘How the **** is that not a penalty?'” 

“Yous didn’t see ****ing anything. Yous didn’t see anything the whole game apart from ****ing booking him in the last minute."

“**** me. What’s the point of having yous in the middle? What’s the point of having you? Eh? **** me, honestly.”

Jürgen: “Really bad, I have to say. We have to be honest.”

Trent: “How the **** was that not a foul on [Robertson] by the way? **** me. If it’s not a penalty it’s a ****ing foul then. The contact echoed around the ****ing stadium!”

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

LarrysRightFoot
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201017_143126.jpg

All that does is prove he was onside! How can anyone never mind officials look at that and say it’s offside? Smacks of corruption.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Reading tonight van Dijk left hospital on crutches and might be out for a year after doing his cruciate ligament from Pickford’s challenge 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good to see the Liverpool seethe

Just need a Harry Maguire own goal and i'll be happy.

Or a VAR penalty for Newcastle.

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good to see the Liverpool seethe

Yip.They have had a good run with var.Good to see the seethe when it doesn't go their way.

37 minutes ago, benny said:

Yip.They have had a good run with var.Good to see the seethe when it doesn't go their way.

Not really the case though when you look at the facts and figures. I’m no fan of Liverpool but in this case they haven’t really hugely benefited from VAR. 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/ranking-every-premier-league-club-by-who-has-benefited-most-from-var/

I really do dislike Wilfred Zaha. Spends most of his time on the pitch moaning and diving, and most of his time off the pitch telling people he wants away from Palace. Conveniently forgetting when he did get a move he failed and ended up back at Palace. 

Amazing how defenders just seem to be incapable of combating that run into the box that Son loves doing. Especially considering how good he is when one on one with keepers.