English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Trafford must be very different these days, that guy would be getting an absolute doing when I lived down that way in the 90s.

Gentrified these days 😆

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Trafford must be very different these days, that guy would be getting an absolute doing when I lived down that way in the 90s.

I can't imagine that going down well anywhere in this country.  Imagine standing outside Tynecastle or Easter Road selling half and half scarfs? You'd get bottles chucked at you and battered within minutes. 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tough moments for the Liverpool fans 

Fans do like a over reaction. 

2 draws and a defeat and this is the state of some people. 

🤣🤣🤣

Some fans expect to win every game by a few goals and if they don't the Bawz burst. 

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Guaranteed Southampton 2-1 Man United result on Saturday now :rofl:

Here's hoping.

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You reckon?  They’re shite, Europa League again for them next season unless they can win the Europa League this season. 

Irony isn't for you then. 

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

That just can’t be true?

They had half n half scarves on sale outside Selhurst for the Palace-Villa game on Saturday. No links whatsoever between those 2 clubs but I saw a couple of people buying the scarves. I was shaking my head as I walked into the ground....

25 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

They had half n half scarves on sale outside Selhurst for the Palace-Villa game on Saturday. No links whatsoever between those 2 clubs but I saw a couple of people buying the scarves. I was shaking my head as I walked into the ground....

Chelsea with the right idea.

https://www.90min.com/posts/3599817-chelsea-ban-sale-of-half-and-half-scarves-after-winning-right-to-trademark-the-chelsea-name

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

The amount of football tourism at EPL games is frightening.

Ive seen fans from all over Asia and America - they're the ones who usually  buy this stuff. 

49 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

The amount of football tourism at EPL games is frightening.

Ive seen fans from all over Asia and America - they're the ones who usually  buy this stuff. 

The Champions League is the big draw for tourists.

A lot more so called tourists seem to get tickets in the cheap seats for these games.

In the big EPL games they are in the package sections paying mega bucks for the experience.

13 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's very early days of course, but mental to see 4 of the last 5 EPL winners in the bottom half

Screenshot_20220823-071107.thumb.png.010148c0f4a350a158159ff8b02dcb01.png

The hammers had a great season last year.

Hope they start picking up wins soon.

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Wonder if Gerrard might be looking for a new job soon. Currently losing at Bolton in the cup. 😁

Villa equalise direct from the corner 🤣

Liverpool 4 up against Bournemouth

Chelsea down to 10 men against Leicester

Everton 1 up against Brentford

Edited by AWM

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

It's NINE.

Most competitive league in the world, no easy games in that league!🤭

And the Scottish league is supposed to be embarrassing  - that’s the kind of score you expect to see in women’s football.

Haaland has 6 goals in his first 4 EPL games and fired a blank in the home game v Bournemouth!  

Stays fit he scores 40 this season maybe 50.

Edited by Luckies1874

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Haaland has 6 goals in his first 4 EPL games and fired a blank in the home game v Bournemouth!  

Stays fit he scores 40 this season maybe 50.

I assume you mean league goals only?!  In all competitions it could be ridiculous amounts. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I assume you mean league goals only?!  In all competitions it could be ridiculous amounts. 

Was meaning EPL goals yep but as you say throw in 10 or 12 European games and maybe an appearance or 2 late in the domestic cups.......

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Was meaning EPL goals yep but as you say throw in 10 or 12 European games and maybe an appearance or 2 late in the domestic cups.......

He’ll probably get rested in most of their domestic cup games though.  

I’m not sure what the record is but I think I remember Clive Allen scoring 49 in all competitions for Spurs.  

Ballitojambo

Manchester City very impressive in the second half, that Harland is going to break records in that team, but what’s with the double bank of advertising screens around the pitch, I know it’s about revenue and all that but it’s annoying when watching and you have to wonder at what stage it gets distracting for the players.

Pasquale for King

Firmino scores his 99th and 100th goals for Liverpool but hasn’t scored there since December 2020.
Clearly a different level but reminds of our conundrum with Boyce where his all round play is good but hardly scores these days.  

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Firmino scores his 99th and 100th goals for Liverpool but hasn’t scored there since December 2020.
Clearly a different level but reminds of our conundrum with Boyce where his all round play is good but hardly scores these days.  

He has been average at best for a few seasons now.

18 hours ago, Cade said:

Haaland hits a hat-trick.

Remember when English pundits were saying "lets see if he can handle the premier league" 🤩

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, benny said:

Yet Klopp still thinks he’s an invaluable member of his squad. Unsure who’s judgement I’d tend to trust here 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, benny said:

Yes but the manager still trusts him, he creates space for others but is no longer first choice. That could go for both of them really. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yet Klopp still thinks he’s an invaluable member of his squad. Unsure who’s judgement I’d tend to trust here 

🤣🤣🤣

periodictabledancer

Thoughts on the shirt pulling by Wolves, which was checked by VAR but deemed not  a penalty ? 

ANyone ? 

Bungalow Bill
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Thoughts on the shirt pulling by Wolves, which was checked by VAR but deemed not  a penalty ? 

ANyone ? 

I would have said penalty. Just making the rules up now. 

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fermino is an excellent player.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bournemouth sack Scott Parker.

Going by the statement made his words after Saturdays game didn’t go down well with the owners