Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga

Tremendous decision in Chelsea game to disallow West Ham equaliser in injury time. VAR is a good system but the referees and officials who are implementing it are an absolute disgrace.

Mendy arses up regulation save, fumbles ball out and then decided to pretend he was hurt to cover his mistake.

As for Man City, they want to dump Foden and get proper player on to replace him.

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

McGinn hooked after 65 mins for Villa 4th game in a row apparently 

hubz sell on reducing by the week 

Appears to be struggling with captaincy. A pale shadow of what he was on last couple of seasons.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, jonesy said:

And those are professionals.

Imagine the carnage that's going to ensue when it's released in Scotland with our hard-working, honest and impartial refereeing fraternity getting their grubby mitts on it.

I can see myself giving up on going to games if we start having all kinds of VAR stoppages and goals overturned for 2mm of a player's sleeve being offside or a foul the ref missed a minute before in a 'passage of play'.

It will be interesting to see how we implement it. Tackles like the Aberdeen guy on Ross County player should result in red, but if we have Collum, Dallas and friends running it, then all you can be sure is that it will be a total mess.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Brighton are a joy to watch 

Yet last season a lot of their supporters wanted manager sacked as they struggled to score goals and win games.

Potter doing a good job but credit to board for sticking with their man.

Rodgers needs some results. 

In usual circumstances 2 or 3 games to save his job though maybe Leicester will back him especially with not spending much money. 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yet last season a lot of their supporters wanted manager sacked as they struggled to score goals and win games.

Potter doing a good job but credit to board for sticking with their man.

Their fans didn't want him sacked at all as the football was much better without the results. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Brighton give a masterclass in how to play with a back 3. Take notice Robbie.  You play wingers at Wing Back. 

Robbie should definitely play Trossard on Thursday. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Rodgers needs some results. 

In usual circumstances 2 or 3 games to save his job though maybe Leicester will back him especially with not spending much money. 

Ange to replace him in January 😱😂🤯?!?!

Brendan Rodgers heading for the sack by looks of it.    I mentioned yesterday about Postecoglou maybe a candidate for the EPL at some point.    @Pasquale for King you mentioned Leicester as a slight joke.   Looks like he could be the first manager sacked.   Early days yet but the statistical for Claudio Ranieri was similar in defeats before the sack they mentioned.   Losing Schmeichel is part of their problem but they've always conceded lots of goals due to the playing style. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That doesn't even make sense tbh. 

Well you make it sound easy. I'd guess to play like Brighton do you would be best to do it with some Brighton players.

But if you think McKay-Steven and Ginnelly can do it then fair enough.

I still think Robbie with go with Barrie McKay and Alan Forrest. 

Edited by Mikey1874

I was quite for VAR. Now I'm really against it. Goal disallowed for an extremely soft bit of contact yet earlier in the season it wasn't used for pulling a guy to the ground by his hair.

It's got to be consistent, and it isn't. Hopefully they ditch it.

Malinga the Swinga

Arsenal score but hold on, VAR official realises it's at Man Utd and invents another reason to disallow.

The English officials, who allow more contact apparently, are utterly spineless in their decision making 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

And those are professionals.

Imagine the carnage that's going to ensue when it's released in Scotland with our hard-working, honest and impartial refereeing fraternity getting their grubby mitts on it.

I can see myself giving up on going to games if we start having all kinds of VAR stoppages and goals overturned for 2mm of a player's sleeve being offside or a foul the ref missed a minute before in a 'passage of play'.

They'll roll it back for someone having looked in the direction of an OF player and rule the goals out against them.

VAR in Scottish football will probably kill off my last remaining interest in it

Edited by Taffin

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well you make it sound easy. I'd guess to play like Brighton do you would be best to do it with some Brighton players.

But if you think McKay-Steven and Ginnelly can do it then fair enough.

I still think Robbie with go with Barrie McKay and Alan Forrest. 

We're not playing Leicester though are we?

I think we could but we're Uber negative. 

The problem with VAR is that there was never a clear definition of what it should be used for. 

Personally I think it should be used for offsides and nothing else. 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's meant to be a contact sport, nowhere near enough in that challenge to disallow Arsenal's goal.

Don't worry, if it happens for benefit of Man Utd, it will be allowed. The inconsistency of application of rules means that is a given.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The problem with VAR is that there was never a clear definition of what it should be used for. 

I'd extend it to violent conduct too. Elbows and kick outs etc that a ref might not have seen but other than that and as you say offsides, I'd use it for nothing else.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

See that Man Utd goal?

Our player would have touched it, stopped the ball, dragged it onto his other foot and then either 

1. tripped

2. been tackled

3. had his shot blocked

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

In my view the technology exists to take human decision out of the equation. Like cricket or tennis for example - particularly with offside. 

Can’t be to difficult to create some software that determines offside without a ref taking 4 mins to do so.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

See that Man Utd goal?

Our player would have touched it, stopped the ball, dragged it onto his other foot and then either 

1. tripped

2. been tackled

3. had his shot blocked

Do you know what causes that? Have a guess...

22 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's meant to be a contact sport, nowhere near enough in that challenge to disallow Arsenal's goal.

Went through the player and made no contact with the ball. 

48 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was quite for VAR. Now I'm really against it. Goal disallowed for an extremely soft bit of contact yet earlier in the season it wasn't used for pulling a guy to the ground by his hair.

It's got to be consistent, and it isn't. Hopefully they ditch it.

Anyone who thinks VAR is a good idea for Scottish football is a ****ing idiot.

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There was: clear and obvious errors.

They just abandoned that immediately due to an obsession with using it to 'correct' marginal decisions.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Anyone who thinks VAR is a good idea for Scottish football is a ****ing idiot.

But Scottish refs are fair and will be assisted by their colleagues using new technology. How can you think otherwise.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

But Scottish refs are fair and will be assisted by their colleagues using new technology. How can you think otherwise.

You're right, I wasn't taking on board all the facts.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

They just abandoned that immediately due to an obsession with using it to 'correct' marginal decisions.

The only thing that excuses some of the decisions is the cheating by players. Constant diving and play acting doesn't make things easy.

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They didn't define the parameters of clear and obvious errors though. It should have been offsides, probably reversal of wrongly given red cards and wrongly given pens. Stuff that changes games  You're right though, they have completely abandoned it's original intention. 

Malinga the Swinga

Arsenal streets ahead of Man Utd but with forwards Man Utd have and the desperation of officials to assist them, still anyone's game.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Arsenal streets ahead of Man Utd but with forwards Man Utd have and the desperation of officials to assist them, still anyone's game.

And as I said, with those forwards, man Utd now ahead. Will be given to Rashford but was really of as deflection took it past keeper.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The only thing that excuses some of the decisions is the cheating by players. Constant diving and play acting doesn't make things easy.

Thankfully Shearer called out out Mendy's cheating yesterday.

Pat Nevin was calling for VAR to get engaged with notably feigned head knock cheating.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Anyone who thinks VAR is a good idea for Scottish football is a ****ing idio

TBF, only the English seem to have problems with it. Every other country/tournament it seems to work (almost) perfectly.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

TBF, only the English seem to have problems with it. Every other country/tournament it seems to work (almost) perfectly.

The greatest league in the world, if you listen to their own hype, has the second worst officials. First place is of course reserved by Scottish officials who are a mile ahead on cheating and corruption.

Malinga the Swinga

Game over as Arsenal throw game away with ridiculous subs and defending.

Oh and FFS, give it a rest about Christian Eriksen. Sick to death of constantly going on about him and his miracle.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga