English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Parker got them promoted last year.

Won the first game of the season against Aston Villa, who finished mid table last year.

Next three games were against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool and they lost all three. Many clubs will lose to these three teams.

Manager has a go at the owner for not investing enough.

Manager fired.

A ludicrous situation. We see these stupid sackings every single year in English football.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
On 27/08/2022 at 16:45, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most competitive league in the world, no easy games in that league!🤭

And the Scottish league is supposed to be embarrassing  - that’s the kind of score you expect to see in women’s football.

A case of the commentator's curse here. 😄

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Parker got them promoted last year.

Won the first game of the season against Aston Villa, who finished mid table last year.

Next three games were against Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool and they lost all three. Many clubs will lose to these three teams.

Manager has a go at the owner for not investing enough.

Manager fired.

A ludicrous situation. We see these stupid sackings every single year in English football.

3 games against title contenders in his opening four matches was going to be a tough ask and surely no owner would be criticising, to the point of sacking, a manager who came away with 3 points from those 4 games - even with the colossal humping by Liverpool in the set.

As you say, a stupid sacking and more likely based on vanity and petty differences of opinion than in the better interests of the club.

Pasquale for King

If he saw the Liverpool backlash coming he maybe should’ve come up with a better plan to disrupt them, other teams have. They were lucky Salah was hopeless and Nunez was out. He’s never learnt how to defend in the top league and it was only a matter of time, might’ve been better to leave  it until after the next three doings. 

RustyRightPeg

Are Fulham ever going to use this new stand? Seems like it’s been getting built for about 4 seasons now

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every game is on BT Sport

I know, but I assume other games have different presenters and pundits.

ShortmanRossco
9 minutes ago, briever said:

This BT coverage is brutal - Leeds/Everton game.

Brilliant player for Leeds but I hate Beckford's impartiality. My team but drives me up the wall.

25 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Brilliant player for Leeds but I hate Beckford's impartiality. My team but drives me up the wall.

The best co commentator though 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, benny said:

Sacked for wearing a shite cardigan.

Sacked for looking like a thunderbird. 

RustyRightPeg

Hickey having an absolute worldie against Zaha all night, gives him half a yard at the edge of the box and he sticks it in the top bag. Levels to the game but Hickey continuing to show his class at the top level. 

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hickey having an absolute worldie against Zaha all night, gives him half a yard at the edge of the box and he sticks it in the top bag. Levels to the game but Hickey continuing to show his class at the top level. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hope not, I like the mental ones

New owner will demand success, they’ve spent around £200m with more to come. 

5 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

this one? 😂 check the price 

6F972D90-8A5B-4B4B-967B-6798B4529329.jpeg

Gotta feel this is a missed opportunity for Thom Browne.  If he halved prices and put some effort into writing his name all over the cardigan, he could sell his overpriced shite to stupid football fans rather than just stupid football managers.  

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, benny said:

If he is lucky the new owner will have more patience than the last.

The guy was barely in the door and threw himself into transfer dealings after sacking those previously in charge of recruitment , I don’t think patience is something he will be full of. Just been offered Neymar apparently. 

17 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was at game last night. Thought Hickey did really well and kept Zaha quiet until that one moment of real skill. Hickey has already shown you don't have to be physically big to compete in the EPL. Just hoping now that the transfer window closes and Zaha is still a Palace player!!

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, EagleJambo said:

Was at game last night. Thought Hickey did really well and kept Zaha quiet until that one moment of real skill. Hickey has already shown you don't have to be physically big to compete in the EPL. Just hoping now that the transfer window closes and Zaha is still a Palace player!!

Yeah. I’ve seen Zaha dismantle many top level full backs over a number of years. Genuinely thought Hickey handled him as well as anyone ever has, commentators were complementing him for being inside his jersey all night. 

As you say, a moment of magic, half a yard of space, no backlift, bang top bag. 

Zaha’s comments post game might’ve miffed a few at the club, but it was true what he said IMO. 

Not Hearts but Haaland has scored 2 in the first 8 minutes against Forest. 
The people saying he might not make the grade in the EPL are looking a bit daft now. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The people saying he might not make the grade in the EPL are looking a bit daft now. 

he now has matched the record of scoring 8 goals in his first five PL games along with quinn and aguero and he still has the rest of this half and the second half to break it. 

scratch that he now has a hat trick in the first half

Edited by milky_26

51 minutes ago, Tazio said:

First 8 mins?

2 minutes ago, 151 said:

First 8 mins?

My mistake. I was watching the Spurs game and didn’t realise the City match had kicked off earlier, so when the mentioned his 2nd goal I saw 8 minutes in the clock and presumed it had started at the same time. 

Just now, Tazio said:

My mistake. I was watching the Spurs game and didn’t realise the City match had kicked off earlier, so when the mentioned his 2nd goal I saw 8 minutes in the clock and presumed it had started at the same time. 

Fair enough mate I had to check to see if he had put two in that were disallowed! Guy is a goalscoring machine. We got the wee man tickets for Man City v Southampton in October hoping to see him bag a couple. 

I'm in the pub but Twitter has some streams. They come and go so having the various accounts saved is the way.

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Leicester look to be in big trouble this season. 

Quite funny to watch a team unravel in front of you. Vardy beginning to look tired and slowing up, keeper is a piss poor replacement for KS, Evans is pedestrian at best, Madison looks like he spends more time in hairdressers than in training, and Tielman gives impression he would rather be elsewhere.

Brendan beginning to look like a worried man.

Everton were nasty, time wasting, aggressive in last game. See what they do today.

These streams often don't last so go into accounts for a repost.