• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Brendan Rodgers heading for the sack by looks of it.    I mentioned yesterday about Postecoglou maybe a candidate for the EPL at some point.    @Pasquale for King you mentioned Leicester as a slight joke.   Looks like he could be the first manager sacked.   Early days yet but the statistical for Claudio Ranieri was similar in defeats before the sack they mentioned.   Losing Schmeichel is part of their problem but they've always conceded lots of goals due to the playing style. 

Definitely, I couldn’t remember who said it yesterday but it’s a great shout. 

2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Has the offside rule changed? Rashford was a mile offside for Utd's 3rd... ? 

Behind the pass.

Doesn't matter where he was in build up.

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fred comes on and Man Utd win. 

Obviously not over. 

Arsenal were always going to find it hard to win. United have good players plus officials always on hand to help their favourites over the line.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I saw the stat that In around 300 games (all in PL history), Man Utd have NEVER lost a game at Old Trafford if they led at half time. That is insane.

Not really. The majority of the time, they have had referees tied up and secured as a twelfth man always available to call on whenever required.

Malinga the Swinga

Ericson given man of match for recovering from heart attack. Far too much sentiment in decision

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

6 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I saw the stat that In around 300 games (all in PL history), Man Utd have NEVER lost a game at Old Trafford if they led at half time. That is insane.

1984 Ipswich 

Pasquale for King

Man U and the decisions they get are as disgusting as the uglies, over a billion spent in the last ten years to sit in and hit on the break. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not really. The majority of the time, they have had referees tied up and secured as a twelfth man always available to call on whenever required.

Not sure if you’re suggesting they’ve been bribing corrupt referees for nearly 40 years?

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Premier League admitting West Ham and Newcastle goals should have been given yesterday.

Which makes situation worse, rather than better. Are they going to give point to West Ham, take 2 off Chelsea, take one of Palace and give to Newcastle. Of course not, they say this and nothing changes. They did the same today at Old Trafford where perfectly good goal disallowed because refs biased towards Man Utd. Always thought that refs on England not allowed to ref home area teams but today's ref and VAR official from Greater Manchester.

The refs association been caught out fiddling games and now trying to cover their backs.

A sorry state for football when officials can't be trusted, although we have known that for years up in Scotland.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So many goals today in England m which were good but not brilliant finishes along a common theme.

One touch finishes. Or one touch to control then finish.

No super strikes IMO. Just basics.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ericson given man of match for recovering from heart attack. Far too much sentiment in decision

Or maybe just maybe was for setting up 2 goals for the team that won :lol: 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Brendan Rodgers heading for the sack by looks of it.    I mentioned yesterday about Postecoglou maybe a candidate for the EPL at some point.    @Pasquale for King you mentioned Leicester as a slight joke.   Looks like he could be the first manager sacked.   Early days yet but the statistical for Claudio Ranieri was similar in defeats before the sack they mentioned.   Losing Schmeichel is part of their problem but they've always conceded lots of goals due to the playing style. 

Parker went last week. 👍 

colinmorewasgash

Not like Li var pool and their dodgy injury time goals known as the english sellick who are as bad as their pals from glesca always the victims. How van dijk wasn't sent off yesterday oh yeah he plays for scousers. Noticed that the toon had been robbed last 2 games nothing to do with their saudi owners is it boohoo the big boys moan about human rights ok for the hibs with oil money citeh owners though. Why ref blew as coutinhos shot flew into net was as bad as last week when ederson throws it to palace player and he puts in net and its chalked off, plus last years everton non pen when hit rodris hand which if it had been given they wdnt have won league,

2 hours ago, benny said:

Welcome back.😄

defo citeh get the refs more than utd these days. English league is getting as bad as ours with var. Boohoo Arse fans bk to normal I see. If that was the other way with constant diving saka not eriksen that got pushed soft as it was (odegaard didnt get a touch on ball) they would be moaning it was foul. Sure souness  and white will moan about utd as usual tomorrow as well as the funeral of sevco losing to tims.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Parker went last week. 👍 

Oh yeah, After the 9-0 Liverpool game.   That was harsh.   Done by Arsenal and Man City as well. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Barely gave away a penalty or red cards in any of those games either. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Not like Li var pool and their dodgy injury time goals known as the english sellick who are as bad as their pals from glesca always the victims. How van dijk wasn't sent off yesterday oh yeah he plays for scousers. Noticed that the toon had been robbed last 2 games nothing to do with their saudi owners is it boohoo the big boys moan about human rights ok for the hibs with oil money citeh owners though. Why ref blew as coutinhos shot flew into net was as bad as last week when ederson throws it to palace player and he puts in net and its chalked off, plus last years everton non pen when hit rodris hand which if it had been given they wdnt have won league,

defo citeh get the refs more than utd these days. English league is getting as bad as ours with var. Boohoo Arse fans bk to normal I see. If that was the other way with constant diving saka not eriksen that got pushed soft as it was (odegaard didnt get a touch on ball) they would be moaning it was foul. Sure souness  and white will moan about utd as usual tomorrow as well as the funeral of sevco losing to tims.

You’re right but Utd have been given goals this season that others wouldn’t, Rashford was technically offside against Liverpool but a green zone came and went, today Maguire should’ve been red carded and a penalty given, a challenge he gets away with often and Brighton should’ve had a penalty also against them. They’ve spent over a Billion since Ferguson left and are still awful to watch..

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Oh yeah, After the 9-0 Liverpool game.   That was harsh.   Done by Arsenal and Man City as well. 

I think it was more to do with what he said to the media. 

if That odegaard soft soft soft contact is inside the box it's not being given as a penalty. Absolute var shambles. Fact var didn't even get the lines up for utd 3rd is shocking too as different angles looks like eriksen could be off but nah. Saka should have had a penalty again var brushed it off right away. Welcome to old Trafford where you need to physically be abused to earn a booking for a man utd player  

55 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

if That odegaard soft soft soft contact is inside the box it's not being given as a penalty. Absolute var shambles. Fact var didn't even get the lines up for utd 3rd is shocking too as different angles looks like eriksen could be off but nah. Saka should have had a penalty again var brushed it off right away. Welcome to old Trafford where you need to physically be abused to earn a booking for a man utd player  

It was a foul and would (should!) have been a penalty if inside the box.

15 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They have also been one of the top teams across that entire era and would not expect to lose two goals at home very often, especially when teams generally go to OT to defend.

I suspect most of the big teams across those years have similar records.

Percival King
17 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The problem with VAR is that there was never a clear definition of what it should be used for. 

Personally I think it should be used for offsides and nothing else. 

I think there would have been a clear definition as to what it should be used, however, that probably wasn't communicate clearly or often enough.

From listening to the debate on Sportsound the other week it seems the scope of it in Scotland is going to be different to that in England which will possibly lead to confusion and frustration for us - for most of us, our exposure to VAR is how we see it used in England but it seems we won't be replicating that here in Scotland I.e. the same incident being dealt with by VAR in one country but not the other.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

For man utd at old Trafford no one else 

1 minute ago, Seaside Dave said:

For man utd at old Trafford no one else 

You dont think that would be given as a foul anywhere except Old Trafford?

Happens every game , a midfielder gets caught in possession and earns a free kick - always looks dodgy in real toime but the replay usually shows the tackler coming through the legs of the player.

Pasquale for King

So the wee liar has been emptied from Leicester, shame. Get Ange in asap hahahahaha it would be so good if that happened 😆

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It wasn’t when Maguire did it yesterday or Martinez against Brighton? 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Spot on, much like playing in Glasgow. 

Taking dislikes of certain teams out the equation.  That was a foul on Erikson so once VAR is involved it's a no brainer.  My issue is that VAR was involved at all.  We can't correct every single Refereeing error.  Ref didn't think it was a foul in real time, play on Arsenal score.    That should have been that.  Offsides, penalties etc etc absolutely.  every single challenge, no.  Keep it away from SPL as far as I'm concerned.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Taking dislikes of certain teams out the equation.  That was a foul on Erikson so once VAR is involved it's a no brainer.  My issue is that VAR was involved at all.  We can't correct every single Refereeing error.  Ref didn't think it was a foul in real time, play on Arsenal score.    That should have been that.  Offsides, penalties etc etc absolutely.  every single challenge, no.  Keep it away from SPL as far as I'm concerned.

It was a foul, as was Maguire on the attacker, why wasn’t that picked up by VAR? You can’t disregard who the decisions usually go in favour of, they checked a goal against them last season for three different things before they found something to chalk it off for against them. 

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was a foul, as was Maguire on the attacker, why wasn’t that picked up by VAR? You can’t disregard who the decisions usually go in favour of, they checked a goal against them last season for three different things before they found something to chalk it off for against them. 

I don't think this is just a man U thing.  Look at all the VAR calls that Liverpool have benefited from over last couple of years for instance.

5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I don't think this is just a man U thing.  Look at all the VAR calls that Liverpool have benefited from over last couple of years for instance.

It's a big team bias. Same with Chelsea's at the weekend (though I welcomed it)

The only time it's gone in favour of the wee team was Spurs Vs Chelsea this year 😏

You think the VAR decisions down south are baffling, wait till our Poundland VAR is introduced up here!! As PfK mentioned with the Man Utd example, you can bet your last coin that the Old Firm will have plenty of those decisions in their favour. 

"Scenes here as Ross County score an unlikely winner at Parkhead in the last minute of the game..... Oh wait a minute, VAR is recommending the ref look at a potential foul from 10 passages of play ago.... Oh, and the goal has been disallowed and a penalty kick given to Celtic, for what appears to be the County defender coughing in the general direction of the Celtic forward". 

The weekend in England was a perfect storm of subjective decisions all of which could have gone the other way

Perhaps best to keep VAR for the obvious - offside, goal over line, foul inside or outside box, absolutely clear violent conduct. But I think the same controversies are coming our way. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Which ones? They seem to get marginal offside decisions against them every week? Whereas Rashford gets some made up green zone to score the decider in the game between the two? We saw even more marginal decisions this weekend, one for Liverpool where the attacker didn’t get the benefit of the doubt. The only consistency is Man U get these decisions. 
https://www.givemesport.com/88051021-marcus-rashford-offside-man-utd-striker-was-given-benefit-of-the-doubt-vs-liverpool

Edited by Pasquale for King

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It wasn’t when Maguire did it yesterday or Martinez against Brighton? 

The Maguire incident was very different though.

Not seen the martinez one.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The weekend in England was a perfect storm of subjective decisions all of which could have gone the other way

Perhaps best to keep VAR for the obvious - offside, goal over line, foul inside or outside box, absolutely clear violent conduct. But I think the same controversies are coming our way. 

Offside might be difficult as they’re ****ing about with that too. Connor Coady was really unlucky not to get that goal if this is being used for anyone bar Man U.

95771B08-6243-4DCA-ADD7-B7A55A3DAFAF.jpeg

B0A87943-B027-4CC8-9608-DDBCBCCC9EF9.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which ones? They seem to get marginal offside decisions against them every week? Whereas Rashford gets some made up green zone to score the decider in the game between the two? We saw even more marginal decisions this weekend, one for Liverpool where the attacker didn’t get the benefit of the doubt. The only consistency is Man U get these decisions. 
https://www.givemesport.com/88051021-marcus-rashford-offside-man-utd-striker-was-given-benefit-of-the-doubt-vs-liverpool

Just need to look back at last 2 years in Premier League.

I could quote you decisions from other clubs. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just need to look back at last 2 years in Premier League.

I could quote you decisions from other clubs. 

Can’t say I remember many but I’m sure there are some.