Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Can't forgive him for giving away (I think the 2nd) Hibs goal at Tynie last season. 

It happened a few times including for a goal we lost away at Motherwell in the LC. Didn’t seem to learn his lesson at all for someone with his recent pedigree. Surely he wasn’t getting away with it in the English Championship.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Gorgie Boot boy
52 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Wait this cant go without comment.

Irving is probably, alongside Haring, the only one who passes a ball forward and while he made a mistake for the Arbroath goal he is so far ahead of Damour its not even a debate.

Crazy.

Girly talk.

Damour might do ok in this league but the problem won’t be solved by him. We need fast players who worry the opposition, get in behind them and aren’t content to play safe passes around the midfield and defence. When Ginelly is on the pitch he gives us that, Washington did as well. We have plenty technically good players but lack balance, Neilson knows this and tried to resolve it by signing 3 wingers in the summer window, in typical hearts fashion though, two of the, were shite and one always out injured. Try again this window I’d think. Damour’s inclusion in the side won’t make any difference one way or the other. 

Edited by GinRummy

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Damour might do ok in this league but the problem won’t be solved by him. We need fast players who worry the opposition, get in behind them and aren’t content to play safe passes around the midfield and defence. When Ginelly is on the pitch he gives us that, Washington did as well. We have plenty technically good players but lack balance, Neilson knows this and tried to resolve it by signing 3 wingers in the summer window, in typical hearts fashion though, two of the, were shite and one always out injured. Try again this window I’d think. Damour’s inclusion in the side won’t make any difference one way or the other. 

The Damour situation needs sorted out one way or the other Mate. He was a good grafter before he came to us, unfortunate turn of events and now he is marked up as dug shite.

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The Damour situation needs sorted out one way or the other Mate. He was a good grafter before he came to us, unfortunate turn of events and now he is marked up as dug shite.

While he’s here we might as well get some use out of him. Like I said he could do ok in this league but he’ll be on a high wage and if possible I’d like him out the door and a proper quality winger found from somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I wonder how much his basic salary is?

I'd love to know if he's got an appearance fee too. Might explain why he's been completely frozen out.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

While he’s here we might as well get some use out of him. Like I said he could do ok in this league but he’ll be on a high wage and if possible I’d like him out the door and a proper quality winger found from somewhere. 

Difficult to do considering his contract, i am defending him as he has a terrible time since he arrived  have no idea how to rate him.

We need to sort it out. I agree his wage and lack of appearances make him look a wage thief.

Ah yes, we need a buzz bomb with a middle shed.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Here is something i found while researching Loic's salary.

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=216180

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I wonder how much his basic salary is?

The best i can find on this, someone else may find out more.

ESTIMATED SALARY

100.000 Pound per year

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

🙌

Finally some news from Hearts.

Pretty much as i thought it would say, and fits with the feeling he should be moved on. That does not mean he is out and gone just yet.

This story needs to be nailed one way or the other, put people right and lay it to rest.

Play or GTF

10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Finally some news from Hearts.

Pretty much as i thought it would say, and fits with the feeling he should be moved on. That does not mean he is out and gone just yet.

This story needs to be nailed one way or the other, put people right and lay it to rest.

Play or GTF

Agree 100%. Big bonus from this is it clears up our wage budget significantly with more players on the way out soon hopefully. Gives us a much bigger budget for next season so we can hit the ground running. 

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Agree 100%. Big bonus from this is it clears up our wage budget significantly with more players on the way out soon hopefully. Gives us a much bigger budget for next season so we can hit the ground running. 

Will be happy for it to be sorted, Crazy situation for us and Loic. Even though he hasn't done it for us he doesn't deserve the bullshit said here.

Is becoming a scape goat for other people agenda's. I made a mistake he has played 21 games all in for us since 2019 , i feel for him not getting our support.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I hope we're not looking for too big a transfer fee. 

Why do people think loic is on big money or a massive transfer.

If we get anything out of this it will be around £200,000, add in his  average salary of £100,000.

Hey presto, isn't that impressive, does help and add to the free money we got.            £500,000

Then there is the SC final money.                                                                                       £240,000  A guess         

£840,000     

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If we get anything out of this it will be around £200,000, add in his  average salary of £100,000.

Hey presto, isn't that impressive, does help and add to the free money we got.            £500,000

Then there is the SC final money.                                                                                       £240,000  A guess         

£840,000     

I wish. 

Gimme an H...
15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Worth considering instead of Irving. 

****ing hell have a word with yourself 😂😂

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, jr ewing said:

I wish. 

That is roughly the amount we would get if Damour.was transferred rather than loaned out. £300,000

A loan out would mean he is away to the EC, no one in Scotland has money to burn.

France is a decent shout

10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Two and a half years still on his contract. 

Thats TWO AND A HALF YEARS.

30 months. Approx 913 days.

**** me.

:facepalm:

Epitomises everything that was wrong at Hearts with Levein as both manager and DOF!!!

An absolute shambles. 

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

£840,000     

😂😂😅😂🤣😅😆

🤪🤯🥸🤓

Fanciful thoughts!!!!!!

He just never seemed to get to grips with Scottish football. He’s isn’t the first and won’t be the last.

Best he leaves ASAP and we can utilise his salary elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That is Cardiff though in the EC, they are mad at spending silly money. On a different level to us, Loic is not on that at Hearts

Tbf he did say in an interview he didn't really want to play for us but he was given an offer he couldn't refuse. This makes me think he might actually be on similar wages.

Our top 3 earners are Naismith, Boyce and Damour but I'm unsure in what order.

6 minutes ago, Pagey said:

found this re his 2019 salary on https://sportschunky.com/money/cardiff-city-players-salaries/

Loic Damour M £495,000 £9,519

Callum Patterson on £22k per week! 😲😳 

I reckon Damour will be one of our higher earners, if he was on £9k per week at Cardiff. Ridiculous when he's played a handful of games. Yet another chronic signing. How much have we wasted over the last 5 years or so?! 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

😂😂😅😂🤣😅😆

🤪🤯🥸🤓

Fanciful thoughts!!!!!!

if Damour is sold

Damour is valued at around £200,000,

Average  yearly salary with  £100,000

£300,000

Government money              £500,000 due to the Covid 19 shitfest.

Runners up SC                      £240,000

Oooops my mistake, me and my fantasy head.

£1,04M                                   

24 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

if Damour is sold

£300,000

£1,04M                                   

I'll round it up to £0.

Flux Capacitor
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Damour might need to play a game or two to tickle any interest. 

On the other hand, letting him know that he won’t be getting near the first team anytime soon may encourage him to instigate a move away from the club.

A bad deal from all concerned. His wage would certainly come in handy...

5 hours ago, Gimme an H... said:

Can't forgive him for giving away (I think the 2nd) Hibs goal at Tynie last season. 

I think there were three occasions when he lost possession and cost us goals directly last season. He was being targeted by opposition teams because they new he dithered on the ball and could be robbed easily. He must have cost us at least 5 points and along with the hologram goalie he cost us relegation.

Gorgie Boot boy
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is like Malaury Martin all over again.

Wonder if Loic has a favourite Barista in the City Centre,

One in Chantilly would be better.

7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think there were three occasions when he lost possession and cost us goals directly last season. He was being targeted by opposition teams because they new he dithered on the ball and could be robbed easily. He must have cost us at least 5 points and along with the hologram goalie he cost us relegation.

Yawn Yawn Yawn

Another example of a post just trying to run down a member of the squad to make themselves feel better.....'targeted by opposition players'..truly nonsense

Just picking the parts of a players performance to suit your rather poor point

Blaming him for relegation just shows how sad your little post truly is

He was not what you imagined when signed so its all his fault accepting a deal from the club and then having the misfortune to arrive at a time of trouble for the club. He played as many good matches as poor ones but when scapegoats are sought he's become the easy target.

Of course for all parties should he not be part of the managers thoughts a move may be a decent option but at least try to post with a modicum of truth

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Epitomises everything that was wrong at Hearts with Levein as both manager and DOF!!!

An absolute shambles. 

What worries me is that I'm sure levein said at the time he had admired him for years. God knows what that was he admired. Utterly terrible signing on an utterly ludicrous deal. Thank god he's away. Though frear and Roberts have me thinking were still just picking players at random and hoping they turn out good. Fingers crossed this changes with the new DoF starting imminently 

1 minute ago, Bainy said:

What worries me is that I'm sure levein said at the time he had admired him for years. God knows what that was he admired. Utterly terrible signing on an utterly ludicrous deal. Thank god he's away. Though frear and Roberts have me thinking were still just picking players at random and hoping they turn out good. Fingers crossed this changes with the new DoF starting imminently 

Fingers crossed you are right mate. I’m sure Damour was Dickamona’s mate too. Levein was a slavering arse. Probably didn’t even know who he was until Clevid said about him. 

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yawn Yawn Yawn

Another example of a post just trying to run down a member of the squad to make themselves feel better.....'targeted by opposition players'..truly nonsense

He was not what you imagined when signed so its all his fault accepting a deal from the club and then having the misfortune to arrive at a time of trouble for the club. He played as many good matches as poor ones but when scapegoats are sought he's become the easy target.

Of course for all parties should he not be part of the managers thoughts a move may be a decent option but at least try to post with a modicum of truth

He was shite. You forgot to mention that in your pointless attack on the poster you quoted. Another expensive mistake to add to the many that seen us slump to the foot of the table when the music stopped last season. You’ve shown more passion in your post than Damour did in a maroon jersey though so well done for that. 

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yawn Yawn Yawn

Found Loic

So what is the bottom line here?  How much will it cost us to offload?  

More money spunked against the wall by this disatererous regime.

He's not the only player from last season or the season before who has come here and had a bad start. He has however had a couple of cracking games for us, so at least we know he's capable. 

A_A wehatethehibs

The sooner he finds himself a new club the better for all parties.  Makes you wonder if there’s any point giving new players long term deals at all.

Looks like we’ve now set 2 year maximum on contracts which is good. I hope that policy continues. All players good and bad signed by Neilson this season are only on 1 or 2 year deals, happy if it stays that way for the next few years. A 1-2 year deal on fair wages to attract players in, but we can’t dish out these 3 and 4 year deals - IMO just walk away from negotiations with players who demand it, it should be a red line it simply doesn’t suit our club. 

No player over the age of 22 or 23 should get anything more than a 2 year contract and thankfully that appears to be the Neilson policy.

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

if Damour is sold

£300,000

£1,04M                                   

Matey, I use to do this when I was 11 or 12...write silly wee numbers down and ask myself why X or Y wasn't happening....the fact you actually typed that someone would pay a fee for him, A FEE (!!!!), was enough for me 😆😅🤣😂🤪😝🤯🥸🤓🤡

You clearly have A LOT of time on your hands or are a child enjoying time off school....either or...

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Matey, I use to do this when I was 11 or 12...write silly wee numbers down and ask myself why X or Y wasn't happening....the fact you actually typed that someone would pay a fee for him, A FEE (!!!!), was enough for me 😆😅🤣😂🤪😝🤯🥸🤓🤡

You clearly have A LOT of time on your hands or are a child enjoying time off school....either or...

Who said anyone would pay a fee for Loic Damour ?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed