Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Nah I know, I remember reading this at the time, seething. I mean I have no desire to keep him, but felt it was incredibly presumptuous (that other clubs would want him) and dismissive (he's part of the reason the season was so shite). 

Giving an interview to a foreign newspaper is different to taking to a fan too. Players should never discuss their future with fans - they should keep their cards close to their chests just out of respect. I've never heard of a player telling a fan he wants to leave - it's incredibly disrespectful to look a fan in the eye and tell them you don't want to play for their club any more. 

I was hearing a football journalist who covers European football saying that he always enjoys international breaks. That is because as its when players playing in a league which is foreign to them are away on international duty, they give their home press interviews and will be more honest about the club they play or and situation. However when it gets translated back to the papers from the country of the league they play in, they can pretend these papers are mistranslating the original interview. But in reality you get a players honest views.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was hearing a football journalist who covers European football saying that he always enjoys international breaks. That is because as its when players playing in a league which is foreign to them are away on international duty, they give their home press interviews and will be more honest about the club they play or and situation. However when it gets translated back to the papers from the country of the league they play in, they can pretend these papers are mistranslating the original interview. But in reality you get a players honest views.

Totally. He probably never thought it would make it back here and it sounds like he's trying to save face. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Totally. He probably never thought it would make it back here and it sounds like he's trying to save face. 

I do think some players forget how stories can quickly be picked up over here by papers or even fans.

He is absolutely pish and the outfield equivalent  to that clown from Man U who was in goals last year.

He should never wear a Hearts strip again. Ever. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

If he's out telling members of the public / fans (did he know you support hearts?) this, then he's even more of a tit than I first thought. 

I speak to him now and then about football and Hearts. As others have said it’s no secret. 

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say I think he'll be this years Sean Clare. 

I reckon Robbie drags a performance out of him and he absolutely dominates at the lower level

#goodenoughforthechampionship

Unknown user
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say I think he'll be this years Sean Clare. 

I reckon Robbie drags a performance out of him and he absolutely dominates at the lower level

#goodenoughforthechampionship

No way he'll still be here IMO, he wants to leave and his wage isn't value for money so we'll want him to leave too.

8 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I speak to him now and then about football and Hearts. As others have said it’s no secret. 

Tell him he's a fud then.

He might want to move but he's going to be very difficult to move on I suspect.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Tell him he's a fud then.

🤣

I was actually getting haircut and he was next to me the day after the Xmas derby at Tynie.

He was getting a cut throat shave - I offered to do this 🙁

12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

He wants to move on. I spoke to him a wee while back. He lives next close by. 

Was that from a different horse's

mouth ? (see baxterd)

I think he wants to leave but he might not have any suitable offer. He played well a couple of times but too often caught on the ball. 

51 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

🤣

I was actually getting haircut and he was next to me the day after the Xmas derby at Tynie.

He was getting a cut throat shave - I offered to do this 🙁

Superb 😂 

16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think he wants to leave but he might not have any suitable offer. He played well a couple of times but too often caught on the ball. 

You've got to assume he'll need to take a wage cut to get a move. Nobody is going to be daft enough to match or increase his wage based on his performances last season. He was one of our worst players. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

You've got to assume he'll need to take a wage cut to get a move. Nobody is going to be daft enough to match or increase his wage based on his performances last season. He was one of our worst players. 

hopefully he is one of those with a relegation clause 

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hopefully he is one of those with a relegation clause 

I would imagine most will have a clause that says "if in event of relegation, if a team comes in with a suitable offer, you are free to talk"

and as we've seen with Washington (5 figure sum) that suitable offer won't be too much

rudi must stay

Nice goal in training from him. Must say on Hearts TV there's a video of training, looks like there's a good atmosphere in the group 

Edited by rudi must stay

give him confidence, a good team spirit and understanding with each other as well as a more positive style of play and we may see what warnock saw in him in Cardiff's championship winning season. 

not a fan of his, but if he is going to be here we might as well see what Robbie can get out of him.

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

give him confidence, a good team spirit and understanding with each other as well as a more positive style of play and we may see what warnock saw in him in Cardiff's championship winning season. 

not a fan of his, but if he is going to be here we might as well see what Robbie can get out of him.

Maybe if he could speed himself up a bit it might help as well. He might be better a bit further foward with a defensive mid behind him to mop up after he loses the ball. Might not cost us so many goals that way.

pettigrewsstylist

Not suited to any level of physical football imo. Hopefully get him punted. A perfect example of a manager not knowing wtf hes doing. 

upgotheheads
20 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe if he could speed himself up a bit it might help as well. He might be better a bit further foward with a defensive mid behind him to mop up after he loses the ball. Might not cost us so many goals that way.

The only half decent performances (few, but one at Hamilton I think)) that I saw from him was when he played further forward. He's a liability as a defensive midfielder. 

24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The only half decent performances (few, but one at Hamilton I think)) that I saw from him was when he played further forward. He's a liability as a defensive midfielder. 

Yes far too easily dispossessed to be Defensive Mid.

14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Robbie Neilson will give Loic Damour a chance to revive his Hearts career this season

Frenchman still in plans after disappointing first year

He is 12 months into a four-year contract and Neilson explained today that he is willing to give the player opportunities this season.

Provided he impresses during pre-season training, the 29-year-old could re-establish himself in the team after a difficult first season at Tynecastle Park.

He was signed on a long-term deal from Cardiff City by former Hearts manager Craig Levein last August but did not live up to expectations in his 21 appearances.

Neilson told the Evening News that he is not closing the door on a potential revival for Damour.

“Loic had a difficult season last year. He admitted that himself,” said Neilson. “He has come in to do pre-season and we will assess him like everyone else. If he does really well, there will be an opportunity there for him.

“We give him every opportunity, of course. It’s important we look at everybody because last year was very difficult for everyone. There have been a lot of changes going on and it’s a chance for people to impress.

“We have a long pre-season for them to impress in and they will all get opportunities. Loic is no different.”

Sean Clare, Callumn Morrison and Bobby Burns have left Hearts in recent weeks, with Conor Washington to follow if Charlton Athletic complete a deal to sign him.

Neilson is assessing others at the moment after his squad resumed contact training on Monday.

"It’s early days at the moment. Monday was the first day of contract training. Last week was all non-contact and distanced training. It’s quite hard to get a real look at players under those circumstances,” he said.

“You need to get into full-size games and get everyone involved. The boys have all come back in decent condition. We have technically very good players and we will assess them over the next couple of weeks.”

In other words no one is prepared to take him! If he is to play I will get behind him but want to see better quality and more commitment from him. Could count on one hand the amount of decent games he had last season. 

Could be another Clare-esque turnaround, which would be brilliant!

Not sure I can see that happening though.

upgotheheads
Just now, Tenor said:

On the subject of Clare, was his contract up? I would have liked to see him stay, but maybe it was his decision.

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

On the subject of Clare, was his contract up? I would have liked to see him stay, but maybe it was his decision.

Think he still had another year to go which is why we got a fee.

Haven't given up on him. 

He can play, he must be able to and he's got a long contract (thanks Craig).

Hopefully RN and JJ will get a tune out of him. It's not unreasonable to believe they can. 

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Haven't given up on him. 

He can play, he must be able to and he's got a long contract (thanks Craig).

Hopefully RN and JJ will get a tune out of him. It's not unreasonable to believe they can. 

Don't think JJ will be having anything to do with coaching any players. He is there as an advisor to AB and the Hearts Board not to coach players.

if we can't off load him, got to try and get the best out of him we can. maybe he'll prove us all wrong after getting some actual proper coaching and with an actual team identity

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't think JJ will be having anything to do with coaching any players. He is there as an advisor to AB and the Hearts Board not to coach players.

must be great for Robbie to know he has JJ'sbear if he needs it though (I have such in such a problem with this certain player, and ideas on how I can help them?) type. so not hands on at all, but has the remit to help out if asked

1 minute ago, Gav M said:

must be great for Robbie to know he has JJ'sbear if he needs it though (I have such in such a problem with this certain player, and ideas on how I can help them?) type. so not hands on at all, but has the remit to help out if asked

I am sure if Robbie wants JJ's advice on anything then he will be happy to give it but he will not be out there coaching palyers alongside Robbie was my point really.

Just now, wavydavy said:

I am sure if Robbie wants JJ's advice on anything then he will be happy to give it but he will not be out there coaching palyers alongside Robbie was my point really.

sorry, my point was actually in agreement with you but just adding on that he is there for advice if required 

Extrract from an article this morning in the EEN.

French midfielder Loic Damour will be given a chance to revitalise his Hearts career under manager Robbie Neilson.

He is 12 months into a four-year contract and Neilson explained today that he is willing to give the player opportunities this season.

Provided he impresses during pre-season training, the 29-year-old could re-establish himself in the team after a difficult first season at Tynecastle Park.

Just now, Gav M said:

sorry, my point was actually in agreement with you but just adding on that he is there for advice if required 

👍

42 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

34 minutes ago, Gav M said:

A one to one with JJ might sort the boy out. If there's any straightening out to be done big Jim's yer man. 

This is the same player that played almost every single match of a championship teams promotion into the EPL, there has to be a player in there somewhere.

Leveins Battalion

Mind when Malaury Martin left and we all said thank feck the club will never have to put up with signings like that again:sob:.

4 year Deal,4 fecking years!!!!It's almost like somebody at the club didn't have a clue.:levein2:.

We need to contact Viridor to clean up this mess.:vrface:

1 hour ago, brux said:

This is the same player that played almost every single match of a championship teams promotion into the EPL, there has to be a player in there somewhere.

I agree on this I think he badly misjudged scottish football. I think we may see a player appear this season and he will become a decent addition to the squad.

1 hour ago, brux said:

Someone explained his playing career in depth in their promotion year and he didn't play for the second half of the season IIRC, it's further up the thread

Posted this in the transfer thread but maybe better posted here -

I think what happens with Damour could also depend on what our proposed formation will be.

For example in a 442 if he were to be asked to be the creative or box to box central midfielder I don't think that plays to his strengths.

But, if we were to play 4231 with Damour and (if fit) Haring sitting to be combatitive, break up play and with the task of protecting and then allowing the full backs to push on and give the front 4 a bigger freedom to go and constantly attack (say 2 wingers and Naismith in behind Boyce - he could join him at times to make 2 in the box) then I think it could be a different story.

A reoccurring theme in recent years is either we ask players to do jobs that IMO they arent good at doing, or play them in positions they arent good at or in formations they dont seem comfortable playing.

Overall we need to either pick a formation to suit the players we have and make sure we put people in correct positions with jobs they are capable of, or, we pick a formation and we then have to succeed in offloading those who do not fit and get players in who do.

This applies to Berra too IMO. Maybe in a back 3 would be ok or a deep lying back 4 but if we expect to be dominating play and press with a high back 4 then absolutely not.

Strategy and formations should have have a huge impact on who stays and goes.

3 hours ago, Tenor said:

At least with Clare there was a school of thought that "there's a player in there"

With Slowic Manure, no one has ever said that. Ever 🙂 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

A one to one with JJ might sort the boy out. If there's any straightening out to be done big Jim's yer man. 

If you think RN can't do that equally well then we've got the wrong man as manager.

3 hours ago, martoon said:

Maybe but I also think Robbie is quite capable of doing similar.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed