Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

Big Slims World Cup Ticket
On 07/08/2020 at 07:57, Saughton Jambo said:

Levein gave him a 4 year deal on a vastly overinflated wage for his ability that’s why. Gareth Bale is doing it at Real Madrid and Damour is copying his blueprint.  He’s our new Malaury Martin.  Should be told he’s losing 50% of his salary due to demotion and hopefully he’ll bolt. He’s starting to grind my gears in the most annoying fashion. 

Malaury Martin is an extreme example of a bad signing. I think with Damour, handing out a long contract was the right thing to do. He'll either apply himself and be decent or he'll leave for money; he came up with a good rep and since English clubs don't watch our game, they'll have him back no bother. 

Similar to a lot of these guys from last season he deserves another chance in my view but ultimately I'd prefer one of our young centre-mid guys to come of age. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

If you think RN can't do that equally well then we've got the wrong man as manager.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe but I also think Robbie is quite capable of doing similar.

I have great belief in Robbie. The big Jim chat was tongue in cheek. Mostly. 

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Think he still had another year to go which is why we got a fee.

5 hours ago, Tenor said:

Could be another Clare-esque turnaround, which would be brilliant!

Not sure I can see that happening though.

As it was  the famous undisclosed fee for Clare I hope there was a decent sell-on clause. Clare looked to me to have some class, and may be the kind of player who could go on to good things, with a big transfer in England in the future. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, AndyMcI said:

Overall we need to either pick a formation to suit the players we have and make sure we put people in correct positions with jobs they are capable of, or, we pick a formation and we then have to succeed in offloading those who do not fit and get players in who do.

Something Neilson is good at IMO. Always loved how we played with Nicolson and Walker switching wings all the time. Hoping some combination of Frear or AN Other, Roberts, Moore and Walker can do this although Walker will probably be more of a central/roving AM under Neilson.

Games with no fans aren't going to be as frantic as when Damour started playing for us. And fans won't be on his back. He may yet be able to do a job as a holding mid. He must have technical ability playing at the level he did before us. And of course we're likely to be winning a lot more than we lose, which will make the dressing room and general feeling around the club  completely different.

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 hours ago, martoon said:

I have great belief in Robbie. The big Jim chat was tongue in cheek. Mostly. 

Of course it was.

Ex member of the SaS

Said before I am willing to give players the benefit of the doubt, new manager new tactics new training regimen can all make a big difference in how a player performs. IF however he doesn't grab this chance he should be dumped at the first operchancity.

• 3 months later...

Don't worry, he's back in full training and will be able to help turn this team around, he's been sorely missed

🙃

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Don't worry, he's back in full training and will be able to help turn this team around, he's been sorely missed

🙃

never thought I’d say this but he should be given a chance when fit. Looking at the last 2 games anyway I’d have him start. 
apart from Haring could replace any of the others 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

🙃

Christ, I doubt I’ve ever hated a Hearts squad as much as this one.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

😂 shouldn’t laugh but if you didn’t laugh you’d cry 😢 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

hated a Hearts squad as much as this one so far

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Sertse said:

🙃

It’s like there’s a cup final around the corner. 

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When we were crap during the late 70s and early 80s, we knew the players were trying, but just not good enough. They certainly weren't paid anything like the current team and the club was on it's knees, financially.

There's no excuse for Hearts having cobbled together some of the players we have now.

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s like there’s a cup final around the corner. 

I was surprised he didn’t do well in the Scottish Premiership, surely he’ll be able to hold his own in the Scottish Championship? 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was surprised he didn’t do well in the Scottish Premiership, surely he’ll be able to hold his own in the Scottish Championship? 

Have any the rest held their own against Dunfermline or the might of Alloa in the last three hours that we played them?
There’s something wrong at the club, whether it’s a combination of things is up for discussion but the players not playing to their potential is definitely one of them. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

he'll probably still get caught in possession sadly and give away stupid fouls

A_A wehatethehibs

I can’t think of any player to have had a worse first year at the club. Absolute car crash for him. 

But good luck to him, all the best recovering to full fitness and recovering to the player that won his move to Cardiff, that’s what we all hope to see. There has to be a player in there surely, but will take a monumental effort from him to turn it around. 

Perth to Paisley
Spoiler

Hopefully getting himself fit for his new club in January 

Spoiler

Edited by Perth to Paisley
Spoiler issue !

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Perth to Paisley said:
  Hide contents

Hopefully getting himself fit for his new club in January 

I’ll drive him to wherever it is

46 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

he'll probably still get caught in possession sadly and give away stupid fouls

Is this post about Damour? Or Walker?

He is nowhere near as bad as some posters are trying to paint him

Frustration boiling over and some players just become an easy target

When fit he will be a good addition to our squad and he is better than a number who have played for us already this season...should he and the club be happy for him to stay in January

Hope "full training" includes plenty of sudokus so that his brain might catch up with the rest of his body whenever the ball comes near him.

29 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I can’t think of any player to have had a worse first year at the club. Absolute car crash for him. 

But good luck to him, all the best recovering to full fitness and recovering to the player that won his move to Cardiff, that’s what we all hope to see. There has to be a player in there surely, but will take a monumental effort from him to turn it around. 

I have seen a lot, lot, worse at Hearts.

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Hope "full training" includes plenty of sudokus so that his brain might catch up with the rest of his body whenever the ball comes near him.

🤣

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

He is nowhere near as bad as some posters are trying to paint him

Frustration boiling over and some players just become an easy target

When fit he will be a good addition to our squad and he is better than a number who have played for us already this season...should he and the club be happy for him to stay in January

Ehh I am hopeful he can maybe offer something under new management, it’s right to try to be optimistic. But the folk saying how shite he is are pretty well justified. He has been absolutely dreadful when he has played

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ehh I am hopeful he can maybe offer something under new management, it’s right to try to be optimistic. But the folk saying how shite he is are pretty well justified. He has been absolutely dreadful when he has played

Really

Well he seemed fine against Rangers and played well at Easter Road in the 3-1 victory

You either follow the crowd like a bunch of sheep or just take a step back and look more carefully

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, frankblack said:

I have seen a lot, lot, worse at Hearts.

Who else has joined on big money from a big English club, but then ended the season relegated to the Scottish championship? We all thought on paper he looked a quite good replacement for Djoum... we were thinking we looked well equipped to challenge for Europe, that’s not been the case. Can’t think of 1 good performance from him where he influenced a game positively. As a signing he’s got to be near enough say Beslija in terms of the big expectations and money -> absolutefailure. But I do hope he manages to turn it around, surely he has to have something to offer.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, CJGJ said:

Really

Well he seemed fine against Rangers and played well at Easter Road in the 3-1 victory

You either follow the crowd like a bunch of sheep or just take a step back and look more carefully

I lose the rag when folk pick out the one anomaly among his probably 15 or 20 odd other insipid draws and losses in a Hearts shirt where our midfield has been non existent and we wound up 4 points adrift at the bottom of the league. He wasn’t even particularly good in those 2 games, just didn’t make an arse of anything 

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who else has joined on big money from a big English club, but then ended the season relegated to the Scottish championship? We all thought on paper he looked a quite good replacement for Djoum... we were thinking we looked well equipped to challenge for Europe, that’s not been the case. Can’t think of 1 good performance from him where he influenced a game positively. As a signing he’s got to be near enough say Beslija in terms of the big expectations and money -> absolutefailure. But I do hope he manages to turn it around, surely he has to have something to offer.

You can't pin the demotion directly on him - we compete with a full squad.

I'd rather have him in the team than the likes of Oshaniwa.

You can't compare him to Beslija in terms of cost at all - transfer fee, wages, etc.

Edited by frankblack

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Really

Now do the rest of his games

Give him a second chance...

1. Did well against Rangers and Hibs

2. Gets to play next to Haring

If he is still him old self them get rid. But we need all the help we can get

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Point being , he can play . No idea why it mostly hasn't happened . If he is fit surely worth a try at this level ?

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You can't pin the demotion directly on him - we compete with a full squad.

I'd rather have him in the team than the likes of Oshaniwa.

You can't compare him to Beslija in terms of cost at all - transfer fee, wages, etc.

Yes you perfectly well can compare him to Beslija, Damour is on a 4 year deal in Hearts absolute top most wage  bracket at this moment in time. He is one of the top earners at the club. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes you perfectly well can compare him to Beslija, Damour is on a 4 year deal in Hearts absolute top most wage  bracket at this moment in time. He is one of the top earners at the club. 

Complete nonsense.

Do you know how much Beslija cost in a transfer fee alone??

Our wage structure is a fraction of what it was back under Romanov.  Damour will not be on close to what the likes of Naismith and Boyce are earning.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

Do you know how much Beslija cost in a transfer fee alone??

Our wage structure is a fraction of what it was back under Romanov.  Damour will not be on close to what the likes of Naismith and Boyce are earning.

Proportionally, in the context of the squad at this moment in time he will be one of our major expensive wages and will be up there with them, absolute certainty. Do you not realise how much money players are on at clubs like Cardiff? More than the old firm pay, substantially more. And he was still in contract at Cardiff, he was a huge signing for Craig Levein after Djoum left and a big waste of money. in fact as a proportion of the overall wage bill he’s probably on a bigger slice of today’s smaller pie than Beslija was on back in peak Vlad money. And it hurts us so much more now because we don’t have a rich owner to go and get someone else in, that’s money direct out the fans pockets 

Shanghai Hearts

Poor poor player, epitomised as he smashed the ball into row z in his first game. His football intelligence and decision making is poor, which makes him look even slower. As others have said, that fits with many other of our current midfielders. We have signed some about of 💩 over the last 5 years...🙈🙈

Can’t really blame him for the situation he’s in.  He’s won the lottery and been handed a long term contract he is never going to get at another club in a million years, folk expect him to walk away from that?  

The best we can hope for is for him to go on loan with us paying about 95% of his ridiculous wage (similar to Berra situation) 

Its our clubs sheer incompetence over the years with regards awful signing that has left us where we are.  Squad full of shite, old, injury prone players on massive wages and long term contracts. 

29 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Point being , he can play . No idea why it mostly hasn't happened . If he is fit surely worth a try at this level ?

I'm all for giving players chances. Washington was crap most of the season then started getting better. Clare was absolutely shite then ended up being one of our best players.

Damour is on top whack wages so you expect him to perform and he should have hit the ground running. He's had 20 appearances for us and done feck all with no signs of improving before he got injured. 

If he's good at this level then fair enough but you have to remember he's with us until 2023.

Who is going to want him? No championship level team will match his wages and he's not good enough for a premiership team to want him.

He's an empty jersey getting Megabucks. If he miraculously becomes our star player then great but who can see that happening?

aberhill jambo
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

He was abysmal 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle constantly loss possession 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed