Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I understand that sometimes players and their agents hold out for longer term deals but I think in the case of Damour would it not have been sensible to give him an initial 1/2 year deal with a clause to lengthen if it suited both parties.

I know he played for Cardiff in their promotion season in the English Championship but he hardly featured after that and had played very little football when we signed him.

I know it could have been a great signing if he had turned out to be a great player for us but he hasn't so far. Who knows maybe if he impresses Robbie in training he might play and do well but I somehow don't think we will see many players in the future signing 4 year deals for us.

Yes but I thought your point was that he had not been tested in Scottish football.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I understand that sometimes players and their agents hold out for longer term deals but I think in the case of Damour would it not have been sensible to give him an initial 1/2 year deal with a clause to lengthen if it suited both parties.

I know he played for Cardiff in their promotion season in the English Championship but he hardly featured after that and had played very little football when we signed him.

I know it could have been a great signing if he had turned out to be a great player for us but he hasn't so far. Who knows maybe if he impresses Robbie in training he might play and do well but I somehow don't think we will see many players in the future signing 4 year deals for us.

he’s a talentless, chicken hearted shitebag

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but I thought your point was that he had not been tested in Scottish football.

That was just one point. The main thing was why give him a four year deal?

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think you’re being far too kind there bud. My description is ten times worse 

Kenneth Dubeke

Part of a side who got promoted to English Premier League and then sat there for the year. He must be our highest earner.  Must be on £5k a week minimum. 

We've had a few disappointments from the lower leagues in England. Would love to get a Sibbick or Dunne type grafter. What's Dunne up to anyone know.....?

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We've had a few disappointments from the lower leagues in England. Would love to get a Sibbick or Dunne type grafter. What's Dunne up to anyone know.....?

Dunne had his contract extended by a year at burnley

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Dunne had his contract extended by a year at burnley

Hope he does well.......👍

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The funny thing is I think he has talent. The chicken hearted shitebag bit I agree with but if he isn’t moved on (which I hope he is) and he’s playing for a transfer we might get something out of him. 

Kenneth Dubeke

After his performance against Hibs on Boxing Day he was lucky to played again. Same goes for Berra. Two of the worst individual performances in a sewer full of excrement 

1 hour ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Part of a side who got promoted to English Premier League and then sat there for the year. He must be our highest earner.  Must be on £5k a week minimum. 

Doesn’t work like that. He was dropped after promotion and if he was wanted in a bigger league he’d be playing in one. No way can you assume he’s our highest earner. 

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

After his performance against Hibs on Boxing Day he was lucky to played again. Same goes for Berra. Two of the worst individual performances in a sewer full of excrement 

You can’t talk about Boxing Day and not mention perreira.. a pass that travelled 60 yards in the air and landed in the penalty spot 🤦‍♂️ One of the worst bits of attempted goalkeeping I’ve ever seen

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

That was just one point. The main thing was why give him a four year deal?

It is sometimes difficult to forecast how a signing will work out but if we had given him a 1 year contract and he had turned to be a diamond, you would have been decrying the club for not giving him  a long contract.

If he had had experience of Scottish football he could have got a 4 year contract.  Right?

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doesn’t work like that. He was dropped after promotion and if he was wanted in a bigger league he’d be playing in one. No way can you assume he’s our highest earner. 

He was part of a squad that won promotion to EPL. A club who've moved between PL and Championship over past few years. He would've been on very good money down there. Have you seen the average wage of a Championship player? 

I have no intimate knowledge of his contract, but I'd hazard a fairly educated guess and say he is on very good money indeed. If he isn't our highest earner I'd safely say he's in top 3 

He was under contract until this summer at Cardiff. They may have sweetened his departure, who knows. You can safely say that we Hearts sign a player from Cardiff City, we are paying the player very good money indeed.

He has been a dreadful signing 

58 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

You've come back with a bang, Spenny boy!

1 minute ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

He was part of a squad that won promotion to EPL. A club who've moved between PL and Championship over past few years. He would've been on very good money down there. Have you seen the average wage of a Championship player? 

I have no intimate knowledge of his contract, but I'd hazard a fairly educated guess and say he is on very good money indeed. If he isn't our highest earner I'd safely say he's in top 3 

He was under contract until this summer at Cardiff. They may have sweetened his departure, who knows. You can safely say that we Hearts sign a player from Cardiff City, we are paying the player very good money indeed.

He has been a dreadful signing 

All I said was,  the logic you used to decide he was our top earner was flawed. 

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All I said was,  the logic you used to decide he was our top earner was flawed. 

Ok 👍

4 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Damour and Perreira cost us so many goals last year that we would probably been mid table if they hadn’t played.

I genuinely look at Pereira as the player who got us relegated. Cost us at least 10 points through abysmal goalkeeping.

There were no complaints about his showing in the 3-1 derby victory

He us simply put not as bad as many are making out

Not a true success with us so far but not the dud many claim..however his agent will be working hard to move him on no doubt and likely to be gone by early September

Expectations were too high and hence the 'fall' from those seems greater

alwaysthereinspirit
11 hours ago, Sertse said:

Are we ever going to get rid of this hanger oner? Absolutely pitiful Levein signing taking up a big chunk of the wage budget.

I worry that because he has it so good here he'll just run his ridiculous contract out.

Remind me again what his ridiculous contract is. I forget. Other than the length.

TyphoonJambo
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There were no complaints about his showing in the 3-1 derby victory

He us simply put not as bad as many are making out

Not a true success with us so far but not the dud many claim..however his agent will be working hard to move him on no doubt and likely to be gone by early September

Expectations were too high and hence the 'fall' from those seems greater

The effort, or rather the lack off it, in the St Mirren game says it all for me. Sold the jumpers for their goal and walked off not bothered a shit when subbed. GTF

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It is sometimes difficult to forecast how a signing will work out but if we had given him a 1 year contract and he had turned to be a diamond, you would have been decrying the club for not giving him  a long contract.

If he had had experience of Scottish football he could have got a 4 year contract.  Right?

I think you are being a bit unkind here Al. You are makng assumptions on how I would have reacted to a situation that so far has not arison. To date the guy is a flop and I have given him a chance to show what he might have in his locker and to prove it to Robbie for the coming season.

Who knows what the guy might do, he could turn out to be  a real diamond but I still have my doubts unfortunately.

If we had just given him a one year contract and he turned out to be a diamond then we may not have been relegated or expelled but he didn' t did he Al?

I doubt as I said previously that any footballers now will be getting four year deals no matter how good they are outwith the top leagues in world football.

So wrong.

Edited by wavydavy

I think you are being a bit unkind here Al. You are makng assumptions on how I would have reacted to a situation that so far has not arison. To date the guy is a flop and I have given him a chance to show what he might have in his locker and to prove it to Robbie for the coming season.

I agree that to date he is a flop but that is with the advantage of hindsight.  Any idiot can be wise with hindsight.

Who knows what the guy might do, he could turn out to be  a real diamond but I still have my doubts unfortunately.

I have my doubts as well but we are only guessing based on the last season's performance.

If we had just given him a one year contract and he turned out to be a diamond then we may not have been relegated or expelled but he didn' t did he Al?

If he had turned out to be a diamond we needn't have had to use your negative hindsight.

I doubt as I said previously that any footballers now will be getting four year deals no matter how good they are outwith the top leagues in world football.

Would you give Hickey a 4 year deal?

So wrong.

Your last comment is highly subjective and tells me you would not give Hickey a 4 year deal.  I would.

You see.....for me, I don't know if Loic Damour is a decent player or not. He came with a decent pedigree and he could've been good. Unfortunately under Levein's stewardship/coaching, he has fallen into the same "fail" category as many have before him. We may actually never know if he's got what it takes or not and he'll be categorised as yet another failure or money-grabber without being given an extended run in the team to prove himself worthy. It's the Hearts way, and has been for a few years now. But, now that Levein is out the picture we have no option other than to hope that things will improve. I'm a bit wary personally. My fingers have been burnt far too often recently and it's goin to take something significant to change the mindset on our signings.

I think he struggled with the pace of the Scottish game. He did play well in the last derby win. Doubt he would want to play in the Scottish championship 

6 hours ago, jambonian said:

You see.....for me, I don't know if Loic Damour is a decent player or not. He came with a decent pedigree and he could've been good. Unfortunately under Levein's stewardship/coaching, he has fallen into the same "fail" category as many have before him. We may actually never know if he's got what it takes or not and he'll be categorised as yet another failure or money-grabber without being given an extended run in the team to prove himself worthy. It's the Hearts way, and has been for a few years now. But, now that Levein is out the picture we have no option other than to hope that things will improve. I'm a bit wary personally. My fingers have been burnt far too often recently and it's goin to take something significant to change the mindset on our signings.

I keep hearing this, i keep seeing folk assume because he was at Cardiff that he was a good player and has played at a decent level.

Its simply not true, look at his clubs before Cardiff and it will astonish you how he ever got to that level in the first place.

Loic Damour bounced around the the 2nd and 3rd tier of French and Belgian football before he had 1 decent season at Cardiff.

He is a bang average footballer, a French journeyman who has less pedigree than Malaury f###ing Martin

Leveins Battalion

Damour has shown nothing to suggest he can even perform at Championship level.Technically he is woefull,his first touch is a disgrace for a professional. He is weak,slow and ponderous in possession. 

Makes Adrian Mrociec look like Pirlo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

I keep hearing this, i keep seeing folk assume because he was at Cardiff that he was a good player and has played at a decent level.

Its simply not true, look at his clubs before Cardiff and it will astonish you how he ever got to that level in the first place.

Loic Damour bounced around the the 2nd and 3rd tier of French and Belgian football before he had 1 decent season at Cardiff.

He is a bang average footballer, a French journeyman who has less pedigree than Malaury f###ing Martin

Getting promoted from the Championship and a regular,  remembering who his manager was, he must have been doing well. 

Perhaps needs a particular approach to get best out of him. 

However,  fed up waiting for players to show up and we should ship on literally anyone Neilson is uncertain of 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Getting promoted from the Championship and a regular,  remembering who his manager was, he must have been doing well. 

However,  fed up waiting for players to show up and we should ship on literally anyone Neilson is uncertain of 

One good season in a career of lower league anonymity, he was a ghost in our midfield last year, i never want to see this heartless fraud in a Hearts shirt again 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The last sentence sums it up for me. All over the board people have varying opinions on Berra, Damour, Lee etc etc but Robbie knows how to win the championship. Don’t like Damour and would like rid of several others but the boss will sort the mess out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The last sentence sums it up for me. All over the board people have varying opinions on Berra, Damour, Lee etc etc but Robbie knows how to win the championship. Don’t like Damour and would like rid of several others but the boss will sort the mess out. 

I'm very much of the opinion,  forget the Championship. 

Look upon it as a blessing. Silver lining, we actually now have a real opportunity. 

To mould a team,  in the comfort of knowing we can make quite a few mistakes and still win it, such is the paucity of opposition. 

This team needs to be hitting the ground running August 21, anyone not likely to be part in 12 months should really be a bit part this season,  if you can call it a season 

17 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The funny thing is I think he has talent. The chicken hearted shitebag bit I agree with but if he isn’t moved on (which I hope he is) and he’s playing for a transfer we might get something out of him. 

Does he?

Slow as a tortoise stuck in peanut butter, dallies on the ball.

And unlike Lee who is similar in that respect. I can imagine Lee pinging a pass or striking a shot. Same cant be said of damour.

Seems he got away with being 'the water carrier' at cardiff but he doesnt have the tenacity or endeavor to do that role up here.

The idea that Damour was a regular for Cardiff when they got promoted is a myth. He started 18 out of 46 league games, only started 4 after the turn of the year and featured in only 1 of their last 9 games (in which he was hooked at half time).

He's a dud.

Edited by DC_92

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Your last comment is highly subjective and tells me you would not give Hickey a 4 year deal.  I would.

Yes I would give Hickey a four year deal because I have seen what he can do in the SPFL and he is only just turned 18. The shame is that will not be happening.

Do you think many clubs will be signing players from the English leagues on four year deals? whic was what my point was about in reference to Damour.

Damour said in a recent interview he would think long and hard before making a decision about whether he will move on. He knows he is on a good thing in other words.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, cb1874 said:

I'll keep it simple...get him to ****

He wants away, we want him away.

If he wants away he'll be away.

38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yes I would give Hickey a four year deal because I have seen what he can do in the SPFL and he is only just turned 18. The shame is that will not be happening.

Do you think many clubs will be signing players from the English leagues on four year deals? whic was what my point was about in reference to Damour.

Damour said in a recent interview he would think long and hard before making a decision about whether he will move on. He knows he is on a good thing in other words.

Another Oshinawa. 

If he is here for the start on the season and Robbie picks him we all get behind him end of.

Granted he is not the quickest (fancy I could beat him in a race) but if he cuts out trying to hold off players just outside our penalty area and looks interested he should be great in the championship (see Pallardo for example)

chester copperpot

People slating him for not terminating a contract.

Tell you what, I will just claim unemployment benefit and let my mortgage default so I can keep people at my work happy!

Not his fault Levein gave him a 4yr deal. 

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

He couldn't have been that bad if he was part of their Championship promotion team. A few of the top Championship teams would easily compete in our top league no problem. Someone must've saw something in him to bring him from lower leagues in Europe. Some players need that chance just the same as Haring did when he arrived from lower euro leagues. Scottish football isn't that great, probably on a par with some of those leagues in fact.

I am not saying he is a good footballer, far from it, I am saying I've not seen enough of him to judge him one way or the other. Our training under the Levein stewardship was pretty poor and tactics were questionable. Suitable for some maybe but not for others, even Lee questioned tactics which is why he was told to leave. Maybe the new coaching team can get the best out of, not just him but some others who play and train like they're on their jollies. However if he's shit, he's shit. Only one way to find out.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
On 07/08/2020 at 07:36, Sertse said:

Are we ever going to get rid of this hanger oner? Absolutely pitiful Levein signing taking up a big chunk of the wage budget.

I worry that because he has it so good here he'll just run his ridiculous contract out.

And so he should. 

That’s not Damours problem I’m afraid.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
21 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

People slating him for not terminating a contract.

Tell you what, I will just claim unemployment benefit and let my mortgage default so I can keep people at my work happy!

Not his fault Levein gave him a 4yr deal. 

Some on here are genuinely baffling.

That wasn't your point at all.  You said

As regards signing players from ANYWHERE we should judge each case on its merits as they appear at the time and not be clever looking back when the player succeeds or fails.

29 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

If he is here for the start on the season and Robbie picks him we all get behind him end of.

Granted he is not the quickest (fancy I could beat him in a race) but if he cuts out trying to hold off players just outside our penalty area and looks interested he should be great in the championship (see Pallardo for example)

If he plays and we win games all this will go away. We are a fickle bunch. 

jambogirlglasgow

Can’t stand the guy. In the youtube video of his “highlights” when he was signed you could see immediately that he’s rash in the tackle. But by the time he started playing for us he was so lazy that he was never getting himself into position to tackle from the correct angle. The inevitable result- constantly gave away fouls, always looked as it he was going to get sent off and/ or give away penalties. If I could see that then God knows how those in the game couldn’t. A disgrace of a footballer. Turns my stomach seeing him in the famous jersey. 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That wasn't your point at all.  You said

As regards signing players from ANYWHERE we should judge each case on its merits as they appear at the time and not be clever looking back when the player succeeds or fails.

I think common sense should prevail as well and awarding a four year contract to a player such as Damour was a big gamble. Forget about hindsight that deal just didn't make sense.

But it is just my opinion which differs to yours. Thankfully we are not the ones handing out the contracts.

Bunny Munro

He got. 4 year deal for the same reason Martin did, and Sammon got a 3 year deal. Their wages were too high.

I don't know the exact numbers, but for example if we wanted him on a 2 year deal he wanted £8k a week, for 4 years that drops to £5k. Etc.

Players negotiate security for wages.

56 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think common sense should prevail as well and awarding a four year contract to a player such as Damour was a big gamble. Forget about hindsight that deal just didn't make sense.

But it is just my opinion which differs to yours. Thankfully we are not the ones handing out the contracts.

I agree and think hindsight shouldn't prevail!

Every player is a gamble and I agree Damour has been a failure

BUT

If he'd been an outstanding success on a 2 year deal and let it run out, you'd be on here screaming that we should have had him on a longer contract  -  with hindsight.

Another one who came with a good pedigree and got the fans excited. 

I can't believe his lack of fight and desire, totally unprofessional and should be nowhere near the club come the start of the season. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed