Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed

Sertse

55 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Proportionally, in the context of the squad at this moment in time he will be one of our major expensive wages and will be up there with them, absolute certainty. Do you not realise how much money players are on at clubs like Cardiff? More than the old firm pay, substantially more. And he was still in contract at Cardiff, he was a huge signing for Craig Levein after Djoum left and a big waste of money. in fact as a proportion of the overall wage bill he’s probably on a bigger slice of today’s smaller pie than Beslija was on back in peak Vlad money. And it hurts us so much more now because we don’t have a rich owner to go and get someone else in, that’s money direct out the fans pockets 

You are trying to change what you said by now try to compare proportionally.  Djoum leaving isn't Damour's concern as they aren't very similar.  Also Djoum was very poor in his last year here.

The fact is Beslija cost £850k, which was and probably still is our record signing.  God knows what we paid in wages on top.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Sertse

• Last Laff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SomethingAboutObua

Don't think he'd be seen as such an awful signing if he wasn't on such a ridiculous contract. Did the higher ups at the time really expect some sort of decent transfer fee for a player who would be 29/30/31 when moving on? Shocking decision making

12 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Don't think he'd be seen as such an awful signing if he wasn't on such a ridiculous contract. Did the higher ups at the time really expect some sort of decent transfer fee for a player who would be 29/30/31 when moving on? Shocking decision making

I doubt it. They probably thought he would be the mainstay of our midfield until 2023. 

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Ffs I thought this was going to fe about him leaving. 

So did I. 😏

What is the story with this guy. 

He is like the invisible man. 

Gorgie Boot boy

He has been back training with John Souttar for the last 10 days or so, seemingly recovered from ankle / heels issues.

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

So did I. 😏

What is the story with this guy. 

He is like the invisible man. 

Milking the absolute feck out of an injury I believe

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/loic-damour-hearts-injury-boost-19405561

Few weeks until he's back apparently but I'm unsure if he'll be good enough to play at this level based on the skill and commitment he's shown so far

I posted a dew days ago on another thread that he is coming soon, he has a lot of niggles to deal with as well as his personal life.

He returned to France during the main Lockdown earlier this year, then he returned to Scotland and back into recovering healing etc.

Took a lot of injections to train never mind play, this time around he is back in with the lads smiling enjoying life.

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say we give him another chance. If Robbie can get him motivated he could cruise this league.

If he lacks drive and commitment when he gets his chance get rid but i think the quality will be in there, Robbie needs to get it out.

Seem to recall him having a half decent game against the Losers, although i might be wrong.

WoolfordsHearts

Watching him in Bozanic's goal scoring celebrations against the vermin has gave me a wee soft spot for him.

He needs to get fit and prove he's the player we hope he can be.

14 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I posted a dew days ago on another thread that he is coming soon, he has a lot of niggles to deal with as well as his personal life.

He returned to France during the main Lockdown earlier this year, then he returned to Scotland and back into recovering healing etc.

Took a lot of injections to train never mind play, this time around he is back in with the lads smiling enjoying life.

Back with the lads? 

He's probably playing Playstation with Malaury Martin. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Back with the lads? 

He's probably playing Playstation with Malaury Martin. 

Or trying to earn his way into a winning side ?

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Like Frear and Roberts did?

No idea why you are bringing them up for, i already commented on their thread.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No idea why you are bringing them up for, i already commented on their thread.

Best leave it there then. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Best leave it there then. 

Feel free to ask me on that thread though.

WheatfieldWarrior

I hope he can get fit and kick on.

I don't think I've seen him have a good game yet.  He's been injured / unfit since he arrived.

I think someone must have lifted him over the turnstile at his medical.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't think I've seen him have a good game yet.  He's been injured / unfit since he arrived.

Kicked in the heel in his first league game for us against Dross County, had two good games for us.

Still to play 20 games.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don’t think it took much to pass a medical back then, look at the crocks that have done so in the last few years. A bit like dodgy MoTs. 

Pasquale for King

I think it would be better to keep him away from the bench or the team unless absolutely necessary, he needs to realise he’s not wanted and to get himself another club. It’s one thing CL was good at. 

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has a chance if he gets fit and wants it. Certainly more than capable. 

No idea how many times can say the lad has had a lot many set backs, on and off the pitch. Spent a lot of time on his own due to restrictions.

Damn it , another who will make some people eat their words

WheatfieldWarrior
36 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Kicked in the heel in his first league game for us against Dross County, had two good games for us.

Still to play 20 games.

I don't remember the incident, sounds like Ross County's MO though.

WheatfieldWarrior
38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think it took much to pass a medical back then, look at the crocks that have done so in the last few years. A bit like dodgy MoTs. 

yep, I think Levein popped his head round the door and counted their legs.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I don't remember the incident, sounds like Ross County's MO though.

I remember it as the game was total shite, some things never change. Looked innocuous unintended type of challenge, or he realized how shite we were and decided to feign it for over a year.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't even need him. Get rid and make McGill or Cochrane CM backup.

Someone asked how he is, that is the situation up until recently.

No idea if we need him,

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

yep, I think Levein popped his head round the door and counted their legs.

Without his specs on 😣

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't see Robbie doing much to develop youngsters for the foreseeable future - not until we can't be caught mathematically, then he might give them some game time. Their best bet for game time is to go out on loan tbh.

Like a few of our players, Damour was coming on to a game at the end of last season, good vs Rangers in the cup (except the handball that could have seen him sent off), good vs Hibs away, and did fine vs Motherwell the week after. 

Was dreadful against saints in that game but who wasn't.

I like to be positive but I'm critical of Hearts communications.  Why can't we know what's up with Djoum? Why can't we know who's got covid?  Why can't we get regular injury updates?

Ainsley Harriott
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I like to be positive but I'm critical of Hearts communications.  Why can't we know what's up with Djoum? Why can't we know who's got covid?  Why can't we get regular injury updates?

Up with Djoum? 

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Up with Djoum? 

I was randomly thinking how much I would love him in this team last might. He was great at getting a ball and making space or turning a player. 

Damour was getting some good reports in preseason IIRC. I’ll give him a second chance. 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would go as far to say as Cochrane has gone backwards so much he’s now worse than Damour.

McGill has got something about him. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He has a chance if he gets fit and wants it. Certainly more than capable. 

I like him and definitely think he has got something about it. He really should have been a midfield first pick but what an utter waste of money so far though. No idea why he has played so bad, it wasn’t all injuries. 

If we cant empty him then we might as well try to get our money's worth. 

If Lockdown has made him realise how crap it is wasting your life doing nothing, maybe he will be motivated to try to resurrect his ailing career.

A new manager usually means a clean slate so he gets a final chance to show what he can do. 

If he doesn't take it then he can suffer the consequences of being frozen out for the remainder of his contract and being very unlikely to get a decent deal anywhere at the end of it. His choice.

Everyone deserves a new chance under a new manager.

We are winning. Which is what I wanted, next step is better quality of football. And that often comes from strong competition for places and being dropped when you don't perform. We have too much filler and too little genuine competition.

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Worth considering instead of Irving. 

Wait this cant go without comment.

Irving is probably, alongside Haring, the only one who passes a ball forward and while he made a mistake for the Arbroath goal he is so far ahead of Damour its not even a debate.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Wait this cant go without comment.

Irving is probably, alongside Haring, the only one who passes a ball forward and while he made a mistake for the Arbroath goal he is so far ahead of Damour its not even a debate.

Who is his competition for a place?

I don't think Irving is complacent. And the overall set up and tactics of the side need to be considered. But I didn't realise he was playing last night till just before half time. 

He's just a young player with potential at the moment. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Loic Damour - season long loan to Le Mans confirmed