Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He could just be taking into consideration that Douglas Ross is a total cock. 

:lol:

19 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Tories will try anything to win votes in Scotland. Won't work of course 😆

Indeed. Most Scots are canny enough to see right through the ****ing elitist charlatans.

18 hours ago, DMR123 said:

Not naive - I believe that he is well intentioned. And why shouldn’t the SNP be challenged - every Government should be held to account.

You challenge something if you think it is wrong. You don't just glibly choose to challenge something, because you believe something must be challenged.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Wtf is Ross’ role in this though? What clout does he have? If you’re asking me, he’s fishing for votes further down the line.

You do know he is the leader of the conservative party in Scotland ? so I'd suggest its very much something for him to be interested in given football is of interest to hundreds of thousands of people .

Re clout well he can speak to the Prime Minister for a start and god do you really think posters are not aware politicians have an agenda in most things they say or do

He can also genuinely claim to be interested in Scottish football given his part time occupation and will be running the line this week at Wembley so you can hardly tell us he has suddenly found football to his liking.....funny enough there are quite a few conservatives who do

Of course if you think the blessed Nicola and her 'husband' (a man who is trying to cover up his role which of course his wife had no knowledge of re the Salmond affair ) are just so good they should not be questioned at all then there is little to say ....there were not many moaning when Ian Murray gave us his full support so why not Ross in terms of Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You do know he is the leader of the conservative party in Scotland ? so I'd suggest its very much something for him to be interested in given football is of interest to hundreds of thousands of people .

Re clout well he can speak to the Prime Minister for a start and god do you really think posters are not aware politicians have an agenda in most things they say or do

He can also genuinely claim to be interested in Scottish football given his part time occupation and will be running the line this week at Wembley so you can hardly tell us he has suddenly found football to his liking.....funny enough there are quite a few conservatives who do

Of course if you think the blessed Nicola and her 'husband' (a man who is trying to cover up his role which of course his wife had no knowledge of re the Salmond affair ) are just so good they should not be questioned at all then there is little to say ....there were not many moaning when Ian Murray gave us his full support so why not Ross in terms of Scottish football.

I'm not sure he would get past Cummings on his way to talk to Whiff-whaff after his resignation a few months back.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

As an unashamed Tory,  I had no qualms about Ian Murray using his position as an MP to put on another hat and help Hearts through the crisis’s we have been in.  I have no qualms about Ross who has another hat and cares about the game as a whole.

My qualms are as a taxpayer I don’t want one penny to go to any of the 42 clubs.  Money gets pumped in, money gets spent faster than Usain Bolt being chased by a gang of skinheads.  The responsibility of the 42 clubs is the sole problem of the clubs, their owners, shareholders and fans.  They all have the right to shore up their own business that in the great scheme of things is better off than the leisure, tourism or travel industries.

Football is one vote away from distributing TV money and sponsorship equally out to all 42 clubs.  Myself as a shareholder and FoH member it’s my decision to continue to put whatever cash I can afford into keeping Hearts afloat and once we come out of this be stronger than everybody else.

Ross is doing what the SPFL and the SFA should be doing to warrant their salaries, getting the football community to support those most in need and worthy of that support based on FFP and to help with the grass roots.

If football had rallied around everybody and first and foremost did NO harm, then we could all do our bit to help each other.  Doncaster is on £400k per year yet not one penny of that has came up with a strategy to help the game.  James Anderson  put in enough money to buy clubs this amount of time, and that time has been wasted.  The money James Anderson has put in would not cover the salaries of the top SPFL/SFA decision makers.  Perhaps the top execs could forfeit their salaries and bonuses and use that money to help?

This message to fans and chairmen of those clubs to who are on deaths door and will die!  What did you do to solicit your chairmen to push for fairness at the start of all of this?  We all hate the current structure we could have used fan power to push through reconstruction.  Chairmen in the Championship salivating at the thought of thousands of Hearts fans calling, oh dear what a shame the proposed boycott was not a threat and thankfully the Government has ensured that any supporter wavering at that.  Well No Fans at all is just Karma!  You stood back and let Doncaster thrive and Peter won’t save you with a rousing speech that led your clubs over the river Styx in a sieve canoe.

I would have helped you at your time of need, but I think I will take up the fiddle while Rome burns.

Post of the day, Hagar.  Correct on all points.     

As you say, Ross is trying to take up the case for government help    ( probably with his linesman and political ego hats on too) having seen the unfocused begging nonsense from the SPFL.  Folk slagging him just because he's a Tory should have a wee word with themselves.  At least wait till he makes an erse of himself - but so far he's not done anything wrong that I can see. 

The clubs with wee crowds whose only dream is to get a cup tie against the OF have a day of reckoning coming -   organise your own community & fans  to help you out financially .... or get your directors to dig into their own pockets. The choice is yours.

With targeted restrictions on their way tomorrow, it would be absurd if the SG agree to any kind of financial support without sensible strings * attached at this time. If they just end up giving a shed load of money to the SPFL, we should all lobby our MSP to complain as taxpayers.  I certainly will be doing that.

* one example would be to insist that clubs make NO-ONE redundant from now till the end of season 2021-22.

Edited by Lone Striker

Just a reminder that the Government is paying £1000 for every furloughed employee still in job at end of January.

That will be a big help to lower league clubs. 

Robbo is saying players (not in Covid testing bubbles) are being treated like cattle due to not being able to shower at stadium and need to go home.

Out of interest how does this impact us?

Assuming ICT are not, and we are testing. 

Are we allowed to shower at non bubble testing stadia?  i.e we can shower in Inverness but they can't, or is it we are not allowed to either?

And if game at Tynie with 2 complete sets of UEFA standard dressing rooms (i.e 4) our players can shower but Inverness players have to jump in cars to go home to shower.  Or is it ICT can shower at Tynecastle.

Or is it if one team isn't being tested, then neither team can use showering facilities in any stadia?

I get Robbo's point and there has to be some way around.  An individual showers  deep clean, next, repeat...but how feasible.

(Could of course book 20 hotel single rooms)

But goes back to what we keep saying.  This really was a full season for cans, partials regionalised and cannots.

Edited by DETTY29

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am no fan of Sturgeon but she is the last person who will be buckling under pressure from the likes of Doncaster.

spot on. Also if she were to start chucking tax £ to Scottish football it’s a sure fire vote own goal.  We had a discussion at work about it and not one person out of the 12 back it and indeed some said they would actually likely not vote SNP again.  It would be a terrible decision and if (as feared) there is more heavy restrictions based on hospitality industry tomorrow then I’d say there’s no chance she’s chucking money at football. 
businesses are likely going to be folding left right and centre and are far more deserving of cash than (especially the top division) Scottish football. 

3 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

:lol:

Indeed. Most Scots are canny enough to see right through the ****ing elitist charlatans.

You challenge something if you think it is wrong. You don't just glibly choose to challenge something, because you believe something must be challenged.

Not glibly choosing to do anything. The Scottish Government do need challenged as they are getting a lot of things wrong. So are the UK Government. Doesn’t mean to say they are not trying their best.

There are a lot of Hearts supporters who are no fans of the SNP, probably a majority,  and many of them Conservatives, so your cheap shots are divisive.

It would be great if the govt split £20m between the non top division clubs.  Brilliant in fact.  St M, Hamilton etc all crybaby.

On 02/10/2020 at 15:16, Beast Boy said:

I'm genuinely not tyrying to be wide here Mikey, but I still dont understand what you are saying. Might just be me.

What I said was if a club not testing has a positive test, the game will be off. What just happened Dundee v Forfar. 

A player tests positive at a testing club the game will go on. What has generally happened so far. (Kilmarnock situation to be confirmed).

So we could have countless postponements in the Championship. 

Ian Maxwell and Fitzpatrick putting Uri Gellar to shame . (From BBC). obviously they are some sort of psychics  on the eve of more damning restrictions to be announced the timing is impeccable - not. The rats will not be needing government money then.

—————————————-

Fans in Scotland are expected to return to sports stadiums "much sooner" than in six months' time, says Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

On Monday, Scotland's sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick met Maxwell to address the financial impact of coronavirus.

A phased return of spectators is on hold, with the UK government warning restrictions could last until April.

Maxwell says Fitzpatrick assured him the Scottish government is "not working to that timescale".

The SFA chief added: "He was clear on that. He sees potentially something happening much sooner.

"It's obviously dependent on the prevalence of the virus decreasing. He is going to come back to us with what that actually looks like, because we need to know what those numbers need to get to before we can allow that just to give everyone clarity."

Maxwell is confident professional football in Scotland will be allowed to continue even if there is a further tightening of current restrictions.

And he made the case to Fitzpatrick for Scottish football being "at the front of the queue" for financial support.

"The sports minister outlined that he's been in detailed conversations with his UK counterpart around a funding package for sport and under that there will be a Barnet Consequential that comes up to Scotland," Maxwell added.

"We were obviously making the case for that money to be diverted into Scottish football to help safeguard the future of the member clubs."

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ian Maxwell and Fitzpatrick putting Uri Gellar to shame . (From BBC). obviously they are some sort of psychics  on the eve of more damning restrictions to be announced the timing is impeccable - not. The rats will not be needing government money then.

—————————————-

Fans in Scotland are expected to return to sports stadiums "much sooner" than in six months' time, says Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

On Monday, Scotland's sports minister Joe Fitzpatrick met Maxwell to address the financial impact of coronavirus.

A phased return of spectators is on hold, with the UK government warning restrictions could last until April.

Maxwell says Fitzpatrick assured him the Scottish government is "not working to that timescale".

The SFA chief added: "He was clear on that. He sees potentially something happening much sooner.

"It's obviously dependent on the prevalence of the virus decreasing. He is going to come back to us with what that actually looks like, because we need to know what those numbers need to get to before we can allow that just to give everyone clarity."

Maxwell is confident professional football in Scotland will be allowed to continue even if there is a further tightening of current restrictions.

And he made the case to Fitzpatrick for Scottish football being "at the front of the queue" for financial support.

"The sports minister outlined that he's been in detailed conversations with his UK counterpart around a funding package for sport and under that there will be a Barnet Consequential that comes up to Scotland," Maxwell added.

"We were obviously making the case for that money to be diverted into Scottish football to help safeguard the future of the member clubs."

Sounds like Maxwell bought the spin. 

16 minutes ago, topsport said:

Well this will be interesting now

from above link ......”Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard has tested positive for coronavirus and is now self-isolating, according to the French Football Federation.

Edouard, 22, is with the France Under-21 squad for Euro qualifiers against Liechtenstein and Slovakia.

But he will not play in either match, with the FFF saying he was tested on Tuesday morning and the positive result discovered after training.

Edouard started Celtic's 2-0 league win at St Johnstone on Sunday.

More to follow.”

Edited by 1971fozzy

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, 2205ian said:

Now what's the protocol??

14 day quarantine for Celtic 1st Team Squad!!!!

Peter will be phoning Nicola to add The Rangers game to her list of added restrictions to be announced :biggrin:

10 days for him. If Celtic have used their GPS tracking they should be able to identify anyone in close contact with him. They would have to isolate for 14 days. 

If they don't have such information then Test and Protect could put the whole squad into a 14 day isolation and we would end up with a Kilmarnock situation. 

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Well this will be interesting now

Indeed it will 

6 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Now what's the protocol??

14 day quarantine for Celtic 1st Team Squad!!!!

Peter will be phoning Nicola to add The Rangers game to her list of added restrictions to be announced :biggrin:

Will be interesting to see how things pan out now it’s directly in relation to one of the OF

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

10 days for him. If Celtic have used their GPS tracking they should be able to identify anyone in close contact with him. They would have to isolate for 14 days. 

If they don't have such information then Test and Protect could put the whole squad into a 14 day isolation and we would end up with a Kilmarnock situation. 

they play the huns on the 17th which is 12 days away. 
this could be very interesting indeed.  All about to unravel I feel 👍

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The good news is that he played on Sunday, got subbed, hope he went into the dugout when he went off & accepted everyone's handshakes for playing so well.

The next few days should be fun!

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

:verysmug:

16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I hope Der Hun fire off a missive seeking ‘clarification’ prior to the game. 

Interesting interview with Maxwell on Sportsound and how it went on Monday with Joe Fitzpatrick.

Confident that football will survive full season BCD and of government support, but out of SG share of the WM support sports and arts pot.

But, if football wants fans in then JF told them to come back with propoals.  Maxwell said that the JRG responded along lines of  ' no it's up to you to tell us'

Think we may have identified progress but the robust and tense discussion point.

Edited by DETTY29

John Findlay

Eduardo getting Covid just maybe the excuse they are looking for to get the game called off, seeing as no supporters will be allowed in.

Does leave the tricky situation with Sky though as it was due to be shown live by them.

Let's see how the rules are circumnavigated/bent for this one.

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Oh dear.  Wonder what will happen if the Celtic squad need to isolate?

3-0 Rangers I guess?

No chance they are itching to postpone the game

Niemi’s gloves
13 minutes ago, The Roller said:

How will this affect HMFC, if correct?

EE19ED26-970D-45B0-9C6A-9E6D7E571DCA.jpeg

If genuine, on the face of it not bad news for Scottish football or Hearts. A ban on travel would cause more issues. The fact that “professional”  sports are apparently exempted not “elite professional” sports seems to rule out the SFA/SPFL trying to use to say premier league only can go ahead. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

4 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Oh dear.  Wonder what will happen if the Celtic squad need to isolate?

3-0 Rangers I guess?

If the Rangers squad end up having to isolate too, would it be a 3-3 or a 0-0?

Israel defender Louis Taha has tested positive for Covd-19 and has been isolated from his team-mates before their meeting with Scotland at Hampden on Thursday.

Could easily develope into a mess before Thursday with several others testing positive.  

Abiola Dauda
2 hours ago, The Roller said:

How will this affect HMFC, if correct?

EE19ED26-970D-45B0-9C6A-9E6D7E571DCA.jpeg

I hope "professional sports" includes semi pro teams

12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Interesting interview with Maxwell on Sportsound and how it went on Monday with Joe Fitzpatrick.

Confident that football will survive full season BCD and of government support, but out of SG share of the WM support sports and arts pot.

But, if football wants fans in then JF told them to come back with propoals.  Maxwell said that the JRG responded along lines of  ' no it's up to you to tell us'

Think we may have identified progress but the robust and tense discussion point.

Sorry, the JRG asked the government to put forward a proposal?

The brass neck on these chancers. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sorry, the JRG asked the government to put forward a proposal?

The brass neck on these chancers. 

They can't be arsed doing anything.

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So that's a definite 2 weeks for Christie :lol:  No question to the SG about that one. 

A lot of people were saying the other day Celtic should not have sold Jack Aitchison. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of people were saying the other day Celtic should not have sold Jack Aitchison. 

I am sure they've got plenty players that can step in.   

Footballfirst

Contact sports for adults  to be suspended in the five most affected health board areas, with the exception of professional sports.

Is professional sport (football) limited to the Premiership, the whole of the SPFL or extend to the semi professional game including pyramid and junior clubs? 

It would be ironic in the extreme if the only league that is allowed to continue is the one with the most cases.

Edited by Footballfirst