• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

part_time_jambo
4 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

First time in years I’ve looked the SPL table and seen Scotland’s top six clubs in the top 6. 

Dundee United? Not for a long time.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was it not on penalties so technically a draw

Well, I guess it's good to get an insight into your knowledge of Hearts/ Hibs. 

Like how England technically (whatever that's supposed to mean) drew the Euros final v Italy?

Well in that case we are joint winners of the Scottish cup! 🎉 

We’ll take it Monday to Wednesday and alternate Sundays 🏆 🏆 🏆 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more pitch invasions for last minute winners imo.

I agree. 

Bazzas right boot

Naw, it was et. 

So it was a win, aet. 

2 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Lads had a shocker today. Expect an imminent name change. Innerjambo 🤣🤣🤣 

I liked the we will need to play and be better to compete wi the big teams. Last sat doesnt count obvs

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, sadj said:

4 more great quality players to compete with Hibs? 👀 emmm say what?

What positions? 

who from Hibs team walks in to our team

I tell you what I would like to see from Ginnelly is him taking on and running at players the way Boyle does.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I tell you what I would like to see from Ginnelly is him taking on and running at players the way Boyle does.

Boyle disnae walk though tbf. 

I was a bit confused at we need 4 players to compete wi teams at the top of the table too St Mirren at home won’t be slouches this year and Celtic going by innerjambos logic are bottom half at best 🤷🏻‍♂️

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

he’s done that on at least half a dozen occasions in the first 2 league games 

spirt of 98
8 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Dundee United? Not for a long time.

Dundee U have always been a big club. Just a sleeping giant in recent years. 

for me the top clubs are in order 

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts 
Aberdeen

Hobos

Dundee Untd 

Dundee

Motherwell

Really gash teams 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts 
Aberdeen

Hobos

Dundee Untd 

Dundee

Motherwell

Really gash teams 

And Aberdeen & D Utd being in that list is only really since the 80s - you could argue that the likes of Dunfermline and Kilmarnock would've maybe been there before that. 

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s done that on at least half a dozen occasions in the first 2 league games 

How many times has he passed sideways and backwards? were you counting those.?

A guy with his pace and trickery should be trying to go round the defenders just about every time he gets the ball and either putting crosses in or having shots at goal.

I know it is early days in the season but I have been disappointed with his attacking contribution so far.

Hopefully he will be fitter. stronger and show us what he can do. 

The Old Tolbooth

I watched the Livingston v Aberdeen game yesterday, and I was expecting a lot more from the sheep, they were seriously lucky to get the win as Livvy were by far the better team, I saw nothing from Aberdeen to worry me for sure. 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I watched the Livingston v Aberdeen game yesterday, and I was expecting a lot more from the sheep, they were seriously lucky to get the win as Livvy were by far the better team, I saw nothing from Aberdeen to worry me for sure. 

They were without Ferguson and didn’t start Brown. Ramirez was on the bench as well. I don’t think they’re as bad as you’re making out. 

Two very useful looking full backs too they’ve brought from the youth system. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They were without Ferguson and didn’t start Brown. Ramirez was on the bench as well. I don’t think they’re as bad as you’re making out. 

Two very useful looking full backs too they’ve brought from the youth system. 

I was only going on what I saw yesterday to be fair, didn't realise they had a few missing. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was only going on what I saw yesterday to be fair, didn't realise they had a few missing. 

Yeah they started with a strange shape then reverted to type towards the end. 

IveSeenTheLight

Two excellent games to start the league.

Love seeing the two cheeks kick off the season with a loss. Long may it continue ue

Fozzyonthefence
9 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Rangers

Celtic

Hearts 
Aberdeen

Hobos

Dundee Untd 

Dundee

Motherwell

Really gash teams 

Not true, Dundee Utd weren’t even a big club in Dundee until the 1980’s.  Dundee were always the bigger club until then.  They’ve basically had one good decade in their entire history.

spirt of 98
9 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

And Aberdeen & D Utd being in that list is only really since the 80s - you could argue that the likes of Dunfermline and Kilmarnock would've maybe been there before that. 

Only going by my life time which is last 40 odd years. Remember the European nights for the Sheep and Dundee U. Can’t say they are both not big clubs who are sleeping giants. Aberdeen won a Euro trophy and Dundee U regularly got to the later stages in the 80s. 

IveSeenTheLight
19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hope you weren't one if those yobs on the pitch......

No, not guilty. A lot of youthful exuberance overflowed getting an unexpected win at a usual tough place to win in our first away game in over a year.

I don’t condone, it was stupid, but have an understanding why it happened.

The "Mickey Mouse" Challenge Cup returns tonight/Wed. No English/Welsh/Irish sides this year but already the tournament looks to have hit the buffers.

Ross Co & Livingston withdrew their B teams due to lack of players and now Motherwell have also withdrawn due to a covid outbreak in their youths. Opponents have all been awarded a 3-0 win. Crowds for B team games may hit a new record low for those left playing as lots of lower league team fans refuse to go to B team games.

Our game with Edin City is held over to next week as I guess the ground is in use this week.

Fozzyonthefence
20 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Only going by my life time which is last 40 odd years. Remember the European nights for the Sheep and Dundee U. Can’t say they are both not big clubs who are sleeping giants. Aberdeen won a Euro trophy and Dundee U regularly got to the later stages in the 80s. 

Well you can argue that in the case of Dundee Utd, they’ve never been a giant let alone a sleeping one.  They massively overachieved for a decade because they had one of the best managers Scotland has ever had. 

To put into perspective, they never won their first major trophy until 1980 and have only won one more major trophy than East Fife.  Sleeping giant? Eh, no!

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

🤨 Did the twelve or so of them, take to social media afterwards, to protest in the strongest possible terms?

they are still in the middle of doing that as they have not all had their allocated time on that new fangled thingimybob

kingantti1874

Doing well in Europe in the 80’s doesn’t make clubs big. Dundee United in particular are no bigger than Motherwell or Stmirren.  Couple of good seasons doesn’t change that

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well you can argue that in the case of Dundee Utd, they’ve never been a giant let alone a sleeping one.  They massively overachieved for a decade because they had one of the best managers Scotland has ever had. 

To put into perspective, they never won their first major trophy until 1980 and have only won one more major trophy than East Fife.  Sleeping giant? Eh, no!

Utd a sleeping giant?

More like a giant in a coma.

Had a great spell, **** all before or after as you say.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Doing well in Europe in the 80’s doesn’t make clubs big. Dundee United in particular are no bigger than Motherwell or Stmirren.  Couple of good seasons doesn’t change that

They're not a sleeping giant, but they are bigger than Motherwell and St Mirren.  

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

They're not a sleeping giant, but they are bigger than Motherwell and St Mirren.  

I think we always confuse size and success.  Fans base there isn’t much in it between its and those teams. 

part_time_jambo

Checking results tonight I noticed there are a lot of Premiership clubs B teams playing in the Challenge Cup, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren etc.

Anybody know what this is about? I don't see Hearts B.

5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Checking results tonight I noticed there are a lot of Premiership clubs B teams playing in the Challenge Cup, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren etc.

Anybody know what this is about? I don't see Hearts B.

im sure our b teams game v edinburgh city has been put back to next week. 

Niemi’s gloves
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure who you meant by “one of the best managers”. If you meant Jim MacLean, then arguably they had an even better one in Jerry Kerr who took them from minnows playing in the old Division 2 at the end of the ‘50s (and by far the smaller of the two Dundee clubs) to one of the better clubs in Scotland by the start of the 70s. From memory, Jerry Kerr was quite a pleasant character not a grouchy old git. 

part_time_jambo
51 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Thanks. I presume it was a way of easing the road for Rangers and Celtic to get their Colts teams in the spfl?

Forever Hearts
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Not sure who you meant by “one of the best managers”. If you meant Jim MacLean, then arguably they had an even better one in Jerry Kerr who took them from minnows playing in the old Division 2 at the end of the ‘50s (and by far the smaller of the two Dundee clubs) to one of the better clubs in Scotland by the start of the 70s. From memory, Jerry Kerr was quite a pleasant character not a grouchy old git. 

You don't think Jim McLean is one of Scotland’s best ever managers? Seriously? 

10 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Thanks. I presume it was a way of easing the road for Rangers and Celtic to get their Colts teams in the spfl?

It has been happening for a few seasons now. It started at the same time Welsh and Irish sides got invites

Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

You don't think Jim McLean is one of Scotland’s best ever managers? Seriously? 

That’s not what I said. I’m a Hearts fan not a Dundee United fan, but I am suggesting that it was the work of two managers that took Dundee United from a corner store shop to a club that reached a European Final over the space of thirty years. It’s true that United didn’t win anything under Jerry Kerr but he took them from the depths of the old second division playing against the dross of Scottish football and made them into a team that was good enough to play in Europe and beat Barcelona home and away. 

As for Jim McLean he was the right man for his times, when managers could bully players, who were tied down by long term contracts signed when they were still very young. I am more doubtful that he would have had the necessary skill set to succeed in the modern era of agents and freedom of contract. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That’s not what I said. I’m a Hearts fan not a Dundee United fan, but I am suggesting that it was the work of two managers that took Dundee United from a corner store shop to a club that reached a European Final over the space of thirty years. It’s true that United didn’t win anything under Jerry Kerr but he took them from the depths of the old second division playing against the dross of Scottish football and made them into a team that was good enough to play in Europe and beat Barcelona home and away. 

As for Jim McLean he was the right man for his times, when managers could bully players, who were tied down by long term contracts signed when they were still very young. I am more doubtful that he would have had the necessary skill set to succeed in the modern era of agents and freedom of contract. 

Most of the great managers from McLean's era were bullies. 

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Brian Rice has resigned

Was surprised he was given a new deal last season. Bad start to the season but they were going back down the youth route rather than playing journey man trying to be in the premiership 

Lone Striker
23 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Yes - Tuesday 17th.  Do we have to have all our players in the under 18 age group ? 

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The biggest bully of them all did. SAF.

On 10/08/2021 at 15:12, Fozzyonthefence said:

Like it or not they are a big club in terms of Scotland. 

Fitzroy Pointon

How shite are Dunfermline :laugh2:. No wonder we walked that league without getting out of first gear.