*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I reckon we'll take a few points off yous.

I'd say 10. Minimum.

• Replies 63k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Hibs will win the majority of these kind of games over rhe course of the season. We need to be doing the same. It's been too long since we dished our hammerings to the likes of Ross County and Livi. 

Hibs got gubbed at home by both Ross County and Livvi last season. And St J and Well. Their 3rd place was largely down to Aberdeen being so shite.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Is the game still a contest? Might turn over. Hibs County is one sided AF. 

Aberdeen making all the running. Livi breaking it up with a few nasty fouls 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I reckon we'll take a few points off yous.

Eh? You make no sense unless you support someone other than hearts 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, GinRummy said:

Aberdeen making all the running. Livi breaking it up with a few nasty fouls 

:jj:

I can get onboard with that.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This 

fair play to Hibs - we will do will to beat them this season 

We did well to beat them last season.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs got gubbed at home by both Ross County and Livvi last season.

He did say 'majority', and this isn't last season.

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This 

Whit? Please explain further

August Landmesser

On a vaguely related topic (as Andy Irving might show up on it one day), I've just found out about the OneFootball app/site - live German cup games, Belgian league, Austrian bundesliga and Mexican league too, free and no ads. Awesome stuff!

Edited by August Landmesser

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He did say 'majority', and this isn't last season.

They didn't win the majority of games against Ross County and Livi either. They only won 3 games out of 6.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They didn't win the majority of games against Ross County and Livi either. They only won 3 games out of 6.

He said 'the season', not 'last season'.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Cillian Sheridan on for Dundee I see. Can’t believe he’s only 32. Seems like he’s been around forever. 

edit.  Not came on, just been subbed off. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo

He said 'the season', not 'last season'.

They haven't beaten Livi this season. They struggled to beat Motherwell FFS. Hibs are famous for their myth-making, deluded view of their own team and talking themselves up - not sure they need any help from us on that front. 

Hibs look very dangerous attacking. I reckon we need to bring in 4 more great quality players to be competing with them in the top half of the table. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Cillian Sheridan on for Dundee I see. Can’t believe he’s only 32. Seems like he’s been around forever. 

Thought he was excellent in Peaky Blinders.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, innerjambo said:

Hibs look very dangerous attacking. I reckon we need to bring in 4 more great quality players to be competing with them in the top half of the table. 

So do we. And we're already competing with them at the top of the table.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

They haven't beaten Livi this season. They struggled to beat Motherwell FFS. Hibs are famous for their myth-making, deluded view of their own team and talking themselves up - not sure they need any help from us on that front. 

They'd be doing well if they had beaten Livi already this season. 

I was listening to John Hughes at half time and he has me convinced.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Lol. Who are we swapping? 

Gordon for Macy?

Souttar for Porto ? 
Beni for Gogic

ginelly for Murphy? 
Boyce for Doig?

Smith for McGinn 

no I don’t think we do. They are playing shite today 

So do we. And we're already competing with them at the top of the table.

Yep, long way to go, but they look full of confidence. Our performance yesterday wasn't great, 3 points, but we fell away for long periods of the game, and allowed St Midden, to take control off possession.

Next cup game will probably see us brought back down to earth with an almighty thud. Hoping I'm wrong, but we will see.

Guest ToqueJambo

They'd be doing well if they had beaten Livi already this season. 

I was listening to John Hughes at half time and he has me convinced.

I'll leave the Hibs love-in to others with more knowledge of their team. They've been handed a very easy start to the season and looked shite in their European games. Only 5 shots on target today and 3 goals scored suggests County's goalie's having a mare. He is an ex Hibs goalie after all.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yep, long way to go, but they look full of confidence. Our performance yesterday wasn't great, 3 points, but we fell away for long periods of the game, and allowed St Midden, to take control off possession.

Next cup game will probably see us brought back down to earth with an almighty thud. Hoping I'm wrong, but we will see.

Not sure any of us are expecting a win in the cup but you never know. I've only watched Hibs in Europe this season. On that basis and the way they struggled to beat Motherwell, they'd have struggled to beat Celtic and St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lol. Who are we swapping? 

Gordon for Macy?

Souttar for Porto ? 
Beni for Gogic

ginelly for Murphy? 
Boyce for Doig?

Smith for McGinn 

no I don’t think we do. They are playing shite today 

We scrapped a win yesterday, hardly inspires confidence. Yes 3 points, and deserved, but we will need to improve massively to get results against the better teams in the league. 

We'll see what happens against septic next week, then you can maybe reassess where we are?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

We scrapped a win yesterday, hardly inspires confidence. Yes 3 points, and deserved, but we will need to improve massively to get results against the better teams in the league. 

We'll see what happens against septic next week, then you can maybe reassess where we are?

we already got a result against Celtic. ?Hibs have beaten the 2 worst teams in the league.

Man for man there aren’t many I’d swap so it’s up to Robbie. The only thing is we are a tiny bit light squad wise in key areas but first 11. We win like we always do

Not sure any of us are expecting a win in the cup but you never know. I've only watched Hibs in Europe this season. On that basis and the way they struggled to beat Motherwell, they'd have struggled to beat Celtic and St Mirren.

I'm hearing you. I just think we need a bit more quality added before the window shuts to move forward. 

29 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This 

Hobo 4 Ever

14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

On paper, 3-0 before half-time looks quite good.

In reality however, it’ll be a different kettle of fish when they are getting their cheeks felt at Tynecastle.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'll leave the Hibs love-in to others with more knowledge of their team. They've been handed a very easy start to the season and looked shite in their European games. Only 5 shots on target today and 3 goals scored suggests County's goalie's having a mare. He is an ex Hibs goalie after all.

County have been terrible, to be fair, but Hibs have gone about their business well, and we'd be delighted with their performance if it was us. Especially the more obsequious amongst us. :)

I had them down for a trousering after their European shitshow, which is why I tuned in, but it looks like they've put it behind them.

Now watching Livi send Aberdeen players sprawling across that plastic surface.

:sweeet:

William H. Bonney

I think once Celtic get a few more signings they’ll quite comfortably challenge rangers for the title. 

Livi have added even more nastiness to there play. Wish we were playing Aberdeen this weekend, they’ll have bruises on top of bruises. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

I think once Celtic get a few more signings they’ll quite comfortably challenge rangers for the title. 

Four goals in two games for their Japanese Boy. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

What was the actual number that went. They never got a full uptake of their available tickets I believe. I either heard that on Hibs Tv on Thursday or read it on here. Tbh though id be more inclined to trust here

I found this after looking at all the usual places and nowhere gave an official attendance.

This was the closest I could find.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/match-report/hibs-rijeka-europa-conference-league/

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Hibs beat a cobbled together, covid riddled toss County team and the  arse collapsing as begun. 

Hibs have beaten 2/3 of the bottom sides imo, and well done- you  do need to win those games but no need t be panicking yet.

They'll also sell at least one of their better players before the window slams shut. 

Hibs are shite. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

County have been terrible, to be fair, but Hibs have gone about their business well, and we'd be delighted with their performance if it was us. Especially the more obsequious amongst us. :)

I had them down for a trousering after their European shitshow, which is why I tuned in, but it looks like they've put it behind them.

Now watching Livi send Aberdeen players sprawling across that plastic surface.

:sweeet:

From the BBC site - "No league win, goal or even shot on target yet for Ross County this season" An Andorran village team and this mob. Not sure Hibs have been tested this season yet.

:rofl:

Livi keeper will be getting the wet tea towels in the shower.

It’s a lie detector he should be getting. Aberdeen 2 goals or more on his coupon. 

manaliveits105

Their teams playing and they still infest our board 

the flairmeisters are 3 up courtesy of two lucky deflections apparently  against a shit team 

we will give them their usual gubbing 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs beat a cobbled together, covid riddled toss County team and the  arse collapsing as begun. 

Hibs have beaten 2/3 of the bottom sides imo, and well done- you  do need to win those games but no need t be panicking yet.

They'll also sell at least one of their better players before the window slams shut. 

Hibs are shite. 

they play Dundee away next league game, what an easy start , 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm hearing you. I just think we need a bit more quality added before the window shuts to move forward. 

"No league win, goal or even shot on target yet for Ross County this season" Sound like Hibs didn't have any defending to do at all. No wonder they had time to score 3.