Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Don't really give a flying feck about which of these two vile institutions wins the league ,but celtics failure after all Lawwells efforts last summer amuses the most .

Brining back Lennon to oversee such a collapse when celtic likely were at a high point and many a good level manager would be interested after Rogers .sums up the arrogance of Lawwells time incharge of the spfl and celtic .

I doubt many if any managers of the stature of Rodgers would be interested in coming to Scotland no matter what. Rodgers did it due to his Irish Catholic heritage as did O'Neill.

29 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Looks like the kind of guy that would steal your car though. 

Looks like he should be the front man for Alice In Chains.

Mikey1874

Nice of the papers to have interviews with John McGinn today. 

On how he was gutted not to join Celtic. Seems it was around £200,000 more Celtic, were unwilling to pay. 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I doubt many if any managers of the stature of Rodgers would be interested in coming to Scotland no matter what. Rodgers did it due to his Irish Catholic heritage as did O'Neill.

Rodgers left because of Lawell, Lawell was undermining him at every opportunity. Desmond got fed up of the phonecalls from Rodgers, moaning about Lawell.

36 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Slim chance? How come?  I ain't a superstitious fella, but it worries me... 😉

Everybody has a slim chance of beating them. Or at least everybody in Scotland. Rangers are good even by Europa league standards. The sheep are utter shite.

jamboinglasgow

Wonder how many Celtic players had their last old firm there. Could be quite the exodus from Celtic Park in the summer.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wonder how many Celtic players had their last old firm there. Could be quite the exodus from Celtic Park in the summer.

Watching that it's patently clear that this Celtic side has no chance of challenging Rangers for the title next year. They need a massive rebuild to do so and I can't see them doing it in a single season.

Rangers on the other hand are already strong and wont stand still. They will strengthen from a starting point of strength. It's going to be like shooting at a moving target for Celtic. Might take 2 or even 3 seasons to catch them.

Then if Rangers qualify for the CL and capture that golden jackpot while Celtic don't that moving target begins moving even faster.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Eddie Howe just asked for another £10k a week to sort out that shambles.

Or he's run for it! 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'd agree about the motivation to but to be honest I don't really get the argument for 5 subs as a response to the covid situation

Was it a response to COVID? I'm not sure why the change was implemented.

I just felt it was ridiculous that it was ONLY the Championship, thanks to the votes of those teams, who stuck with the 3-subs rule when everybody else was happy to have 5.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Boof said:

Was it a response to COVID? I'm not sure why the change was implemented.

I just felt it was ridiculous that it was ONLY the Championship, thanks to the votes of those teams, who stuck with the 3-subs rule when everybody else was happy to have 5.

The only logical conclusion is that they felt it gave an advantage to Hearts and Dundee who can afford large squads. The idea that clubs could not afford to do 5 subs because it is lower league football is blown out of the water by League 1 and 2 voting for it.

Bazzas right boot

Not overly happy rangers will go the season unbeaten, but celtic getting their back doors smashed in is :shockio:

Maybe they can join hibs in thier counselling sessions  about being abused and humiliated by their city rivals. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Barack said:

John Kennedy, eh...?!

Another win for JKB.

John khennedy..... 🙄

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The only logical conclusion is that they felt it gave an advantage to Hearts and Dundee who can afford large squads. The idea that clubs could not afford to do 5 subs because it is lower league football is blown out of the water by League 1 and 2 voting for it.

It was all about Hearts!   Dundee had sweet ***** Adams to do with it!

I noticed Brora and Kelty are scheduled to play on the 4th 7pm, & 8th 3pm, of May, this week. ☺ For the relegation of league 2...  Brechin awaits the winners if all goes well. 

Edited by HMFC01

Some great games to look forward to this week culminating in the cabbages exit from the scottish cup.

Two Fife derbies and Stranraer clinging to the hope that they can make the playoffs.  And the English trillionaires battling it out to make it two all English finals.

Meanwhile  we're back in pre season when we should still be in the cup but that's split milk.

Looking at the premier league table I really hope Kilmarnock either go down or end up in the play offs. I reckon if they go down they will end up down there for a good few seasons like a Hibs or Dundee United. Teams like Hamilton or Ross County will end up bouncing back up right away. It's been coming for years to Kilmarnock just wish it happened sooner. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Looking at the premier league table I really hope Kilmarnock either go down or end up in the play offs. I reckon if they go down they will end up down there for a good few seasons like a Hibs or Dundee United. Teams like Hamilton or Ross County will end up bouncing back up right away. It's been coming for years to Kilmarnock just wish it happened sooner. 

Hamilton will disappear if they go down imo. 

Key really should be no Dundee coming up if possible, for a variety of reasons.

Even funnier if Dunfermline (least worse) or Raith (mid worst) won the Championship round of play offs as they (Dundee) would likely have won league if 'no harm' reconstruction had been passed.

However, I detest plastic so much, if Hamilton and Killie go down and Dundee up, so be it, unfortunately.

But we have got 2 good results on Raith's plastic, which appears the best plastic of the lot.

Edited by DETTY29

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hamilton will disappear if they go down imo. 

It would be good to see but they always seem to end up back in the premier league somehow.  Its mad to think there is teams out there in the lowland league or even the east of Scotland  Bonnyrigg, Kelty , Linlithgow who could have a bigger home support than Hamilton on their day and not even playing football in the football league.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It would be good to see but they always seem to end up back in the premier league somehow.  Its mad to think there is teams out there in the lowland league or even the east of Scotland  Bonnyrigg, Kelty , Linlithgow who could have a bigger home support than Hamilton on their day and not even playing football in the football league.

It is, imo Hamilton being in the top flight highlights how tin pot  Scottish is more than the OF dominance. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7057498/st-mirren-refused-licence-europe-3m-scottish-cup-windfall/

both st mirren (who are appealing it) and livi have been denied the required grading by the sfa to compete in europe next season if they make it

also i see andy walker has been banned from both ibrox and celtic park

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7056401/rangers-celtic-ban-walker-sky-sports-legal/

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7057498/st-mirren-refused-licence-europe-3m-scottish-cup-windfall/

both st mirren (who are appealing it) and livi have been denied the required grading by the sfa to compete in europe next season if they make it

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7056401/rangers-celtic-ban-walker-sky-sports-legal/

Im not a fan of Andy Walker but he hit the bullseye for me with his criticism of both arse cheeks. Like the bullies they are, they have thrown their toys out of the pram in the cream puff.

Des Lynam
Just now, John Findlay said:

Im not a fan of Andy Walker but he hit the bullseye for me with his criticism of both arse cheeks. Like the bullies they are, they have thrown their toys out of the pram in the cream puff.

I agree John. It’s ridiculous they can ban him because he said things they don’t like. 

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

I find the Andy Walker story very amusing.

it took a lot of willpower when i posted it not to include a more approriate surname for AW

Are these the same Scottish authorities that admitted a new club without the needed 3 years of trading records straight into the league set up?

I'm no fan of Walker but they shouldn't be able to ban Sky pundits they don't like when Sky are filling their coffers.

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Are these the same Scottish authorities that admitted a new club without the needed 3 years of trading records straight into the league set up?

One and the same. People have a nerve calling other countries corrupt.

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

'No-one likes us, we don't care'

You really do, you really, really do.

Premiership Play Off Quarter Final tonight.

Dunfermline least of the bad options (voted no harm reconstruction and grass pitch).

Siding with them if need be.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I'm no fan of Walker but they shouldn't be able to ban Sky pundits they don't like when Sky are filling their coffers.

Sky just stop covering their games 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Premiership Play Off Quarter Final tonight.

Dunfermline least of the bad options (voted no harm reconstruction and grass pitch).

Siding with them if need be.

Is it on TV? 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is it on TV? 

Nope.

I think BBC get the L1 and Championship play off finals with Sky picking up the Dundee v. whoever Premiership one.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Nope.

I think BBC get the L1 and Championship play off finals with Sky picking up the Dundee v. whoever Premiership one.

Sad to see , would be a good couple of games to watch. The whole idea of making things more interesting by adding play offs and then we blank them

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sky just stop covering their games 🤷‍♂️

Or switch to showing more of their home than away fixtures to annoy their fans with kick off times.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

'No-one likes us, we don't care'

You really do, you really, really do.

Sign of weakness 

Turkishcap
On 03/05/2021 at 11:07, Stu_HMFC said:

Soon as SC left they were on a downer.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Sad to see , would be a good couple of games to watch. The whole idea of making things more interesting by adding play offs and then we blank them

Correct.

A local derby as a play-off match would be great viewing for neutrals

Surely the BBC could have shown all play-off matches, even if it was on Alba.

More great TV deal negotiating by Dungcatcher