*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

weegie jambo
5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Travel on a midweek for a long journey whilst playing every other day could be a factor 

Sure, they've been playing every 2/3 days for a couple of weeks now and were on a roll, but I guess things just caught up with them. One of my sons in law plays for them so I'll ask him..

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That shouldn't even matter. What's the point of testing players if the SPFL is going to say it's OK for a team with a player who tests positive on the day of a game and has been mixing with his team-mates to still play against another team instead of immediately isolating everyone who might have been in contact? Shambles after shambles after shambles.

The player in question played at the weekend too against Peterhead I read so hes played in that game mixed with his teammates and opponents. They have then mixed with people at work , home and their clubs. They then let East Fife know , they say no thanks we arent risking our players , families or day to day work. Seems perfectly reasonable. JRG - na its cool just play anyway - SPFL/SFA - disrepute charge for not risking your players.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

East Fife fined £11k (£10k suspended) for failing to fulfill a fixture

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56932536

The SPFL really is a clown car of an organisation - a collection of petty, jobsworth arseholes

Petty, jobsworth, white, middle-aged, all male arseholes drunk on a tiny bit of power and forever attempting to justify and maintain their positions.

In England, the execs of the clubs involved in the Superdooper League have been forced to resign. In Scotland the execs of the clubs that have never hidden their desire to leave Scottish football for a league like that and are constantly trying to do so behind the scenes take turnabout on the SPFL board.

Edited by ToqueJambo

East Fife's first responsibility is to their employees. 

No matter the details and the actual probable safety of playing football outdoors, it's a decision that will be understood and appreciated.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

The SPFL really is a clown car of an organisation - a collection of petty, jobsworth arseholes

"There has been no recorded case, worldwide, of any on-pitch transmission of Covid-19."

I can't say I could back that quote up.    But there has been games where several other players have then contracted the virus.    I was thinking the Israel squad.  A Scottish youth coach. 

" Austrian champion team Salzburg announced Sunday that three of its players had tested positive for coronavirus, days after its midweek Champions League playoff game against Maccabi Tel Aviv in Austria." 

4 October 2020

Not that it matters.    The clyde player was removed a week earlier.   

Edited by HMFC01

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Do we know if Brechin are playing in the playoff yet? 

Not yet.

They need to win tonight. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Call me cynical but East Fife were one of the 8 clubs that voted against Doncaster’s proposal to call the league early last season .....

3 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

They should set up a go fund me, pretty sure most decent fans would weigh in for them as that is a scandalous decision from the arseholes.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Did we ever find out what that thing is?

A dust mite?

He's a thistle.   A partick thistle.    Not the green and purple ones. 

I used to think it was a sort of poor imitation of oor willie. 

2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

"There has been no recorded case, worldwide, of any on-pitch transmission of Covid-19."

I can't say I could back that quote up.    But there has been games where several other players have then contracted the virus.    I was thinking the Israel squad.  A Scottish youth coach. 

" Austrian champion team Salzburg announced Sunday that three of its players had tested positive for coronavirus, days after its midweek Champions League playoff game against Maccabi Tel Aviv in Austria." 

4 October 2020

Whats that about?

good to see Brechin losing and having to play the play off.

joke that East Fife have been fined though

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

Whats that about?

good to see Brechin losing and having to play the play off.

joke that East Fife have been fined though

An SPFL statement read: "The hearing followed East Fife failing to fulfil a League 1 fixture against Clyde FC on 27 April 2021. A Clyde player had, immediately prior to the 27 April Match, received a positive COVID-19 test

result.

"That test had been administered on the previous Saturday and was relevant to Clyde’s forthcoming league match on 29 April. It was wholly coincidental that the result of the Saturday test became available on 27 April.

(technically they are saying he wasnt a close contact case a week prior, so was deemed safe to remove him on the day of the match).   I wasn't exactly clear.   I read it but explained it wrong. 

"The Clyde player was, entirely properly, immediately withdrawn from the Clyde FC squad for the match on 27 April and sent home. East Fife were advised by the match referee and representatives of Scottish football’s Joint Response Group that the match could safely go ahead and that none of their players would have been identified as ‘close contacts’ of a positive case by playing in the match.

"In the light of this advice, the SPFL advised East Fife that, should they not play in the match, their failure to do so would be subject to an SPFL investigation and potential disciplinary action.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Partick win the league and are promoted if results stay the same. That is if Falkirk don't score 4. 

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

An SPFL statement read: "The hearing followed East Fife failing to fulfil a League 1 fixture against Clyde FC on 27 April 2021. A Clyde player had, immediately prior to the 27 April Match, received a positive COVID-19 test

result.

"That test had been administered on the previous Saturday and was relevant to Clyde’s forthcoming league match on 29 April. It was wholly coincidental that the result of the Saturday test became available on 27 April.

(technically they are saying he wasnt a close contact case a week prior, so was deemed safe to remove him on the day of the match).   I wasn't exactly clear.   I read it but explained it wrong. 

"The Clyde player was, entirely properly, immediately withdrawn from the Clyde FC squad for the match on 27 April and sent home. East Fife were advised by the match referee and representatives of Scottish football’s Joint Response Group that the match could safely go ahead and that none of their players would have been identified as ‘close contacts’ of a positive case by playing in the match.

"In the light of this advice, the SPFL advised East Fife that, should they not play in the match, their failure to do so would be subject to an SPFL investigation and potential disciplinary action.

Darren Young was in the radio last night saying they were given the option to or not and no advice or information was received regarding any punishment should they chose not to play.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Darren Young was in the radio last night saying they were given the option to or not and no advice or information was received regarding any punishment should they chose not to play.

As I've said, East Fife have several legal obligations to protect and care for their own staff. It's not just about the low risk of outdoor sport. If it was nil risk why do Covid players have to miss games? Science hasn't confirmed the risk. 

Anyway £1000 fine and game is getting played. So there is some recognition of the position. 

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

result.

How could he not be a close contact if he travelled to Peterhead and played? Lunatics...

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well

Nice to see an ex-Hearts player score a goal to help put them down.

3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

4 October 2020

In the East of Scotland league Musselburgh Athletic played Blackburn United on Boxing Day. On the Monday after the game the Blackburn squad were informed via Track & Trace that one of the Musselburgh players who had played on the Saturday had tested positive. The Blackburn squad were all required to self isolate whereas , bizarrely, the Musselburgh squad were not and trained at the Oriam and were due to play a match on the Wednesday only for it to be called off for a frozen pitch. Several Blackburn players went for Covid tests and the player who was in direct opposition to the Musselburgh covid player ie marked him at corners and set pieces, tested positive. No further matches were played as the season went into lockdown and eventually ended null and void. Of course it could have been entirely co-incidental but those are pretty long odds.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just discovered who Brechin’s goalkeeping coach is and suddenly it all makes sense. 

Craig Nelson. 

Visions of the curtains popping up from behind the hedge

Applications for the Falkirk manager's job have to go to Gary Holt, who is in interim charge.

He ruled out wanting the job on Saturday, but far more coy on Sportsound tonight.

Now that will be an interesting job interview.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Applications for the Falkirk manager's job have to go to Gary Holt, who is in interim charge.

He ruled out wanting the job on Saturday, but far more coy on Sportsound tonight.

Now that will be an interesting job interview.

Sounds like a levein move tho after tonight’s result he might have second thoughts 

Byyy The Light

Championship going to be a very interesting league next season. Even more difficult than this year with ourselves and Alloa out.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Doubt Budge will have approved that. Expect a sacking in the morning.

No

It would be Andrew McKinlay if anyone. 

Probably wrote it himself. 

Something very wrong at Falkirk. They were clear favourites for the league in March and now sitting 4th with a caretaker manager. Especially since their formers managers ray mckinnon won league 2 and sir Paul Hartley finishing above them with part time Cove this season 

jamboinglasgow

David Cox of Albion Rovers left the game at half time (he was on the bench) and put a video up saying he is retiring from football after a Stenhousemuir player (Tiffany) mocked his mental illness issues that he had in the past. Cox has talked many times before about how much abuse and mocking he has had from players and fans since he first talked about his past mental health problems. He has said in the past if he kept getting it he would quit.

He spoke about how he knows that nothing will be done against players that abuse him as it becomes one word against the other, and if no officials hear it nothing is done. That is depressing.

https://www.facebook.com/100004246595542/videos/2019976328153901/?story_fbid=2019976328153901&id=100004246595542&sfnsn=scwspmo

Just now, Barack said:

They must have a fairly decent wage bill, for that league.

Gomis

Durnan

Telfer

Keen

Morrison

Miller

Fotheringham 

Alston 

To name a few.

Don’t forget the big fish Connor sammon