*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Not necessarily. If Dons beat Hibs by a couple of goals then Rangers beat dons 2-1 and Celtic scud their wee cousins by 4 or 5 that would do

That’s true,    in true Hibs style, hopefully they lose 3rd place in the 90th minute of the last game due to a Porteous OG.  
 :sweeet:

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Hamilton are totally about to "do a Hamilton" again aren't they?

Possibly, would be funny if Ross County go down. Then MacGregor can take his medicine. 

Watched the last 20 minutes of Hibs - St Johnstone. The latter are very impressive. Speed, athleticism, no little skill, physicality, organisation and, above all, intensity. They were under pressure but at no time looked like conceding, and in fact came close to adding to their lead a couple of minutes from time. Good to see them putting down another marker, just in case both teams face each other in the Cup final.

It was also a fairly sobering reminder of just how much we have to improve in all of the above departments if we’re to have a hope of challenging the better teams next season.

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

A perfect set of Saturday football scores.   :greggy: 

Almost. I would prefer to see Ross County go down in all honesty due to the "take their medicine" comment.

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Watched the last 20 minutes of Hibs - St Johnstone. The latter are very impressive. Speed, athleticism, no little skill, physicality, organisation and, above all, intensity. They were under pressure but at no time looked like conceding, and in fact came close to adding to their lead a couple of minutes from time. Good to see them putting down another marker, just in case both teams face each other in the Cup final.

It was also a fairly sobering reminder of just how much we have to improve in all of the above departments if we’re to have a hope of challenging the better teams next season.

Would take Kerr and McCann from St Johnstone, reckon Rooney and McCart would add something to our squad as well

Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Agree

Though Hearts showed all these things last night 

2 down, 2 to go.

A Cup semi they "could not lose" to their not match fit, Championship rivals.

A League Cup semi that was surely a formality as their name was already on the trophy.

Next please.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

2 down, 2 to go.

A League Cup semi that was surely a formality as their name was already on the trophy.

Next please.

Dundee United are poor though but you never know esp as Ross has a terrible record in the big games that matter 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

2 down, 2 to go.

Next please.

Its delicious. 

16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

.sweat in lockdoon. 

😄

I thought you were joking.

Should have known better. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree

Though Hearts showed all these things last night 

I think we will struggle to cope with the physicality and intensity of some top tier teams. I look at us and wonder who’s got the legs, stamina and desire for a 90-minute dog-fight. Maybe Souttar and Halliday. But there are a lot of players in our current squad who would be done after 20 minutes of a game like that. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cup double for St Johnstone would be fantastic. 

It would be one of the all-time great achievements in the history of our game. No ifs, no buts. 

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Almost. I would prefer to see Ross County go down in all honesty due to the "take their medicine" comment.

Aye.... can understand that.   Perfect outcome imo would be Ross Co bottom, Killie in the  playoff against one of the 3 championship clubs.   If its Dundee, I'd want Killie to scud them.   Probably likewise if its Raith.   Dunfermline ?  I'd prefer to see them up and Killie down, just to get it right up Tommy Wright.   

What a collapse that would be for Killie though.   Deservedly  3rd only 2 years ago under Clarke ..... 3 managers later, 4 Ayrshire derbies in the Championship to look forward to.  

11 minutes ago, theshed said:

Dundee United are poor though but you never know esp as Ross has a terrible record in the big games that matter 

...and there's two mountains to climb between them and the Cup.

Hibs are usually 5hagged out after the foothills of Mount Semi Final.

Edited by martoon

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its delicious. 

Indeed.

Who said the season was over?

It can't be. Not without the full set of Hibs'd its.

Lone Striker
9 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think we will struggle to cope with the physicality and intensity of some top tier teams. I look at us and wonder who’s got the legs, stamina and desire for a 90-minute dog-fight. Maybe Souttar and Halliday. But there are a lot of players in our current squad who would be done after 20 minutes of a game like that. 

It would be one of the all-time great achievements in the history of our game. No ifs, no buts. 

Yep - your point is well made.  We've been sh1te against supposed minnows  (Hamiton & ST.Johnstone especially) for years - just can't seem to impose our supposed superiority in games against them.  Quite embarrassing actually.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye.... can understand that.   Perfect outcome imo would be Ross Co bottom, Killie in the  playoff against one of the 3 championship clubs.   If its Dundee, I'd want Killie to scud them.   Probably likewise if its Raith.   Dunfermline ?  I'd prefer to see them up and Killie down, just to get it right up Tommy Wright.   

What a collapse that would be for Killie though.   Deservedly  3rd only 2 years ago under Clarke ..... 3 managers later, 4 Ayrshire derbies in the Championship to look forward to.  

Yup, Ross County the only ones going down would do me fine. I'm not sure I despise Killie any more than I do Dunfermline to muster any enthusiasm for wanting the former go down - both clubs don't mean very much to me. As you say though, that would be a heck of a fall from grace for Killie if they did make the drop.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Porteous passed it straight to the st j guy for the goal apparently. 

Any highlights of that?

1 minute ago, Jumper said:

Any highlights of that?

Ok. Just seen it. I should have read the whole thread before asking. That’s a particularly stupid thing to do and so typical.

colinmaroon
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Already posted above

What a perfect cutback!

Superb!

Edited by colinmaroon

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

St Johnstone rested most of their team today. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Already posted above

:biglaugh: :Funny-Post: :hibsfud:

SomethingAboutObua
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Can only imagine that its a very cheap way to own a football club. But always curious to see what the attraction is, could you use a lower league Scottish cup to bring in overseas talent into British football and then sell on to England, like a back door way to get in.

Probably good location to try and sign young players and sell on yeah. Do they own their own ground? Usually a big reason teams are chosen, Dundee owning Dens was apparently a big factor in Nelms and whoever buying them.

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Already posted above

"Just belt it up the pitch" how very hivs 😂

JudyJudyJudy
58 minutes ago, martoon said:

Indeed.

Who said the season was over?

It can't be. Not without the full set of Hibs'd its.

Yes  it Would be great ending ! Please let it happen 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

We can help relegate them next season. 

Matter of time for them. 

42 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What a perfect cutback!

Superb!

a cutback many wingers would be proud of

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We can help relegate them next season. 

Matter of time for them. 

A very fair point. A dish served cold and all that.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A very fair point. A dish served cold and all that.

👍

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

But but MS said on radio hubz were fantastic lately.

His bumming up of Hibs is embarrassing. He’s permanently making them out to be Scotland’s version of Man City. God knows what his agenda is.

1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

But but MS said on radio hubz were fantastic lately.

I agree with him.  Losing to St. Johnstone reserves, probably chucking 3rd place away and that assist from Porteous were all fantastic.

Shame for Stranraer.  Scored a very late winner only for Stirling Albion yo score an even later equaliser.

Still in it though but need to beat Edinburgh.

Arthur Morgan
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

Souttar couldn’t lace his boots apparently 😂😂😂😂😂

Lol Souttar is miles ahead of Porteous. I don't get the hype with him at all, he's shite.

24 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Lol Souttar is miles ahead of Porteous. I don't get the hype with him at all, he's shite.

He's not only shite, but he seems like a total throbber as well.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, leginten said:

I thought that before we played Hibs and Celtic this season and we had the legs, stamina and desire for two 120 minute dog fights. We'll prepare and strengthen appropriately for next season. Not sure why we looked so off the pace so often this season because we didn't look like that in 14/15. The only logical explanation is the pandemic affected our players and our preparation. Yes, it affected the other teams in our league, but playing with no fans and a shorter or disrupted pre season is a much bigger change for our players than lower level players.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The playoffs.

Have I got this right?

The Premiership/Championship play off only has the higher league team involved in the 'final'? And Hibs are the only higher league team to succumb?

Meanwhile the Championship/League 1 and League 1/League 2 playoffs have the higher league team involved from the outset?

And finally the League 2/ HL/LL playoff has the current SPFL team only involved in the final?

If I'm correct, that smacks heavily of protectionism for Prem and L2 playoff teams. Along with the 'only 3 subs in the Championship for this season only' rule it's yet another example of Scottish fitba tying itself in knots.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

The playoffs.

Have I got this right?

The Premiership/Championship play off only has the higher league team involved in the 'final'? And Hibs are the only higher league team to succumb?

Meanwhile the Championship/League 1 and League 1/League 2 playoffs have the higher league team involved from the outset?

And finally the League 2/ HL/LL playoff has the current SPFL team only involved in the final?

If I'm correct, that smacks heavily of protectionism for Prem and L2 playoff teams. Along with the 'only 3 subs in the Championship for this season only' rule it's yet another example of Scottish fitba tying itself in knots.

yeah that’s right. Probably the only way the top division voted with the play offs similar to league 2 not being automatically relegated.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

yeah that’s right. Probably the only way the top division voted with the play offs similar to league 2 not being automatically relegated.

Just to temper my annoyance a tiny bit, I took a read back and discovered that the '3 subs rule' was kept, instead of going for 5, after a vote of the Championship clubs.
Would be interested to see how many change their tune this year...if it even goes to a vote.

42 minutes ago, Boof said:

The playoffs.

Have I got this right?

Hibs aren't the only team - Partick Thistle lost to Livi in 2018.

Rogue Daddy
40 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just to temper my annoyance a tiny bit, I took a read back and discovered that the '3 subs rule' was kept, instead of going for 5, after a vote of the Championship clubs.
Would be interested to see how many change their tune this year...if it even goes to a vote.

I really didn’t get that either. I get the feeling it was ‘screw’ us again for some reason? The reason totally escapes me. Not ITK, just a hunch. 
Why wouldn’t the spfl just make it the same for all leagues?... could the spfl be any more tinpot. 

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Hibs aren't the only team - Partick Thistle lost to Livi in 2018.

Ah, okay. But that IS another first they can claim...isn't it? :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I really didn’t get that either. I get the feeling it was ‘screw’ us again for some reason? The reason totally escapes me. Not ITK, just a hunch. 
Why wouldn’t the spfl just make it the same for all leagues?... could the spfl be any more tinpot. 

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

I genuinely believe it WAS to screw us over since we'd have a bigger squad than any other Championship club.

Would be interested to know which clubs backed it - they might not be quite so high on my ***** list.
Tinpot indeed.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Boof said:

I genuinely believe it WAS to screw us over since we'd have a bigger squad than any other Championship club.

Would be interested to know which clubs backed it - they might not be quite so high on my ***** list.
Tinpot indeed.

I'd agree about the motivation to but to be honest I don't really get the argument for 5 subs as a response to the covid situation