*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

6 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

They haven't won it yet and they're not going to.

They've won the league cup and are through to the semis of the SC, but if you thought I was being serious you've missed my point.

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Chris Kane was the score not the goalie. 

It was actually a poor header. Going wide. 

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Chris Kane was the score not the goalie. 

Oh bollox ☺. That stuck in a pin it.   Good assist at least.    I honestly didn't see a tap in.    Just saw the header and feeble attempt from MacGregor to stop it. 

Cheers for the correction. 

Just now, LeftBack said:

Are you going to say santa does not exist 

He certainly will exist if Hubs get pumped in the Semi. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

and yet some on here celebrate

:cornette:

Damn right, I’m pissing myself at the Huns tonight, loving it.   Hibs will Hibs it, if they don’t, life goes on.  They won it 5 years ago, it’s no biggie if they win it again this season, will still be behind us. 

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That was a remarkable equaliser by Zander Clark the goalkeeper.    I was losing myself with excitement and disbelief until I seen the replay.   I wasn't convinced he scored.    I usually expect a whistle or var or lino getting involved when it's them. 

****ing brilliant result as well them getting knocked out under their "55" banner. 

I am not supporting St Johnstone.    Iam a football supporter, under dogs espeacily against the old firm, with the way the equaliser goes in, gets me going. 

That was brilliant! 👍 

By that reasoning you must have wanted Hibs to win the cup in 2016. In fact, you’d have pissed your pants at Gray’s goal. 

Nothing anyone of us can do about this so me am just chilling, what will be will be but I do agree it could and should have been us.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you know?  I think you’ll find they care very much if they win it for only the 2nd time in their history.  What would Hearts primary objective be in a normal Premiership season?  I mean when we have people in charge that have more ambition than avoiding relegation or top 6?

How many serious football clubs are in Scotland?

As we only have a chance of winning 2 trophies I’d suggest we should be prioritising them every season and I’m sure most of our managers do take them very seriously.   Win a cup or finish 3rd or 4th?  Give me a cup every single time, never seen us have an open top bus parade with 100,000 lining the streets for a top 3/4 finish or even a runners up in the league. 

That's the point I was making sarcastically.

It's become a defence for getting papped out of the cups by Alloa and Brora that the cups weren't our 'objectives' this season.

Loser mentality.

If Budge is still in charge next year which is almost a certainty we will be fighting for survival in the league.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

That's the point I was making sarcastically.

It's become a defence for getting papped out of the cups by Alloa and Brora that the cups weren't our 'objectives' this season.

Loser mentality.

Ah I see, I was confused by your post!

25 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

0 cup wins in 114 years and now 2 in 5 years with Neilson as Hearts manager.

This!  Catastrophic for the general mood at the club. 

Nelly Terraces

Another non old squirm team winning a major honour. While we scrape around in the 2nd tier knocked out both cups by clubs with less than 10% our resources or stature, one of which is literally the most embarrassing result in our history

Cheers Budge. Your complete  loser mentality, literally a midus touch in reverse, with everything you touch turning to shite, has done us proud.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The ‘hibs it’ stuff was good when we were better than them and they hadn’t won the cup. 

True but they continue to do it.  Look at the League Cup semis - no OF, name on the cup but what happened?

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Nothing anyone of us can do about this so me am just chilling, what will be will be but I do agree it could and should have been us.

You’re right.

There is nothing we can do about this opportunity for Hibs to win the cup. We just need to hope they bugger it up again.
One thing is for sure. Whoever they have to play in the semi final will also be thinking they’ll never have a better chance of winning the cup. This season is a freak event due to Covid and no spectators.

It no certainly that Hibs will lift the trophy.

alwaysthereinspirit
28 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

0 cup wins in 114 years and now 2 in 5 years with Neilson as Hearts manager.

Oh behave, we just knocked them out in a cup semi. You can’t blame him for everything that happens to #!bs for the rest of your life. Or maybe you can. Good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

True but they continue to do it.  Look at the League Cup semis - no OF, name on the cup but what happened?

I struggle to take delight in hibs getting beat in semi finals, especially in competitions that we have been humiliated by part time Alloa and noteven part time brora rangers tbh.

Fingers crossed they get pumped out though, a scottish cup win for hibs would take the shine off our hard fought ‘notorious championship to win’ title.  

This does seem similar to their previous cup win sadly.  Drawing with us after being 2 goals down then ozturk getting injured. A jammy semi final win against Dundee United when every shot utd hit found a way to hit hibs fat goalie and an old firm game dominated by celtic which resulted in a crap rangers team reaching the final. 

I still have hope they'll hibs it, but the margins are shortening..... 

Stunning from St Johnstone. I couldn't be more jealous. 

Hope they do the double. What a story that would be..

Edited by Sarah O
Effin autocorrect

Silvery_Moon
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If Budge is still in charge next year which is almost a certainty we will be fighting for survival in the league.

And papped out the first knockout stage of each cup which will just get shrugged off by the board. 

Silvery_Moon
31 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Another non old squirm team winning a major honour. While we scrape around in the 2nd tier knocked out both cups by clubs with less than 10% our resources or stature, one of which is literally the most embarrassing result in our history

Cheers Budge. Your complete  loser mentality, literally a midus touch in reverse, with everything you touch turning to shite, has done us proud.

:spoton:

We are winning the square root of zero under this regime

been here before
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

:spoton:

We are winning the square root of zero under this regime

Apart from yesterday?

Fact of the matter is that throughout our history the majority of Hearts "regimes" ( © the overly melodramatic) have won "the square root of zero".

Edited by been here before

Gordon Ramsay
26 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

This does seem similar to their previous cup win sadly.  Drawing with us after being 2 goals down then ozturk getting injured. A jammy semi final win against Dundee United when every shot utd hit found a way to hit hibs fat goalie and an old firm game dominated by celtic which resulted in a crap rangers team reaching the final. 

I still have hope they'll hibs it, but the margins are shortening..... 

Yep. Got a great chance now. 

It's OK though we've just won the most difficult league in European football 👍

Budge out. Neilson out. 

Is there any other club in the World that manages to allocate blame on their manager for other teams successes? What a pile of excrement! It is how football works in the real world. teams win and teams lose, and sometimes it isn’t Robbie Neilson or Anne Budge’s fault. The cup will be won or lost by one of four teams, unfortunately none of them will be Hearts and Our manager or  owner will have no part to play in the result. Until we can settle down and get behind our own team we will be complicit in our supposed favourites inability by constantly putting untold pressure on a team we apparently love but show no such emotion to. Grow up, shit or get off the pot!

Jeffros Furios
58 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I was wondering why it was so quite here in one of the many hunvilles

:cornette:

been here before
8 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Is there any other club in the World that manages to allocate blame on their manager for other teams successes? What a pile of excrement! It is how football works in the real world. teams win and teams lose, and sometimes it isn’t Robbie Neilson or Anne Budge’s fault. The cup will be won or lost by one of four teams, unfortunately none of them will be Hearts and Our manager or  owner will have no part to play in the result. Until we can settle down and get behind our own team we will be complicit in our supposed favourites inability by constantly putting untold pressure on a team we apparently love but show no such emotion to. Grow up, shit or get off the pot!

Its funny as ****.

The same whinging dicks who have sat here week in, week out for months, trying to out rage each other, slavering about how this squad/ "regime" will get us relegated next year as we are so shite, how this is the worst Hearts team theyve ever seen, playing the worst football and how we only won this league due to it and every other team in it being so shite, are now raging as we could have won the SC this year against the teams who would be relegating us.

:lol:

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

By that reasoning you must have wanted Hibs to win the cup in 2016. In fact, you’d have pissed your pants at Gray’s goal. 

No.   There are exceptions. 

Checking hibs odds game by game in 2016 the final was their obvious underdog match but not by much.    I couldn't have cared less which team won.   I do remember laughing when gray scored his pot shot.   

It seems by reading some of the archive articles. Then manager Warburton had the same attitude as robbie/hearts saying the league promotion was priority.   I can't remember why or how they lost to hibs but it might have been due to fatigue.   

17 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

:spoton:  Robbie Neilson is not the devil incarnate, just because Hibs fluked a Cup win in 2016.

Hearts losing to Brora, will also not be Neilson’s fault, should the Vermin win the Cup this year.

Love it. 

Hibs fans confident of winning the Cup, even before the draw for the semis has been done.

Willingly forgetful about having 1 good result at Hampden in 120 years.

Looking forward to more junkie tears at the national stadium (preferably the final because it's funnier).

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Vermin crawling oot the woodwork I see

FTH 5-1 

reeking tonight, can’t guess why?!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Very much doubt it but let’s wait and see. 

Still alot of football to be played, do I want Hibs to win the cup? No. Will it impact my life if they do? No.

Sorest part of it for me is the fact we were so feeble that we couldn't even have a chance to stop it happening.

Time to get Hearts back to the club we should be, Hearts need to get professional and quick, that includes off the field, seriously need to invest in an talent in the offices and on the training ground.  We have serious lack of resources working in commercial sales, marketing never mind on the pitch.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Trouble is we hibsed it worse in both cups.

1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

And papped out the first knockout stage of each cup which will just get shrugged off by the board. 

And in debt again!

14 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Still alot of football to be played, do I want Hibs to win the cup? No. Will it impact my life if they do? No.

Sorest part of it for me is the fact we were so feeble that we couldn't even have a chance to stop it happening.

Time to get Hearts back to the club we should be, Hearts need to get professional and quick, that includes off the field, seriously need to invest in an talent in the offices and on the training ground.  We have serious lack of resources working in commercial sales, marketing never mind on the pitch.

Ann says they are lovely people though! That's what matters!

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Trouble is we hibsed it worse in both cups.

Nah, hibsing it is getting to the stage where success looks guaranteed and then making an arse out of it not making an arse of it from the get go.

colinmaroon

The incompetence of the team and management at Brora has proved to be a very real missed opportunity.

I got over the loss v Hibs, even though they went on to win the Cup, because they denied the Blue Bloodsuckers but, only God can give me the grace to forgive that shambles.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Nah, hibsing it is getting to the stage where success looks guaranteed and then making an arse out of it not making an arse of it from the get go.

OK. We heartsed it in this seasons cups ... near enough. Brora and Alloa FFS.

colinmaroon
40 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:spoton:  Robbie Neilson is not the devil incarnate, just because Hibs fluked a Cup win in 2016.

Hearts losing to Brora, will also not be Neilson’s fault, should the Vermin win the Cup this year.

Hearts losing to Brora was not Neilson's fault?

It must have been the dug!!!

Edited by colinmaroon