*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Ann says they are lovely people though! That's what matters!

And we must hope they win it for the sake of the Edinburgh community. Oh and her relatives!

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Ann says they are lovely people though! That's what matters!

I'm sure they are, but do we have anyone with the ability to go and negotiate a large contract with an organisation? Do we have anyone who is actively hunting business? 

All I see is partnerships with organisations who are touting themselves to every club in the country.

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:spoton:  Robbie Neilson is not the devil incarnate, just because Hibs fluked a Cup win in 2016.

Hearts losing to Brora, will also not be Neilson’s fault, should the Vermin win the Cup this year.

Breathtaking second paragraph. I know Robbie never takes responsibility for any failings of his team but come on!

40 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

FFS, just found out from this thread that the Saints won, turned it off after the Hun scored. 😆

Unfortunately this result increases Hibs chances of winning the cup again - not funny in my book. 😒

Edited by Thomaso

12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I'm sure they are, but do we have anyone with the ability to go and negotiate a large contract with an organisation? Do we have anyone who is actively hunting business? 

All I see is partnerships with organisations who are touting themselves to every club in the country.

To be fare she has brought in a lot of cash, not hers!

The income from 'other sources' is actually impressive! Not assured for the future!

But, a bug butt, she has alienated the support, she has not handed the club over after having been repaid! She 'thinks' she has the right to be in charge and control the agenda! She doesn't care what you. I, anyone else thinks. She acts like a 1950's owner, no better really! My baw!

I've said for years, the best option a club like Hearts have is to be taken over by, e.g. Standard Life, rename the stadium, use advertising to its extreme and invest in Hearts rather than pay for air-time etc. The company 'wins' and Hearts 'win'! Cheaper than buying into the uglies or 3rd raters like Leicester ( I love Leicester)!

Saint Jambo
3 hours ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

I was wondering why it was so quite here in one of the many hunvilles

3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Eh? 

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:cornette:

I think he just means that he lives somewhere where there are lots of Rangers fans and that now he knows that Rangers lost, he knows why his town is so quiet.

I don't think he was suggesting jkb was 'hunsville', even though it could be read that way.

Auldbenches
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

I think he just means that he lives somewhere where there are lots of Rangers fans and that now he knows that Rangers lost, he knows why his town is so quiet.

I don't think he was suggesting jkb was 'hunsville', even though it could be read that way.

Apologies to the poster, thought he meant here. 

Christ sake.

Hearts getting beaten by Brora hasn't let Hibs win the cup.

It's stopped us having a decent shout at it (if we could get up for each cup game day) as Rangers and Celtic are out.

As well as being thoroughly embarrassing.

Edited by DETTY29

8 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Another non old squirm team winning a major honour. While we scrape around in the 2nd tier knocked out both cups by clubs with less than 10% our resources or stature, one of which is literally the most embarrassing result in our history

Cheers Budge. Your complete  loser mentality, literally a midus touch in reverse, with everything you touch turning to shite, has done us proud.

Off you pop now

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Unfortunately this result increases Hibs chances of winning the cup again - not funny in my book. 😒

Well I'm taking the view that the opposite is true, St Johnstone have shown that this season they are better than Rangers when it comes to one off cup ties, in fact they have the best record in the country.

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. We heartsed it in this seasons cups ... near enough. Brora and Alloa FFS.

Wow, well played. You just invented a derogatory wee saying about our club. Hibs supporters will hold you in high regard.

This place is absolutely batshit mental. St. Johnstone beat the huns and it's Robbie's fault??? And that's not to mention it's also Hearts fault for being run by a Woman!!!!! 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This place is absolutely batshit mental. St. Johnstone beat the huns and it's Robbie's fault??? And that's not to mention it's also Hearts fault for being run by a Woman!!!!! 

I think people are upset that we have another cup competition, which neither rangers or Celtic are still in and we went out to Brora rangers.  That is Robbie Neilson fault 100% . 

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

OK. We heartsed it in this seasons cups ... near enough. Brora and Alloa FFS.

Francis Albert reveals true colours at last. Hidden it for ages, although the continual abuse of FOH, almost since the day we came out of administration, hinted strongly at it, and now allows his leanings of supporting Hibs to come out. 

No Hearts supporter would ever say what he has done, it wouldn't cross their minds, but would imagine Hibs fan use it. 

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Francis Albert reveals true colours at last. Hidden it for ages, although the continual abuse of FOH, almost since the day we came out of administration, hinted strongly at it, and now allows his leanings of supporting Hibs to come out. 

No Hearts supporter would ever say what he has done, it wouldn't cross their minds, but would imagine Hibs fan use it. 

Malinga the Slaver .

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Malinga the Slaver .

Maybe, but would never use terminology like FA did. Then again, I don't want to be praised and lauded on .Net. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe, but would never use terminology like FA did. Then again, I don't want to be praised and lauded on .Net. 

Well maybe you shouldn't read .net . . Why would any Hearts supporter read .net ? Bizarre behaviour .

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Well maybe you shouldn't read .net . . Why would any Hearts supporter read .net ? Bizarre behaviour .

I haven't read it. Why would I. He knows what he was doing. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I haven't read it. Why would I. He knows what he was doing. 

So how do you know he's praised and lauded .net ? 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

So how do you know he's praised and lauded .net ? 

Okay, will change it. I imagine he has been praised and lauded on. Net. Happy now. 

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Okay, will change it. I imagine he has been praised and lauded on. Net. Happy now. 

At least you admit you made it up ,  but why do you care about .Net ?  Who cares what the vermin say .

Bazzas right boot

Any of the 4 remaining clubs winning it is a bit shit, opportunity missed, but I've said that about 100 times in my lifetime about Hearts. 

No more so when We were 2 penalties from winning it! 

St Johnstone on for a cup double, Hibs with a decent chance along with St Mirren. 

Grim. 

Circle of influence v concern tho, we can only do what we do and hopefully in finals again next season. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Tatlock said:

Is there any other club in the World that manages to allocate blame on their manager for other teams successes? What a pile of excrement! It is how football works in the real world. teams win and teams lose, and sometimes it isn’t Robbie Neilson or Anne Budge’s fault. The cup will be won or lost by one of four teams, unfortunately none of them will be Hearts and Our manager or  owner will have no part to play in the result. Until we can settle down and get behind our own team we will be complicit in our supposed favourites inability by constantly putting untold pressure on a team we apparently love but show no such emotion to. Grow up, shit or get off the pot!

:greatpost:

And If many do a promised they'll join the few who already have got of the pot!

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You certainly have a great imagination.

12 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Hibs will be favourites to win. Bloody hell. 

That means nothing, the cup has St J written all over it.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think people are upset that we have another cup competition, which neither rangers or Celtic are still in and we went out to Brora rangers.  That is Robbie Neilson fault 100% . 

Exactly!

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What absolute nonsense!

Just now, Thomaso said:

Exactly!

Yip. It is relevant.

Hibs may well have beaten us on Sat. Maybe, maybe not.

The fact that we weren’t even in a position to play them is embarrassing.

The way other ties have panned out is even more galling.

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs with a decent chance 

You'll have your fingers crossed, eh Tosh. 

11 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

To be fare she has brought in a lot of cash, not hers!

The income from 'other sources' is actually impressive! Not assured for the future!

But, a bug butt, she has alienated the support, she has not handed the club over after having been repaid! She 'thinks' she has the right to be in charge and control the agenda! She doesn't care what you. I, anyone else thinks. She acts like a 1950's owner, no better really! My baw!

I've said for years, the best option a club like Hearts have is to be taken over by, e.g. Standard Life, rename the stadium, use advertising to its extreme and invest in Hearts rather than pay for air-time etc. The company 'wins' and Hearts 'win'! Cheaper than buying into the uglies or 3rd raters like Leicester ( I love Leicester)!

Completely agree of the financials, however its not sustainable, if Budge or any of the benefactors go, we are in a bit of a mess again, have no doubt things have moved forward off the pitch but there just feels like so much untapped potential there and then to top it all of we bring in a CEO who appears to taken early retirement.

1 hour ago, One five said:

I’m f****g gutted ! can’t stand the thought of them vermin tossers winning the cup feel a bit sick tbh 🤮

I'm not too happy about it eather but there are four other teams wanting to win it for themselves so if it happens it happens. Blaming Robbie for it is just about the daftest thing I've read on here though.

1 hour ago, One five said:

I’m f****g gutted ! can’t stand the thought of them vermin tossers winning the cup feel a bit sick tbh 🤮

Double post

Edited by 1953

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

This seasons Scottish cup has been a disaster on all fronts.

Hopefully the final will have no fans there.

Think they said it would be zero fans due to Euro 2020 prep

Ron Burgundy
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Think they said it would be zero fans due to Euro 2020 prep

Good, a tiny consolation.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You'll have your fingers crossed, eh Tosh. 

Not me. 

Only Hearts. 

2 hours ago, One five said:

Yes it could be a disaster but on the very slightly plus side, now that rangers are out it means a team out of the top two will win the cup and they will only have to play one game to get into group stages. 

Hibs will finish 3rd but now that rangers are out hibs now have to win the cup to get into playoff game where as before finishing 3rd looked good enough for group stages as normally rangers or Celtic would win the cup 

39 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yes it could be a disaster but on the very slightly plus side, now that rangers are out it means a team out of the top two will win the cup and they will only have to play one game to get into group stages. 

Hibs will finish 3rd but now that rangers are out hibs now have to win the cup to get into playoff game where as before finishing 3rd looked good enough for group stages as normally rangers or Celtic would win the cup 

Never thought of that mate, let’s just hope there luck runs out in semi’s 🙏

Malinga the Swinga
59 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yep, life just became that wee bit tougher for Hibs. 

Hopefully they can get knocked out by Kilmarnock, with Lafferty scoring hat trick. 

That way we get another thread reminding us we should have signed him. 

Don't think St Mirren, D United or St J have ex player of ours, but maybe they have. 

15 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Hearts losing to Brora was not Neilson's fault?

It must have been the dug!!!

14 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Breathtaking second paragraph. I know Robbie never takes responsibility for any failings of his team but come on!

Yes, I can see that I worded my post incorrectly.

What I was meaning was, that if Hibs win the cup, it will not be a direct consequence of Hearts losing to Brora.

I can clearly understand how you both picked me up wrongly.  

16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully they can get knocked out by Kilmarnock, with Lafferty scoring hat trick. 

Don't think St Mirren, D United or St J have ex player of ours, but maybe they have. 

Probably closest is sandy clark's son Nicky. Potential for a thread of ex-hearts players relatives we could sign?

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, theshed said:

You beautiful man.  I thought hibs were assured of the group stages for 3rd.  They'll **** this up.

Auldbenches
27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I forgot about killie still being until I saw lafferty on the bbc this morning, he'll get them.  They're not getting 2 big cups in 5 years.  Enjoy them getting their hopes up.  

15 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Probably closest is sandy clark's son Nicky. Potential for a thread of ex-hearts players relatives we could sign?

Liam Smith

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Liam Smith

Also Ryan Edwards now that he’s grown by about three feet, changed his accent, and scored at Pittodrie.

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, 1953 said:

I'm not too happy about it eather but there are four other teams wanting to win it for themselves so if it happens it happens. Blaming Robbie for it is just about the daftest thing I've read on here though.

I'm not overly worked up about it either. That novelty wore off when they broke their duck.