Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No Idle Talk

Celtic certainly had their chances in this match but I think it is fair to say the better team won. Celtic's full-backs are both garbage while Sevco's full-backs both looked really good. That made a big difference. I'd have Nathan Patterson on loan at Tynecastle next season in a heartbeat if Sevco still see Tavernier as their first choice right back.

Whoever takes the Celtic job has a lot of work ahead of them in the summer. At least half of that team needs emptied.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fecking hate Newco but the demise of Celtic has been stunning. 

Beautiful stuff. 

My thoughts exactly, as long as one of the ***** are in turmoil I’m happy enough. 

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Celtic certainly had their chances in this match but I think it is fair to say the better team won. Celtic's full-backs are both garbage while Sevco's full-backs both looked really good. That made a big difference. I'd have Nathan Patterson on loan at Tynecastle next season in a heartbeat if Sevco still see Tavernier as their first choice right back.

Whoever takes the Celtic job has a lot of work ahead of them in the summer. At least half of that team needs emptied.

We won’t get Patterson as all the supposed experts are now saying he should be in the Scotland Euros squad. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

We won’t get Patterson as all the supposed experts are now saying he should be in the Scotland Euros squad. 

I think he should be in the squad for the Euro's, Scotland have been crying out for a decent right back, but Clarke will stick with O'Donnell

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No reason Hearts can't have a Scottish International in their team is there?

If Tavernier is still viewed as Sevco's first choice right back then it's a move that could work out well for both clubs and the player. I agree with you that it probably won't happen but Hearts should ask the question. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Should be keeping tabs on him and Gilmour....

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Aberdeen v Utd

Some nomark team v Motherwell

Killie v St Mirren

Rangers v St Johnstone

We would've been playing Killie.

The way the numbers/alphabet worked for the draw means we would have had ICT's number, and been drawn away to St Mirren.

FFS.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The collapse of Celtic has been a thing of beauty.

They were there for the taking in the Cup final 

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, Walrus said:

They were there for the taking in the Cup final 

aye 2 penalties from winning it😧☹️, seems ages ago now.

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Aberdeen v Utd

Some nomark team v Motherwell

Killie v St Mirren

Rangers v St Johnstone

Motherwell will win, and it will be beautiful. On top of that, Aberdeen will be resurgent under Stephen Glass and Hibs will bottle 3rd place.

If ICT can knock off Dundee this weekend it's all on.  Tuesday night could be very good indeed.

18 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Lol, that lad will be there long after Tavernier has flown south. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pushed forward to play in front of Tavernier till that time. 

Abiola Dauda

A decision is expected today on the league 2 playoffs.  Very little press coverage. 

Even though it doesn't involve Hearts I will be furious if the playoffs are cancelled. 

No Idle Talk
6 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Lol, that lad will be there long after Tavernier has flown south. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pushed forward to play in front of Tavernier till that time. 

There's a good chance he will outstay Tavernier at Ibrox but I can't see Sevco just dingying Tavernier. Their fans were raving about him before he got injured. 

In the short term that leaves them with two viable options for the same position. As I say, Hearts should ask the question. If we get telt naw then at least we explored the possibility.

If we did get Patterson in, the next question would be: What do we do with Michael Smith?

Guest ToqueJambo
22 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

aye 2 penalties from winning it😧☹️, seems ages ago now.

Thinking back to Sutton's miss in the LC final and how close we got in two recent Scottish cup finals, not to mention the leagues in 64/65 and 85/86, with even just a tiny bit more luck we really should have been well ahead of Aberdeen in domestic trophies by now. I can't think of many close run trophies they've missed out on. Not long now hopefully.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, Abiola Dauda said:

A decision is expected today on the league 2 playoffs.  Very little press coverage. 

Even though it doesn't involve Hearts I will be furious if the playoffs are cancelled. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Thinking back to Sutton's miss in the LC final and how close we got in two recent Scottish cup finals, not to mention the leagues in 64/65 and 85/86, with even just a tiny bit more luck we really should have been well ahead of Aberdeen in domestic trophies by now. I can't think of many close run trophies they've missed out on. Not long now hopefully.

One that comes to mind is the 1991 league title. A draw at Ibrox would've done it for them if it went to goals scored. Both teams were on 53 points and a +37 GD.

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good post bud, it was ironic that they changed from goal average to goal difference after 64/65, in 86 we would have won on goal average.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Oh **** off Brechin.

It was fundamentally unfair when teams were demoted last season except for this shitty team who Managed to dodge it!

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

It was fundamentally unfair when teams were demoted last season except for this shitty team who Managed to dodge it!

Just imagine Doncaster agreeing with Brechin whilst saying that the proposed ESL is unfair because teams can’t be relegated from it.

Ferguson leaves the SPFL board then writes to them a week later, saying Brechin shouldn’t have to play play off games to stay in the league.

Remember the mantra of last summer - “there have to be winners and losers”. 

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Just imagine Doncaster agreeing with Brechin whilst saying that the proposed ESL is unfair because teams can’t be relegated from it.

Ferguson leaves the SPFL board then writes to them a week later, saying Brechin shouldn’t have to play play off games to stay in the league.

Remember the mantra of last summer - “there have to be winners and losers”. 

This.

Their QC said in court it was all about promotion & relegation. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The thing is I dont really get Brechins argument that its fundamentally unfair. Brechin will have finished the season having played 22 games and a clear last. If you included last season then it would be around 50 games played they still be last. So there is no doubt they are the 10th placed team in the league. Its up to the Highland League and Lowland league on how they pick their play-off team. There was an agreement from the teams in each league so not unfair these teams went forward. The fact its the two teams who should have played the 19/20 play off seems to make it even fairer.

I could understand if it was the other way round, as it would be unfair to relegate a team on 3 games played. But it isn't.

They should hold a vote on Brechin and the play off, I can guarantee none of them would mysteriously end up in the wrong mail box!

Fantastic point for Inverness after going 1 up with 9 men against Dundee before conceding a few mins later.

Hopefully Inverness and Stranraer can get into the playoff positions and get promoted.

August Landmesser

Partick Thistle just went top of the league, ten mins to go...

Edited by August Landmesser
Partick/Patrick potato/potato

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Top 5, Bottom 5 split after tonight. 

Leagues One and Two. 

does that mean another 4 games for each side? 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not looking good for Inverness. Still Hearts might help. Dunfermline have Arbroath and Alloa.

I reckon we'll deliberately play turgid, eye bleeding fitba, pass the ball sideways, have 1 shot on target but not score and gift the points to ICT.

Outrageous, I know, but just a hunch.

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

I reckon we'll deliberately play turgid, eye bleeding fitba, pass the ball sideways, have 1 shot on target but not score and gift the points to ICT.

Outrageous, I know, but just a hunch.

Looking forward to it. 

Good practice tonight. 

17 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

East Stirling getting them telt

Lol, Peter Lawwell gets hunted and suddenly Brechin City, Dundee and Mike Mulraney aren't all looking so fecking smug.

The Apprentice

Listening to the build up on radio Scotland. Callum Davidson giving his usual pre-match thoughts and then he’s asked by a gushing Kenny McIntyre about the prospect of Nathan Patterson as a player and if he should be in the Scotland squad for the Euros! Did he forget it was the St Johnstone manager he was speaking to FFS.

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Diver Boyle at it again apparently

Unbelievable. Feking unbelievable . Do referees never learn 🤷🏻‍♂️ He’s a serial cheat but absolutely nothing is ever done

Edited by 1971fozzy

willie wallace

Never knew 3rd.place will go straight into the group stages next season.

Unfortunately I can't see that being Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Never knew 3rd.place will go straight into the group stages next season.

Unfortunately I can't see that being Aberdeen

Hmmm pretty sure if the winner of the Scottish Cup isnt a team in the top 4 the automatic place goes to them. Also they have to play a playoff (I think) if they win, they go to Europa League, if they lose they go to the Conference Europa League (which was described as the IrnBru Cup of European football). They would be guaranteed European football until Christmas though!