*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

manaliveits105

Its amazing how the media always come away with Hearts are a big fyzical side then you watch hoofball exponents like hibs the sheep and the fermers playing eye watering boring hoofball  - but thats Scottish football praise shit and slag non conformists 

FTH 

• Replies 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

That is every game sky has covered this  season where the standard of football has been absolutely dreadful .£30million for this sh"te must be wondering if the can just void contract it's that bad

Obviously its not Neil Doncasters fault he doesnt play and just does what the clubs ask  deserves another bonus.

31 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its amazing how the media always come away with Hearts are a big fyzical side then you watch hoofball exponents like hibs the sheep and the fermers playing eye watering boring hoofball  - but thats Scottish football praise shit and slag non conformists 

FTH 

Exactly what I was thinking looking at the Sheep. The epitome of a "big fizzicul side". 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

That 'game' was absolutely ****ing awful. Standard this year has been VERY poor.

Scottish Gov and SPFL: "Fans to be allowed in soon!"

Fans: "Nah, you're alright cheers"

31 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

That is every game sky has covered this  season where the standard of football has been absolutely dreadful .£30million for this sh"te must be wondering if the can just void contract it's that bad

Showcasing Scottish football at its' best......5 games, 3 goals & let's not forget 2 games cancelled at short notice. What a coup for Sky:sleeping2:. Only another 3+ weeks of this standard in the spotlight to endure before Sky can show face again with the return of EPL,where the interest has fallen over the last few years for many viewers.

They must be delighted whereas their rivals at BT are having to put up with covering the conclusion to Champions League & Europa League from QF stage in a festival of "real" football.

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

McInnes shaking hands with everyone in sight, no elbow bumps for manky Aberdeen

Surely a fine coming our way, will we never learn!

nah. That club don’t give a shit about the virus though do they ? 
probably all out on the piss as I type. In a nightclub  in some poor town outside their lockdowned hovel

Edited by 1971fozzy

Guest ToqueJambo

It seems unfair that Aberdeen had a new player in Ross McCrorie, who St Johnstone couldn't afford.

Have Morton complained yet?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Scottish Gov and SPFL: "Fans to be allowed in soon!"

Fans: "Nah, you're alright cheers"

Drawing lots as reduced crowds. 

The losers get to go to the game. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, RobboM said:

McInnes shaking hands with everyone in sight, no elbow bumps for manky Aberdeen

Surely a fine coming our way, will we never learn!

It's a bit daft, but if they were all tested and negative it's not a big deal, no chance of spreading it. 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a bit daft, but if they were all tested and negative it's not a big deal, no chance of spreading it. 

not really. It’s about minimising the risk. As far as I’m aware shaking hands is still a no go. You can contract it and test negative for a few days can’t  you ?

point is given the shit that club has caused you’d think they’d be trying hard but no. They say they’ve had a kicking. Selfish irresponsible wankers

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

not really. It’s about minimising the risk. As far as I’m aware shaking hands is still a no go. You can contract it and test negative for a few days can’t  you ?

point is given the shit that club has caused you’d think they’d be trying hard but no. They say they’ve had a kicking. Selfish irresponsible wankers

You would think, but if all tested negative then I won't get my knickers in a twist. 

22 plus players just ran about, tackled and made contact with each other then all went in a changing room. 

If going on your theory that they can test negative but have it, then football shouldn't be allowed, no contact sports should be. 

If football is allowed due to the testing, then by default contact is.

Still a bit daft from the manager- no awareness , but folk are learning, old habits die hard n' all. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

J.T.F.Robertson

Not because we're not there (genuinely) but when you're on the outside looking in, so to speak, it brings home the fact just how shit our game really is.

Maybe Doncaster has done a good job. If you can con someone into giving 30 million quid to televise that dross.

Murder, it was.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Not because we're not there (genuinely) but when you're on the outside looking in, so to speak, it brings home the fact just how shit our game really is.

Maybe Doncaster has done a good job. If you can con someone into giving 30 million quid to televise that dross.

Murder, it was.

Itis, but  other games in the championship and epl have been poor as well. 

Too many folk watch the top English teams and watch the elite of Europe on TV then watch games in Scotland and compare. 

There are guys earning in a month what whole teams pay out in a year on wages, it's not comparable, it is a different sport Tbh.

Like watching a man's game then a women's and comparing. 

You have to take it on it's own... Or not. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Itis, but  other games in the championship and epl have been poor as well. 

Too many folk watch the top English teams and watch the elite of Europe on TV then watch games in Scotland and compare. 

There are guys earning in a month what whole teams pay out in a year on wages, it's not comparable, it is a different sport Tbh.

Like watching a man's game then a women's and comparing. 

You have to take it on it's own... Or not. 

I know all that and that the money down there is worse than obscene, but what I've watched so far is complete pish.

Other than the bobbsie twins the rest are complete shite!

Until I snuff it I won't ever give it up but it just gets more mediocre and pointless by the year. 

Poor.  Only watched lowlights on Sportscene.  Thankfully I did not suffer the whole game live on Sky.

Premiership has been without any standouts so far.  Looks to me as if it will be 10 clubs competing for the Bottom 6.

J.T.F.Robertson
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Poor.  Only watched lowlights on Sportscene.  Thankfully I did not suffer the whole game live on Sky.

Premiership has been without any standouts so far.  Looks to me as if it will be 10 clubs competing for the Bottom 6.

Only watched it due to having bugger-all else to do. Bugger-all else would have been the better option.

Maybe Hearts have spoiled me. :P

27 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Only watched it due to having bugger-all else to do. Bugger-all else would have been the better option.

Maybe Hearts have spoiled me. :P

I am still self-isolating in lockdown so I do not have the option to  do much else.

I was gasping to watch Scottish football when it first started but the fare on offer has bored me already.  I cannot wait for the Chamionship to start in October.

Dire match and was not a good indication of Scottish football. 

I thought Ali McCann was poor along with Callum Hendry. I've watched St Johnstone a few times this season. They've drastically fallen in quality since the departure of Tommy Wright. Defensively they're abysmal. I predict Callum Davidson to get the sack soon.

The young lad Campbell was hopeless. Can't believe he's a footballer. Ojo was a good laugh. Aberdeen looked unfit/lacking match sharpness. They were able to switch half the team with decent subs that made the difference. I actually think they'll come good as the season goes on. Considering they hadn't beaten St Johnstone last season not a bad result for them.  

Whenever I watch Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs, Motherwell etc. on the tv, I just wish we could get our s**t together. The potential we have as a club would blow them all out the water if we could just fulfill it. I don't believe Aberdeen or Hibs are that far ahead. A couple of decent transfer windows and we could get ahead of them.

I think Gogic, Wright and Nisbett are all massively overrated. Too much of a lovefest for Nisbett. Barring the Livingston match he looks lost in the SPL.

Edited by Gorillajam

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Murder, it was.

I forgot to even check if it was on.  If I had though, I still wouldn't have watched because I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Only Hearts.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Dire match and was not a good indication of Scottish football. 

Unfortunately it probably was. 

And all while there’s no football in England etc.

What on earth must other countries think. Any of the few interested will now of lost interest due to the awful standard. I’d love to know their viewing figures. 
Due to our expulsion and the reasons behind it (£) I gave my SKY sub a boot and cancelled so don’t have it but I watch the games by other means online. Think I’ll not even bother for free tbh as that last night (and so far) has been torture

The Internet
9 hours ago, Sertse said:

That 'game' was absolutely ****ing awful. Standard this year has been VERY poor.

This year :lol:

I like how we slag off Scottish football (rightly) for being utter shite until an English person does the same thing then we ****ing Braveheart it all over them. 

Fact is that by and large top flight Scottish football is no better in quality or entertainment than league 1 or 2 in England, and that's being kind. Lots of it is more national league level. But it's to expected when the money being spent in those leagues is probably more than most teams manage up here. 

5 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I know all that and that the money down there is worse than obscene, but what I've watched so far is complete pish.

Other than the bobbsie twins the rest are complete shite!

Until I snuff it I won't ever give it up but it just gets more mediocre and pointless by the year. 

It’s the lack of money so teams are recruiting from English Leagues 1&2 or misfits from Europe. 

Money is thrown at the EPL and Championship for them to invest in players but we are told to somehow generate a decent product before the TV companies get interested. But we are poorly marketed, it has to be said. 

Speaking about bad on sky, how the hell does Kris Boyd get on as a pundit, he can hardly string a sentence together without several mistakes or dropping into weggie truely abysmal.

Bazzas right boot

Although our league is robust, the games in general aren't any worse than the championship ones I've seen

Direct about covers it and it is largely about second balls. 

Always has been tho, that hasn't changed in my life time. 

Watched a few epl games as well for the first time - 

Leceister - Bournemouth stood out. 

2 own goals. 

1 pass pack leading to a goal

And to top it off a goal kick that the gk smacked of his centre half's back that then led to a pk. 

Comical stuff. 

Pretty. Sure I watched a bit of a Brighton game as well- awful. 

Didn't watch the game last night but heard it was atrocious. The damage top league us doing to its self is mind blowing.

Total incompetence of those running the game. 

The quality of football on offer turning away investors, advertising. 

Clubs spending but no fans paying to get in. Be interesting to know what other clubs are doing about season tickets. Are they reimbursing fans for games they can't attend? 

So every game they play without fans, it will be costing them huge amounts of money. That is clearly not sustainable. 

I see that Lawwells pupet Doncaster had been out shouting the game is doomed if there's another lockdown. I expect celtic will soon ramp that up.. 

Does it all hang on fans retuning in September? 

SectionDJambo
34 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Does it all hang on fans retuning in September? 

It all hangs on Celtic getting fans in for any European ties and their home match against Rangers, in October. They've already moved the Rangers match as far back as they could, without much thought for the other Premiership teams or the "big" kick off of the lower leagues, which could be enough of a damp squib as it is.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

Speaking about bad on sky, how the hell does Kris Boyd get on as a pundit, he can hardly string a sentence together without several mistakes or dropping into weggie truely abysmal.

Because he played for ranjurs.

Fact remains, we were bottom of that league and are now on the outside looking in in some sort of Kafka-esque nightmare. And i know where i would rather be.

Still seething 😀

1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

Mattrezzzzzzzezzzz

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I didnt think last night's game was upto English national league standard.

I regularly watch NW Counties League games - fitness aside - it's not that much better. 

Had the misfortune of watching the game last night. However, I thought that the EPL and German leagues were also really poor for the first few weeks back until they got match fit. 

Aberdeen would have been lucky to score 0 after 75 mins. However, the sad truth is that with half their team missing and lack of match sharpness they managed to do in 90 minutes what we haven’t done in 18 months and win a league game outside of Edinburgh. 

It also surprised me that despite being at fault for their own Covid-19 outbreak and rightfully getting a kicking in the press, McInnes has managed to use it to create a siege mentality in his squad.

5 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Had the misfortune of watching the game last night. However, I thought that the EPL and German leagues were also really poor for the first few weeks back until they got match fit. 

Aberdeen would have been lucky to score 0 after 75 mins. However, the sad truth is that with half their team missing and lack of match sharpness they managed to do in 90 minutes what we haven’t done in 18 months and win a league game outside of Edinburgh. 

It also surprised me that despite being at fault for their own Covid-19 outbreak and rightfully getting a kicking in the press, McInnes has managed to use it to create a siege mentality in his squad.

He is a quality manager at this level.

Others have rightly commented on how bad the game was.

A couple of comments. The game was rubbish because McInnes' Aberdeen play a stodgy, stifling game. I bet their forums had a lot of familiar complaints at 0-0.

Liam Gordon was released by Hearts. I was surprised Tommy Wright took him on. But he did a lot right. Tidy.  But that must be the worst touch under pressure to give away the goal. It's a big concern if that is the level of footballer making up teams. 

tartofmidlothian

Motherwell 

Rangers

St Mirren v County draw

United v Celtic draw

Aberdeen v Livingston draw

St Johnstone

That would do just nicely this weekend.

manaliveits105

Dick Gordon and Chick Dung desperately trying to drum up excitement for the big Lanarkshire derby - hawd mi back !!!

I notice Radio Scotland are trying to convince everyone it was Obika's goal that relegated us and not the subsequent ridiculous decisions. Two weeks in a row it's been trotted out.

🙄 

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I notice Radio Scotland are trying to convince everyone it was Obika's goal that relegated us and not the subsequent ridiculous decisions. Two weeks in a row it's been trotted out.

🙄 

Yeah I heard Chick rubbing it in again.  Honestly, they are not even trying to be partial.

12 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aberdeen have signed Marley Watkins to solve their striker crisis. 🤣

Someone updated wiki they have him as a midfielder :)  They must be excited!