*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Well done Arsenal, again.

I said Rhian Brewster would miss a penalty when they were saying Klopp was clever for bringing him on. 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Graeme D said:

Stewart and Levein on the same radio show and barely a dig between them boooooo I demand controversy😂😂😂😂

Maybe the general anti Hearts agenda is bringing them together. 

Potential good double act. High risk though. 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, Sertse said:

No Morelos all game, wonder if there's been a fall out or just avoiding injury before moving.

Both.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done Arsenal, again.

I said Rhian Brewster would miss a penalty when they were saying Klopp was clever for bringing him on. 

:muggy: 

If I'd have wanted to know the Community Shield score before the highlights, I'd have gone to read that thread.

Thought Police
4 hours ago, Graeme D said:

Stewart and Levein on the same radio show and barely a dig between them boooooo I demand controversy😂😂😂😂

Stewart has mellowed, which shows that basically all he had to contribute was his hatred towards levein. Quite funny that Levein has taken his Monday sportsound spot.

12 hours ago, Graeme D said:

Is it pronounced CONTRO-versy or CONTROV-ersy.  I go with the former.

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

In 35 years of watching Scottish football I've never given a shit which side of the OF come out on top but it would be funny as **** to see Rangers win the league and Lennon be the one who finally let them back in. 

This.

12 hours ago, Sertse said:

No Morelos all game, wonder if there's been a fall out or just avoiding injury before moving.

Think Gerrard is just letting him know who is boss. Whatever he may be Morelos is not injury prone. In over 3 years with them he has missed only 3 games due to injury. A total of 13 days injured.

Suspensions are a far bigger threat to his game time than injuries.

Livingston are a team that annoy me. And not really the club itself as such, but rather that horrific plastic rug they play on and it's cascade of black pellets flying in the air at every tackle. 

Not only is it dangerous to players it is in my mind at least a massive advantage for them. Most teams have a bit of a home edge when comparing home results to away results.

Their comparison is off the charts. If their away form could even half match their home form they would be top 3 just behind the OF.

Outside the OF Livingston have in recent seasons had the best home record in the league. In the 19/20 season they played a total of 30 league games.

At home they played 14 games which resulted in 8 wins, 4 draws and just 2 defeats. They registered a win and a draw against Celtic at home.

Away it's a different story. Played 16 away games and registered just 2 wins with 9 defeats and 5 draws. The difference is that awful plastic. It's far and away the worst of all the leagues plastic pitches. And gives them an unfair advantage.

part_time_jambo
50 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Is it pronounced CONTRO-versy or CONTROV-ersy.  I go with the former.

Are you trying to be controversal?

part_time_jambo
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Livingston are a team that annoy me. And not really the club itself as such, but rather that horrific plastic rug they play on and it's cascade of black pellets flying in the air at every tackle. 

Not only is it dangerous to players it is in my mind at least a massive advantage for them. Most teams have a bit of a home edge when comparing home results to away results.

Their comparison is off the charts. If their away form could even half match their home form they would be top 3 just behind the OF.

Outside the OF Livingston have in recent seasons had the best home record in the league. In the 19/20 season they played a total of 30 league games.

At home they played 14 games which resulted in 8 wins, 4 draws and just 2 defeats. They registered a win and a draw against Celtic at home.

Away it's a different story. Played 16 away games and registered just 2 wins with 9 defeats and 5 draws. The difference is that awful plastic. It's far and away the worst of all the leagues plastic pitches. And gives them an unfair advantage.

14 home games 16 away? Only in Scotland!

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It’s a much bigger advantage than, for example, some other team training in safe conditions whilst others are banned. 

17 hours ago, neilnunb said:

United humped, County and St Midden lose.

Better weekend 👍

H1b5 to lose, will make it a even better weekend.

FTH 

Man I watched the last 20 minutes Ham-Ran game. 

It was so incredibly bad. 

The more i look at the decision to abandon last season, the bigger the negative impact it was to Scottish football. 

Obviously the integrity of the league is gone. 

Its shown no club in a good light, simpley consumed by money. 

No working together to get all games televised. We are one of the few leagues actually playing at the moment. We will never get a platform like this to sell our game again. 

But the fact that its the start of the season, no fans, no big sell. Means end product will actually be turning football fans off watching again. Fans don't watch, sponsors won't be interested. 

Huge missed opportunity.

We should have finished the league and televised all games. Given the players, clubs, fans, media something to be interested in.. 

We could have started this season later or changed it.. 

The Scottish footballing authorities are shortsighted imbeciles.. 

30 minutes ago, jumpship said:

The more i look at the decision to abandon last season, the bigger the negative impact it was to Scottish football. 

No working together to get all games televised. We are one of the few leagues actually playing at the moment. We will never get a platform like this to sell our game again. 

But the fact that its the start of the season, no fans, no big sell. Means end product will actually be turning football fans off watching again. Fans don't watch, sponsors won't be interested. 

Huge missed opportunity.

We should have finished the league and televised all games. Given the players, clubs, fans, media something to be interested in.. 

Totally agree but the SPFL were panicking that UEFA would have called the league thereby preventing Celtic being crowned champions and missing qualification to the Champions League. Funny how things work but this has backfired. Under Doncaster and his wee pal Lawell only Celtic matter in Scottish football. 

37 minutes ago, martoon said:

If Hibs do have a Covid case will their game be postponed?

Not as far as I know.  Just read the piece about the said player getting a second test at the NHS.  They think it's a false positive.  They're awaiting the result soonish. The match will continue regardless. 

If there are multiple players positive then it's a different matter, I think they would postpone. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/12059693/coronavirus-unnamed-hibernian-player-provides-indicative-positive-covid-19-test

Edited by HMFC01

So technically Hibs lose a player through self isolation for 14 days,Aberdeen players broke the rules but are able to play.Fitness allowing of course.They laughed at us for trying to show up the gross incompetence of this organisation 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

BBC Breakfast showed the Hun goals yesterday and mentioned that Celtic were playing today.

No mention of an arguably bigger game at Easter Road today. 

Nothing new there. All they care about are the ersecheeks. 

Anyway. Feck them all. 

I'll watch Gowser in the A League Grand Final then stick on the cricket.

Not bad for Gowser.  Did he play centre half. Could do a job for us maybe ☺ only 31yr old. 

2 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

So technically Hibs lose a player through self isolation for 14 days,Aberdeen players broke the rules but are able to play.Fitness allowing of course.They laughed at us for trying to show up the gross incompetence of this organisation 🤷‍♂️

The link I posted says 10days isolation. 

14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The link I posted says 10days isolation. 

Sorry never seen link,just an irate son in law Hibs fan😂 text me with story.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Big test of Hibs' title aspirations, today.

And no, I'm not joking.

Aberdeen have been rubbish when I’ve seen them so far. Hopefully Aberdeen kick them off the park and sneak a goal from corner or a pen 

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Odd how they do nothing when others are affected but become irate when they are finally affected by the fact the SPFL is a useless mixture of corruption and incomptence. This goes for each and every club.

They could all have stood with us and watched it burn down to be replaced by something better - instead they all chose to laugh because it was big bad Hearts for some reason.

I do hope they enjoy their medicine, albeit a small dose compared to the gallons we had to swallow. **** em. 

Edited by Gizmo

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Not as far as I know.  Just read the piece about the said player getting a second test at the NHS.  They think it's a false positive.  They're awaiting the result soonish. The match will continue regardless. 

If there are multiple players positive then it's a different matter, I think they would postpone. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/12059693/coronavirus-unnamed-hibernian-player-provides-indicative-positive-covid-19-test

Cheers, bud. 

3 hours ago, jumpship said:

Huge missed opportunity.

Good concise summary 👍(notwithstanding that I genuinely believe that Hearts have been shown in a good light, albeit having been beaten about the head from all sides by the self-interested short-sighted numpties).

There have been numerous really good posts on JKB covering the stuff that you're concerned with (as we all are). From suggestions regarding what could easily have been implemented to 'do no harm' right through to what could be possible as regards doing a 'FOH' type revolution for T.V.

But, why oh why could those in charge not have simply canvassed every club at the outset as to their ability to field a team this season on a 'worst case scenario'? Thereafter, what money was left in the kitty could've been used to pay for 'mothballing'; Anderson's very generous gift could've been used by each mothballed club to do whatever necessary to maintain local interest; thus we could've had 2 properly prepared divisions kicking off at the same time and would've been in a position to re-assess things for next season depending on what transpires.

"Huge missed opportunity" you say? "The Scottish footballing authorities are short sighted imbeciles"? You are being WAY too kind. Bleedin' understatements of the year! 👍

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Feel dirty but hopefully motherwell and the sheep win today. 

Sounds OK to me, I won't be singing about it, will laugh though. 

38 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

David Turnbull on the bench shock. Get used to it son. 

Thanks dad. 😆 Seriously though, that shower must have more £s worth of players sitting on their bleedin' bench than we have in our entire squad. So no change there, eh? Just makes us stopping their unbeaten run all the better, although, for me, nothing beats the semi-final in 2012. ❤❤G❤

Lennon being manager that ‘loses’ 9.79 in a row would be ****in brilliant.

He’d end up in the loony bin.

So for that reason, I want Rangers to win the league.

If anyone is listening to the Celtic game and wants to put up some updates that'd be cool. 

BBC website is down so no clue what;s happening. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If anyone is listening to the Celtic game and wants to put up some updates that'd be cool. 

It's on the sportsound digital.  Celtic winning 1-0 brown yellow carded for a foul.  Forest scored.

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nae neck has put them 1 up 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, HMFC01 said:

It's on the sportsound digital.  Celtic winning 1-0 brown yellow carded for a foul.  Forest scored.

Wait, brown whit??? Yellow whitted???

You trippin son???

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Wait, brown whit??? Yellow whitted???

You trippin son???

Well, he doesn't get sent off much so I am hopeing he gets one today.  Yep he's been booked.

Interesting fact, at least I think it's right.  He's not been sent off at home since before 2014.  If anyone can find it, let me know :) last time he was sent off at home.

He's had 1 red card a year away from home randomly.  Like once every year or 2.  He's only had 1 red card maximum a year over 16 years. nearly.  I think that's including cup games.

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/brown-scott/K4DKRkRe/

Edited by HMFC01

tartofmidlothian

Gogic out after the testing episode and Hibs not allowed to train yesterday, Aberdeen will be happy at that.