*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

The Frenchman Returns

Reminded me of when we lived in Bathgate. Stayed at the old Academy which is above the town, we would open the windows and listen when the game kicked off. Normally heard the first sirens in the first half.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DETTY29

All depends angle ref has.

First two camera angles looked a dive only for 3rd to confirm it wasn't.

On the very odd occasion things go against the arse cheeks its always amusing. They’re always so bemused because it almost never happens.

Get that round you Stevie ya greeting faced bellend. 

Mikey1874

Livingston might struggle now they've used up all their bookings.

allystrachan

Shit teams like Hamilton & Ross county start winning when things get to the nitty gritty. They know how to scrap & survive. I wonder if Killie can get going again & avoid the drop.

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Shit teams like Hamilton & Ross county start winning when things get to the nitty gritty. They know how to scrap & survive. I wonder if Killie can get going again & avoid the drop.

Was just thinking about talking to Killie fans a few years back when they may have been sitting 2nd. They were genuine older guys.

Told them to enjoy the ride as long as Clarke was in charge.

alwaysthereinspirit

I’m assuming that Livingston are a nasty bunch of dirty bar stewards going by the number of cards they’ve received.

Newco on the other hand are just a well coached  group of professional footballers.

Awbdy Oot
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Gerrard bookings

Kind of get why he got the yellow, maybe even a straight red, but can't see why he got 2 yellows.

NANOJAMBO
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Pars v Rat Rovers postponed due to positive covid test at Dunfermline 

Belter. 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Kind of get why he got the yellow, maybe even a straight red, but can't see why he got 2 yellows.

Ref expects you to shut up after you've been booked. Or what Beaton expects.

OmiyaHearts

What a season Callchan is having. 10 goals in 25 games I think?

I'd take half a Ross Callachan in our team just now.

OmiyaHearts
13 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’m assuming that Livingston are a nasty bunch of dirty bar stewards going by the number of cards they’ve received.

Newco on the other hand are just a well coached  group of professional footballers.

Rangers finished about 70% possession, you don't need to tackle when you have the ball. 

Bongo 1874

Rangers only team trying to play football, if Livingston had gave half the effort they did tonight against Rangers, they would've been more than a match for St Johnstone their on Sunday. 

I'd be pissed if i was a livi supporter. 

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Rangers finished about 70% possession, you don't need to tackle when you have the ball. 

And you don't want to risk anything on that pitch.

Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers only team trying to play football, if Livingston had gave half the effort they did tonight against Rangers, they would've been more than a match for St Johnstone their on Sunday. 

Livi only play well against us😮did you watch them on sunday, garbage, another tinpot club.

55 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If I was a livi fan I’d be starting to wonder if Martindale is any good as a manager, time will tell I suppose.

Bongo 1874
24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Livi only play well against us😮did you watch them on sunday, garbage, another tinpot club.

Yeah i can't understand why their manager had Bartley playing out on the left, the only reason i can understand is he tried to stop Conway for St Johnstone, but Bartley got torn a new one. 

Which sums up Scottish football. 

Livi could've had a go what did they have to lose? 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874
Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If I was a livi fan I’d be starting to wonder if Martindale is any good as a manager, time will tell I suppose.

Yeah 👍

JDK2020
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

You're pretty much spot on with that.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Don’t think he’ll last long

5 hours ago, graygo said:

You mean the vicious demeanour by pointing and saying you're bang out of order to the referee in front of the referee's colleagues, whilst only half way through the match.   I mean that's got to sting abit for anyone.   I could imagine myself sending him off.    I wasn't sure why he got a second yellow either but I think it must have been another throw away comment like useless so and so.   Or just repeated his bang out of order comment.   I couldn't hear it though.   I'm going back in for another listen.  Just for kicks. ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01
Awbdy Oot
7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

You mean the vicious demeanour by pointing and saying you're bang out of order to the referee in front of the referee's colleagues, whilst only half way through the match.   I mean that's got to sting abit for anyone.   I could imagine myself sending him off.    I wasn't sure why he got a second yellow either but I think it must have been another throw away comment like useless so and so.   Or just repeated his bang out of order comment.   I couldn't hear it though.   I'm going back in for another listen.  Just for kicks. ☺ 

He was swearing at the referee constantly, that can get you a straight red. Not saying it should just that it could.

Rogue Daddy
9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Gerrard was shown two yellow cards at half-time by John Beaton, who booked Morelos for diving after a challenge by Livingston goalkeeper Max Stryjek.

But Morelos netted with three minutes left to edge Rangers closer to glory.

"It's a stonewaller," Gerrard said.

"What I can't stand for at this level is three people making the same mistake. They all had clear views of it. I could see it and I'm the furthest away.

"They all got it wrong together - I can't have that. I asked for an explanation and [Beaton] refused to speak to me. You are talking about officials at a top level of the game."

...where have we heard that before! 🤣🤣🤣

Footballfirst

A nice equaliser from St Johnstone last night. Bergkampesque!

SectionDJambo

Instead of ignoring any questions from managers, if put in a coherent, non abusive way, why doesn't Beaton just reply that he gave his decision based on what he saw from where he was? 

Just ignoring managers is only going to rile them even more, resulting in the red cards shown to Neilson and Gerrard.

Having said that, Gerrard only recently bemoaned the fact that refereeing decisions were being reviewed to Rangers' disadvantage. He was pushing for referees to be allowed to do their job without being undermined by tv analysis later. 

Ultimately, if players didn't try to cheat so often, the referees would have an easier job.

John Findlay

Sevco have appealed the yellow card. I dont think the appeal will be upheld. If it is then Gerrard will get off too.

Mikey1874
26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sevco have appealed the yellow card. I dont think the appeal will be upheld. If it is then Gerrard will get off too.

Did you not see the goalkeeper kick Morelos 

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No.

John Findlay
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No.

Smith's right boot
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No.

There's no limit! 👍

GinRummy
22 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Reminded me of when we lived in Bathgate. Stayed at the old Academy which is above the town, we would open the windows and listen when the game kicked off. Normally heard the first sirens in the first half.

I went to primary school at the Old Academy. Was an extension of Balbardie Primary at the time. Lovely old building that I couldn’t appreciate at the time. Always remember the pillars. 

Tommy Brown

Just looked at the table and St Mirren in top 6, thought our last game of last season.

Got our act together and won, St Mirren relegated.

If your auntie had baws as the saying goes.

Mikey1874
18 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just looked at the table and St Mirren in top 6, thought our last game of last season.

Rangers last league defeat was against Hamilton at Ibrox.

That and another win straight after saved Hamilton. 

1971fozzy

Kilmarnock will go down I think. I’d hoped Ross County but think they’ll be in the play offs

1971fozzy
On 04/03/2021 at 19:18, Tommy Brown said:

they have a decent manager who’s done well tbf

Footage and photos all over the place of thousands of cavemen gathered outside Ibrox just now celebrating their title. The police watching them and politely twiddling their thumbs so far. 

Australis
13 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Footage and photos all over the place of thousands of cavemen gathered outside Ibrox just now celebrating their title. The police watching them and politely twiddling their thumbs so far. 

Unbelievable what is going on.

The police standing around doing nothing.

No social distancing, no masks.

And I bet no action taken by anyone including the government.

JackLadd

Should get the batons and horses on them. Media slapping their backs but never mention the cheats run at a 15m a year loss. 

Rangers scored twice and St Johnstone scored, just need us to win and it's a good day!

milky_26
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

But they can't officially win it until tomorrow if Celtic don't win v Dundee United

martoon

Grant Brebner 0 Paddy Kisnorbo 6 in the Melbourne derby.

Smith's right boot

Aberdeen have chucked it, giving Hibs 3rd place.