*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Just now, maroondevo52 said:

Noticed Arbroath have stopped showing how many tickets are left for sale for Saturday's game.

They had sold 290 home and 40 away last time I looked.

🤣🤣🤣 beautiful 

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maroondevo52 said:

Noticed Arbroath have stopped showing how many tickets are left for sale for Saturday's game.

They had sold 290 home and 40 away last time I looked.

🤣

Guest ToqueJambo

And they called Raith and Dundee our "rivals" this season. Would be amazing if they get overtaken by Caley. Dundee not making the playoffs would be as enjoyable as our title.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Need Alloa/Dunfermline to draw Friday although still chance Dundee could be second bottom. That would be ideal. 

Alloa vs Dundee on Friday night. Pars at home to ICT on Saturday.

It's over!

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Be good for Scottish football.  Sell both grounds and get a stadium built elsewhere.  Fans would never accept it but hey ho. Feck em.

Good for Dundee but not Edinburgh?  How does that work?

According to BBC it was Ridgers with the assist for ICT's goal.

Nice silky, multi-pass build-up? Perhaps not :lol: 

The Apprentice

As it stands only 9 points between Dunfermline in 2nd and Arbroath in 9th. ICT and Ayr winning has really tightened it up. Dundee in 4th but could easily end up in a relegation play off (hopefully). Alloa will definitely fancy their chances against them on Friday night. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Charlie Adam certainly ripping up Scottish football. 

And Cummings just can't stop scoring. Crazy we never signed him.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

As it stands only 9 points between Dunfermline in 2nd and Arbroath in 9th. ICT and Ayr winning has really tightened it up. Dundee in 4th but could easily end up in a relegation play off (hopefully). Alloa will definitely fancy their chances against them on Friday night. 

Genuinely think I would pass out laughing if Dundee get relegated. That chain of events would be something even Hibs couldn't engineer.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Dundee getting relegated would be amazing!  Can’t see it but you can hope. 

Saint Jambo

So what's the line troops? I want to ensure I'm on message.

Tonight's results show we need to sack the Robbie the Phoodle because...

"... it just shows how bad the rest of the league are. We should be undefeated and have the league wrapped up already."

or

"...the fact we are having to worry about Raith and Dundee's results shows the level to which we've sunk."

or maybe just

"I HATE ANN BUDGE SHE HAS DESTROYED MY CLUB".

Imagine if we had a manager underperforming their budget as badly as McPake. That would genuinely be awful.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Good for Dundee but not Edinburgh?  How does that work?

Ok I’ll bite...

Edinburgh has about 4 times the population of Dundee and have the attendances to sustain 2 teams. Have you seen the state of Dens and Tannadice compared to Tynecastle and Easter road?

A United Edinburgh team probably would be the only realistic way we’d challenge the OF though so you are right in that regard. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Dundee getting relegated would be amazing!  Can’t see it but you can hope. 

We never thought Hibs would be relegated at this point of the season but Jason Cummings had a plan.

He's at Dundee now.

See what I'm getting at?

davemclaren
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

We never thought Hibs would be relegated at this point of the season but Jason Cummings had a plan.

He's at Dundee now.

See what I'm getting at?

Good point. 

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

So what's the line troops? I want to ensure I'm on message.

Tonight's results show we need to sack the Robbie the Phoodle because...

"... it just shows how bad the rest of the league are. We should be undefeated and have the league wrapped up already."

or

"...the fact we are having to worry about Raith and Dundee's results shows the level to which we've sunk."

or maybe just

"I HATE ANN BUDGE SHE HAS DESTROYED MY CLUB".

Imagine if we had a manager underperforming their budget as badly as McPake. That would genuinely be awful.

Same as ever : it's  a really, really, really, really competitive league ie ALL  the teams are Tom Kite. 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Ok I’ll bite...

Edinburgh has about 4 times the population of Dundee and have the attendances to sustain 2 teams. Have you seen the state of Dens and Tannadice compared to Tynecastle and Easter road?

A United Edinburgh team probably would be the only realistic way we’d challenge the OF though so you are right in that regard. 

Im just curious why some people think it would be a good idea to merge Scotland’s 6th and 7th biggest clubs but think merging the 3rd and 4th biggest would be ridiculous. 

Edinburgh has nothing like 4 times the population of Dundee, more like double. 

And a united Edinburgh team would have no chance of competing with the OF and would be hugely unpopular with fans of both clubs.  As it would in Dundee.

Edit:  We’re both wrong - Edinburgh’s population is 3 x Dundee’s!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Im just curious why some people think it would be a good idea to merge Scotland’s 6th and 7th biggest clubs but think merging the 3rd and 4th biggest would be ridiculous. 

And a united Edinburgh team would have no chance of competing with the OF and would be hugely unpopular with fans of both clubs.  As it would in Dundee.

Edinburgh metro area has nearly 4 times the population of Dundee metro area. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Edinburgh 525k. Dundee 149k. As of last estimate.

Thought Dundee was more like 180 to 190

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Edinburgh 525k. Dundee 149k. As of last estimate.

Apologies, you’re correct, I thought Edinburgh was only about 450,000.

Point still stands though - would be ridiculous to merge Hearts and Hibs or Dundee and Dundee Utd. As much as I’d quite happily see Dundee disappear after last year’s shenanigans, Scotland needs more big clubs not less. 

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely think I would pass out laughing if Dundee get relegated. That chain of events would be something only Hibs could engineer.

FTFY 😁

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought Dundee was more like 180 to 190

Just now, Barack said:

Oh, I'm not getting involved. I was actually curious myself. Didn't think it was only double, but wasn't sure about Dundee's population in all honesty.

Not that they matter. 😎

I was initially thinking, before Googling, that it was around 200k but was probably thinking of Aberdeen.

gashauskis9

The scenes when Dundee lose to Partick in the championship play off 😬😬😬🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🥴🥴🥴😱😱😱💦💦💦

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Edit:  We’re both wrong - Edinburgh’s population is 3 x Dundee’s!

Like I said in my original post, fans would never accept it. It was hypothetical in that a team that could average 15k - 20k would be better for Scottish football than 2 clubs that average 5k and 8.5k and have 2 ramshackle stadiums in the same street.

The same way a hypothetical Edinburgh United could have 40k fans, turnover of £25 million and would be in a better position to challenge the OF.

Numbers I was working from were 537k and 149k from a quick Google, “about” 4 times as I said.

Anyway it was a throw away statement, I don’t actually care for either Dundee clubs and won’t be surprised if one of them, maybe even both disappear in the next 10-15 years. 

Are Raith Rovers still a ‘threat’ to Hearts championship hopes?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Sleepless nights ahead methinks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

228k. How depressing.

That's the high estimate. 227990 no marks,  10 decent folk  🙄

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Like I said in my original post, fans would never accept it. It was hypothetical in that a team that could average 15k - 20k would be better for Scottish football than 2 clubs that average 5k and 8.5k and have 2 ramshackle stadiums in the same street.

The same way a hypothetical Edinburgh United could have 40k fans, turnover of £25 million and would be in a better position to challenge the OF.

Numbers I was working from were 537k and 149k from a quick Google, “about” 4 times as I said.

Anyway it was a throw away statement, I don’t actually care for either Dundee clubs and won’t be surprised if one of them, maybe even both disappear in the next 10-15 years. 

Merging Hearts and Hibs or Dundee and Utd wouldn’t double the crowds though, many fans would be lost and have nothing to do with it.  And even if Edinburgh Utd did get 40,000 where would they play?

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Merging Hearts and Hibs or Dundee and Utd wouldn’t double the crowds though, many fans would be lost and have nothing to do with it.  And even if Edinburgh Utd did get 40,000 where would they play?

Are you just winding me up now? 

30 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Unless Dundee have some form of a revival, McJakey will get the sack.

You'd think their game at Alloa on Saturday is a must win for McPake. A draw might not be enough to save his neck.

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They'd play at Mercer Park. 

The Dundee Twitter page is an absolute riot tonight. I am howling with laughter. My favourite so far is this simple tome:

:rofl:

Edited by trotter

SomethingAboutObua

Not a fan of them merging but I think they should investigate groundsharing. Dundee clubs could build a quality stadium on Tannadice or Dens, groundshare in the other for a year or 18 months and come out of it with a state of the art city centre stadium with double the budget they could build on their own. Instead Dundee are trying to build a stadium in Camperdown, out of town and an hours walk/45minute bus from Dens? 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

🤣🤣

Was he not also spouting off before the recent league game?

Must feel like a right tit. 😁

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Must feel like a right tit. 😁

"There will be expectation on them to win every week in front of an expectant crowd"

Naïve in the extreme. Didn't really get much right, did McNostradamus (apart from the expectation bit).

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Oh ma sides 🙄😒🤣

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Dundee are better equipped- McPake just doesn't have a clue.

Surprised he hasn’t gone yet tbh. 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Obviously a monetary decision. As in they cant afford to sack him at this time.

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Me too but when he does I hope we won’t see him ever again 😂