*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I predict at least 12 points lead once all games caught up. 

Yep. And worse case scenario the SG give Scottish football a red card we are out of sight. So promotion 👍  pretty sure that’s how it works or thereabouts

• Replies 63.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Did someone not start a thread after their game with us wanting him instead of Robbie 😆

He schooled Neilson in that first 45, I learned

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Inverness down to ninth. Not going well for Neil McCann so far.

Robbo’s got a difficult job to do when he gets back .

Harry Potter
54 minutes ago, a11ank said:

Well there will be no raucous celebrations on the streets of Raith tonight😍 

Another dose o medicine for them, aye streets o raith will be quiet tonight.

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Whats this in relation to?

Hamilton chairman wrote to sturgeon about and mentioned Celtic as the other half of the old firm. Think to do with their trip to dubai, where nobody tested positive for Covid, apart from 2 players, as well as the protests they had at Celtic Park. 

Appears Celtic now playing the "we're not the same club" card now as well, in being part of the double act. 

Edited by chubby1973

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Morton done what we couldn't do, beat Inverness up there.

That sort of thing happens in a league. 

39 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

Hamilton chairman wrote to sturgeon about and mentioned Celtic as the other half of the old firm. Think to do with their trip to dubai, where nobody tested positive for Covid, apart from 2 players, as well as the protests they had at Celtic Park. 

Appears Celtic now playing the "we're not the same club" card now as well, in being part of the double act. 

Scary isn't it?  And their fans lap it up!

They're sold this rivalry and absolutely bite time and time again.  It's got to be one of the largest-scale ongoing brainwashes of all time!

The OF are so aligned on a corporate level on all things business.  You telling me they don't have pretty constant chat about what best suits their joint needs? 

Hey, hunny-bunnies, you fancy colt teams? 

Yeah, Timmykins, let's also push for higher prize money. 

Ooh, nice idea, we could also ask to do away with development fees. 

Yep, but remember we hate each other. 

Oh yeah, up the ra! 

Hee hee, yeah, ftp.

Remind me, whose turn is it at whatabootery bingo?

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Nope, that means Morton are better than us.  And my dad could batter your dad.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Whats this in relation to?

I would imagine being the other half of the Old Firm, and rightly being criticised for their fans behaviour outside grounds this season too. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would imagine being the other half of the Old Firm, and rightly being criticised for their fans behaviour outside grounds this season too. 

Celtic have been able to set themselves as on their own. 

I guess they still benefit from having Rangers. They can be questioned for taking their eye off the ball. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic have been able to set themselves as on their own. 

I guess they still benefit from having Rangers. They can be questioned for taking their eye off the ball. 

FF shared some links yesterday in this thread showing they both share the rights to the term Old Firm. Closer than they would ever like to admit. 

Dave King in today's Scotsman calls for revamp of our football authorities.  He openly accuses Lawwell of having too much influence - we all know that - bit concedes that in their time Rangers also had too much.

How one changes that is a problem.  Do we want the chairman/owner of some shitty little diddy team influencing major decisions?  But of course that is already happening.

The whole system needs kicking out, but vested interests will always prevail.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

FF shared some links yesterday in this thread showing they both share the rights to the term Old Firm. Closer than they would ever like to admit. 

Profiteering from bigotry

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Profiteering from bigotry

Indeed, I think David Murray admitted it years ago when saying they only had around 20k fans in Glasgow. Success is a part of it obviously but bigotry is the main one. 

Niemi’s gloves
43 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Dave King in today's Scotsman calls for revamp of our football authorities.  He openly accuses Lawwell of having too much influence - we all know that - bit concedes that in their time Rangers also had too much.

How one changes that is a problem.  Do we want the chairman/owner of some shitty little diddy team influencing major decisions?  But of course that is already happening.

The whole system needs kicking out, but vested interests will always prevail.

I think that one minor but helpful change would be for the representatives of each division on the SPFL board to be appointed by rotation not election. Election sounds more democratic but the reality is that the system is to open to manipulation if one large club is determined and powerful enough.

A bigger issue is the relation between the SFA and the SPFL. At the moment we have the SPFL acting as an avowedly members’ organisation but also exerting power and influence over the SFA, which is supposed to be the governing body. To my mind, the SFA should be the senior body, funded by a levy on its member bodies, and committed to the best interests of all of Scottish football. 

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Read the history of the Scottish Cup final of 1909. Publicly they will do the we hate each other.

Privately at boardroom level they are in cahoots with each and are as thick as thieves together.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Read the history of the Scottish Cup final of 1909. Publicly they will do the we hate each other.

Privately at boardroom level they are in cahoots with each and are as thick as thieves together.

Thick as thieves is an apt description 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I think that one minor but helpful change would be for the representatives of each division on the SPFL board to be appointed by rotation not election. Election sounds more democratic but the reality is that the system is to open to manipulation if one large club is determined and powerful enough.

A bigger issue is the relation between the SFA and the SPFL. At the moment we have the SPFL acting as an avowedly members’ organisation but also exerting power and influence over the SFA, which is supposed to be the governing body. To my mind, the SFA should be the senior body, funded by a levy on its member bodies, and committed to the best interests of all of Scottish football. 

I think you make a lot of sense.  Rotation would probably help remove unhealthy  cliques as well.

A more major change would be to see the whole corrupt cesspit brought down. The only way I see this happening is via climate change

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

This, always have been. They're nothing without the other. The talk of an "apocalypse" hitting Scottish football if Rangers went down the leagues or out of business completely was not because people were worried about the end of Rangers but because they were worried about the end of the Old Firm, which is all the TV companies are interested in. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This, always have been. They're nothing without the other. The talk of an "apocalypse" hitting Scottish football if Rangers went down the leagues or out of business completely was not because people were worried about the end of Rangers but because they were worried about the end of the Old Firm, which is all the TV companies are interested in. 

And it really isn't. Or doesn't have to be, more like.

Lots of countries who don't have a massive rivalry like that have better TV deals than we do. Not seen it for a while but the list of TV deals better than ours is always eye watering.

We don't get what we get because the OF bump up our price, We sell ourselves short BECAUSE we only sell the OF.

Barry Hearn, possibly British sport's greatest ever promoter, made a point of this fact.

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Lots of countries who don't have a massive rivalry like that have better TV deals than we do. Not seen it for a while but the list of TV deals better than ours is always eye watering.

We don't get what we get because the OF bump up our price, We sell ourselves short BECAUSE we only sell the OF.

Barry Hearn, possibly British sport's greatest ever promoter, made a point of this fact.

My thoughts exactly. 

Arthur Morgan
10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Of course, but my point is, we really should be beating these sides. We're lucky we don't have a consistent challenger in this league, as we've been poor for the majority of it.

35 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Of course, but my point is, we really should be beating these sides. We're lucky we don't have a consistent challenger in this league, as we've been poor for the majority of it.

We've also been dominant for the majority of it. 

Check out the league table or the results. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Definitely. The blazers and media are in thrall to the OF. Pretty sure Graeme Speirs said we'd be like the Irish or Welsh league even just without Rangers. Cringe.

Arthur Morgan
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We've also been dominant for the majority of it. 

Check out the league table or the results. 

Still been poor, and should be doing better imo. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Still been poor, and should be doing better imo. 

We did much better on Saturday compared to the previous 3 or 4 games.

On 09/03/2021 at 21:10, davemclaren said:

Inverness play Raith at home on Friday night

and at Starks Park next Tuesday . hope ICT win both 

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

you could also say if we had a consistent challenger we would have fought and got more wins than we currently have

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Marciano to leave Hibs at seasons end after rejecting new contract

Weird keeper, solid most games but every now and then seems to have a total clanger is what I've observed. Sounds like he's happy to go be a 3rd choice keeper and double his salary - fair play

13 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Weird keeper, solid most games but every now and then seems to have a total clanger is what I've observed. Sounds like he's happy to go be a 3rd choice keeper and double his salary - fair play

I think he's been Hibs' most consistent keeper since Andy Goram (Where's Yer Wife?), they'll have a tough job replacing him, which is great, they need another Zibi :)

😁

3-2 Inverness :cussing: come on!   Get intae them McCann! 

Iam getting the best TV reception all season from BBC Scotland.    All the hearts games I watched had interference.    Not talking from an aerial, digital.   ☺. 

Edited by HMFC01

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another must win game for Raith.

Unless their ambition is the play offs. 

They won't be unhappy if they don't get promoted this year as they're far from clear if they can afford to be in the Premiership.  They're going completely full time next season so might require another Championship year before making a push for promotion.  

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Adam King on loan from Dundee United. Did I hear that right?

yes, signed for them in summer of 2019. 

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Adam King on loan from Dundee United. Did I hear that right?

Yes.   He's playing for Raith.  29.01.21 date of loan start. 

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

They won't be unhappy if they don't get promoted this year as they're far from clear if they can afford to be in the Premiership.  They're going completely full time next season so might require another Championship year before making a push for promotion.  

How will it cost them money to play in prem?