*** Other Scottish football match thread, for anyone who gives a ****

tartofmidlothian

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

It’s actually 2 major trophies in 137 years so I suppose it’s how you look at stats that counts. Congratulations to them but I wouldn’t be going overboard about their trophy haul....

Well both stats are correct (assuming yours is correct) and 2 in 7 years for a club with a 3k support is pretty impressive but I’m much more concerned about our trophy haul. Ours doesn’t look that bad if you go back all the way to 1874 and Aberdeen are only slightly above us due to a golden decade in the 1980’s but none of us are 140 years old and the return since 1962 isn’t good enough for a club our size.   

• Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not answering personal( and stupid) questions about my place of work! 

If you think I'm a Troll report me or kindly get back on topic as ironically by asking where I work, telling lies about me liking hibs wining cups and speculating if I'm a Troll or employed by Hearts.... Is you trolling me for reasons best known to yourself. 

You did want Hibs to win the cup though, you said so yourself.  

You’re right on one thing though - no need to reveal your place of work on here but I did think it was strange you didn’t just deny it!

Yes, I do think you’re a sad little troll and people like you spoil the board for everyone else but I’m just going to pop you on ignore like I should have done ages ago.  Hopefully not too many people quote you. 

57 minutes ago, martoon said:

That mob thought it was in the bag, LL.

Only time I've thought that was Dens '86 (young, daft and naive), the 2006 squeaky bum final and 2012.

Once wrong, once nearly wrong and once completely vindicated.

They'd only reached the semi.

True man.  

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't agree with you so you are "DELUDED". 

Settle down, soldier. 

We'll probably bin about 10 players and get around that number in. 

Nothing to be afraid of imo, there won't be a time  I'm afraid of a team where Scott Robinson is the star performer.

Nothing to be afraid of imo, as we proved last time and even Utd are proving now to a point. 

You can think different OFC and be shiting yourselve at the thought of promotion. Each to thier own. 

Ya dancer another squad overhaul just for a change.  We struggle to beat Morton and Inverness yet nothing to fear of teams that actually look like teams. 

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well both stats are correct (assuming yours is correct) and 2 in 7 years for a club with a 3k support is pretty impressive but I’m much more concerned about our trophy haul. Ours doesn’t look that bad if you go back all the way to 1874 and Aberdeen are only slightly above us due to a golden decade in the 1980’s but none of us are 140 years old and the return since 1962 isn’t good enough for a club our size.   

Strange way to look at our numbers.  What about our return since 1998?

We've won more Scottish Cups since 1998 than most clubs have won ever.  Only ourselves, Aberdeen, Queens Park & OF have more than 3 in total.

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I must say it grates me that They’ve now won the Scottish Cup & League Cup in the last 6-7 years.

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

We've won more Scottish Cups since 1998 than most clubs have won ever.  Only ourselves, Aberdeen, Queens Park & OF have more than 3 in total.

Not to mention we’ve been unlucky in the last 2 cup finals.

57 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Can’t imagine anyone is shitting themselves at the thought of promotion, but anyone who believes at this moment in time we are any better than bottom 4 relegation fodder is sadly deluded 

Until we inject energy pace and aggression and two quality central defenders in the side then next season will be the same as last season 

Correct you say it better than me because I’ve gave up the willpower with him and Torque.  At Least Al is becoming more realistic as to how shit it is.

Yes, woohoo we empty another ten players in the summer another turnover and building this season for sod all.  It’s mortifying people thinking this is reasonable.  

3 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Not to mention we’ve been unlucky in the last 2 cup finals.

Failing to turn up in the first half of the last final wasn't bad luck. 

Jeffros Furios
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not answering personal( and stupid) questions about my place of work! 

If you think I'm a Troll report me or kindly get back on topic as ironically by asking where I work, telling lies about me liking hibs wining cups and speculating if I'm a Troll or employed by Hearts.... Is you trolling me for reasons best known to yourself. 

:cornette:

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

What position was Gordon.   I think he was a striker.    Sounds like Davidson could have had a hand in his signature as well.   He's getting plaudits working with youth players. 

Centre half. 

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Centre half.

Was around the squad for a while. 

Correct 👍 an another player that wasn't rated. 

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

2015. Had him for a few days training. I accept we can all change our minds but similar to Dykes IMHO, had both them in and he decided there was obviously no potential in either. 

Hindsight a wonderful thing, but considering our recruitment in this time, speaks volumes for how pitiful we have been and are...but hopefully Savage actually has us getting rough diamonds in etc....

👍

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, WageThief said:

It’s not really though and probably depends on your age.  If you’re only in your 20s or 30s and you’ve seen 3 Scottish Cups then you’re probably thinking it’s not bad, we regularly win things but if you’re a lot older like me then it doesn’t look as good and many of us had to wait a long time to see our first trophy.  

Likewise, young Aberdeen fans must think it’s pretty pish supporting them and very rarely winning anything despite lots of top 2 and 3 finishes but Aberdeen fans in their 50s have been spoiled with their success in the 80’s - something that will never happen again unless someone rich pumps a lot of money into a non OF club. 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I must say it grates me that They’ve now won the Scottish Cup & League Cup in the last 6-7 years.

It’s hard not to look at that and think what might have been.  We could have been sitting on back to back Scottish Cup wins and all of a sudden our stats look a lot better. Fine margins....

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not really though and probably depends on your age.  If you’re only in your 20s or 30s and you’ve seen 3 Scottish Cups then you’re probably thinking it’s not bad, we regularly win things but if you’re a lot older like me then it doesn’t look as good and many of us had to wait a long time to see our first trophy.  

Likewise, young Aberdeen fans must think it’s pretty pish supporting them and very rarely winning anything despite lots of top 2 and 3 finishes but Aberdeen fans in their 50s have been spoiled with their success in the 80’s - something that will never happen again unless someone rich pumps a lot of money into a non OF club. 

Simply, you quoted Hearts success over a long period to make it sound shit and Saints over 7 years. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Simply, you quoted Hearts success over a long period to make it sound shit and Saints over 7 years. 

It is shit though!  Even if you want to go like for like over the same period of 59 years, it’s 3 for us and 2 for them.  Or comparing short term they have 2 to our 0 since 5-1. We’re struggling to compete with St ****ing Johnstone!

Lots of clubs have won one trophy over the last 20/3O years, even Raith Rovers so these things happen.  But SJ have done it twice now in 7 years, they’ve been consistently punching above their weight in both league and cups.  It’s some achievement although they were brutal to watch under Tommy Wright, not seen them this season so don’t know if their style of play has changed. 

41 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ya dancer another squad overhaul just for a change.  We struggle to beat Morton and Inverness yet nothing to fear of teams that actually look like teams. 

We were in the bottom 6 and he told us things were going to be fine.  We are even worse off and he still thinks we are doing ok.  

Folk like him.and budge are the reason we accept mediocrity. 

I honestly think Budge can't reveal bothered any more and that us why she didn't go through an interview process for a new manager. 

Why limit you options?  Other clubs have interviewed potential managers through this period why not us? 

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I see what you mean, but St Johnstone are hardly impressing over your lifetime then, rather than a select 7 years which might well be their golden era.

I agree, as late 30s myself we've had it pretty good compared to those in their 60s.  In more than just Scottish Cup wins.

Even since 1962, we (probably) still regularly win things by non-OF standards.  Which is a sad state of affairs if I'm right.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Said myself earlier thank god they got beat in the semi as you’d have to have fancied hibs today and even though it’s a Mickey Mouse cup I don’t  want that lot winning anything 

I had to have a week off work when they won the Championship.

1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Mulraney destroyed him in semi final against Inverness,someone just text me🤷‍♂️Any one remember this? Honestly can’t remember Mulraney destroying anybody.

Mulraney was one of our best players in the 3-0 v Inverness so possibly

Edited by bigcoll

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I see what you mean, but St Johnstone are hardly impressing over your lifetime then, rather than a select 7 years which might well be their golden era.

I agree, as late 30s myself we've had it pretty good compared to those in their 60s.  In more than just Scottish Cup wins.

Even since 1962, we (probably) still regularly win things by non-OF standards.  Which is a sad state of affairs if I'm right.

No they’re not but I consider SJ a diddy club!  

Yes, but you’d expect us, Hibs and Aberdeen to win the most outside OF and that Is pretty much the case although I think Dundee Utd have won more than us and Hibs over that same period (like Aberdeen, a golden period in the 80’s). 

1 hour ago, skinnybob72 said:

Failing to turn up in the first half of the last final wasn't bad luck. 

Your correct.

how the **** can you not turn up for a major final?

Beggars belief. What more incentive do you need?

45 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s hard not to look at that and think what might have been.  We could have been sitting on back to back Scottish Cup wins and all of a sudden our stats look a lot better. Fine margins....

Fine margins indeed.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

I personally hope we get a overhaul in the summer and get better quality in. 

I would be concerned if we never added significantly to the team. 

You fear them all you want. 

Loved McLaughlin of BBC Scotland's comment that Saints "were now the second most successful club in Scotland in silverware terms in the past 10 years".

Letting the disappointment of his celtic leanings get the better of him there.  :clyay:

Edited by JDK2020

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Loved McLaughlin of BBC Scotland's comment that Saints "were now the second most successful club in Scotland in silverware terms".

Letting the disappointment of his celtic leanings get the better of him there.  :clyay:

That makes no sense. Does he mean this season?

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

We were in the bottom 6 and he told us things were going to be fine.  We are even worse off and he still thinks we are doing ok.  

Folk like him.and budge are the reason we accept mediocrity. 

I honestly think Budge can't reveal bothered any more and that us why she didn't go through an interview process for a new manager. 

Why limit you options?  Other clubs have interviewed potential managers through this period why not us? 

I think with Ann, she’s concerned more about how the club looks from the outside than than how it’s doing.  i8 was right all along.  She will be smiling to sponsors saying top of the league Craig was done harshly and asking for money in a brochure while us fans who have supported the club for 30 odd years just want to see a team on the pitch that give a shit man. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

We should have won it.  

Said Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton & Livingston. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Said Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hamilton & Livingston. 

We had Alloa then would have been the shite. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry mate, my bad, I omitted his words "in the last 10 years"

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Last ten years.  Although if it wasn’t for injuries we would have won the champions league by by now. 

So the thread that apparently is about the rest of Scottish football turns into another one for the usual suspects to put the boot into Hearts. 
Perfect, just perfect. 

Edited by Tazio

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Last Laff said:

We had Alloa then would have been the shite. 

Numbers would be different and then who knows. Rangers would have had Livingston in semi and Saints in final. 

Unless you lose final, the 'we should have won it' talk is shit. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

So the thread that apparently is about the rest of Scottish football turns into another one for the usual suspects to put the boot into Hearts. 
Perfect, just perfect. 

Yep, they wouldn't like to miss chance to criticise 'their club'. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Last ten years.  Although if it wasn’t for injuries we would have won the champions league by by now. 

In your head maybe. We are the only club other than Celtic to get to consecutive Scottish cup finals in the last 10 years mind you.

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Perfect, just perfect. 

👍

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

So it's 6 hours since St Johnstone last won the League Cup and 60 years since we did.

Your UK clock is broken. 😀

37 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I think with Ann, she’s concerned more about how the club looks from the outside than than how it’s doing.  i8 was right all along.  She will be smiling to sponsors saying top of the league Craig was done harshly and asking for money in a brochure while us fans who have supported the club for 30 odd years just want to see a team on the pitch that give a shit man. 

It does look like we should've concentrated on getting the actual football side of things before we gave a lot of focus to other projects.  How the first team have done seems to vindicate what i8 was saying all along.   Surely we can't be dar away from the handover now? 

I've asked those who think she is doing well what her successes on the football side of things are but they never answer. 

4 years of being told that it'll all be ok and still being told that it will be alright next season. 

Why did she never publish the review of the football 'dept'? 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

So it's 6 hours since St Johnstone last won the League Cup and 60 years since we did.

You must have known that either livi or st Johnstone were going to win it tho. 

Can't have been a shock to you? 

37 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe if the club started doing well we will stop going on about it.  Easy solution.  

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Congrats to St J, If Davidson gets them in the top 6 that would be an incredible season for them, would take davidson at us.

Lost count of the amount of times he was rumoured to be coming to us as a player. 

Guest ToqueJambo

46 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yes, come on the famous Jammy Dodgers - "Away up in Gorgie at Tynecastle Stadium"

Just shows how winning a trophy in Scotland can be done. St Johnstone a team with a fraction of the support and resources of Hearts and no need to implement a 5 year plan have won 2 trophies in the last 10 years. Farsical 

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Just shows how winning a trophy in Scotland can be done. St Johnstone a team with a fraction of the support and resources of Hearts and no need to implement a 5 year plan have won 2 trophies in the last 10 years. Farsical 

Good coaching teams make a difference eh, something we haven't had since 2012.

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Lost count of the amount of times he was rumoured to be coming to us as a player. 

He was a good player but did we not have Naysmith at the same time he was at Saints?  Can’t remember who moved south first.