Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• neilnunb

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The list of third-rate diddy clubs that have won the league cup since Hearts did continues to grow.

It’s an appalling litany of failure for a club our size.

It is. If we hadn't ****ed Hibs 5-1 in the Cup final  I'd be suicidal. It still carries weight thank god. But people are beginning to see what is wrong now.

6 minutes ago, assessor said:

Was going to list who has won it since us, too depressing.

Only the big Cup wins in 98, 2006, and 2012 ease the pain. Especially the first one.

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

So the thread that apparently is about the rest of Scottish football turns into another one for the usual suspects to put the boot into Hearts. 
Perfect, just perfect. 

Back to the Shed is the only answer.  👍

Let the ‘experts’ rip Hearts apart in the comfort of their own wee ‘Neilson out’ zone.

One word for this scenario is too much, one thousand words are not enough.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Back to the Shed is the only answer.  👍

Let the ‘experts’ rip Hearts apart in the comfort of their own wee ‘Neilson out’ zone.

One word for this scenario is too much, one thousand words are not enough.

Deep.

😊

Edited by martoon

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, assessor said:

Just thinking, who hasn't won the league cup since we last did... Alot of teams have....

Even "one trophy in the last 25 years" Aberdeen have won it since we have! That's how embarrassing our LC performances have been.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Just shows how winning a trophy in Scotland can be done. St Johnstone a team with a fraction of the support and resources of Hearts and no need to implement a 5 year plan have won 2 trophies in the last 10 years. Farsical 

To be fair we won 2 SCs in the previous 10 years. What about Aberdeen - one LC in 25 years to our 3 Scottish Cups? Or Hibs with their one SC in 100 years?

The cups are winnable but hard as the OF tend to be good at them but it's been great since Rangers imploded to see so many different winners. And also good to see Celtic's stranglehold on domestic trophies come to a crashing halt this season. I wanted Livvy to win but fair play St J. They were mostly shite last season and earlier this season. Just shows how things can turn around.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Centre half.

Was around the squad for a while. 

Thanks.   That went right over my head.    I didn't even notice him playing in the starting eleven.    For some reason I thought he came on as a sub, also thought he was younger.   I done a bit of research on him from wiki ☺.    Seems to have been part of raith youth, brought to hearts by then manager mcglynn 2012 June.   Given three year deal, mcglynn sacked in February 2013, looks like Gordon just didn't get a chance to impress and was consequently let go.    Obviously he jumped at the chance to sign for St Johnstone because he's a fan, so is his family.  https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclusive/st-johnstone-defender-liam-gordon-hoping-to-become-a-hero-with-boyhood-club/

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Centre half. 

Thanks. 

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

National Cup final and no highlights or coverage on BBC or STV. 

Must be only country who would allow this to happen. 

It really is pathetic. No doubt a Rangers v Celtic final would be a different matter. 

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

In your head maybe. We are the only club other than Celtic to get to consecutive Scottish cup finals in the last 10 years mind you.

Nobody remembers or cares who gets to the final, as you have ably demonstrated.

Hibs lost the 2012 and 2013 finals, although to be fair they won the singing in 2013.

At the time we used to laugh at them for being more concerned with being a well run club than they were with onfield performance, and of course the reality was despite 2 cup final appearances they were so badly run that they ended up playing Championship football.

Imagine that.

Let's all laugh at Hibees...

Edited by fancy a brew

13 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You did want Hibs to win the cup though, you said so yourself.  

You’re right on one thing though - no need to reveal your place of work on here but I did think it was strange you didn’t just deny it!

Yes, I do think you’re a sad little troll and people like you spoil the board for everyone else but I’m just going to pop you on ignore like I should have done ages ago.  Hopefully not too many people quote you. 

You're the one spamming this thread slagging off our club. What is wrong with our so called supporters that they can't see any thread without jumping in and slagging us off. Plenty of match day threads to do this. I mean now folk are having a go at our manager for not signing some st. Johnstone player 6 years ago, just because he scored a goal??

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

So the thread that apparently is about the rest of Scottish football turns into another one for the usual suspects to put the boot into Hearts. 
Perfect, just perfect. 

There is no way that these guys support Hearts.

KyleLafferty
12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Numbers would be different and then who knows. Rangers would have had Livingston in semi and Saints in final. 

Unless you lose final, the 'we should have won it' talk is shit. 

The numbers would have been the same just to let you know.

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Just shows how winning a trophy in Scotland can be done. St Johnstone a team with a fraction of the support and resources of Hearts and no need to implement a 5 year plan have won 2 trophies in the last 10 years. Farsical 

Almost as good as winning three Scottish cups in 14 years. Bloody totally farcical. What were the Heart of Midlothian playing at between 1906-1954, and again between 1962-1998? More to the point what were St Johnstone playing at?

Miscalculation from Cornelius Davidson the Saints manager?  Said they had to wait 137 years to win the League Cup. Only started in 1946🤷🏻‍♂️

🙃

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Miscalculation from Cornelius Davidson the Saints manager?  Said they had to wait 137 years to win the League Cup. Only started in 1946🤷🏻‍♂️

🙃

Hearts didn't win it from 1874  to the mid fifties. Disgusting

13 hours ago, weehammy said:

The list of third-rate diddy clubs that have won the league cup since Hearts did continues to grow.

It’s an appalling litany of failure for a club our size.

Yeah, maybe Hearts are a 4th-rate diddy club then?

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Almost as good as winning three Scottish cups in 14 years. Bloody totally farcical. What were the Heart of Midlothian playing at between 1906-1954, and again between 1962-1998? More to the point what were St Johnstone playing at?

During that period between 1906 and 1954, we had some of the greatest players to play for Hearts. It just seems to be a part of our dna that we have underachieved over many years. Mind you, that period included 2 world wars, one of which decimated an outstanding team who looked capable of winning championships, and almost certainly would been champions in 1915. Possibly a chance to build a habit of winning trophies taken from us.

The decline that Hearts slipped into from 1962 until a smaller top league finally saw us relegated in 1977 was a disgrace. Only when Wallace came in and brought some real professionalism back to the club did Hearts finally start to make a real mark on Scottish football again, although the severe disappointments continued until 1998.

We can probably count ourselves lucky to have seen a relatively successful period for Hearts, in that we have seen 3 Scottish Cups. It's not a satisfactory situation, but Hearts do seem to have a knack, over many years, of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Since the 1950s, we have managed to lose the league championship, on the last day, 3 times, although on one of those occasions we didn't go into the final match at the top of the league.

Jim Jefferies teams, during his first spell, showed what can be achieved and how much we can compete, with limited funds. I think the biggest disappointment, currently, is that our club are not showing the same ambition and attack minded attitude that we have seen can provide excitement and genuine interest. That is what has to change, in my opinion.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

During that period between 1906 and 1954, we had some of the greatest players to play for Hearts. It just seems to be a part of our dna that we have underachieved over many years. Mind you, that period included 2 world wars, one of which decimated an outstanding team who looked capable of winning championships, and almost certainly would been champions in 1915. Possibly a chance to build a habit of winning trophies taken from us.

The decline that Hearts slipped into from 1962 until a smaller top league finally saw us relegated in 1977 was a disgrace. Only when Wallace came in and brought some real professionalism back to the club did Hearts finally start to make a real mark on Scottish football again, although the severe disappointments continued until 1998.

We can probably count ourselves lucky to have seen a relatively successful period for Hearts, in that we have seen 3 Scottish Cups. It's not a satisfactory situation, but Hearts do seem to have a knack, over many years, of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Since the 1950s, we have managed to lose the league championship, on the last day, 3 times, although on one of those occasions we didn't go into the final match at the top of the league.

Jim Jefferies teams, during his first spell, showed what can be achieved and how much we can compete, with limited funds. I think the biggest disappointment, currently, is that our club are not showing the same ambition and attack minded attitude that we have seen can provide excitement and genuine interest. That is what has to change, in my opinion.

We managed that in 5 years this time. Get in!!

18 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

In your head maybe. We are the only club other than Celtic to get to consecutive Scottish cup finals in the last 10 years mind you.

Get the open top bus out then. 

Cory McNamara

David WotherspoonMichael O'HalloranStevie May won both Scottish Cup (2014) & Scottish League Cup (2021), while playing for St Johnstone. It's nice to see other clubs in Scotland win something, big victory for them. Congrats!

Moment of the match, Shaun Rooney's goal.

TELEMMGLPICT000252167704_trans_NvBQzQNjv

JS26523839.jpg

Edited by Cory McNamara

Guest ToqueJambo

So are teams measured on how closely together they win the two different cups now? 🤣 That is some weird spin from St J or whoever came up with that, and of all the things to have a go at Hearts about I'm not sure this is one of them.

Taking Aberdeen for example, I think our 3 Scottish Cup wins since '98 trumps their 1990 SC and 2014 LC "double" by some distance.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

So are teams measured on how closely together they win the two different cups now? 🤣 That is some weird spin from St J or whoever came up with that, and of all the things to have a go at Hearts about I'm not sure this is one of them.

Taking Aberdeen for example, I think our 3 Scottish Cup wins since '98 trumps their 1990 SC and 2014 LC "double" by some distance.

Relax FFS, it was something that the tim media came up with as a dig at sevco. It has no official standing. 😆

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Relax FFS, it was something that the tim media came up with as a dig at sevco. It has no official standing. 😆

Celtic made it up? That's even more weird. I suppose they've nothing else left to celebrate this season than St J winning the LC 🤣

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic made it up? That's even more weird. I suppose they've nothing else left to celebrate this season than St J winning the LC 🤣

Not so much celtic themselves, more some of their many friends in the media. The one I saw cracking the gag was baldy McLaughlin of Beeb Glesga  😆

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cole Stockton just scored from Morecambe why did we let him go.

He missed a sitter in his first game (goal incorrectly given).

And got Cathro sacked missing another sitter v Dunfermline

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Inverness in Dundee. 

👍 Never saw that on my list of tonight’s games.  Don’t know if I missed it or if it was right at the bottom of the screen next to the Peruvian women’s U21 league.   Some of these bookies don’t seem to rate our football for some reason.

Dundee could get to within 9 (10 really due to goal difference) with 9 games left. They shouldn't even be that close. Sigh

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Dundee could get to within 9 (10 really due to goal difference) with 9 games left. They shouldn't even be that close. Sigh

Beat us on Saturday and it’s 6 points 

( if they win their 2 games in hand) 

Saturday is huge and we must beat them 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

We must not LOSE to them. It's not ideal but a draw, no one gains between Hearts n Dundee. Yes, either of the other two might gain ground but defeat is the worst scenario. 

I'm not even going to guess how Neilson will view it. But it will be extraordinary if he goes 4231 again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

We could lose 5 out of our last 9 and still win it 

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Would you put you money on us winning a must win game against anyone if they got within a few points of us ?

This season yes, last season no.

Just now, jambopilms said:

Would you put you money on us winning a must win game against anyone if they got within a few points of us ?

Nah. It also leaves it partly in the hands of officials as well as our unconvincing  band of  players.  They go into Saturday with no form. There is no argument there. What is in Hearts favour is the gap plus the games between their rivals. 

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

Todorov pulls one back for ICT

Woo-hoo. 

Not joking, sadly.

😊