Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, communist said:

You're missing the point, the clubs voted to end the season to gain access to end of season funds above all else. 

We were a bonus. 

And it is totally shite, unjust, unfair, but I'm over it. 

You're over it, just like that, really?  To be honest, the anger in me increased on Saturday, and continues tonight. I can't understand how any Hearts fan can just be "over it", it's going to be with me for a very long time.

If you're happy to hand over £20/25 to a club who voted to do us harm then that is for you to live with, it won't be me.

We've been ejected into a shitty league that can't or won't play for another 2 months, and at the first signs of a sustained spike - which will inevitably come - we will see football out with the Premiership shut down again as these tin pot clubs can't afford testing. This is going to continue to harm us financially, and the season might not be completed, then what?

Yes, we are a bonus to these clubs, so why hand over your cash as a bonus? let them suffer, hell mend them.  A shut down around the turn of the year will kill some of them off and in normal times I'd be gutted to see that happen, instead it'll be a wry smile. Let them start again at the very bottom of the pile.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Knowing Ann like we do, I suspect we would have tried to find a solution where no team was unfairly punished for finishing the season early. 

I reckon we would have made a lot of noise prior to the vote to try and resolve it better. 

Possibly, maybe I'm just more cynical in thinking we'd have voted to end the season to guarantee survival, so I can easily understand the selfishness and lack of unity when it came to the vote. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, the SPFL isn’t going to change due to a smaller Hearts away support either. 

No however it might make some of these clubs that voted us down to think more about how they vote in the future and be more aware of how they can affect others instead of their self centred thinking. 

1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

You're over it, just like that, really?  To be honest, the anger in me increased on Saturday, and continues tonight. I can't understand how any Hearts fan can just be "over it", it's going to be with me for a very long time.

If you're happy to hand over £20/25 to a club who voted to do us harm then that is for you to live with, it won't be me.

We've been ejected into a shitty league that can't or won't play for another 2 months, and at the first signs of a sustained spike - which will inevitably come - we will see football out with the Premiership shut down again as these tin pot clubs can't afford testing. This is going to continue to harm us financially, and the season might not be completed, then what?

Yes, we are a bonus to these clubs, so why hand over your cash as a bonus? let them suffer, hell mend them.  A shut down around the turn of the year will kill some of them off and in normal times I'd be gutted to see that happen, instead it'll be a wry smile. Let them start again at the very bottom of the pile.

Pretty much. I still think it was a total disaster of a scenario and handled embarrassingly badly by the same cretin that continually talks our game down. 

But last season was woeful, rarely have I been so angry watching that team of chicken hearted wimps slumping around the pitch. The biggest shame is the squad we assembled, and the management team that festered for so long. Relegation was quite honestly realistic months (and even the season) before covid. 

It's entirely a separate issue I know, and it doesn't justify the vote at all, we quite possibly could have stayed up, but who knows? I think the displays on show had prepared me for the championship. We were shite at winning football matches, that's the real crux here. 

if you look at my previous posts, at the start of all this, I stated that court and appeals would fail, cos its Scottish football and the court system we are talking about. Hardly honest steadfast pillars of reliability and common sense. Boycotts won't change either of these, it won't change the outcome. I just don't see an outcome or an end that can now satisfy the fans, or the ones who want to boycott I mean. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, communist said:

Pretty much. I still think it was a total disaster of a scenario and handled embarrassingly badly by the same cretin that continually talks our game down. 

But last season was woeful, rarely have I been so angry watching that team of chicken hearted wimps slumping around the pitch. The biggest shame is the squad we assembled, and the management team that festered for so long. Relegation was quite honestly realistic months (and even the season) before covid. 

It's entirely a separate issue I know, and it doesn't justify the vote at all, we quite possibly could have stayed up, but who knows? I think the displays on show had prepared me for the championship. We were shite at winning football matches, that's the real crux here. 

if you look at my previous posts, at the start of all this, I stated that court and appeals would fail, cos its Scottish football and the court system we are talking about. Hardly honest steadfast pillars of reliability and common sense. Boycotts won't change either of these, it won't change the outcome. I just don't see an outcome or an end that can now satisfy the fans, or the ones who want to boycott I mean. 

So we deserved to go down?

This whole thing doesn’t make me lose sleep - much bigger things to worry about than that - but in a footballing sense, I will never ‘get over it’ and I certainly will never forget or forgive. 

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, communist said:

There is no solution that will placate the fans, the dirty deed has been done and there is hee haw we can do about it. It's finished and we have to take our medicine.  Only time will see the anger subside, but it will never be forgotten, and particularly when that girning CEO shows face.  I can't see how anyone can be "over it" right now.

What we can do though is "take out business elsewhere", refuse to spend money with someone that sought to do us harm. I wouldn't be returning to a retailer who sold me a dodgy telly and told me to sing for a refund. If anyone rips you off you don't return for more of the same.

So for next season at least, when Hearts are away, do something else. Give your money to Hearts/FoH/Specific Boycott fund, go and watch your local non-league team instead, do anything that doesn't involve giving a cash boost to Ayr or Raith or Dundee or others.   What sort of harm it does to them is open to debate, but what it certainly doesn't do is give these charlatans a financial boost.

Fourcandles
15 minutes ago, communist said:

OK simple question...... are you an FOH contributor ???

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So we deserved to go down?

This whole thing doesn’t make me lose sleep - much bigger things to worry about than that - but in a footballing sense, I will never ‘get over it’ and I certainly will never forget or forgive. 

We didn't deserve to go down in a footballing sense as the season wasn't complete. 

However, the vote took place, the clubs voted for the quick cash and to end the season, not enough chairman cared about real sporting integrity so we find ourselves where we are. 

The SPFL, court of session and then an arbitration panel failed to find any fault in the process, its sickening after all the rumours and chat about nelms Doncaster etc, but I'm fed up of it all now, and I still keep coming back to the playing squad and management failing us more than anyone. 

Did I expect help or charitable votes from other clubs? Not at all, and why should I. I don't care for them anymore than they care for us, but I still want to enjoy an away day. 

3 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

OK simple question...... are you an FOH contributor ???

The 3 question marks are a bit much. 

Of course I am.

Fourcandles
Just now, communist said:

The 3 question marks are a bit much. 

Of course I am.

Every month your FOH donation comes out there is a 2 word Description against the transaction.

What are they ?

1 minute ago, Fourcandles said:

Every month your FOH donation comes out there is a 2 word Description against the transaction.

What are they ?

Go cardless 

Wtf is this? 

3 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

What are they ?

Maybe I could PM you my full name and you can vigorously search the fans strip for me. 

Or i'll wear a pink carnation in my top pocket at the next shareholders dinner so you can spot me. 

Get a grip mate, people have different opinions, it's a big old world out there. Instead of asking ridiculous questions and inferring I'm not a hearts fan, why not have a pop at conversing. Its not as easy, granted, but you might manage. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Maybe you're correct.

When will your boycott end? 

Do you think hearts would have voted to reject the end of season proposal, if we were 2nd bottom? 

Pointless discussion, but Budge has already said she would. She was clear that she fundamentally believes relegating teams due to an early shutdown because of a pandemic is unfair.

Guest ToqueJambo

We didn't deserve to go down in a footballing sense as the season wasn't complete. 

However, the vote took place, the clubs voted for the quick cash and to end the season, not enough chairman cared about real sporting integrity so we find ourselves where we are. 

The SPFL, court of session and then an arbitration panel failed to find any fault in the process, its sickening after all the rumours and chat about nelms Doncaster etc, but I'm fed up of it all now, and I still keep coming back to the playing squad and management failing us more than anyone. 

Did I expect help or charitable votes from other clubs? Not at all, and why should I. I don't care for them anymore than they care for us, but I still want to enjoy an away day. 

Why? They are two separate things. It should be possible to both accept we had a terrible season and believe we were treated exceptionally unfairly. We had 24 points to play for, more than enough to escape relegation. While some lily-livered, leave-early Hearts fans may have been resigned to going down, most I'm sure looked at those 24 points and thought we had a good chance of staying up.

Ross County were on the worst run of form in the league and we had them at home in a week or two; Hamilton were bookies favourites to go down; and it was more likely we would start getting results against the teams around us than Hamilton and St Mirren would continue beating teams they rarely beat. Unless you're one of those people who leaves games when Hearts are 2-0 or 2-1 down with 15 to play, there was everything to play for.

It's also very possible (as they've done it before) that Hibs could have been dragged into the relegation fight with a couple of bad results leaving them in the bottom 6.

Edited by ToqueJambo

been here before
1 hour ago, Fourcandles said:

What are they ?

Go cardless 

Wtf is this? 

🤣

Not quite Sherlock Holmes you're dealing with there eh?

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why? They are two separate things. It should be possible to both accept we had a terrible season and believe we were treated exceptionally unfairly. We had 24 points to play for, more than enough to escape relegation. While some lily-livered, leave-early Hearts fans may have been resigned to going down, most I'm sure looked at those 24 points and thought we had a good chance of staying up.

Ross County were on the worst run of form in the league and we had them at home in a week or two; Hamilton were bookies favourites to go down; and it was more likely we would start getting results against the teams around us than Hamilton and St Mirren would continue beating teams they rarely beat. Unless you're one of those people who leaves games when Hearts are 2-0 or 2-1 down with 15 to play, there was everything to play for.

It's also very possible (as they've done it before) that Hibs could have been dragged into the relegation fight with a couple of bad results leaving them in the bottom 6.

Not me my friend, I made sure to stay to the very end so they could hear me boo. 

The rest of your post and paragraphs I largely agree with, however it's all hypothetical and when the season was (stupidly prematurely) called by the muppets in charge, we were bottom and deservedly so. 

Yeah as I said I know it's entirely a separate issue, but to me, we didn't look likely to stay up at all, not unless we could have played rangers and hibs every week of course! 😆

So I suppose while others have moved on to venting their anger toward the process and clubs, I'm still hung up on the people directory employed by hearts that played us into that position in the first place. Honestly, I'm just over 20 years consecutive ST holder and I really can't remember seeing any team lacking in such basic desire and commitment when compared to last season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, communist said:

Not me my friend, I made sure to stay to the very end so they could hear me boo. 

The rest of your post and paragraphs I largely agree with, however it's all hypothetical and when the season was (stupidly prematurely) called by the muppets in charge, we were bottom and deservedly so. 

Yeah as I said I know it's entirely a separate issue, but to me, we didn't look likely to stay up at all, not unless we could have played rangers and hibs every week of course! 😆

So I suppose while others have moved on to venting their anger toward the process and clubs, I'm still hung up on the people directory employed by hearts that played us into that position in the first place. Honestly, I'm just over 20 years consecutive ST holder and I really can't remember seeing any team lacking in such basic desire and commitment when compared to last season. 

Again, it's a pointless argument. I'm guessing all these people who can now predict outcomes over an 8-game period have made fortunes from the bookies thanks to their amazing foresight?

The whole point of football is it's unpredictable. No-one would have bet on Hamilton beating Rangers at Ibrox a week before lockdown for example.

It's simply impossible to say for certainty what would have happened over the last 8 games. If I had put money on it I would have bet on Hamilton and Ross County being the bottom 2.

I find it very strange some supposed Hearts fans are still directing their ire at the club instead of focusing on the SPFL. Yes we were shit but we also had an injury crisis on a scale no other clubs have had - that's what started the slide. There's absolutely no doubt that if we'd had Naismith, Haring and co fit for longer we wouldn't have been in that position. 

Already this season Aberdeen are taking about how big a miss Cosgrove and Devlin are. Said it on another thread, if you add McKenna, Ferguson and Curtis Main to those two that is still not even as bad an injury criss as we had from October 18/19 onwards.

I agree about the lack of fight but it's no mystery why we were struggling to get out of the relegation positions when we ended up there. We didn't have a squad (or manager) suited to that battle. You could say the same of other bigger teams like Hibs, D Utd and Aberdeen that have found themselves down in the bottom 3 or 4 a lot more than we have been. We're not unique in that aspect - very frustrating but it seems to be what happens when a higher level of player finds themselves down there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pointless discussion, but Budge has already said she would. She was clear that she fundamentally believes relegating teams due to an early shutdown because of a pandemic is unfair.

Everybody bar the clowns that run our game think its unfair.

No surprise though, they are above all reason like their refs.

maroonlegions
34 minutes ago, sassenach said:

No boycott for me.

To see HMFC, I'd even dig the Channel Tunnel.

And throw my money at those who gave us it dry.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I bet he did not expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

44 minutes ago, sassenach said:

No boycott for me.

To see HMFC, I'd even dig the Channel Tunnel.

Well done in lining the pockets of those who actively harmed us. 

The snide remarks/abuse towards folk wanting to go to away games is embarrassing.

Just because folk have a different opinion to you doesn't make abuse acceptable. And calling them Hibs fans is extremely cringey.

35 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'm a football fan. Watching football is what I do.

I hardly get the chance to go away anyway due to transport from England. When fans are allowed back I hope to go to QoS because it's easy to get to, and Arbroath because it's a ground I've always wanted to go to. That'll be it, so I'm hardly lining anyone's pockets.

That’s fair enough. Apologies for the remark. 

45 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I hardly get the chance to go away anyway due to transport from England. When fans are allowed back I hope to go to QoS because it's easy to get to, and Arbroath because it's a ground I've always wanted to go to. That'll be it, so I'm hardly lining anyone's pockets.

Lot of football between England and Arbroath to choose from!

I rarely go to away games anyway so I can smugly sit here and say I'm boycotting away games. I get that some will go regardless of any organised boycott. I don't have an issue with a small group of fans attending, unfurling a big hearts flag over the empty seats and making a shit load of noise for 90 mins

4 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Lot of football between England and Arbroath to choose from!

So long as he's flying a "Feck you" flag as the train rolls through Kirkcaldy & Dundee I will allow. 😉

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, wavydavy said:

No however it might make some of these clubs that voted us down to think more about how they vote in the future and be more aware of how they can affect others instead of their self centred thinking. 

So the only affect it will have on Hearts is to have a smaller backing at away games 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Well done in lining the pockets of those who actively harmed us. 

A couple of thousand Hearts fans is hardly going to life-changing for any club.

It certainly won't be the difference between them  surviving or going bust

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So the only affect it will have on Hearts is to have a smaller backing at away games 

And have opponents with less money to spend on players.

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Boof said:

And have opponents with less money to spend on players.

£30-40k is hardly going to result ins a bid for Messi or Ronaldo

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

What are they ?

What a state to get into on the internet. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

£30-40k is hardly going to result ins a bid for Messi or Ronaldo

No, but it could fund a couple of part-time journeymen. Perhaps at a time the club is struggling with an injury crisis...

1 minute ago, sassenach said:

So really we should always have been avoiding away games then?  We've been funding our opponents for years.

I'm not aware of clubs in the past actively voting Hearts into a lower league in expectation of a bumper pay-day, but if that IS the case then I'd give it a jolly big "Yes".

The Treasurer
Just now, Boof said:

No, but it could fund a couple of part-time journeymen. Perhaps at a time the club is struggling with an injury crisis...

On balance, I think the benefit TO HEARTS of having a big away support out-weighs the benefit to Ayr Utd of signing a part-time player that failed to make it at Hamilton 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

On balance, I think the benefit TO HEARTS of having a big away support out-weighs the benefit to Ayr Utd of signing a part-time player that failed to make it at Hamilton 

The last couple of years may disagree with that line of thinking...

2 hours ago, sassenach said:

Was at Arbroath years ago. It is very, very cold.

Ex member of the SaS
44 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Can't see big supporters numbers making a difference as they will most likely be playing BCD. IF our players can't beat Championship clubs unless there is a huge support, then they are not good enough for Hearts. Any reduction in funds these clubs hope to screw out of us is a bonus. This pandemic means there are many clubs ( including Premiership clubs ) are struggling. It has been reported that should there be no fans before Christmas, even Celtic will be in trouble. Therefore clubs who deliberately harmed us in the hope we would fund their existence are in for a shock. Ok there will be some fans who will still turn up and while I refuse to berate them or call them names they must surely understand, these clubs did for us in the hope we as fans would help fund them, BUT ( for example ) 300 to 400 less Hearts fans is a big loss to teams that have similar numbers of home supporters. Not forgetting shops and businesses that also use fans to boost their income ( Chippies and pubs etc ) these people will be ( hopefully ) getting in touch with the clubs moaning their decisions have harmed their business.

Lets take Ayr as an example. Their web page quotes average attendance as:

Average Attendance
2018-2019: 2,157 (Championship League)
2017-2018: 1,533 (League One)
2016-2017: 1,857 (Championship League)

Now lets also assume Hearts would normally take upwards of 1000 to the game, but only 200 turn up. That's a big loss.

22 hours ago, Smithee said:

We need to take a step back chaps, we're all Hearts men here, none of us are the enemy.

Those who want a boycott need to understand that away days are too big to give up for many, and those opposed need to understand there's a massive swell of impotent rage at our treatment. 

Neither opinion is wrong, or poor form, theyre just different perspectives from groups who care about the same club.

Some will go to away games. Fine. The rest need to work out how to effectively use this built up spite. Is there a way to hurt other clubs or can we only do more for Hearts?

I think it's quite a simple question. 

Would you rather give the price of match ticket to Hearts through FOH or would you rather comtribute to a windfall payment to clubs who voted to inflict damage upon our club ? 

The Treasurer
58 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Can't see big supporters numbers making a difference as they will most likely be playing BCD. IF our players can't beat Championship clubs unless there is a huge support, then they are not good enough for Hearts. Any reduction in funds these clubs hope to screw out of us is a bonus. This pandemic means there are many clubs ( including Premiership clubs ) are struggling. It has been reported that should there be no fans before Christmas, even Celtic will be in trouble. Therefore clubs who deliberately harmed us in the hope we would fund their existence are in for a shock. Ok there will be some fans who will still turn up and while I refuse to berate them or call them names they must surely understand, these clubs did for us in the hope we as fans would help fund them, BUT ( for example ) 300 to 400 less Hearts fans is a big loss to teams that have similar numbers of home supporters. Not forgetting shops and businesses that also use fans to boost their income ( Chippies and pubs etc ) these people will be ( hopefully ) getting in touch with the clubs moaning their decisions have harmed their business.

Average Attendance

Now lets also assume Hearts would normally take upwards of 1000 to the game, but only 200 turn up. That's a big loss.

Agreed that the likelihood of BCD makes boycotting or attending irrelevant.

What I'm saying is that a couple of thousand Hearts fans is not going to be the difference between clubs  surviving and going bust that some boycotters seem to think.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think it's quite a simple question. 

Would you rather give the price of match ticket to Hearts through FOH or would you rather comtribute to a windfall payment to clubs who voted to inflict damage upon our club ? 

I'd rather pay to go watch hearts win a game of football. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Average Attendance

Hearts would take a heck of a lot more than 1000 fans to away grounds next season when back to normal. 

The only exceptions being grounds with limited capacity. 

I still reckon the people wanting to go are the sort of folk that only go for the day out rather than supporting Hearts. 

A bit like the tartan army types who see a 5-0 defeat as a chance to party. 

If they were actually supporting the club they would give the gate money to Hearts. 

The argument about a big Hearts support helping the team is interesting.

Ive personally lost count of the number of times a big vocal Hearts support has turned up only for the team to fail to do the same. St Mirren last season is a prime example.

But on the other hand, watching some of the EPL games BCD it was interesting that you didn’t see the same momentum shifts in games. Those tackles that get the crowd fired up which then fires up the players.

Anyway, our away form is generally so shocking that no away fans won’t make any difference. And if a squad full of internationals can’t beat the likes of Ayr Utd with no fans there or not, that would be a disgrace.

Ex member of the SaS
37 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agreed that the likelihood of BCD makes boycotting or attending irrelevant.

What I'm saying is that a couple of thousand Hearts fans is not going to be the difference between clubs  surviving and going bust that some boycotters seem to think.

Sorry have to disagree, This pandemic has clubs close to the edge and they would love us to turn up in large numbers as that could well make the difference between surviving and going into admin.

Ex member of the SaS
27 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts would take a heck of a lot more than 1000 fans to away grounds next season when back to normal. 

The only exceptions being grounds with limited capacity. 

I still reckon the people wanting to go are the sort of folk that only go for the day out rather than supporting Hearts. 

A bit like the tartan army types who see a 5-0 defeat as a chance to party. 

If they were actually supporting the club they would give the gate money to Hearts. 

I agree we would probably take more, but it was only an example. Clubs like Ayr don't have enough fans to sustain their club and exist on away fans to bolster their income. Comments on here seem to think a boycott would have little or no effect on these clubs, but we seem to agree it will.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Sorry have to disagree, This pandemic has clubs close to the edge and they would love us to turn up in large numbers as that could well make the difference between surviving and going into admin.

TBH , if a couple of thousand visiting fans once (or at most twice) in a season would have that much affect on a club surviving then I think they will most likely fold anyway

Ex member of the SaS
40 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I'd rather pay to go watch hearts win a game of football. 

Wouldn't we all, but attending doesn't guarantee a win. The points being made have nothing to do with results and everything to do with sending a message to club owners, Hearts fans won't be used to support teams that harmed us for no reason, other than they thought they could gain income from us. In that they are very much mistaken.

The whole argument is irrelevant if fans are not allowed in and this will have a huge impact on the clubs that did us harm simply to fleece the fans to stay afloat and will hasten their demise more than a boycott. However the message is the same, do us harm for no good reason and suffer the backlash.