• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No problem.

This whole sorry business has had one positive effect in bring the whole Hearts support together.

I'd not want to see any divisions forming over this subject.

It's a personal decision for all Hearts fans, there isn't a right way or wrong way.

You might be a wee bit late with that mate given some of the posts in this thread. Quite sad and disappointing to see what's happening though it's easy to understand the feelings.

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I just checked...I'm still going nowhere except Tynecastle if/when the season starts.

👍,

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Here we go again

People seem to think that clubs will go bust if we "punish" them by boycotting. Not going to happen.

I'm hardly just "handing over my cash" to clubs as a donation.

I want to watch Hearts, to do so I have to buy a match ticket. Whether I do that or not won't have an impact on the losses Hearts will make.

Yes I know you're going to say "give the money to Hearts instead"

Well I intend to do both via an increase in my FoH pledge

I can't be arsed with the attention seekers on this thread any more.

If y'all want to go - go. No one is really bothered and most accept that some will do so.

But seemingly that's not enough  so we get constant references to "clubs didnae budget for a big Hearts support" or "clubs won't go bust just because Hearts stay away" now joined by your beaut that if you buy a ticket for away games (at least , I THINK that's what you're saying) it won't help Hearts reduce their projected losses.

Who knew ? TDIL buying tickets for away games doesn't help Hearts. Amazing. 

The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I can't be arsed with the attention seekers on this thread any more.

If y'all want to go - go. No one is really bothered and most accept that some will do so.

But seemingly that's not enough  so we get constant references to "clubs didnae budget for a big Hearts support" or "clubs won't go bust just because Hearts stay away" now joined by your beaut that if you buy a ticket for away games (at least , I THINK that's what you're saying) it won't help Hearts reduce their projected losses.

Who knew ? TDIL buying tickets for away games doesn't help Hearts. Amazing. 

I hope this is just an act and you're not really as big an arse as you're pretending to be.

No-one is attention seeking. This is a topic about boycotting or not. People are stating their position and, in some cases giving reasons for that.

As I've already said, there isn't a right or wrong answer.

Pretty much torn between going and not myself......have renewed my ST for 22nd year in a row, and Juniors has been renewed for his 2nd year.

He loves away days and is ticking off the grounds he's visited.......so telling him we won't be at any didn't go down well - thankfully hes already done Dundee so wont be going there...!!....as for the rest, we will see...he wants to do Arbroath / Inverness / Morton ext so he can tick them off his list and support his team

See what happens if / when we start getting allowed back to games

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If anyone thinks that the lack of 4000 Hearts supporters and £80K in the pockets of Dunfermline and Raith won't make a difference in what will be a very challenging season for all then they don't understand economics. A quick look at the most recent accounts for Raith (small company accounts so don't show turnover) doesn't tell you much apart from they weren't a going concern for the last full season they participated in. Witholding £80K from Raith means it will have to come from the pockets of their directors. If that isn't a good enough reason not to go then I don't know what is.

No it won't.

It may mean that instead of signing a couple of wash-up journeymen, they'll have to play a couple of teenagers.

Might handicap them slightly on the pitch, but it's not going to mean the board will have to open their wallets to keep their club afloat

Glamorgan Jambo

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

No it won't.

It may mean that instead of signing a couple of wash-up journeymen, they'll have to play a couple of teenagers.

Might handicap them slightly on the pitch, but it's not going to mean the board will have to open their wallets to keep their club afloat

I did have a look at their accounts and they do depend on directors loans for survival (they have a prominent going concern warning).

Either they budget for next season (i.e. sign players) based on them having income from visiting Hearts fans or they don't. That's up to them. The idea that a sum of £80K wouldn't be meaningful for them though is nonsensical. 

3 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If anyone thinks that the lack of 4000 Hearts supporters and £80K in the pockets of Dunfermline and Raith won't make a difference in what will be a very challenging season for all then they don't understand economics. A quick look at the most recent accounts for Raith (small company accounts so don't show turnover) doesn't tell you much apart from they weren't a going concern for the last full season they participated in. Witholding £80K from Raith means it will have to come from the pockets of their directors. If that isn't a good enough reason not to go then I don't know what is.

👍

The Treasurer

We all have our views on whether boycotting will have a real impact on these clubs or not.

Truth is none of us know for sure how much of an impact it will have.

One thing however is those that think this will "make a statement" are a bit deluded.

Chances are the rags won't even mention it but if they do you can guarantee they will twist it as :

"Hearts fans turn their backs on club after relegation".

Not that fans are making some kind of protest and putting even more money into our club instead of those that shafted us

Ex member of the SaS

You know what, I am getting sick of reading excuses for going. Go if you want, BUT I know for a fact that a large reduction in gate money WILL hurt these teams. Teams that COULD have voted for reconstruction but didn't. You only have to look at average attendances to see they rely on away fans to boost their income. Well they won't get a penny from me, and a lot of others too, so go but always remember you are helping clubs that would do your club harm.

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I hope this is just an act and you're not really as big an arse as you're pretending to be.

No-one is attention seeking. This is a topic about boycotting or not. People are stating their position and, in some cases giving reasons for that.

As I've already said, there isn't a right or wrong answer.

It’s an individual choice. I support a boycott but not going to fall out with folk for going to watch hearts. The problem with hearts fans is the ones who don’t attend games at all.

4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

We all have our views on whether boycotting will have a real impact on these clubs or not.

One thing however is those that think this will "make a statement" are a bit deluded.

Chances are the rags won't even mention it but if they do you can guarantee they will twist it as :

Not that fans are making some kind of protest and putting even more money into our club instead of those that shafted us

I disagree that those of us who believe we will be making a statement are deluded. You seem to tie it in with how the media report it. I don’t care if or how they report it. It’s how we ourselves view a boycott protest that matters. 

31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You know what, I am getting sick of reading excuses for going. Go if you want, BUT I know for a fact that a large reduction in gate money WILL hurt these teams. Teams that COULD have voted for reconstruction but didn't. You only have to look at average attendances to see they rely on away fans to boost their income. Well they won't get a penny from me, and a lot of others too, so go but always remember you are helping clubs that would do your club harm.

No excuses needed for any Hearts fan wanting to go watch Hearts, despite your personal feelings surrounding the vote and subsequent relegation, its not a 'one size fits all' feeling. 

This vote hasn't changed my feelings on any rival clubs. Disliked them before, dislike them now. They all voted for self interest, hardly surprising. Take it on the chin and move on. 

HHGH 🇱🇻 

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Well said

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

👍

upgotheheads

The villain in all this is Doncaster. The way to hurt Doncaster is to hurt all of those clubs who either took his lead or refused to stand in solidarity with us and Partick. They should be looking at Doncaster and saying what the F.... have you done?

8 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

What a pile of pish!

Wont be going to any away grounds except ICT in February,  anyone who wants to go to other venues  feel free. 

I would never criticise anyone who wants to follow their team.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given what is happening in Aberdeen, it may be some time before crowds are allowed at all so the point might be moot. What is true is that the longer crowds aren't allowed the more damage will be done to the pissant clubs like Raith, which is pleasing.

I'm not a vindictive sort of chap but in the teeth of a global nightmare, the SPFL and many of their members deliberately chose to put the boot into 3 of their own family.

The more we make them pay for that and the longer we make them pay, the better.

As G K says, Covid might have them paying for a lot longer as well.  No one would wish that on anyone except that they used Covid to punish us.

Have a nice day you treacherous gits.

7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

The villain in all this is Doncaster. The way to hurt Doncaster is to hurt all of those clubs who either took his lead or refused to stand in solidarity with us and Partick. They should be looking at Doncaster and saying what the F.... have you done?

This is exactly the target here,  but,but I was only doing your will!

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s an individual choice. I support a boycott but not going to fall out with folk for going to watch hearts. The problem with hearts fans is the ones who don’t attend games at all.

I disagree that those of us who believe we will be making a statement are deluded. You seem to tie it in with how the media report it. I don’t care if or how they report it. It’s how we ourselves view a boycott protest that matters. 

Deluded was maybe too strong a word, no offense meant

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sorry, it wasn’t intended as such towards you.

I just get frustrated that many, not you, seem to be playing down the financial hit that these clubs have been happy to dump on us. The Raith Rovers “leader”, couldn’t understand why Hearts fans might not turn up at Starks Park, and Donald Findlay couldn’t believe that Hearts might prefer not to loan players out to the likes of Cowdenbeath. They like to think we are a soft touch, or they have been drawn in by the baying mob over the last few months, to think anything goes.

I really fear that we, as a support, are going to show the same lack of determination, to fight back against these clubs, as the team has over the last 18 months. 
Of course, it will probably be academic, since there seems little chance of being able to go to any games, home or away, any time soon.

Good post

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

What a pile of pish!

I'm not so sure.

I know no-one who supports Hearts (rightly) cares what the red top rags think or say about us, but plenty looking in will take what they say as gospel.

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm not so sure.

I know no-one who supports Hearts (rightly) cares what the red top rags think or say about us, but plenty looking in will take what they say as gospel.

You honestly believe that a hearts support staying away from grounds won’t make news?

I think support for Hearts is two-fold; financially and figuratively.

Those who say they will boycott away games and, instead, give the money they would have spent on tickets/travel etc. to Hearts and deprive those clubs who voted against ourselves and reconstruction of their money clearly fall on the financial side.

But, in my opinion, it is just as important to support the team on the park. Will it make a huge difference to Hearts players playing at Dundee or Raith in front of only opposing fans? Maybe. A full, bouncing away stand for the players to play for may make the difference.

That's where I'm conflicted. An away day for me is not just the football game; it's the day out and its experiences with family and friends as well while cheering on our team. I have no problem with anyone who wants to boycott away games. It's the position I held when reconstruction failed for the final time. But the longer there is no football games and then the longer we're not allowed in grounds the more I know I'll want to go back, home or away.

I may be 'lining the coffers' of clubs who have ultimately led us to be in the league we're in but I'll be doing it while gaining a bit of my normal life back and (hopefully!) watching Hearts dispose of those clubs with ease while romping to the title en route back to where we should never have been ousted from.

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Given what is happening in Aberdeen, it may be some time before crowds are allowed at all so the point might be moot. What is true is that the longer crowds aren't allowed the more damage will be done to the pissant clubs like Raith, which is pleasing.

What I'm worried most about is when I think back to Gary Deans of Falkirk months ago. He more or less said that clubs were lying about being ready to play and BCD was financially viable. This October start was just kicking it down the road. We've been punted into a league that might not start. 

44 minutes ago, graha1874 said:

I think support for Hearts is two-fold; financially and figuratively.

Those who say they will boycott away games and, instead, give the money they would have spent on tickets/travel etc. to Hearts and deprive those clubs who voted against ourselves and reconstruction of their money clearly fall on the financial side.

But, in my opinion, it is just as important to support the team on the park. Will it make a huge difference to Hearts players playing at Dundee or Raith in front of only opposing fans? Maybe. A full, bouncing away stand for the players to play for may make the difference.

That's where I'm conflicted. An away day for me is not just the football game; it's the day out and its experiences with family and friends as well while cheering on our team. I have no problem with anyone who wants to boycott away games. It's the position I held when reconstruction failed for the final time. But the longer there is no football games and then the longer we're not allowed in grounds the more I know I'll want to go back, home or away.

I may be 'lining the coffers' of clubs who have ultimately led us to be in the league we're in but I'll be doing it while gaining a bit of my normal life back and (hopefully!) watching Hearts dispose of those clubs with ease while romping to the title en route back to where we should never have been ousted from.

Yeh very true, bouncing away crowds have worked wonders for us over the last few years 😂😂😂😂

20 hours ago, moz said:

Pretty much torn between going and not myself......have renewed my ST for 22nd year in a row, and Juniors has been renewed for his 2nd year.

He loves away days and is ticking off the grounds he's visited.......so telling him we won't be at any didn't go down well - thankfully hes already done Dundee so wont be going there...!!....as for the rest, we will see...he wants to do Arbroath / Inverness / Morton ext so he can tick them off his list and support his team

See what happens if / when we start getting allowed back to games

If the wee man wants to see a new ground and help hearts at the same time take him to some of the cracking junior (now senior) grounds and any money saved on admission give it to FOH 👍

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, pablo said:

What I'm worried most about is when I think back to Gary Deans of Falkirk months ago. He more or less said that clubs were lying about being ready to play and BCD was financially viable. This October start was just kicking it down the road. We've been punted into a league that might not start. 

This theory is starting to sound less bizarre as time goes by.

35 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh very true, bouncing away crowds have worked wonders for us over the last few years 😂😂😂😂

I'm sure you're being facetious but that's not specific to away matches. That's to do with the quality of what's on the park. Maybe we'd have taken even more severe batterings along the way without the good away crowds that have followed through thick and thin...

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Back in mid-June, Dundee had sold only 10% of their expected season tickets.

Would be awful if they struggled because there are no crowds allowed...

"Tell John i'm pishing myself"

8 minutes ago, graha1874 said:

I'm sure you're being facetious but that's not specific to away matches. That's to do with the quality of what's on the park. Maybe we'd have taken even more severe batterings along the way without the good away crowds that have followed through thick and thin...

If Gretna could win the championship whilst taking a minibus full of fans to away games I’m sure we’ll do ok.

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If Gretna could win the championship whilst taking a minibus full of fans to away games I’m sure we’ll do ok.

That's fair. And you're obviously in favour of boycotting these clubs, which is completely your prerogative and I totally understand and have no issue with those who want to do it.

I just fall on the side of favouring going to as many games as I can and seeing as much of my team as possible, especially given that we've all been robbed of that over the last five months and who knows how many months to come. 

2 minutes ago, graha1874 said:

That's fair. And you're obviously in favour of boycotting these clubs, which is completely your prerogative and I totally understand and have no issue with those who want to do it.

I just fall on the side of favouring going to as many games as I can and seeing as much of my team as possible, especially given that we've all been robbed of that over the last five months and who knows how many months to come. 

Yes 100% in favour of boycotting and will be but like you say each to their own but I just feel a lot of the fans who are saying they’ll go to away games(and I’m not getting at you) are doing so as though to say “nobody is going to tell me what to do and not to go to a game”  

4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I think the only really bouncing away Hearts supports this season were at Easter Road. Take from that what you will.

If we played Hibs every week we’d win the league.

But we don’t so it’s a lot to do with players mentality, ours bottles it last season 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

You honestly believe that a hearts support staying away from grounds won’t make news?

I've already said how I think it will be reported 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I've already said how I think it will be reported 

You also said it most likely wouldn’t be.

28 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yes 100% in favour of boycotting and will be but like you say each to their own but I just feel a lot of the fans who are saying they’ll go to away games(and I’m not getting at you) are doing so as though to say “nobody is going to tell me what to do and not to go to a game”  

There probably will be some fans like that, you're right. A genuine consideration of mine was how other Hearts fans would view those who do go to games. I wouldn't like to be looked at as some sort of scab for going to away matches.

I just think my desire to see the team will out shine that.

At least we should all be able to enjoy guilt-free days out to Arbroath, Inverness & Morton (the good guys!).

3 minutes ago, graha1874 said:

There probably will be some fans like that, you're right. A genuine consideration of mine was how other Hearts fans would view those who do go to games. I wouldn't like to be looked at as some sort of scab for going to away matches.

At least we should all be able to enjoy guilt-free days out to Arbroath, Inverness & Morton (the good guys!).

Correct but I honestly can’t remember who all the good guys were?

was it not just Inverness in the championship?

51 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

This is what I laugh at. Hamilton and Ross County take about 50 fans to games and do ok yet our players need 4,000 to win at shiteholes like Starks Park? 🤣

And after the Raith arsehole's comments earlier in the week about 'not being surprised we don't want the arbitration papers released' any lingering thoughts about going there should be vanquished.

🤣

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

And after the Raith arsehole's comments earlier in the week about 'not being surprised we don't want the arbitration papers released' any lingering thoughts about going there should be vanquished.

Did he?

Way to build bridges, eh?

We ****ing DO want the arbitration papers released - in their entirety. Not just glaikit-chops' cherry-picked bits and bobs.

40 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This is what I laugh at. Hamilton and Ross County take about 50 fans to games and do ok yet our players need 4,000 to win at shiteholes like Starks Park? 🤣

🤣

Exactly!! That is one ground that 100% needs the full hearts support to unanimously get behind boycotting, that and Dens park 

davemclaren
4 hours ago, pablo said:

That is indeed a concern. 

9 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

It will not go unnoticed on any televised games for sure

Glamorgan Jambo

Folks who want to go will go. But anyone thinking taking 400 instead of 4000

to Raith and Dunfermline won’t make

a difference to these clubs stretched finances needs to buy a calculator.

2 hours ago, sac said:

It will not go unnoticed on any televised games for sure

Exactly, some people are indeed deluded.

been here before
9 hours ago, graha1874 said:

Why care what others think of you, let alone some random anonymous names on a messageboard.

Do what you want and **** whatever anyone else thinks of you. You want to go... then go.

Edited by been here before

9 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct but I honestly can’t remember who all the good guys were?

was it not just Inverness in 

Inverness were just hoping to get up in a top 14. If they had been 3rd when the music stopped and not 2nd they’d have been Dundee.