Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, communist said:

I was replying to the poster who was saying its the 'only way to make a stand and nothing will change' unless we do something. I just can't see a boycott having any meaningful difference to anything. 

It will get across the point that fans were not considered at any point in this whole thing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Boycotting away games is a gesture (one that I support) that may have a negative impact on other clubs finances if fans are allowed this season. This doesn't benefit Hearts unless the boycotters divert some of the cash they would spend on travel , bevvy and tickets to Hearts either via donations to FoH or watching beams backs of games in bars etc at Tynecastle.

Our direct competition having less money to spend would definitely help us be promoted. The idea is to boycott but also spend the day at Tynecastle instead or donate to the FoH.

1 hour ago, communist said:

I was replying to the poster who was saying its the 'only way to make a stand and nothing will change' unless we do something. I just can't see a boycott having any meaningful difference to anything. 

So what are you saying, a boycott won’t be effective because not enough fans will boycott? Or even if most fans boycott it still won’t work?

38 minutes ago, communist said:

Don't you understand the fact it won't make much of any difference. Its quite vital. 

The boycott should go ahead and it will have a significant loss of income effect in that division.  Tens of thousands of Hearts supporters staying away will cause distress to these clubs.  Their most lucrative home fixture financially ruined.

On top of that, many Hearts supporters will donate their savings to the FoH.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The boycott should go ahead and it will have a significant loss of income effect in that division.  Tens of thousands of Hearts supporters staying away will cause distress to these clubs.  Their most lucrative home fixture financially ruined.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

Only the bit in bold is really wrong. We can't even fit 2 tens of thousands in tynecastle so I'm not sure what championship club has a bigger capacity than us. 

Donating savings to hearts won't make us any more or less likely to succeed, if that was the case we would not have ended the last season in the position we did. 

The team on the park will bring us success, not fans staying at home. 

And I'm not stupid enough to realise there is obviously a benefit to FoH and hearts should people stay at home, but that benefit does not automatically guarantee our opponents would be much worse off. Especially if crowds aren't even allowed back at all. I'm not shaking with rage at anyone choosing to stay away, I just don't understand it. 

One or 2 rounds in the cup against decent spfl opposition would compensate opposing clubs for the lack of Hearts support, or even league placings. To think other clubs are going to be worried sick, or worse about Hearts fans not coming is deluded in the extreme. 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So what are you saying, a boycott won’t be effective because not enough fans will boycott? Or even if most fans boycott it still won’t work?

Not really sure why you've quoted that, it was a response to someone else. And the quote marks '' weren't my words. 

A boycott is just ineffective in my eyes. 

We don't and won't ever be the sole reason other clubs survive, these championship clubs depend far more on their own home supporters than they do away crowds. Even more so in the current climate. 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Its about taking some action due to the fact we have been treated in a shocking manner.

Dont you understand that vital fact.

Can't argue with ham Harold. 👍 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, communist said:

Don't you understand the fact it won't make much of any difference. Its quite vital. 

Utter nonsense.

You actually believe that  by us denying clubs a big pay day by not turning up  in big numbers to their shitty grounds wont make a difference to them financially. COVID lockdown has hit these smaller clubs i a big way financially. 

Looks like you do  believe that a fans boycott to away grounds  wont make a difference judging by your post i quoted above.

Tell you what it will make me feel some sort of vindication on my part that i stuck two fingers  up at those clubs by not going to their shitholes.

So do want to buy some fairy dust  and superman's red cape..   

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Utter nonsense.

You actually believe that  by us denying clubs a big pay day by not turning up  in big numbers to their shitty grounds wont make a difference to them financially. COVID lockdown has hit these smaller clubs i a big way financially. 

Looks like you do  believe that a fans boycott to away grounds  wont make a difference judging by your post i quoted above.

Tell you what it will make me feel some sort of vindication on my part that i stuck two fingers  up at those clubs by not going to their shitholes.

You do you, mate. 

I'll keep my toys in my pram, take it on the chin and get back to supporting my team ASAP. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, communist said:

Hilarious patter. Got any more? 

Oh the irony, the only joker here is you.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, communist said:

You do you, mate. 

I'll keep my toys in my pram, take it on the chin and get back to supporting my team ASAP. 

Better fan than you  post alert.

You can give your toys to the  clubs you visit, i will give mines to Hearts, but you bash on ..FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

Randy Marsh

Utter nonsense.

I agree.  Starving some of these tin pot outfits like Raith and Dunfermline of £50,000 - £100,000 is a lot of money to them.  It's the equivalent of having 3 or 4 top earners on their books and they could really struggle to avoid relegation. 

32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Tell me where I'm wrong?

I’ll tell you, Your Right. Hit these pieces of you know what where it hurts, in their pockets.

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Utter nonsense.

I used to work with a guy that moaned about the bosses all the time but when ever he had a chance to say anything to them directly he would say everything was fine. Hence they were never told by him at least that he was unhappy.

The fans that go to the away games who have complained about the actions of other clubs in our expulsion are entitled to go if they want but please don't say you don't understand why people want to stay away as the guy you were replying to said.

Better fan than you  post alert.

You can give your toys to the  clubs you visit, i will give mines to Hearts, but you bash on ..FTH.

I hate superfan posts, but if you want to read it like that, fine, it probably takes more effort/hatred to stay at home than it does just to continue going to games, so I can respect people that are making the sacrifice, to a certain extent. 

I still think most that are posting about not going, barely went anyway (and quite a few have admitted to that). 

You clearly have little respect for those who disagree with your viewpoint, thats fine, it's on you. A little decorum goes a long way though, I might not agree with everyone but I try and engage with a bit of respect, isn't that the point in a forum? 

And when we get promoted back up to the Premiership we’ll hurt St Johnstone, Hamilton, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Midden, Dundee Utd and the rest of the scum that did the dirty on us.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Boycotting games is a tough one because ultimately fans want to go and see games and support their team. 

hearts are likely to romp the league and score lots of goals which is good to see.

but what has happened is a travesty and an injustice and the chairmen who voted against hearts need to pay for it so in these extreme circumstances fans should not pay these clubs any money.

of course it is a choice that anyone is free to make but the sacrifice will

be worth it.

27 minutes ago, communist said:

Not really sure why you've quoted that, it was a response to someone else. And the quote marks '' weren't my words. 

We don't and won't ever be the sole reason other clubs survive, these championship clubs depend far more on their own home supporters than they do away crowds. Even more so in the current climate. 

Was just joining in the conversation. So even if most/a majority of hearts fans boycott you still see it as ineffective?

RedStarRiot
15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And when we get promoted back up to the Premiership we’ll hurt St Johnstone, Hamilton, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Midden, Dundee Utd and the rest of the scum that did the dirty on us.

Big fan of fans boycott this season but I wouldnt want it to go into next. I think it would have more impact in this division. 

I won’t be boycotting any away games, I’m simply choosing not to go.  I will instead make a one off donation to FOH each time we are away from home of the price of the match ticket which will help us fill the financial gap caused by our demotion.  I’m likely to also spend more in the club shop and bars at the ground than to give it to any of the clubs who have caused us harm. These clubs made a rational decision to simply look after themselves some people are saying? fine so I’m making a choice to do the same with my club.

1 minute ago, MMHearts said:

I won’t be boycotting any away games, I’m simply choosing not to go.  I will instead make a one off donation to FOH each time we are away from home of the price of the match ticket which will help us fill the financial gap caused by our demotion.  I’m likely to also spend more in the club shop and bars at the ground than to give it to any of the clubs who have caused us harm. These clubs made a rational decision to simply look after themselves some people are saying? fine so I’m making a choice to do the same with my club.

Well done mate. If everyone who chooses not to boycott does this it would be great. 

46 minutes ago, communist said:

Where are you getting this idea from ? No one is saying this and it is NOT the motivation for the boycott. 

There's nothing to be "ineffective" about : some of us are simply choosing not to give money to clubs that damaged Hearts while Hearts suffer a multi million pound loss as a consequence  of those clubs actions.

Edited by NANOJAMBO

What has happened to us is a travesty.  For those opposing a boycott, what is your plans to make your feelings known, or are you just going to be patted on the head and told to be a good boy?

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was just joining in the conversation. So even if most/a majority of hearts fans boycott you still see it as ineffective?

I suppose that depends on what you would see as success. 

The way I look at it, is that no matter how many stay away, even if 100% stayed away, (apart from hurting the other clubs financially for a very short period) it's going to be impossible to predict what impact its had. 

Is it going to relegate any club?

Is it going to send any of them into administration? I very much doubt it. Optimistic prediction could be an average of 70k per club per match? 

For how many years do people intend on boycotting for? What is the end game, if any? 

I'd rather we took noisy large away crowds and battered each team 5-0. 

So yes obviously boycotting will have a small impact on clubs, but I'd rather be there in person to see matches, than sit at home being eternally upset about a season we were hopelessly inept, ended bottom and then got shafted by the league.. Its all just a bit depressing but I want to move on. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, communist said:

Things have probably improved a good bit for them by having their legal costs covered by us after losing arbitration. 

I honestly think anyone believing that any club is going to be pushed to the brink by one or 2 away visits by us, is deluded. Scottish football was big enough to survive without rangers in the top flight for several years, so to think any club is going to be panicking about Hearts, its so big headed its quite funny. 

Life is way too short to be surprised and shocked by the selfishness of other individuals/clubs. Why not just get back to supporting the team home and away and then we can (hopefully) have the last laugh on the terraces or back in the stands, when we make our way back to where we belong. 

You just don't get it. These clubs voted us down simply to gain finances from a large travelling Hearts support. Had this been Hamilton or St Liedown they would have voted to keep them up, as their support is negligible. They voted to harm us so that they could benefit from us giving them the pay day they need to stay afloat. Well sorry but had they voted for us and were in difficulty I ( and I am sure many others ) would have rallied round to help. Now I will gloat as they slid down into the pit.

Ex member of the SaS

So you think the SPFL will change if we forget what they did to us and go to away games in huge numbers? ONLY by acting against the norm will any notice, however insignificant, make it into the media.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where are you getting this idea from ? No one is saying this and it is NOT the motivation for the boycott

There's nothing to be "ineffective" about : some of us are simply choosing not to give money to clubs that damaged Hearts while Hearts suffer a multi million pound loss as a consequence  of those clubs actions.

Yes, a few people have said it. You can have a read back if you wish. I'm not claiming its everyone's sole reason though so relax. 

Your welcome to your choice, hearts suffered a multi million pound loss due to being utterly shite at football mostly. The vote and what occurred after was all a result of that. It was unjust and a shitshow of a vote absolutely, but I blame the team as much if not more than other rival clubs. 

Do you seriously expect hearts would have took the moral highground and rejected the proposal if we were 2nd bottom come the vote? I don't. So I'm not agast at other clubs voting the way they did. 

Nookie Bear

Why do people boycott Nestle? It won’t damage their profits so it’s pointless, no?

What about Starbucks ? Hardly going to dent their multi-billion dollar profits, but folk feel strongly enough to do it. 

That’s what a boycott does, you withhold your support to make a point. 

If millions boycotted Starbucks it would make a dent, if hundreds boycott Raith away, it makes a big dent. 

And no ******* way do I feel like moving on and putting the antics of certain clubs behind me. 

3 minutes ago, communist said:

I suppose that depends on what you would see as success. 

The way I look at it, is that no matter how many stay away, even if 100% stayed away, (apart from hurting the other clubs financially for a very short period) it's going to be impossible to predict what impact its had. 

Is it going to relegate any club?

Is it going to send any of them into administration? I very much doubt it. Optimistic prediction could be an average of 70k per club per match? 

For how many years do people intend on boycotting for? What is the end game, if any? 

I'd rather we took noisy large away crowds and battered each team 5-0. 

So yes obviously boycotting will have a small impact on clubs, but I'd rather be there in person to see matches, than sit at home being eternally upset about a season we were hopelessly inept, ended bottom and then got shafted by the league.. Its all just a bit depressing but I want to move on. 

I support boycotting but if anyone considers the arguments and decides to go then that’s up to them. A lot of what you say might turn out to be right but I think the general feeling on here is we need, as a support, to do something. Regardless of how it ends up I’d rather try and harm other clubs and benefit my own than do nothing. 

To get things in context though, it’s not going to away games or not that’s the problem, it’s fans that don’t go at all. Always has been. Far too many jambos in Edinburgh who don’t see the inside of tynecastle from one season to the next. 

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You just don't get it. These clubs voted us down simply to gain finances from a large travelling Hearts support. Had this been Hamilton or St Liedown they would have voted to keep them up, as their support is negligible. They voted to harm us so that they could benefit from us giving them the pay day they need to stay afloat. Well sorry but had they voted for us and were in difficulty I ( and I am sure many others ) would have rallied round to help. Now I will gloat as they slid down into the pit.

You're missing the point, the clubs voted to end the season to gain access to end of season funds above all else. 

We were a bonus. 

And it is totally shite, unjust, unfair, but I'm over it. 

Just now, communist said:

Yes, a few people have said it. You can have a read back if you wish. I'm not claiming its everyone's sole reason though so relax. 

Your welcome to your choice, hearts suffered a multi million pound loss due to being utterly shite at football mostly. The vote and what occurred after was all a result of that. It was unjust and a shitshow of a vote absolutely, but I blame the team as much if not more than other rival clubs. 

Do you seriously expect hearts would have took the moral highground and rejected the proposal if we were 2nd bottom come the vote? I don't. So I'm not agast at other clubs voting the way they did. 

It's quite simple : I will not be going to away games  but others will and I'm fine with that.

But for some reason there's quite a few pearl clutchers on here who will be going (once again, fine by me , that's their right) who really, really want to make a right drama out of what is effectively pushing at an open door. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So you think the SPFL will change if we forget what they did to us and go to away games in huge numbers? ONLY by acting against the norm will any notice, however insignificant, make it into the media.

To be fair, the SPFL isn’t going to change due to a smaller Hearts away support either. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, communist said:

You're missing the point, the clubs voted to end the season to gain access to end of season funds above all else. 

We were a bonus. 

And it is totally shite, unjust, unfair, but I'm over it. 

Easy to get over it when your club is still in the top flight. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, the SPFL isn’t going to change due to a smaller Hearts away support either. 

That's true but what will happen is the boycott will be in the media and the more people see we won't be sh!t on the better.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Embarrassing reply. 

Fourcandles
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

correct, he’s obviously an imposter , boycotts DO work, Hearts ONLY for my cash.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can't say these things dave, otherwise suspicions are raised around what team you follow. 😛

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, communist said:

You can't say these things dave, otherwise suspicions are raised around what team you follow. 😛

😄 

Fourcandles
16 minutes ago, communist said:

There are no “suspicions” it’s obvious.

Harry Potter

Our action makes a difference showing us as fans sticking up for the team we support.

Some hard work folk on here.

5 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Bobby Madden is definitely a Celtic fan.

Ah, so that’s why he’s known as Orange Bobby.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Our action makes a difference showing us as fans sticking up for the team we support.

Some hard work folk on here.

Maybe you're correct.

When will your boycott end? 

Do you think hearts would have voted to reject the end of season proposal, if we were 2nd bottom? 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, communist said:

Maybe you're correct.

Do you think hearts would have voted to reject the end of season proposal, if we were 2nd bottom? 

Cant answer your last question as we will never know, as for boycott as long as it hurts the pathetic chairman 

that were all for themselves.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, communist said:

Maybe you're correct.

Knowing Ann like we do, I suspect we would have tried to find a solution where no team was unfairly punished for finishing the season early. 

I reckon we would have made a lot of noise prior to the vote to try and resolve it better. 

6 minutes ago, communist said:

Maybe you're correct.

Budge would definitely have wanted a different resolution and voted against.

We boycott the Championship teams who voted to relegate us in order to cash in on our away crowds.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, kila said:

Budge would definitely have wanted a different resolution and voted against.

We boycott the Championship teams who voted to relegate us in order to cash in on our away crowds.

And always Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove. Scum clubs.