Boycott Away Grounds.

maroonlegions

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

In terms of the team? Not if they keep themselves relatively isolated to the wider community, I'd expect.

In terms of fans in stadia, each of these local lockdowns and potential spikes definitely will, it's all more evidence as to the difficulty of any mass gatherings taking place, unfortunately.

In terms of fans, I agree.

I can imagine Jason Leitch will be going to W H Smith for a supply of erasers & a new set of lead pencils with a very light shade of grey with regards to a start date of fans inside stadiums.

The plans for "trial/test" runs for fan access with surely hit the waste bin in the meantime.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• communist

• Pasquale for King

• maroonlegions

• Chuck Berry

2 hours ago, communist said:

Of course we are. 

Some outrageously big headed opinions on here when it comes to our own importance to other clubs. Other clubs fans will just find it amusing, and it might be a minor annoyance to opposing chairman. 

But who gives a flying one what they think? It would appear that the most common reason is that people can't stomach financially supporting clubs who voted against no-harm options.

If you can push that to the side because you don't want to give us something you enjoy doing,  then fine. Fill your boots. As has been said many times before. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

My reasons for not going are more to do with giving Hearts the money. 

We are going to need all the funds we can get so seems daft giving support to other clubs. 

My support will be given to Hearts, both financially and in person.

It's possible to do both

Edited by The Treasurer

18 minutes ago, pablo said:

But who gives a flying one what they think? It would appear that the most common reason is that people can't stomach financially supporting clubs who voted against no-harm options.

If you can push that to the side because you don't want to give us something you enjoy doing,  then fine. Fill your boots. As has been said many times before. 

I don't care one bit, but others are posting as if other chairman and other clubs will be desperately missing their maroon pounds. They won't.

I understand the reasoning behind boycotting but the impact is/would be so small to most/all clubs it seems utterly pointless to me, but crack on if you really think it'll somehow avenge the vote/relagation. It won't, and the best way to get it up them is to beat them on the pitch, as I've said many times before too. 

All moot points anyway if all games are behind closed doors for the foreseeable. 

Edited by communist

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, communist said:

I don't care one bit, but others are posting as if other chairman and other clubs will be desperately missing their maroon pounds. They won't.

I understand the reasoning behind boycotting but the impact is/would be so small to most/all clubs it seems utterly pointless to me, but crack on if you really think it'll somehow avenge the vote/relagation. It won't, and the best way to get it up them is to beat them on the pitch, as I've said many times before too. 

All moot points anyway if all games are behind closed doors for the foreseeable. 

There will be quite a few, I suspect, Hearts fans who cannot afford to go to away games and give Hearts extra cash at the same time. We have been completely unnecessarily dumped with a multi million pound drop in income, which Hearts need the financial support from our fans to help cover. 

I am one of those fans who cannot afford to do both, so I will choose to give my money to Hearts, rather than the clubs who very happily voted for relegations, and blocked any proposal to avoid the 3 clubs suffering severe financial pain. I am heartened to hear it won't affect those clubs in the slightest, as I can now help my club financially without a guilty conscience for any hardship I thought it may cause those clubs.

I'm further heartened by the knowledge that these clubs will have budgeted for the season ahead, and will have no problem fulfilling their fixtures when we get started in October, even if with no spectators.

Edited by SectionDJambo

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Will this affect the sheep because they have testing in place ?

I dont think it will affect football but I wish it would lol

maroonsgotop
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That's the point I've been trying to make.

Championship clubs will not be basing their seasons budget on a bumper pay day when they play us.

that's good cause they wont get one 

Up to a couple of weeks ago I was definitely against giving anyone who voted against us any of my money , I was angry, I  wanted vengeance 

But this lockdown is now getting to me, if we can’t get to any football till Xmas I know for a fact, that me and many others who have said no never, will be absolutely desperate to get back to watching Hearts whether it’s home or away, that my friends is a fact, the truth is, by January 2021 any boycott will be token and very minimal 

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Up to a couple of weeks ago I was definitely against giving anyone who voted against us any of my money , I was angry, I  wanted vengeance 

But this lockdown is now getting to me, if we can’t get to any football till Xmas I know for a fact, that me and many others who have said no never, will be absolutely desperate to get back to watching Hearts whether it’s home or away, that my friends is a fact, the truth is, by January 2021 any boycott will be token and very minimal 

FFS. Its not about getting the day out and even watching Hearts , boycotts are not just about making clubs lose revenue, it's also about making a statement to those clubs that we wont forget and will never forget.  FTH.  

7 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That's the point I've been trying to make.

Championship clubs will not be basing their seasons budget on a bumper pay day when they play us.

Here we go again : NO ONE said any club is building a budget based on (not) getting a big pay day from a big Hearts support. If you want to give your cash to others when Hearts will be running up a multi million £ defecit , that's your choice. Your "point" is meaningless. 

Clerry Jambo
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I tend to agree. Ofcourse we are currently angry at the injustice we received but fans will be desperate to get back to games and while I’m sure many fans will boycott a good number will still travel

Just a quick search @NANOJAMBO

Stop saying NO ONE is saying these things, I corrected you on that yesterday but you still persist. 

On 27/07/2020 at 16:59, buzzbomb1958 said:

You don't get that these teams will be laughing their ars*s off at you for handing over your hard earned to keep them in business  but hey ho if you want to help them out it's a free country or so I thought

On 27/07/2020 at 18:35, RedStarRiot said:

100% backing a boycott. I hope we contribute to the downfall of some little tin pot teams who are banking on our fans giving them pay days. The more of them that go under the better. 

On 27/07/2020 at 18:58, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Boycott of away grounds in the championship will definitely hit clubs hard. They will notice, no doubt about that. They e probably started budgeting for us coming twice. We could absolutely **** them up by staying away. 

On 27/07/2020 at 19:45, Deevers said:

It will however hurt some of these rancid clubs  who were so desperate to damage us. I hope that the lack of Hearts supporters visiting their grounds actually pushes one or two over the financial edge.  Raith, Dundee and Ayr in particular.

Having read the commentary from various chairmen over the piece (Raith rovers guy had me "bouncing off the ceiling" at the "build bridges" article) I wouldn't expect them to be able to contain themselves after games should a substantial away support turn up (still think any great numbers highly unlikely to be allowed) laughing up their sleeves at "soft touch" Hearts and their supporters.

So in the interests of my ceiling (and my health) I'll not be there. But everyone to their own.

Always thought that in the main it was "rantic versus the rest" this episode has sadly disproved that theory. Things have really changed and I'm not convinced they will ever come back.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

Having read the commentary from various chairmen over the piece (Raith rovers guy had me "bouncing off the ceiling" at the "build bridges" article) I wouldn't expect them to be able to contain themselves after games should a substantial away support turn up (still think any great numbers highly unlikely to be allowed) laughing up their sleeves at "soft touch" Hearts and their supporters.

So in the interests of my ceiling (and my health) I'll not be there. But everyone to their own.

Always thought that in the main it was "rantic versus the rest" this episode has sadly disproved that theory. Things have really changed and I'm not convinced they will ever come back.

This is the thing that stands out for me. Never thought I'd see the rest of the teams (and even more depressingly a lot of their fans) line up behind Celtic and the SPFL the way they did when an obvious injustice was taking place, with a much less damaging solution available.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

FFS. Its not about getting the day out and even watching Hearts , boycotts are not just about making clubs lose revenue, it's also about making a statement to those clubs that we wont forget and will never forget.  FTH.  

I'd liken it to companies withdrawing Facebook ads in protest over their practices. It won't hit Facebook that hard but it does hurt them and it definitely makes a statement. Those companies prefer to spend their money elsewhere. That's simply what supporters will be doing.

The only thing that is different, which is why boycotts rarely happen in sport, is away supports are there to help the team. So there can be an element of cutting off your nose to spite your face. However, this season I'm not so sure whether it's 100 or 1000 Hearts fans watching will make much difference to the way we play or the results.

Some clubs acted shamefully in this whole thing. Most of all I hope we hammer them on the park. If supporters being there helps them do that and they get to celebrate in the faces of the likes of Dundee and Raith, on balance I'd prefer no boycott but do understand that some will go through with it.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the thing that stands out for me. Never thought I'd see the rest of the teams (and even more depressingly a lot of their fans) line up behind Celtic and the SPFL the way they did when an obvious injustice was taking place, with a much less damaging solution available.

Most clubs and fans don't care about wether celtic or rangers win the league, it makes little difference to anyone outside the OF. Although I don't see it like you do, maybe..

In the end didn't they just vote for the quickest way to release the prize money as quickly as possible and therefore end the season? 

The dangling carrot - end of season payments condemned the vote from the start I think. And the only clubs that were going to be unhappy were the relegated clubs. Everyone else hasn't lost out anywhere near as much. 

I still think if we had mangaged to climb off the foot of the table a week or 2 before the season was called, we'd have voted yes to end the season ourself and laughed our heads off on here at St Mirren or Hamilton or whoever else was unlucky enough to finish bottom. 

7 minutes ago, communist said:

Most clubs and fans don't care about wether celtic or rangers win the league, it makes little difference to anyone outside the OF. Although I don't see it like you do, maybe..

In the end didn't they just vote for the quickest way to release the prize money as quickly as possible and therefore end the season? 

The dangling carrot - end of season payments condemned the vote from the start I think. And the only clubs that were going to be unhappy were the relegated clubs. Everyone else hasn't lost out anywhere near as much. 

I still think if we had mangaged to climb off the foot of the table a week or 2 before the season was called, we'd have voted yes to end the season ourself and laughed our heads off on here at St Mirren or Hamilton or whoever else was unlucky enough to finish bottom. 

I think that was the general concensus until we had chairmen (mainly lower leagues mind you) being wheeled out on sportsound stating that the money didn't really much difference to them (Forfar guy was particularly memorable when he stated it wasn't about money then stated he was looking forward to Partick & Falkirk being in their league and bringing large supports to station park).

Given what's went on who knows how any future votes within the spfl will go, can only hope badly for doncaster and the rest of the cabal.

Celtic fans organised a boycott of Tynecastle in a league game after many of their supporters buses were restructured in a cup game earlier that season!

It was GREAT their numbers were greatly reduced and Hearts WON 4-1!

I’m sure and still convinced today that the boycott really made the difference and ensured a Hearts victory!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

3 minutes ago, EC_Hearts said:

I think that was the general concensus until we had chairmen (mainly lower leagues mind you) being wheeled out on sportsound stating that the money didn't really much difference to them (Forfar guy was particularly memorable when he stated it wasn't about money then stated he was looking forward to Partick & Falkirk being in their league and bringing large supports to station park).

Given what's went on who knows how any future votes within the spfl will go, can only hope badly for doncaster and the rest of the cabal.

Absolutely. Its tragic he's lasted so long in his position, constantly talking down the same league he's supposed to be promoting. Someone like Phil Anderton would be a great person for the job, I'd imagine he'd generate some excitement and bring some new ideas. His days at Tynecastle were fantastic (the football helped too, mind). 

I suppose we'll never really know the real reasons why each club voted they way they did. 

JimCornette

Im gonnae go to a few away games cause I love the away crowd atmosphere and it'll be cheap. And we should beat a lot of the part time teams handsomely which will be fun. Plus I'm optimistic that Robbie is back, we have a goalkeeper this season and JJ is back at the club.

Line in the sand, **** the past, looking positively to the future.

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Celtic fans organised a boycott of Tynecastle in a league game after many of their supporters buses were restructured in a cup game earlier that season!

It was GREAT their numbers were greatly reduced and Hearts WON 4-1!

I’m sure and still convinced today that the boycott really made the difference and ensured a Hearts victory!!

To be fair, that was back in the days when they took over almost the entire ground. We were usually confined to a wee corner of the old shed, and the mix of both sets of fans in the enclosure and stand. It wasn’t unusual for games against Celtic to have 35,000+ spectators, most of them Celtic.
That boycott from them made a far greater difference, atmosphere and supporting wise, than any boycott would make in these days of segregation and much smaller crowds.

It was also, if I remember correctly, the last game of the season, when Celtic had won the league weeks previously, and weren’t exactly motivated.

It was very enjoyable and one of the very few Hearts v Celtic matches, that I recall,  that the Hearts support didn’t feel intimidated in our own ground.

SectionDJambo
40 minutes ago, communist said:

Absolutely. Its tragic he's lasted so long in his position, constantly talking down the same league he's supposed to be promoting. Someone like Phil Anderton would be a great person for the job, I'd imagine he'd generate some excitement and bring some new ideas. His days at Tynecastle were fantastic (the football helped too, mind). 

I suppose we'll never really know the real reasons why each club voted they way they did. 

Many of those clubs wanted the season ended so they didn’t have to extend contracts of players they wanted rid of. A few chairmen of the smaller clubs admitted this fairly early on.

There was a fear amongst them that a higher authority might instruct them to extend player contracts until the season was finished, on resumption of the season. That, coupled with no income from spectators, would have hurt them.

The SPFL board certainly didn’t attempt to come up with any solution other than dumping 3 clubs with the cost of the pandemic stopping trading. 
In the interests of no harm to any club, and a collective spirit to help all the clubs, the decent thing to have done would have been temporary reconstruction, but as we know, self interest took a firm hold.

That is where the clubs acted shamefully in the true spirit of “I’m alright Jack”.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, communist said:

No, they didn't just do that. They lumped all the financial pain onto 3 clubs to help their own financial situations and then continued to kick them while they were down by pretending to support reconstruction then voting against a perfectly workable solution where no-one lost out financially to any great degree.

Your last paragraph is irrelevant. In any case Hamilton were bottom a couple of weeks earlier. Budge has stated she fundamentally believes that relegating teams in a pandemic by calling the season early is unfair. That suggests she wouldn't have voted that way.

In any case, imagine the narrative in the media and from Hamilton and St Mirren. It would have all been "It's so unfair to cancel the playoffs to save Hearts". Guaranteed those clubs would have "squealed like pigs" or whatever Chick Young said we were doing and they would have said how unfair it was they should suffer while Hearts escape. The media would have backed them.

As a communist shouldn't you support the 3 demoted clubs? The way the clubs and the SPFL has acted is pure, unbridled "look after number one" capitalism.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I won't be spending 1 penny at another club.  My money will go to hearts and hearts only. It's the equivalent of the wife running off with someone and you popping round every second weekend with some cash to make sure they are having an easier life 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, they didn't just do that. They lumped all the financial pain onto 3 clubs to help their own financial situations and then continued to kick them while they were down by pretending to support reconstruction then voting against a perfectly workable solution where no-one lost out financially to any great degree.

Your last paragraph is irrelevant. In any case Hamilton were bottom a couple of weeks earlier. Budge has stated she fundamentally believes that relegating teams in a pandemic by calling the season early is unfair. That suggests she wouldn't have voted that way.

In any case, imagine the narrative in the media and from Hamilton and St Mirren. It would have all been "It's so unfair to cancel the playoffs to save Hearts". Guaranteed those clubs would have "squealed like pigs" or whatever Chick Young said we were doing and they would have said how unfair it was they should suffer while Hearts escape. The media would have backed them.

As a communist shouldn't you support the 3 demoted clubs? The way the clubs and the SPFL has acted is pure, unbridled "look after number one" capitalism.

Yeah, it shouldn't have came to that at all, the funding should have been used for testing to finish off the season behind closed doors if necessary. It was stupidly rushed for no good reason. 

But still I just don't think people are being realistic enough to understand that other clubs owe us nothing, this whole vote hasn't changed my opinion on any opposing club much at all, I didn't like them before and don't like them now.

On the username part - you do realise the user smiths right boot isn't actually Michael smiths right boot logging on here? And jambo fox probably isn't a real fox either right? 😃

But yes it is unfair, it was a shitshow of a process and vote, but life's unfair, as is capitalism, but I bet you still work/pay taxes and help contribute to it. I don't like a lot of things about Scottish football but I love it at the same time. 

I can understand why people feel a boycott is the only way to show how pissed off they feel, but I'm not in the same boat, I'd came to terms with it months ago, we were pitiful, and more than feeling aggrieved, I just want to get back to matches again. 

Shanghai Hearts
3 hours ago, connlach said:

I won't be spending 1 penny at another club.  My money will go to hearts and hearts only. It's the equivalent of the wife running off with someone and you popping round every second weekend with some cash to make sure they are having an easier life 

This.... bitter taste in my mouth after this fiasco... 

Unknown user
On 04/08/2020 at 19:00, BobbyCox said:

I imagine  we are mostly working men and women on here? The trouble with a boycott on all away games in the Championship, is that it will indirectly impact on many in the supply chain. I certainly don't hate the guts of the supplier of pies to Gayfield, or indeed the pub staff near Dens Park etc.

Taking a deep breath, and getting behind the team is surely a better response?  

If we don't make an almighty song and dance about this then the shitehawk clubs that inhabit this shitty league will think they can treat Hearts however they like, and this could all happen again. 

If you want the moral argument, Hearts employees will lose their jobs as a result of the club losing millions in turnover after being expelled, Gorgie will be affected by fewer games with lower crowds. We need to make sure clubs think twice about trying it again.

If you want the emotional argument, I'm raging that these arseholes have the nerve to damage Heart of Midlothian then act surprised that we're not pals any more. I can't help wanting blood.

Only Hearts for me, it isn’t just the fact that clubs voted to expel us and do harm to our club and OUR employees it was the glee and nonchalant attitude that some chairmen/women and fans took towards the decision.

feck them all.

7 hours ago, communist said:

Yeah, it shouldn't have came to that at all, the funding should have been used for testing to finish off the season behind closed doors if necessary. It was stupidly rushed for no good reason. 

But still I just don't think people are being realistic enough to understand that other clubs owe us nothing, this whole vote hasn't changed my opinion on any opposing club much at all, I didn't like them before and don't like them now.

On the username part - you do realise the user smiths right boot isn't actually Michael smiths right boot logging on here? And jambo fox probably isn't a real fox either right? 😃

But yes it is unfair, it was a shitshow of a process and vote, but life's unfair, as is capitalism, but I bet you still work/pay taxes and help contribute to it. I don't like a lot of things about Scottish football but I love it at the same time. 

I can understand why people feel a boycott is the only way to show how pissed off they feel, but I'm not in the same boat, I'd came to terms with it months ago, we were pitiful, and more than feeling aggrieved, I just want to get back to matches again. 

E575B616-D6F3-45B7-AC12-FC4E1F01BAA0.jpeg

Harry Potter
20 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Playing devils advocate here,

but since the fixtures were announced, I’ve not heard one CEO/chairman of a championship club bemoaning they only got one home game against Hearts whereas other clubs would play us twice at there ground

Are we overestimating our importance in respect of our travelling support?

No is the answer to that, as i said before, 3000'@ 20 =60000 pounds, 500 @20=10000 pounds, a 50000 pound loss.

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Here we go again : NO ONE said any club is building a budget based on (not) getting a big pay day from a big Hearts support. If you want to give your cash to others when Hearts will be running up a multi million £ defecit , that's your choice. Your "point" is meaningless. 

Here we go again

People seem to think that clubs will go bust if we "punish" them by boycotting. Not going to happen.

I'm hardly just "handing over my cash" to clubs as a donation.

I want to watch Hearts, to do so I have to buy a match ticket. Whether I do that or not won't have an impact on the losses Hearts will make.

Yes I know you're going to say "give the money to Hearts instead"

Well I intend to do both via an increase in my FoH pledge

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

No is the answer to that, as i said before, 3000'@ 20 =60000 pounds, 500 @20=10000 pounds, a 50000 pound loss.

It's not  a "loss" as they won't have had that money in the first place.

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Ok its not a gain then, they wont miss 50000 pounds aye right.

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Here we go again

People seem to think that clubs will go bust if we "punish" them by boycotting. Not going to happen.

I'm hardly just "handing over my cash" to clubs as a donation.

I want to watch Hearts, to do so I have to buy a match ticket. Whether I do that or not won't have an impact on the losses Hearts will make.

Yes I know you're going to say "give the money to Hearts instead"

Well I intend to do both via an increase in my FoH pledge

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Many of us, me included, can't afford to pay gate money for away games and also give Hearts the equivalent amount. I'm one of them, so Hearts will get my money, and sadly, I'll have to miss out on seeing the team away from home.

I'm relieved that those clubs won't suffer any loss, and subsequent financial stress, as a result of people like me not being able to give them gate money. 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

But i suspect part of the thinking for voting us down was the prospect of our away support turning up. The trade-off was that it lands a very strong team into The Championship, thus reducing everyone's chance of promotion.

What they have now is a very strong team (a very p'd off team at that) that will either bring a small support with them, or no support at all if things do not improve.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Many of us, me included, can't afford to pay gate money for away games and also give Hearts the equivalent amount. I'm one of them, so Hearts will get my money, and sadly, I'll have to miss out on seeing the team away from home.

I'm relieved that those clubs won't suffer any loss, and subsequent financial stress, as a result of people like me not being able to give them gate money. 

you won't be alone in that. Of course it's up to you where any spare cash is spent. I'd never dream of telling anyone any different

No need for the sarcastic last sentence 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

But i suspect part of the thinking for voting us down was the prospect of our away support turning up. The trade-off was that it lands a very strong team into The Championship, thus reducing everyone's chance of promotion.

What they have now is a very strong team (a very p'd off team at that) that will either bring a small support with them, or no support at all if things do not improve.

I think you're giving some of those arseholes far to much credit in thinking that far ahead.

Most can't see past the end of their nose

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think you're giving some of those arseholes far to much credit in thinking that far ahead.

Most can't see past the end of their nose

I think that is exactly what they were thinking when they voted to expel us.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think that is exactly what they were thinking when they voted to expel us.

Of course it was and don’t let anyone tell you any different.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Of course it was and don’t let anyone tell you any different.

Not sure if sarcastic ^_^

Glamorgan Jambo

If anyone thinks that the lack of 4000 Hearts supporters and £80K in the pockets of Dunfermline and Raith won't make a difference in what will be a very challenging season for all then they don't understand economics. A quick look at the most recent accounts for Raith (small company accounts so don't show turnover) doesn't tell you much apart from they weren't a going concern for the last full season they participated in. Witholding £80K from Raith means it will have to come from the pockets of their directors. If that isn't a good enough reason not to go then I don't know what is.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, connlach said:

Superb post bud and bang on the money.

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

If anyone thinks that the lack of 4000 Hearts supporters and £80K in the pockets of Dunfermline and Raith won't make a difference in what will be a very challenging season for all then they don't understand economics. A quick look at the most recent accounts for Raith (small company accounts so don't show turnover) doesn't tell you much apart from they weren't a going concern for the last full season they participated in. Witholding £80K from Raith means it will have to come from the pockets of their directors. If that isn't a good enough reason not to go then I don't know what is.

👍.

Glamorgan Jambo

Also I'm fairly sure a huge number of our away games will be Friday evenings with a 7.05pm kickoff on BBC Scotland. Follow our fortunes from your house or even better get down to the bars at Tynecastle for the evening.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

you won't be alone in that. Of course it's up to you where any spare cash is spent. I'd never dream of telling anyone any different

No need for the sarcastic last sentence 

Sorry, it wasn’t intended as such towards you.

I just get frustrated that many, not you, seem to be playing down the financial hit that these clubs have been happy to dump on us. The Raith Rovers “leader”, couldn’t understand why Hearts fans might not turn up at Starks Park, and Donald Findlay couldn’t believe that Hearts might prefer not to loan players out to the likes of Cowdenbeath. They like to think we are a soft touch, or they have been drawn in by the baying mob over the last few months, to think anything goes.

I really fear that we, as a support, are going to show the same lack of determination, to fight back against these clubs, as the team has over the last 18 months. 
Of course, it will probably be academic, since there seems little chance of being able to go to any games, home or away, any time soon.

25 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Also I'm fairly sure a huge number of our away games will be Friday evenings with a 7.05pm kickoff on BBC Scotland. Follow our fortunes from your house or even better get down to the bars at Tynecastle for the evening.

👍

The Treasurer
32 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sorry, it wasn’t intended as such towards you.

I just get frustrated that many, not you, seem to be playing down the financial hit that these clubs have been happy to dump on us. The Raith Rovers “leader”, couldn’t understand why Hearts fans might not turn up at Starks Park, and Donald Findlay couldn’t believe that Hearts might prefer not to loan players out to the likes of Cowdenbeath. They like to think we are a soft touch, or they have been drawn in by the baying mob over the last few months, to think anything goes.

I really fear that we, as a support, are going to show the same lack of determination, to fight back against these clubs, as the team has over the last 18 months. 
Of course, it will probably be academic, since there seems little chance of being able to go to any games, home or away, any time soon.

No problem.

This whole sorry business has had one positive effect in bring the whole Hearts support together.

I'd not want to see any divisions forming over this subject.

It's a personal decision for all Hearts fans, there isn't a right way or wrong way.