JJ back in town

Dusk_Till_Dawn

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I gained the impression that you knew the answers 6 years ago.  The master of hindsight gets a chance to showcase his foresight and weeps that he doesn't know the answers.  And please don't go on about going round in circles.  You chose to mention me (unnecessarily, I might add) in your knowledge laden post and are now irritated because I ask you to demonstrate your planning skills.  Anyone can be wise after the event.

Frankly your sarcasm is tedious.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I gained the impression that you knew the answers 6 years ago.  The master of hindsight gets a chance to showcase his foresight and weeps that he doesn't know the answers.  And please don't go on about going round in circles.  You chose to mention me (unnecessarily, I might add) in your knowledge laden post and are now irritated because I ask you to demonstrate your planning skills.  Anyone can be wise after the event.

I mentioned you Al because I was fairly sure that any comment which mentions your hero in usually prompts a reply from you especially when it is from me and you duly obliged.

I did know the answer six years ago and told you what it was in an earlier post which you even commented on quote below.

I don't need to look back to know about your views on CL but this topic relates to the future where you had the chance to showcase your FOREsight and perspicacity.

I am commenting on a football related forum not going for a job interview. Demonstrate my planning skills what are you one about? 😍

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I mentioned you Al because I was fairly sure that any comment which mentions your hero in usually prompts a reply from you especially when it is from me and you duly obliged.

I did know the answer six years ago and told you what it was in an earlier post which you even commented on quote below.

I don't need to look back to know about your views on CL but this topic relates to the future where you had the chance to showcase your FOREsight and perspicacity.

I am commenting on a football related forum not going for a job interview. Demonstrate my planning skills what are you one about? 😍

I am mentioning that I'm fairly sure your heroes play in green and white around the Lochend area hence your constant critisismof HMFC.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Frankly your sarcasm is tedious.

Ah here comes Crookie with his nosey interventions and nothing to say on the topic.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I am mentioning that I'm fairly sure your heroes play in green and white around the Lochend area hence your constant critisismof HMFC.

Now you are losing the plot Al. To suggest I am a Hibs fan is absolute nonsense.

I rarely criticise HMFC the club I have supported for over half a century and contribute to. Not just via my season tickets and other contributions but also via FOH.

My gripe as you well know was AB's niave appointment of Craig Levein. You say hindsight is a wonderful thing and I am sure in hindsight AB might have come up with a different plan perhaps similar to the one she has now with the return of JJ on an advisory basis short term.

What you have failed to recognise is that I called out this mistake at the outset six years ago and yet your reply is I am a Hibbee. :bravo:

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Now you are losing the plot Al. To suggest I am a Hibs fan is absolute nonsense.

I rarely criticise HMFC the club I have supported for over half a century and contribute to. Not just via my season tickets and other contributions but also via FOH.

My gripe as you well know was AB's niave appointment of Craig Levein. You say hindsight is a wonderful thing and I am sure in hindsight AB might have come up with a different plan perhaps similar to the one she has now with the return of JJ on an advisory basis short term.

What you have failed to recognise is that I called out this mistake at the outset six years ago and yet your reply is I am a Hibbee. :bravo:

Well said Davy! 👍

ford donald
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Nailed it!

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And I don't have a hero although I certainly sympathised with his injury situation.  Don't be a baby and throw insults if you can't take them back

Well done. 

I could reel off a list of players that I think should go but know only too well that you will come back with the old line of how do we get rid of them when they still have  such a long time left on their contract, how mcuh will it cost etc. Similarly if I suggest we try and bring in a specific player you will say how much would it cost and what wages would we pay them etc etc.

You have reeled off a list of players.  How many of these have you seen in action and can you assure me they will  not get injured and all will be a success in a Hearts shirt.?  Or will this be a Davy Wyscout effort?

I don't care who who or what your gripe is.  CL has gone and this thread concerns the present and future - but you know that and chose to mention me (trolling?) for no good reason.  As I say, don't dish it out if you're going  to weep like a little spoilt child when you get it back

What you have failed to recognise is that I called out this mistake at the outset six years ago and yet your reply is I am a Hibbee.

If you predicted it, your forecast was going out of the window when we sat top of the league before multiple injuries to key players set in.  You got lucky when Hearts didn't

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you predicted it, your forecast was going out of the window when we sat top of the league before multiple injuries to key players set in.  You got lucky when Hearts didn't

Same old, same old Al.

22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I could reel off a list of players that I think should go but know only too well that you will come back with the old line of how do we get rid of them when they still have  such a long time left on their contract, how mcuh will it cost etc. Similarly if I suggest we try and bring in a specific player you will say how much would it cost and what wages would we pay them etc etc.

All things considered I will just be a back seat driver.

HIndsight is a wonderful thing Al but if you look back my posts you will see that I was never in favour of Levein being DOF or Manager so from that point of view maybe that was not hindisght because I called it way back.

I would have however supported the appointment of JJ had she doen this back then as I do now.

I will say that I found it a bit strange that we gave new contracts albeit fairly short ones to Brandon, Moore and Henderson while apparently without a Manager.

I know that perhaps Andy Kirk may have hand a hand in keeping them but with no DOF or Manager I thought it a bit odd.

A lot of clubs have proved that new manager can bring on players. 

That you don't always need wholesale changes. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Is that the excuse for Levein taking us down the gutter? Injuries to key players?

Thought we put that excuse to bed when he still couldn't get any results with the players he missed back.

Cathro had us flying briefly too...

18 hours ago, OTT said:

Lee, Uche and Damour could all find contracts down south without much difficulty. Damour could always go to France too. Ligue 2 is still a decent level, on a free I reckon he'd have his pick of Ligue 2 with a few lower placed top flight clubs too. Always hoofball managers who will take a punt on Uche and Lee isn't a bad player at all. His ability could mean a small fee as well. 

Doyle, White and Berra aren't going anywhere. Age or injuries prohibit them IMO. White isn't getting anything longer than a 1 year deal. Too much of a risk. Doyle is about a year from retirement and Berra is probably worth holding onto another season or two. 

You think a guy who's not good enough for the top flight in Scotland would get a contract in the top flight in France?

47 minutes ago, kila said:

Is that the excuse for Levein taking us down the gutter? Injuries to key players?

Thought we put that excuse to bed when he still couldn't get any results with the players he missed back.

Laughable the Levein apologists just can’t admit he was a disaster Kila!

Same old, same old Al.

👍😂

Maybe you put it to bed.

When these players came back, their form was vastly different.  IMO Souttar, Berra, Naismith and Uche failed to hit the ground running and came nowhere near replicating their previous form while Haring did not return at all (apart from an hour in the SC final).    If you think these players were not missed that's up to you.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Laughable the Levein apologists just can’t admit he was a disaster Kila!

I'm sure at one point you'll make a post that's on topic instead of continually slating people who do not share your views.  I don't know how the Mods let you away with it.

FWIW I do agree the Levein era turned out to be a disaster but that does not alter the fact that injuries hampered his reign as they did with his playing career.  In both his managerial and playing stints, we can only best guess how much better things would have turned out.

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

👍😂

Same old Crookie, interfering with nothing to say on topic.   👍😂    👍😂 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, kila said:

I think injuries did affect us badly when our great run ended in the 18/19 season. But when it is your only excuse and months are going by, then injuries are not the main reason.

Given we are now not a million miles away (on the field) from where we were when Ann took over, would those who have been proponents of our approach over the last 6 years advocate that all over again from this point on? If not, is that acceptance they were wrong and that those who have called it out during that period where maybe right all along?

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think injuries did affect us badly when our great run ended in the 18/19 season. But when it is your only excuse and months are going by, then injuries are not the main reason.

Correct and when several key players are injured at the same time, it becomes easier to lose matches and then confidence goes.  Losing then becomes a habit just as winning does.

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct and when several key players are injured at the same time, it becomes easier to lose matches and then confidence goes.  Losing then becomes a habit just as winning does.

It can. The biggest criticism of Levein is that, he didn't look to change things. His view was just that it will be fine once those players are back.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A lot of clubs have proved that new manager can bring on players. 

That you don't always need wholesale changes. 

I relaise that Mikey however if you look back at the previous posts on this thread it was to satisfy the questions from JamboAl.

Robbie will probably be working on a restricted budget and as you say he might not want or feel the need to make wholesale changes especially if we are in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Given we are now not a million miles away (on the field) from where we were when Ann took over, would those who have been proponents of our approach over the last 6 years advocate that all over again from this point on? If not, is that acceptance they were wrong and that those who have called it out during that period where maybe right all along?

👍

I relaise that Mikey however if you look back at the previous posts on this thread it was to satisfy the questions from JamboAl.

Robbie will probably be working on a restricted budget and as you say he might not want or feel the need to make wholesale changes especially if we are in the Championship.

You seem to be at odds with yourself.

In a previous post you wanted us to get rid of Doyle,White, Berra, Burns, Lee, Damour, , Morrison, Wighton and Ikpeazu

You then said you'd look to bring in some from the following who as I understand it will be out of contract if not now very soon.

Cerny, Stewart (Kevin), O'Donnell, Lawless,Jackson Irvine, Johnsone (Marvin), Dunkley (Chey), Sibbick and Lewis Macleod.

That's 9 out and  and 10 in?!

PS - I'll ask again .  How many of the 10 have you seen in action?

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It can. The biggest criticism of Levein is that, he didn't look to change things. His view was just that it will be fine once those players are back.

Did you never stop to think that his scope for the change you crave would be severely restricted by the money at his disposal and the converse is

if he had gone out and acquired cover players we would have a huge glut of players on our books/payroll and there enough grouses on Kickback as it was, in that regard.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You seem to be at odds with yourself.

In a previous post you wanted us to get rid of Doyle,White, Berra, Burns, Lee, Damour, , Morrison, Wighton and Ikpeazu

You then said you'd look to bring in some from the following who as I understand it will be out of contract if not now very soon.

Cerny, Stewart (Kevin), O'Donnell, Lawless,Jackson Irvine, Johnsone (Marvin), Dunkley (Chey), Sibbick and Lewis Macleod.

That's 9 out and  and 10 in?!

PS - I'll ask again .  How many of the 10 have you seen in action?

You asked me who I would get rid of and I told you. These are the players that I think are the ones that we could live without. You also asked who I would replace them with so I provided a list of potential players that I was aware of that are out of contract.

It's all hypothetical because  we know that ultimately it is Robbie who will decide along with the Board and JJ's advice  and budget.

I think it highly unlikely that all of those players I listed would be shown the door or brought in. I was simply answering your question but true to form you twist everything to suit whatever your current mood happens to be.

I have seen 8 of the 10  I referred to as possible signings. It's irrelevant anyway because Robbie will have his own targets and I have no idea who those might be if any.

I don't even know if he has a transfer budget. The only potential signing that has been mentioned is Butcher from Dundee Utd but that could be just paper talk.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Like I said and beautifully demonstrated since. Asks for answers, gets them, deflects, ignores, goes on about injuries. Incredible stamina tbf.

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Like I said and beautifully demonstrated since. Asks for answers, gets them, deflects, ignores, goes on about injuries. Incredible stamina tbf.

I think of a goldfish going round in circles.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It was also the view spouted on here by his fanboys......it still is being spouted actually!

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Same old Crookie, interfering with nothing to say on topic.   👍😂    👍😂 

Just agreeing with a good pal’s comment - sorry you are so offended. 😢

6 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

You think a guy who's not good enough for the top flight in Scotland would get a contract in the top flight in France?

Yes. 

Scottish football is notoriously frantic. Damour can play football, he's just constantly found wanting because he wants too long on the ball. In france he will get that time on the ball. Hence how he got a move to a Cardiff. 

You asked me who I would get rid of and I told you. These are the players that I think are the ones that we could live without. You also asked who I would replace them with so I provided a list of potential players that I was aware of that are out of contract.

It's all hypothetical because  we know that ultimately it is Robbie who will decide along with the Board and JJ's advice  and budget.

I think it highly unlikely that all of those players I listed would be shown the door or brought in. I was simply answering your question but true to form you twist everything to suit whatever your current mood happens to be.

I have seen 8 of the 10  I referred to as possible signings. It's irrelevant anyway because Robbie will have his own targets and I have no idea who those might be if any.

I don't even know if he has a transfer budget. The only potential signing that has been mentioned is Butcher from Dundee Utd but that could be just paper talk.

II asked you to do it for starters but did not expect you to reel off 9 out and 10 in and say that wholesale change is not necessary.  You're arguing with yourself, it seems.

Which 2 players have you not seen and why then did you suggest them?  Wyscout?

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ah,  Dawn's back with another illuminating contribution on the topic.  Well done again, Dawn.

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just agreeing with a good pal’s comment - sorry you are so offended. 😢

I would not say I was particularly offended as I am used to your trolling .  It's a bit like when I had arthritis:  an irritant that served no great purpose but I got used to it

Edited by JamboAl

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Yes. 

Scottish football is notoriously frantic. Damour can play football, he's just constantly found wanting because he wants too long on the ball. In france he will get that time on the ball. Hence how he got a move to a Cardiff. 

He's never played a game in the french top league in his career and I don't see that changing any time soon.

It may not be frantic but its a hell of a lot better standard so there's absolutely no chance he'll get a move direct to Ligue 1.

Insane thinking. 

Edited by Ari Gold

10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

II asked you to do it for starters but did not expect you to reel off 9 out and 10 in and say that wholesale change is not necessary.  You're arguing with yourself, it seems.

Ah,  Dawn's back with another illuminating contribution on the topic.  Well done again, Dawn.

I would not say I was particularly offended as I am used to your trolling .  It's a bit like when I had arthritis:  an irritant that served no great purpose but I got used to it

Theres a lot of very good natural remedies for arthritis.

Dont work for everyone mind.

27 minutes ago, jake said:

Theres a lot of very good natural remedies for arthritis.

Dont work for everyone mind.

Do any of the remedies get rid of trollers who have nothing to say on the topic?

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

He's never played a game in the french top league in his career and I don't see that changing any time soon.

It may not be frantic but its a hell of a lot better standard so there's absolutely no chance he'll get a move direct to Ligue 1.

Insane thinking. 

Disagree, squad player for some bottom of the table skint relegation fodder. 

55 minutes ago, OTT said:

Disagree, squad player for some bottom of the table skint relegation fodder. 

Come on man, he's absolutely guff. Why at 29 will he get his big move after failing in Scotland?

No names, no need, but what a pr1ck that poster is. 

No longer engage with him. 

Thank feck. 

Randy Marsh
12 minutes ago, martoon said:

No names, no need, but what a pr1ck that poster is. 

No longer engage with him. 

Thank feck. 

Those pesky injuries.  I think it was about 17 players Levein signed in the summer of 2018.  But that wasn't enough to cope with the injuries because he signed quantity over quality.  And in doing so he blocked the path to the first team for many of our promising youngsters.  What an absolute cluster **** of a squad he left us with. 😂    You would hope with JJ now on board that we want see anyone run the club into the ground like Levein did. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You are a Grade A embarrassment.

Your knowledge of football is so woefully lacking that as soon as anyone starts naming names or answering your points, you deflect because you’ve no idea who they’re talking about or whether those suggestions are credible. By a mile the most clueless poster on this board.

To quote you: “How has recruitment changed in the past 30 years?” :rofl:That was a serous comment from you as well. Remarkable.

52 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You are a Grade A embarrassment.

Your knowledge of football is so woefully lacking that as soon as anyone starts naming names or answering your points, you deflect because you’ve no idea who they’re talking about or whether those suggestions are credible. By a mile the most clueless poster on this board.

To quote you: “How has recruitment changed in the past 30 years?” :rofl:That was a serous comment from you as well. Remarkable.

Quite correct.

Well done, Dawn!

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Quite correct.

Well done, Dawn!

You’ve been around here long enough to know that we call him “Dusk”. ”Dawn” is a rubbish name.

On topic - good to have Jim back 👍

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Those pesky injuries.  I think it was about 17 players Levein signed in the summer of 2018.  But that wasn't enough to cope with the injuries because he signed quantity over quality.  And in doing so he blocked the path to the first team for many of our promising youngsters.  What an absolute cluster **** of a squad he left us with. 😂    You would hope with JJ now on board that we want see anyone run the club into the ground like Levein did. 

The poster hates Hearts supporters. Total contempt for anyone who can't/won't agree with him about Craig Levein. 

Probably doesn't like JJ and resents his appointment. 

He'll be itching to reply but can't. It would be an admission of being a pr1ck. 

30 minutes ago, smiler said:

You’ve been around here long enough to know that we call him “Dusk”. ”Dawn” is a rubbish name.

On topic - good to have Jim back 👍

Seems a good move particularly in view of his designation as Advisor.  I would have serious doubts if he were appointed DoF.  Firstly, health-wise, it might not be a good move for him and from the football angle I reckon RN might feel a little constrained. 

ford donald
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Seems a good move particularly in view of his designation as Advisor.  I would have serious doubts if he were appointed DoF.  Firstly, health-wise, it might not be a good move for him and from the football angle I reckon RN might feel a little constrained. 

The decision will come ftom JJ.

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Why would RN feel constrained anymore under JJ than he (speculating) maybe felt under Levein?

Hope the Jet has been given a wide brief by the Board.

All the structures created by Levein should be reviewed - with none of them successful in any way.  For example what return from Roger Arnott who has spent £4m on the Academy and Hickey apart has brought through zero first choice first team players and has garnered zero transfer fees.  Player recruitment has been a shambles.  The coaching bootroom a discredited mess.  The medical/fitness area has been a disaster.  Paying players high wages and low bonuses!

Where the funds come from to fix these things is potentially more difficult.