JJ back in town

Dusk_Till_Dawn

11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Do any of the remedies get rid of trollers who have nothing to say on the topic?

Pity there seems to be no remedy for posters who’s posts stink constantly of sarcasm.....

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leveins Battalion

The whole DOF role is a nonsence.It suited Craig as it was a role that could feed his ego!Nothing else.

If Jim Jefferies is coming in and helping in Robbie with scouting,recruitment and our youth system than 

there is nobody i would rather have.

I always remember Craig Levein saying he does not chase players too hard as '' they come along,just like buses''

I think this attitude has got Hearts in the state we are in,over complicated recruitment massively,overthought every area of the Football Department.

Seriously,our scouts recommended Rafael Grezlak and Lennard Sowah!Let that sink in.

From Sportsound in Saturday if I can recollect.

3 hour conversation with AB to discuss future plans for club and his role.

He expects AB to start taking back seat and won't be surprised if new CEO or equivalent to come in.  

Due to court costs no immediate SD or DOF coming in.

He will be the person asked to sell the club to potential new players.

If asked to identify a player or agents offer Hearts players his preference would be to watch them and give his views and share with the club.

If RN wants direct support he will give it and if not, he won't.

Has an extensive contact list to help out.

Happy for others to add but that was as much as we were told directly

But reading between lines and IMO only but also by JJs 'sour enthusiastic tone:-

He is helping out AB (and RN) primarily in a player recruitment element and ensuring she doesn't end up being the final decision maker on player recruitment outside of the financial element until a new CEO comes in.

He isn't going to be an interim or defacto SD or DOF driving new strategies but any 'football' plans put forward by AB herself or her reportees, will be run by him.  Or, if he sees something blatantly wrong around the club, he will be telling AB.

If results or performances aren't going well, RN won't be the only person asked by AB why.  

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pity there seems to be no remedy for posters who’s posts stink constantly of sarcasm.....

Ah, another one fails to hit the topic mark.

PS  Have you actually posted on this topic at all yet?   Save me looking back at your childish jibes.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Why would RN feel constrained anymore under JJ than he (speculating) maybe felt under Levein?

There were accusations that CL was interfering last time RN was here and whether that was right or wrong is in the past now but I feel he needs to be totally satisfied this time that he is the boss.

7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Why would RN feel constrained anymore under JJ than he (speculating) maybe felt under Levein?

Your speculation is very close to the truth

1 hour ago, Disco Ball said:

Your speculation is very close to the truth

Tell us more!

Ted Hastings

Just listening to the latest Keeping the Ball on the Ground podcast with Si Ferry. Kevin Kyle saying that he called up JJ to congratulate him upon hearing the news he was back at hearts and , without giving away any details, KK said that JJ told him he had 'a few problems to sort out'. 

Clearly to me this is the right appointment, a hearts man with a wealth of experience who has come in with a fresh pair of eyes and has been able to identify the problems with the set-up which have been clearly plaguing us the last few seasons on the pitch. Hopefully he is able to get our recruitment back on track.

Edited by Ted Hastings

magicjohnston
2 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Just listening to the latest Keeping the Ball on the Ground podcast with Si Ferry. Kevin Kyle saying that he called up JJ to congratulate him upon hearing the news he was back at hearts and , without giving away any details, KK said that JJ told him he had 'a few problems to sort out'. 

Clearly to me this is the right appointment, a hearts man with a wealth of experience who has come in with a fresh pair of eyes and has been able to identify the problems with the set-up which have been clearly plaguing us the last few seasons on the pitch. Hopefully he is able to get our recruitment back on track.

Funnily enough was just coming on to type this too.

Looking forward to having JJ back, he won't suffer fools gladly. Wish they gave examples of what the 'problems to sort out' were, sounds like Kevin Kyle couldn't believe some of the stuff JJ was saying!

2 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

I'm really pleased JJ is back. 

Its absolutely galling that despite starting with a clean slate barely 6 years ago Levein has already created problems worthy of sorting out. 

I wonder what those problems are? 

- high basic/low bonus needs flipped on its head. 

- recruitment needs gutted and started again with fresh eyes

- academy needs a review, return on investment has been non-existent (enough time has elapsed since 2014 for a player to have been sold on by now). 

TyphoonJambo
3 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Any links, i cant find it? 

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, magicjohnston said:

Funnily enough was just coming on to type this too.

Looking forward to having JJ back, he won't suffer fools gladly. Wish they gave examples of what the 'problems to sort out' were, sounds like Kevin Kyle couldn't believe some of the stuff JJ was saying!

Yeh definitely sounded they were more significant than anticipated. He’s the man to give things a kick up the @rse

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'm really pleased JJ is back. 

Its absolutely galling that despite starting with a clean slate barely 6 years ago Levein has already created problems worthy of sorting out. 

I wonder what those problems are? 

- high basic/low bonus needs flipped on its head. 

- recruitment needs gutted and started again with fresh eyes

- academy needs a review, return on investment has been non-existent (enough time has elapsed since 2014 for a player to have been sold on by now). 

That is definitely something which i think needs to be addressed. I can understand the thought process behind it but it comes down to gaining as much of a competitive spirit as possible in the squad, and knowing that win or lose they are getting paid the same isn’t providing the extra incentive they need. 

It’s probably too early to say with regards to the academy, but I definitely agree that the length of contract offered and allowing players to ultimately run them down and leave for free needs to be looked at. 

TyphoonJambo
6 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Brilliant, thanks for that

3 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

That is definitely something which i think needs to be addressed. I can understand the thought process behind it but it comes down to gaining as much of a competitive spirit as possible in the squad, and knowing that win or lose they are getting paid the same isn’t providing the extra incentive they need. 

It’s probably too early to say with regards to the academy, but I definitely agree that the length of contract offered and allowing players to ultimately run them down and leave for free needs to be looked at. 

Like all things there is a balance, but we need losing to impact the players enough that they actually care if they lose. Evidently this season it didn't make a jolt of difference because win lose or draw they basically got the same amount. 

Theres a competitive side to it, obviously players that are looking at us, Aberdeen and Hibs invariably will go where the best contract is and high basic means most of their wage is guaranteed, But with better scouting, finding the right players at our level should be more of a buyers market than we appear to be making it (i.e the required talent to succeed at this level is less scarce because the quality in the league isn't that high compared to Spain or England). 

ford donald
On 21/07/2020 at 07:27, Debut 4 said:

JJ will be a huge help to RN,his experience,knowledge and contacts is huge.AB will not have to worry about the football side of things,when JJ

gets going..

Governor Tarkin
On 20/07/2020 at 00:08, JamboAl said:

Ah here comes Crookie with his nosey interventions and nothing to say on the topic.

We need more nosey interventions with nothing to say on the topic imo.

On 20/07/2020 at 16:41, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Like I said and beautifully demonstrated since. Asks for answers, gets them, deflects, ignores, goes on about injuries. Incredible stamina tbf.

:spoton:

On 20/07/2020 at 21:04, JamboAl said:

Do any of the remedies get rid of trollers who have nothing to say on the topic?

Still at the clinical trial stage.

On 20/07/2020 at 22:33, martoon said:

No names, no need, but what a pr1ck that poster is. 

No longer engage with him. 

Thank feck. 

:glorious: