• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is clearly as a crutch for Budge but it will be a cold day in hell when I am not happy to see JJ at the club.

:yas:

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree with that. I would say if David Weir wants the role, then he has just had a big increase in his chances of getting it.

Need to seriously up what we offered him if we want Weir. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This has brightened up my day. Top man, proper Jambo 😁😁😁

Celebrate with a pint.

I will.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This has brightened up my day. Top man, proper Jambo 😁😁😁

100% this.

Welcome home, legend. 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Jefferies for Levein basically. Very interesting. 

Not at all. Levein was DoF, JJ is advising the Board for six months until things settle down. Won’t have any input to first team. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

How will this work exactly with his Sporting Director role at Edinburgh City?

It’s really just another non-exec type of position advising the Board on footballing matters. Should actually strengthen the links between the two clubs. 

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Brilliant.

I can never thank you enough for that cup final 1998.

That was ""the""" one for me.......!

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not at all. Levein was DoF, JJ is advising the Board for six months until things settle down. Won’t have any input to first team. 

By the end Levein was an advisor 

Well chuffed at hearing this 

Legend is handed about too easily these days but if ever there was a man that was truly befitting I’d the title, it’s JJ

Welcome home Jim. Great to see you back 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏♥️♥️♥️

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Its the DOF role.

With his teaboy all ready in the building 😀😀

Not sure it is the DoF role. Good to have some independent football eyes and ears working with the board. Certainly a popular appointment. 

Excellent news. Not one Hearts fan can be unhappy with this surely.

A couple of beers tonight to celebrate the homecoming of a true Hearts great.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure it is the DoF role. Good to have some independent football eyes and ears working with the board. Certainly a popular 

"Jim has agreed to join us for 6 months, on a part-time basis, to give Ann and the Board advice and guidance on a range of footballing matters.  Jim will work closely with Ann during the transfer window, which has now opened, to help make the changes to the squad that Robbie feels are needed."

I'd say thats the DOF role... 😀

Great news, sounds like an excellent short term decision from AB.

Edited by Rooster20

Randy Marsh
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Excellent news. Not one Hearts fan can be unhappy with this surely.

A couple of beers tonight to celebrate the homecoming of a true Hearts great.

Craig Levein will be unhappy.  Unless he is actually a Raith Robbers fan. 

Captain Scarlett

Advisor to the board of directors.What does that even mean. Confused.

Edited by Captain Scarlett

the man gave me the greatest footballing day of my life in 1998.

we are going to need proper hearts men fighting our corner over the next few months.

him and robbie will hopefully do that.

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Craig Levein will be unhappy.  Unless he is actually a Raith Robbers fan. 

Going on their sponsored walk. Probably.

😁

Welcome home big  J. 

I will be toasting your return with a cold beer 🍺 or 🍻at 1pm

very clever appointment by Ann and 💕 

4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Advisor to the board of directors.What does that even mean. Confused.

Essentially he's our temporary sporting director. Means he can oversee things that Budge might not feel comfortable doing and lend a hand to Robbie without the full responsibilities of a full time sporting director. Probably the perfect role for all parties. Even if an SD is appointed, I'd still like to see JJ kept on the board in a similar capacity.

20 minutes ago, kila said:

How will this work exactly with his Sporting Director role at Edinburgh City?

Evening News say he has left Edinburgh City 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s really just another non-exec type of position advising the Board on footballing matters. Should actually strengthen the links between the two clubs. 

He's actually left Edinburgh City now.

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2020/07/15/club-statement-7/

Edinburgh City FC Confirms Jim Jefferies’ Departure 

The Club can today confirm that Sporting Director Jim Jefferies has left his role in order to return to Heart of Midlothian. The board would like to place on record its thanks to Jim for all the hard work, experience and enthusiasm he has brought to the Club since joining in February 2017. Having such a well-known and popular figure in Scottish Football involved in and representing Edinburgh City has helped to elevate the Club’s presence since joining the SPFL and his knowledge of the game has been invaluable over the last four years.

Chairman Jim Brown was keen to pay tribute to Jim for his contribution to the Club .

“I would like to thank Jim for being a major part of the Club and helping us develop and transition from the Lowland League to becoming an established SPFL side, challenging at the top of League 2. Jim’s experience really has been second to none and he will always be a major part of the Club’s story.”
“While there is of course sadness to see Jim depart, even when I persuaded him to get involved with the Club in 2017, I thought that we only ever had him on loan from Hearts, as my feeling was that he would be needed there at some point in the future.”
Everyone at the Club wishes Jim the best of luck in his new role at Hearts; he will always be a welcome guest at Ainslie Park in the future.

#OurECFC

14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well chuffed at hearing this 

Legend is handed about too easily these days but if ever there was a man that was truly befitting I’d the title, it’s JJ

Welcome home Jim. Great to see you back 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏♥️♥️♥️

So I take it you are undoubtedly pleased with this news, and not before time too

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

Backwards step by the club, can't see what he can possibly add to the club.

Said nobody ever!!!!

:jjyay: 

Midloth_Iain
1 minute ago, kila said:

He's actually left Edinburgh City now.

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2020/07/15/club-statement-7/

Edinburgh City FC Confirms Jim Jefferies’ Departure 

The Club can today confirm that Sporting Director Jim Jefferies has left his role in order to return to Heart of Midlothian. The board would like to place on record its thanks to Jim for all the hard work, experience and enthusiasm he has brought to the Club since joining in February 2017. Having such a well-known and popular figure in Scottish Football involved in and representing Edinburgh City has helped to elevate the Club’s presence since joining the SPFL and his knowledge of the game has been invaluable over the last four years.

Chairman Jim Brown was keen to pay tribute to Jim for his contribution to the Club .

“I would like to thank Jim for being a major part of the Club and helping us develop and transition from the Lowland League to becoming an established SPFL side, challenging at the top of League 2. Jim’s experience really has been second to none and he will always be a major part of the Club’s story.”
“While there is of course sadness to see Jim depart, even when I persuaded him to get involved with the Club in 2017, I thought that we only ever had him on loan from Hearts, as my feeling was that he would be needed there at some point in the future.”
Everyone at the Club wishes Jim the best of luck in his new role at Hearts; he will always be a welcome guest at Ainslie Park in the future.

#OurECFC

classy statement.

welcome home JJ

:fonzie:

Good for club.

In lots of ways. Strengthens the club. 

Someone else the idiots in media and at other clubs won't mess with. 

Great appointment.  Loves the club but also takes no shit approach.   I can see JJ working alongside Neilson if needed, not above him barking down orders.

Legend is right for JJ, along with billy brown the 2 not only masterminded our cup win, but awoke our club and help bring in a new era for HMFC.

Just now, Elshin said:

Great appointment.  Loves the club but also takes no shit approach.   I can see JJ working alongside Neilson if needed, not above him barking down orders.

Legend is right for JJ, along with billy brown the 2 not only masterminded our cup win, but awoke our club and help bring in a new era for HMFC.

I like to think BB did his bit in 2012, too. The Hibs.nuts seem to think so. 😂