JJ back in town

Dusk_Till_Dawn

A Shoreditch Heart

I will always love him for this game - he played in the previous derby and was one of the few that was in the team for the following season. He is pretty much the happiest man on the pitch 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Well it’s not going to be a Levein type situation where JJ rules the roost and what he says is what happens, but he’s been asked to advise because of his experience and stature in the game and particularly with our club. If he advises that a player isn’t signed, I expect that advice to be followed. If he advises a player is a good fit, in conjunction with Robbie agreeing, I expect us to progress on that advice and try and sign the player. 

So you are saying JJ has the final veto on signing players???? Surely not ??
You are suggesting JJ picks the players we should sign, gets Robbie’s ok then goes ahead?? Surely not? 
This is just a straight swop JJ for CL based on your comments. Surely not? 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Nice to have a role for him but not entirely optimistic about him being involved with identifying players to sign.  Can't be worse than Levein and John Murray so that's a huge positive. Welcome Home JJ. 

JJ and John Murray are very good mates. 

33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

JJ can find us players. He can do that job nae bother for a couple of years and play golf. 

Delighted to have him back. 🇱🇻 

Don’t think he has been hired as a scout. He has been hired to advise the Board on footballing matters on a part time basis for 6 months. Hardly likely to allow someone on that basis be responsible for identifying new players. 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ll see your 5 and raise you 10

McCann

Weir

Adam

Flogel

Fulton

Cameron

Salvatore

Rosset

Niemi

Bruno

Not to mention he also signed all 4 Hearts goalscorers in the 5-1 final ! (Although tbf Gowser just came back from loan in 2010 rather than signed) 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

ford donald
12 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Great move to bring JJ back, he'll be invaluable until all the off field crap dies down.

AB will be grateful when she sees what he can bring to the table.she will be thinking if only.....

Very pleased the big man is back. Mr Hearts. Remember always finding it odd when I was younger that he was managing Killie. It was like they had something that didn't belong to them! :D 

I wish he'd been brought in alongside Levein, think he would have tempered Leveins influence on the football massively. Something to learn from though. 

I would think he is one of the most respected figures across the spectrum of Scottish football if not the most respected.

There is a Maori word, taonga.  It means treasure.  Jim Jefferies is Hearts taonga.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

There were some clangers too:

Fitzroy Simpson

Gordan Petric

Hans Eskillson

Kevin James

Leigh Jenkinson

Even Sir Alex signed some shit in his time , it's impossible not to . 

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Even Sir Alex signed some shit in his time , it's impossible not to . 

Nothing wrong with Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba. That Bebe was a player too... 

Bazzas right boot

Really Good short term appointment. 

Welcome back jj. 

Explains the holding off for a dof as well. 

Castle rock
1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Nothing wrong with Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba. That Bebe was a player too... 

William pruner. 

Said ages ago he should've been at Tynecastle in some capacity. He's been asked (when Levein was in charge) if he would consider going back and making a contribution and he said that if Ann asked him he would be pleased. He was as sick of what he was watching as we were! The impression I got was that he wouldn't be interested in management but would enjoy working with the club in an advisory capacity. Glad he's around, hopefully he will be part of the process of picking a Director of Football. Knows what Hearts fans want and expect so couldn't have a better person to have around.

Edited by jambonian

thecarnbeejambo

delighted hes back, will make sure the board focus their efforts on whats best for the club..welcome home boss

If Budge had appointed JJ as DOF when she took over, and kept Locke as Boss. The move she has regretted ever since.

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

If Budge had appointed JJ as DOF when she took over, and kept Locke as Boss. The move she has regretted ever since.

Any transfer news?? 

15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Doubt it Daza. She had the chance to have JJ, McCann and Locke in December but didn’t take so I doubt she saw it as a missed opportunity from five years ago. 

15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Yeah, sure she really regretted that when we romped the championship and finished third in the Premiership. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ll see your 5 and raise you 10

McCann

Weir

Adam

Flogel

Fulton

Cameron

Salvatore

Rosset

Niemi

Bruno

Exactly, and many other good signings.

Personally, I thought big Hans was amazing.

7 minutes ago, Rousset1 said:

Exactly, and many other good signings.

Personally, I thought big Hans was amazing.

Don't. 

gashauskis9

JJ maybe isn’t known for flash signings, but he’s great at signing strong characters who’ll run through a brick wall for the cause.  Even if you look at his second term - Stevenson, Grainger, Elliott, Kyle.  Also made a huge difference to Barr and Black, and of course brought Rudi back.  

I’ve no problem at all with him providing transfer advice.  His record at Hearts on a tight budget will never be matched imo.  

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not to mention he also signed all 4 Hearts goalscorers in the 5-1 final ! (Although tbf Gowser just came back from loan in 2010 rather than signed) 

Signed Sleeves who played a big part too... Wanted Capaldi rather than Skacel though, mind... 😬

Still a big welcome back from me though.

ford donald
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

:pleased::hartley:

LondonJambo1985

Over the moon at this news. Absolute legend. Hopefully I’ll get the pleasure to meet him one day and shake his hand! 

Bunny Munro
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

I don't want to derail this thread, but if Budge regrets not keeping Locke as boss she's mental. There'd be no relegation as we'd still be in championship.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Willie Hamilton genius
7 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I don't want to derail his thread, but if Budge regrets not keeping Locke as boss she's mental. There'd be no relegation as we'd still be in championship.

She doesn't, and she's not.

9 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

-Ox0cO.gif

My absolute favourite manager celebration ever! 😍 I'm so ****ing happy JJ is back. Jambos don't come any better!

Welcome home Jim, the world is a better place when he is at Tynecastle. Delighted that Mr Hearts is back in his rightful place!

:pleasing:

underwaterwoodwelder

Welcome home JJ. 
We all know you Bleed maroon and any advice from you is always from the head and heart.

Absolute legend.

FTH

7 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

59db68655ae1a8c9e27e9d8fe8de8c9d.jpg

😂😂😂

Think he might also have signed Cruyff's son or auntie or something for gazillions and he was a flop.

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

I agree with you 100%. We'd also have got Rudi back to punish Hibs even more.

Everyone makes mistakes and hindsight is great but the appointment of Levein proved to be a catastrophic error.

niblick1874
9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think he has been hired as a scout. He has been hired to advise the Board on footballing matters on a part time basis for 6 months. Hardly likely to allow someone on that basis be responsible for identifying new players. 

Why?

niblick1874
6 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:wub:

I fed of that for quite a while. It gave me a warm feeling. The way he looks around and grabbed the nearest Jambo.  That and him singing the Hearts song when he was sent to the stand. It's his house. It's his home. 

Edited by niblick1874

8 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I fed of that for quite a while. It gave me a warm feeling. The way he looks around and grabbed the nearest Jambo.  That and him singing the Hearts song when he was sent to the stand. It's his house. It's his home. 

Good man. I love JJ.

I like you too, Niblick. 👍

It’s often overlooked but JJ was superb at bringing through young players and making them adapt to first team level. 

Im not sure if he’ll have that strength of influence this time but hopefully he casts an eye over the reserves/youths and gives a few pointers.