JJ back in town

Dusk_Till_Dawn

manaliveits105

Definitely best cup win manager - broke the bogie and although 2012 was great it was an expected win .

JJ knocking on Doncasters door as we speak - Soprano style.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• wavydavy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Superb to have JJ at the club. Like Robbo, he should be on the pay roll for life and do whatever he thinks needs done. 

Welcome home, Mr Hearts. 

12 minutes ago, kila said:

He's actually left Edinburgh City now.

http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2020/07/15/club-statement-7/

Edinburgh City FC Confirms Jim Jefferies’ Departure 

The Club can today confirm that Sporting Director Jim Jefferies has left his role in order to return to Heart of Midlothian. The board would like to place on record its thanks to Jim for all the hard work, experience and enthusiasm he has brought to the Club since joining in February 2017. Having such a well-known and popular figure in Scottish Football involved in and representing Edinburgh City has helped to elevate the Club’s presence since joining the SPFL and his knowledge of the game has been invaluable over the last four years.

Chairman Jim Brown was keen to pay tribute to Jim for his contribution to the Club .

“I would like to thank Jim for being a major part of the Club and helping us develop and transition from the Lowland League to becoming an established SPFL side, challenging at the top of League 2. Jim’s experience really has been second to none and he will always be a major part of the Club’s story.”
“While there is of course sadness to see Jim depart, even when I persuaded him to get involved with the Club in 2017, I thought that we only ever had him on loan from Hearts, as my feeling was that he would be needed there at some point in the future.”
Everyone at the Club wishes Jim the best of luck in his new role at Hearts; he will always be a welcome guest at Ainslie Park in the future.

#OurECFC

Pity, though no doubt he can return next year. 

john thomas
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Happy with this. I still think JJ is not the right man long term for the sporting director role, but as an advisor in the short term he is useful and wise descision to get him advising the board on football matters in the meantime

Bang on

26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

"Jim has agreed to join us for 6 months, on a part-time basis, to give Ann and the Board advice and guidance on a range of footballing matters.  Jim will work closely with Ann during the transfer window, which has now opened, to help make the changes to the squad that Robbie feels are needed."

I'd say thats the DOF role... 😀

DOF is not  a part time role, nor is it an advisory role.  The DOF has executive authority to make decisions within agreed parameters and budget.

wonder if he'll be on the blower to any of the 98 squad asking if they know any players that might be of interest. some good contacts in there alone.

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

Backwards step by the club, can't see what he can possibly add to the club.

Said nobody ever!!!!

:jjyay: 

Just about launched in at you there 😎

then I scrolled down 😀

34 minutes ago, TWF said:

So I take it you are undoubtedly pleased with this news, and not before time too

ONWARDS and UPWARDS

Definitely happy with this 👍

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

DOF is not  a part time role, nor is it an advisory role.  The DOF has executive authority to make decisions within agreed parameters and budget.

I think you are right.

He has been hired for 6 months to advise the Board which IMO means he will be a sounding board for AB on the more football side of the business. That leaves RN free to get on with 1st team playing matters but I'd be surprised also if he did not bend JJ's ear too from time to time. 

Bunny Munro

It sounds like he'll do the role of sporting director without becoming a formal director.

I wonder if it was us, or him, that doesnt see JJ as the SD. 

This is without a doubt positive news. 

Feels like an Arnie moment.

Feels like the gunboat skipper in "Dr No"

Feels like General Douglas Macarthur 

THEY ALL STATED "They SHALL RETURN"!!!!!!!!

At least JJ will not be "Home Alone" as he will have the Hearts Family to lend a hand

john thomas
22 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Surely that would be decided by the employer

Glamorgan Jambo

Would love to see JJ appointed as a board director after the Sporting Director appointment is made. We’re missing a football voice from there’s just now.

Brilliant news! Hearts man and hearts legend, Will only advise whats in our best interests. Welcome home Mr Jim.

9 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Would love to see JJ appointed as a board director after the Sporting Director appointment is made. We’re missing a football voice from there’s just now.

If he's able after 6 months and enjoy's his return , would make him a board Director , just as you have said. 

A winner.

Knows the game inside out.

Will subtly promote attacking football even though in a more distant role.  

:pleasing:

Fraggle Rock

Great move by the club, another way of bringing the fans together again.

Do you think we can get him in beside the fans starting a few songs during match day? 😊.

Welcome home JJ.

Welcome home JJ, a man who breathes, bleeds and his very heart beats Heart of Midlothian. 

Geddyalexneil

Terrific news. 

A man that knows and loves the club. 

Hopefully like others have mentioned he might in the future take on some sort of role on the board. We need someone with not only good knowledge of the game but bleeds maroon. 

Welcome home JJ! 

Edited by Geddyalexneil

Story from back in the 90's in his first stint. After a few dodgy results early in his tenure, and after a particularly bad one, got the players gathered for a "chat" I heard it went as follows......"If things carry on like this, people will find their careers here being suddenly over. Could be some of you, could be me. Let me share something with you......IT'S NO GONNAE BE ME!"

Legend.