Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Captain Canada
7 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

Washington talking to Charlton

I like Washington but wouldn't lose any sleep over him leaving for a fee. He doesn't have a great goal scoring record and we need more clinical finishers in the squad. 

Despite being in the Championship, I wouldn't put money on him, Uche or Wighton to score 5 goals or more in the 27 league games. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Clare is too good for the second tier of Scottish fitba. Cracking player on his day but was on a hiding to nothing under the losers that were Levein and the hippy.

Would loved to see him at Hearts when we were actually a football club. Another day under Budge and another backward step. I understand why we are selling him but it has all been a waste of time and money. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You obviously have never watched him.

Like the time he actually avoided an attacker against motherwell which caused them to score. 

there I no doubt at all he came on massively under Stendel.  BUT I agree with you, there were stilll fundamental things he was doing incorrectly. He wasn’t a right back, he didn’t know how to defend .. I’ll be honest no ide what his best position was ? I still think a 10

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Seem to recall we had to pay a development fee to somebody. If I remember correctly the negotiation of that held up the deal for a week or two. 

Yep another poster just reminded me of that, which certainly rings a bell

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

He was coming  back from a long term injury when he signed and thrown in too quickly, same story for a few others too. 

He wasn't fit enough initially and was played all over the place which didn't help him settle. 

We saw under Stendel what a good player be can be if managed correctly. 

I agree. He also came into the side when its confidence in the squad was low and arguably has never played when the squad has been doing well. I think his confidence was shot for a while. As you say Stendel managed to get that out of him. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

there I no doubt at all he came on massively under Stendel.  BUT I agree with you, there were stilll fundamental things he was doing incorrectly. He wasn’t a right back, he didn’t know how to defend .. I’ll be honest no ide what his best position was ? I still think a 10

Always thought he struggled at times when he couldnt see the game in front of him. Didnt like him at 10 for that reason, you need to be comfortable receiving the ball back to goal to play as a 10. When he played RB the game was in front of him, looked good attacking from there (albeit still not a good defender). 

Good luck to him, dont think he is a big loss though.

Willie Hamilton genius
32 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We got more for Mulraney and he wasn’t even half the player Clare is. £150k if true is disappointing 

Or to put it another way, we got 10 times as much for Mulraney as he was worth

27 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

if ever a player summed up Hearts under Levein then its Sean Clare.

Glimpes of ability and talent but lack of application and effort.

He did buy into Stendel and played well from Dec - Mar. 

Think the Championship would have been too physical for him at centre midfield.

Personally, under Levein, I witnessed him pretty consistently making intelligent runs into space and forever not getting picked out with that killer pass. Incidentally, I also met him during a 'meet the players' type event and he was, for sure, a smart cookie, very likeable, and a good ambassador so to speak (as were all the other players that day). Sorry to see him go. He seemed to be one of the team who got pelters for any minor bit of 'wrong-doing'.

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fair enough, i certainly have more faith in Robbie to get players in the right position, that

is very important.

Edited by Harry Potter

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Guys, we are in the championship.. we will want as few players earning north of £5k per week as possible. 

CUTS are the priority - not fees.

Some people are getting carried away thinking we are loaded and benefactor will pick up the bills for everything  

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

You obviously have never watched him.

Like the time he actually avoided an attacker against motherwell which caused them to score. 

I have watched him plenty. I have eyes and therefore I know you’re talking complete and utter drivel.

8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If we could get rid of White, Wighton, Walker, Uche, Damour and Doyle that would also be trumps.

Sadly they're the kind of dross (except Walker) we'll likely be left with...though we'll still have folk saying Wighton just needs time 5 years from now.

10 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can imagine that he has a club lined up, so we release him so he is free to move. If there was a fee that club would not go for him. So better for us to end contract saving money on wages than wait for someone to maybe pay some money for him.

Thats the rub .. so far any interest from a Club has died as he does not want to take a drop in wages. To move him on quickly Hearts need to pay part wages

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have watched him plenty. I have eyes and therefore I know you’re talking complete and utter drivel.

Whatever, you probably think that man u keeper was good, goodbye.

10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If we could get rid of White, Wighton, Walker, Uche, Damour and Doyle that would also be trumps.

Sad thing is, apart from Uche,  I’d have to google those names to remember who they are. 

Anonymous at best.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
44 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We got more for Mulraney and he wasn’t even half the player Clare is. £150k if true is disappointing 

Re this...

31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Guys, we are in the championship.. we will want as few players earning north of £5k per week as possible. 

CUTS are the priority - not fees.

This post

29 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

People moaning about the size of fees we’re letting players go for this summer. Remember we made the players take 30% wage cuts just a couple of months ago. We can’t then go holding the players to ransom when they get the opportunity to increase their wage elsewhere. 

I’m pretty sure part of the negotiations of the salary cuts (apart from threatening to invoke clause 12) would have been release clauses.  

And this post avoids me having to respond in more detail.

22 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I like Washington but wouldn't lose any sleep over him leaving for a fee. He doesn't have a great goal scoring record and we need more clinical finishers in the squad. 

Despite being in the Championship, I wouldn't put money on him, Uche or Wighton to score 5 goals or more in the 27 league games. 

Washington showed , in flashes , how good he is . When he got back to full fitness I thought he looked really good .

Probably , like Clare , not too keen on Scottish second tier .

Both players a big loss , I suppose less so because of where we are

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Whatever, you probably think that man u keeper was good, goodbye.

A sublime retort. And no, I won’t lose any sleep over a keeper who dives out of the way shots not coming back. Again, as I have eyes and can observe things for myself without being influenced by buzz words down the pub.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sadly they're the kind of dross (except Walker) we'll likely be left with...though we'll still have folk saying Wighton just needs time 5 years from now.

Walker has been dross since 2014.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

His golf handicap is improving though it seems... 👍🏌️

Edited by BackOfTheNet

ooh-aah-cantona
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I’ve been told that the last 3 as well as Michael Smith will not play for us in the Championship and their agents are speaking to clubs in England just now.

White wasn’t mentioned although I can see him or Garruico going as well as Hickey.

Neilson rates Walker so he ain’t going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hmmm thought he was looking one of our better players last season when he got that injury.

Personally there are plenty of players I would have preferred shifted before Clare, I also actually think we had not seen the full capabilities of Some players signed, due to the coaching and tactics, previously in place.  I hope and pray we can bring some of the youngsters through this season, 🙏🏻

Ainsley Harriott
9 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

I’ve been told that the last 3 as well as Michael Smith will not play for us in the Championship and their agents are speaking to clubs in England just now.

White wasn’t mentioned although I can see him or Garruico going as well as Hickey.

Sounds promising I think most of us would happily hit the reset button on our first team squad after the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

grumpyespana
11 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Sorry if posted earlier in the thread but Hemmings has quit Dundee today. Would be a good addition to the squad if Uche and Wighton go. 

Hemmings is another type of player who seems to do nothing so its a no form me guys.

9 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

This part pisses me off. Players saying they don’t want to play for us in the championship. I get it is not an appealing league but you were the players who put us in this position who are they to say they don’t want to play there. If you didn’t want to play there you shouldn’t of played so bloody crap all season and we wouldn’t of. Know smith was consistently good all season but it really angers me how players want out. 
you only get to leave if we want you out not the other way around! 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Hemmings is another type of player who seems to do nothing so its a no form me guys.

His middle name is Ruudi so cant be that bad an idea.

Just now, Kylejordan said:

This part pisses me off. Players saying they don’t want to play for us in the championship. I get it is not an appealing league but you were the players who put us in this position who are they to say they don’t want to play there. If you didn’t want to play there you shouldn’t of played so bloody crap all season and we wouldn’t of. Know smith was consistently good all season but it really angers me how players want out. 
you only get to leave if we want you out not the other way around! 

This season (and every season really) we want players in the team who are “up for it” and want to play for the jersey.  Last season we had far too many who were being paid good money and only going through the motions out on the park.  Quite simply players who put us into the position we are in and don’t have the heart for getting us out of the Championship are quite properly being shown the door. 

No boring journeymen to be signed please we have enough on the books already, if ever there was the chance to sign some top prospects from the lower divisions and bring them up to high standard this is it, time to go for it. Quality and a bit of muscle will walk the championship, muscle alone will not.

18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

His golf handicap is improving though it seems... 👍🏌️

Im not walkers biggest fan but you seem obsessed with him playing golf. 

Class of 75
26 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Totally agree. If Levein was still here he would be calling him his project 

TyphoonJambo

Every time i click on this thread i do so in the hope that it says "Damour gone" 

the general
22 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

Every player has said they are happy to stay .. but maybe their agents are trying to engineer moves

I don't mind if Clare or Washington leave - mainly because as we all know players will always come and go fairly frequently at Hearts. I think Clare would have (if application remained fixed, as I do think he turned it round) waltzed the Championship.

I do find it laughable as one article put it that 'players are looking for a clean slate following relegation' - not applying yourself in the Prem to the point where a club expected to finish well in the top half was rooted to the bottom is woeful. Perhaps players wanting to fix the issue they were part of would be admirable but hey - I'm not naive and that's football. Being lazy and mince still leaves the chance to say 'I'm not dropping down a league'!

35 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Or to put it another way, we got 10 times as much for Mulraney as he was worth

This is also true. We certainly mugged off Atalanta with that sale.

I also agree that we need to get our wage bill down but we can’t just tear up contracts and get players to leave. Sell the ones that we can get a fee for and bully the others in to leaving or try and legally drop their wages.

Every time I hear the mere mention of the name Damour, I physically want to vomit. Never again should we follow the mantra of signing players and throwing money about like confetti like the previous incumbent who has single handedly been responsible for wasting millions. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Im not walkers biggest fan but you seem obsessed with him playing golf. 

Grinds my gears to be honest. Follow a few players on Instagram and I see a lot of them busting a gut working out and all he does is play golf every second day. Now of course he’s entitled to and maybe works out plenty without it being filmed and that, but he’s never been the fittest and especially since he’s come back he’s incredibly slow. I suppose I don’t like how he seems to get a free pass from the support. Someone has accused another player for being lazy because in one particular game he didn’t track back - that’s Walker every game yet people never call him lazy. So I guess my golf jibes are to help balance out the criticism more fairly across the team.

ooh-aah-cantona
Just now, the general said:

Every player has said they are happy to stay .. but maybe their agents are trying to engineer moves

The thing is, no player in the current climate is going to say publicly they wish to leave or hand in a transfer request (to do with getting less money as a signing on fee I think) but there are players - via their agents - that are actively seeking a move. 

Normally that would mean Robbie has to bring in a lot of players to replace but given our current squad size and his preference to give youth a chance, it will only be half a dozen players in max I reckon.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Grinds my gears to be honest. Follow a few players on Instagram and I see a lot of them busting a gut working out and all he does is play golf every second day. Now of course he’s entitled to and maybe works out plenty without it being filmed and that, but he’s never been the fittest and especially since he’s come back he’s incredibly slow. I suppose I don’t like how he seems to get a free pass from the support. Someone has accused another player for being lazy because in one particular game he didn’t track back - that’s Walker every game yet people never call him lazy. So I guess my golf jibes are to help balance out the criticism more fairly across the team.

Except of course the time he broke his leg, tracking back and making a shot stopping tackle🤔

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Except of course the time he broke his leg, tracking back and making a shot stopping tackle🤔

Ugh, when I say Walker doesn’t track back I don’t mean he doesn’t track back at all, no professional player could get away with that. I mean every game there are instances where he is up the park walking or lightly jogging back, ball watching a lot when he could/should be tracking back. You can’t pretend he gets much mileage on game day or covers many areas of the pitch.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

I think the fact that Hickey, Clare and Washington are leaving and we have plenty of players in the current squad that could do a job to replace them just highlights how big our squad was. It also highlights that our squad to be in this position shows how badly managed they have been. Obviously would have liked these players to stay but not that bothered about them leaving either. Trust Neilson to make the right decisions. 

Ainsley Harriott

Jamie Walker sums up where we have gone wrong last couple of years. Signing players clearly past their best on good money who clearly don't give a shit.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, ooh-aah-cantona said:

The thing is, no player in the current climate is going to say publicly they wish to leave or hand in a transfer request (to do with getting less money as a signing on fee I think) but there are players - via their agents - that are actively seeking a move. 

Normally that would mean Robbie has to bring in a lot of players to replace but given our current squad size and his preference to give youth a chance, it will only be half a dozen players in max I reckon.

Exactly, why risk saying I want to leave then no move materialises and your left with supporters who cant stand you because you dont want to be here. Its much easier to say you are staying.

If all the people rumoured from here to be going, go. Then I make it a squad of 19. Which can make a First XI and 9 subs (as will be the case under the new rules.)

Gordon

Brandon Souttar Halkett Garuccio

Walker  Haring Irving  Moore

Boyce Naismith

Subs: Zlamel, Hamilton, Berra, White, Cochrane, Lee, McDonald, Morrison, Henderson

That is still a quality team and enough to win the Championship, with a few additions it will be strong.

16 hours ago, JamboAl said:

As the late Denis Healey said of Geoffrey Howe, it's like being savaged by a dead sheep.

As the late Denis Healey said What A Silly Billy.

Image result for Denis Healey Calling Someone A Silly Billy

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, why risk saying I want to leave then no move materialises and your left with supporters who cant stand you because you dont want to be here. Its much easier to say you are staying.

If all the people rumoured from here to be going, go. Then I make it a squad of 19. Which can make a First XI and 9 subs (as will be the case under the new rules.)

Gordon

Boyce Naismith

Subs: Zlamel, Hamilton, Berra, White, Cochrane, Lee, McDonald, Morrison, Henderson

That is still a quality team and enough to win the Championship, with a few additions it will be strong.

That team desperately needs pace. Otherwise the makings of a half decent side. 

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Gordon

Boyce Naismith

A good enough side to win the Championship, but a horrific lack of pace all round.

Stendelnator

Washington is a quality player but he is not suited to playing for a team that will dominate possession and face teams sitting behind the ball. He’s a counter attack player as his goal against Hibs showed. That’s why Northern Ireland use him a lot. 

He’s a grafter and gave us a great moment at Easter Road. Although incidentally if Uche leaves, all five of our goal scorers against Hibs last season will be leaving or will have left this summer.