Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

the general
33 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Really disappointed Clare if is leaving. A versatile young player who put up with a lot of criticism and ultimately proved his critics wrong. A bit like with Djoum, I think he will be sorely missed if he goes.

Unless Oxford are paying a big fee which seems highly unlikely I don't think this makes sense for Hearts. Clare is probably keen to get back down south but other the wages argument I would prefer that we play hardball and see if another club comes in or force Oxford to up their bid.

Agreed completely

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Hectormasson
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

Absolutely if true.......we should want at least 300/400 grand.....

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Absolutely if true.......we should want at least 300/400 grand.....

No idea if that figure is true or not but I suppose also need to take in to account wages we are clearing.

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah wasn’t me on that one mate 

Cool. Think @Barack answered that one for me anyway. 👍

Ainsley Harriott
53 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

between Walker, Boyce and Naismith, or even Halkett, we should be able to find a penalty taker, not that we'll get any....

Naismith missed more than he scored

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Did they think Hickey was the “best” or the one with most footballing ability but lacking in experience. In an event, no one can accuse Levein of being unaware of young players: he watched the reserve and youth teams a lot more than most first team managers do. Perhaps he just didn’t want to push him in too soon or perhaps he was hoping to get him tied down to a longer term contract before he alerted the world.

Who knows but he tried everyone else there including that mug Mulraney. 

38 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Really disappointed Clare if is leaving. A versatile young player who put up with a lot of criticism and ultimately proved his critics wrong. A bit like with Djoum, I think he will be sorely missed if he goes.

Unless Oxford are paying a big fee which seems highly unlikely I don't think this makes sense for Hearts. Clare is probably keen to get back down south but other the wages argument I would prefer that we play hardball and see if another club comes in or force Oxford to up their bid.

I would hardly say he proved his critics wrong just because he had a couple of good months.

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I wonder if a lot of players have a release fee in their contracts because of the situation?  

Yep.  I wouldn’t be getting excited about any of our players going for anywhere near their market value (Hickey being the exception).

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But he might not have grabbed it with both hands if his chance had come 15/16 months earlier. Never heard of kids inexperience, lack of maturity etc?  Don’t answer because we will never know. I was just pointing out that there were more than Levein who didn’t think he was ready including national coaches who certainly know better than you and I and probably know better than a number of our academy coaches. 

What are you on about, I’m talking about January 2019 when four months later he has made his debut, played at Celtic Park and then marked James Forrest out  the game in a cup final at Hampden. In all honesty who gives a flying **** what those failures who coach the Scotland teams at under age levels think. 

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Yep.  I wouldn’t be getting excited about any of our players going for anywhere near their market value (Hickey being the exception).

Or majestic sell on fees to the league 1 sides.  More likely getting players on good money off the books.  The NI guys will be gone I think too. 

Austin MacGlee

Shame it didn't work out for SC when he was here. He was just starting to show his talent but I wish him well and hope we put the wages to good use.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Naismith missed more than he scored

Probably why he wouldn't be first choice. Walker was great at pens for a while.

Leveins Battalion

Without sounding like a broken record I wouldn't lose any sleep over any of the squad from last season leaving.

Aside from their pathetic performances for me their attitude and body language was equally as bad.

Now if Neilson and JJ have looked at this and decided they want a mass clear out they have my full support.

I wish Clare and Hickey all the best but for me HMFC moves on to a brighter future.🇱🇻

Sean Clare arrival coincided with the down turn in our form. Hopefully the long awaited change in form arrives with his departure. He must have one of the worst win rates in our history.

Overall an expensive flop. Probably more suited to playing in any other country than in Scotland.

Damor, Naismith, Washington or any other high earner can go to. They haven't earned their wage.

Kidd’s Boots

I was looking forward to seeing Sean pushing on this season under RN after finding himself again under Stendel. Really felt we were starting to see what he was capable of, but wish him all the best for the future. 

Kenneth Dubeke
29 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

The  “lower quality equivalents” might offer more than those they replace.

Appears to work for most of the SPL compared to us 

Thankfully I dont see Neilson tolerating the shite Levein did 

Kenneth Dubeke
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Sean Clare arrival coincided with the down turn in our form. Hopefully the long awaited change in form arrives with his departure. He must have one of the worst win rates in our history.

Overall an expensive flop. Probably more suited to playing in any other country than in Scotland.

Damor, Naismith, Washington or any other high earner can go to. They haven't earned their wage.

What sort of fitness we see from Naismith this coming season remains to be seen. If he plays around 50% of a shortened season I'd be very worried about what he can offer next year at 35 

We really need a sustained period of good form and fitness from him 

3fingersreid

Disappointed to see him go but can fully understand why . 

Best of luck Sean hope you achieve lots in football .

Whilst he might’ve been hot or cold on the field , off the field he was a true gentleman and encouraged my daughter and talked to her frequently about her game for the Hearts ladies . Maybe now she’ll not get in as many arguments at the games ( when we’re back) after defending him quite vociferously 

Captain Canada

Sorry to see Clare go. He improved so much under Stendel and he's a really nice guy too. 

We're not in a position to turn down money and I think the quoted fee of £150k is reasonable for the level he's at. Hopefully there's a good sell on percentage. 

We still have Smith and Brandon who can play right back and Clare isn't really a winger. I think Walker will be first choice on the right of midfield under Neilson anyway. 

I'd still like to see a few more players leaving. Probably Damour, Doyle, Uche and Wighton for starters.

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Sorry to see Clare go. He improved so much under Stendel and he's a really nice guy too. 

We're not in a position to turn down money and I think the quoted fee of £150k is reasonable for the level he's at. Hopefully there's a good sell on percentage. 

We still have Smith and Brandon who can play right back and Clare isn't really a winger. I think Walker will be first choice on the right of midfield under Neilson anyway. 

I'd still like to see a few more players leaving. Probably Damour, Doyle, Uche and Wighton for starters.

🙏

2 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

What sort of fitness we see from Naismith this coming season remains to be seen. If he plays around 50% of a shortened season I'd be very worried about what he can offer next year at 35 

We really need a sustained period of good form and fitness from him 

I can't see Naismith playing week in week out against QoS, Alloa etc and would be surprised if he manages 15 games. Maybe we will winning so easily we can afford to sub him after an hour to keep him fresh. Maybe he will find his shooting boots again. If he scored half the chances he got in the last few games we wouldn't have got relegated.

I think we signed Clare for 150k so selling for the same seems fair, almost looks like a relegation release clause type as well, you buy for an amount and sell at the same price.  If not hopefully we get a % sell on added onto it.  I think he has developed since we bought him so a sell on is fair to me.

Leveins Battalion

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Still loads of shite to punt to free up wages.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Clare out Odonell in

When it’s being rumoured that O’Donnell has turned down Oxford to wait for an offer from a Championship side it’s not us or this country.

Stendelnator

Sean Clare has a terrific attitude and a good head on his shoulders. He should be a great role model for kids and I hope he has a great career. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

I like Garrucio.  Hendo is still young, he's ok.  The rest 👎

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Brandon and Henderson have just signed new deals. If Garuccio and White go whose going to play LB with Hickey going too? Add Washington into that list. 

52 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

Interested how this is poor business? How would you have approached it?

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Could get a six figure sum for Washington.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brandon and Henderson have just signed new deals. If Garuccio and White go whose going to play LB with Hickey going too? Add Washington into that list. 

Good point about White and Ben :)  Not a bad combo for rotating, if they can both stay fit.  I would like the club to recruit or have on hand a young replacement for Hickey, so we can develop another young player.

Kenneth Dubeke
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When it’s being rumoured that O’Donnell has turned down Oxford to wait for an offer from a Championship side it’s not us or this country.

Good luck to Stephen O'Donnell.  It's a short career. I'd love to know who is managing his career aspirations for him as he isn't selling himself short 

Kenneth Dubeke
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ben G is extremely ordinary. I like Aidy White but fitness doubts remain. Both would see us through the season though 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Forgot about him,another that can go!

5 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

From who? Nobody wanted him as a free agent last season and hardly done amazing (injured I know and great goal at Easter road).  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Good point about White and Ben :)  Not a bad combo for rotating, if they can both stay fit.  I would like the club to recruit or have on hand a young replacement for Hickey, so we can develop another young player.

I’m not really up to date with who is up and coming in the LB spot, I think Garuccio is ok for Championship and White too, both OOC next summer, I think we might need to wait til then to really rejig the squad.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Good luck to Stephen O'Donnell.  It's a short career. I'd love to know who is managing his career aspirations for him as he isn't selling himself short 

Yeah he’s not lacking in confidence 😃

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Kenneth Dubeke said:

Ben G is extremely ordinary. I like Aidy White but fitness doubts remain. Both would see us through the season though 

Agreed. 

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Couldnt agree more. Chuck Berra in there too. 

I dont think we’ll be knocking back 6 figure for any players at the moment

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Sean Clare has a terrific attitude and a good head on his shoulders. He should be a great role model for kids and I hope he has a great career. 

👏

Just now, Last Laff said:

From who? Nobody wanted him as a free agent last season and hardly done amazing (injured I know and great goal at Easter road).  

Exactly we didn't pay for him and he's not scored many goals, 3.  We helped return his fitness if anything.  I'd say his value could be about 500k depending on who and how many teams want him.  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-washington/profil/spieler/249815

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle - no one will want him.

Zlamal - see Doyle.

Brandon - just signed new deal.

White - see Doyle. 

Garrucio - can see him staying and playing regularly.

Damour - see Doyle.

Wighton - could leave on loan. No one will want him permanent.

Ikpeazu - may leave.

Henderson - will stay. Although in my opinion will never cut it.

Morrison - will leave.

Ainsley Harriott
43 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Agree the more wages we free up to bring in players that actually give a shit the better.

10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Forgot about him,another that can go!

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Two Northern Ireland matches next month, if he impress then who knows?

Scouts from all over the world will be watching.