Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Ordinary is better than bad and we've had very bad. Keep.

Last year of his contract, good enough for down there. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two Northern Ireland matches next month, if he impress then who knows?

Scouts from all over the world will be watching.

Our guys will be struggling to be fit for those games having only had three weeks training and no games. 

Captain Canada

It's crazy though when you see how unbalanced the squad still is. We had 4 left backs, 3 right backs, 3 senior keepers and 5 strikers. Sadly lacking pacy wingers and creative midfielders. 

Guest ToqueJambo
29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Still loads of shite to punt to free up wages.

Punt

Damour

Zlamal

Meh

Doyle - we do need a back-up keeper, I'd keep him over Zlamal as likely cheaper

Morrison - hasn't shown much

Wighton - don't rush to get rid as we might need a back-up striker and he can score in this league

Keep

Henderson - signed extension

Brandon - signed extension

Garrucio - decent, good attitude, will need a LB

Uche - very useful for the Champ

White - good experienced back-up on the left, could be our Eckersley

We won't be rushing into releasing lots of players and risking leaving ourselves short if some of the players we want to keep, like Boyce, leave for some reason. It's the Championship, Wighton was a standout last season there which should indicate the general level.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Punt

Damour

Zlamal

Meh

Wighton - don't rush to get rid as we might need a back-up striker and he can score in this league

Keep

We won't be rushing into releasing lots of players and risking leaving ourselves short if some of the players we want to keep, like Boyce, leave for some reason. It's the Championship, Wighton was a standout last season there which should indicate the general level.

All seems fair but not really getting Garrucio. Just his pace you think will see him through I’m the championship?

Not saying I agree with the rest of your comments but very kind to Garrucio there. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

All seems fair but not really getting Garrucio. Just his pace you think will see him through I’m the championship?

I liked him. One of the better LBs from the last few years, which isn't saying much. We won more than we lost when he played, including beating Celtic and Hibs and a few high-scoring wins against some of the smaller teams.

heartsfc_fan

Both Hickey and Clare into the last year of their contracts? Selling them now would make sense and we get cash now. We're not a Premiership club anymore so we need to cut our cloth.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I liked him. One of the better LBs from the last few years, which isn't saying much. We won more than we lost when he played, including beating Celtic and Hibs and a few high-scoring wins against some of the smaller teams.

Fair enough. Hadn’t really considered results with him in or out of the team. Always looked like he had pace and not much else to me. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

MORE than capable in the championship!

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. Hadn’t really considered results with him in or out of the team. Always looked like he had pace and not much else to me. 

He was one of a few players, like Lee and Uche, who started really well in 18/19 before all the injuries hit. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped for Mitchell, who was a bit of an unnecessary signing during Levein's signing spree that season, but I guess he wanted to make sure we had enough left backs given all the injuries to them! Then of course Mitchell and Garuccio both got injured 😂

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can't have enough left backs. They can be quite brittle. 

5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Good move for him for the experience and to further his career as a defender/defensive player.  He was a marvel in the DM role for as long as he was available here.  Will miss that, all the best to him.  I think the club should keep an eye on him but I think he will go onto bigger things.

👍

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He was one of a few players, like Lee and Uche, who started really well in 18/19 before all the injuries hit. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped for Mitchell, who was a bit of an unnecessary signing during Levein's signing spree that season, but I guess he wanted to make sure we had enough left backs given all the injuries to them! Then of course Mitchell and Garuccio both got injured 😂

Yeah it was some season for injuries. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Can't have enough left backs. They can be quite brittle. 

😂

32 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Exactly we didn't pay for him and he's not scored many goals, 3.  We helped return his fitness if anything.  I'd say his value could be about 500k depending on who and how many teams want him.  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-washington/profil/spieler/249815

If we get £500k for Washington it will be the best bit of business we’ve done since selling Craig Gordon. 

28 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Two Northern Ireland matches next month, if he impress then who knows?

Scouts from all over the world will be watching.

****in hope so :lol: 

3 hours ago, Maroonjam said:

100% this. The opportunity would be good to turn down. They have the whole set up much better over there than in Scotland. If he does go best of luck to the lad as he has huge potential 

I honestly hope the lad does the right thing, bud. 

Tragic if he stunts his progress by staying in Scotland under the tutelage of Neil Lennon. 

Lennon is a coaching pygmy. 

Please, please, please think with your head, Aaron, would be my advice. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah it was some season for injuries. 

😂

Didn't think it could get worse than that for injuries, then 19/20 came along.... Between those two seasons we've had enough injuries for about 10 seasons.

Willie Hamilton genius
33 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Exactly we didn't pay for him and he's not scored many goals, 3.  We helped return his fitness if anything.  I'd say his value could be about 500k depending on who and how many teams want him.  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-washington/profil/spieler/249815

Not a hope in hell we’d get 500k

lucky to get a third of that

I like Washington, but transfer market prices are always too high. Add in Covid and 100k is more realistic 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If we get £500k for Washington it will be the best bit of business we’ve done since selling Craig Gordon. 

If not, a frontline of Washington, Boyce, Naismith with Walker just behind them and Uche off the bench sounds good to me.

Leveins Battalion

The fact that after Clare leaves that will make it almost 13/14 players who have left from the 2019/20 season squad ,and in all honesty not 1 of them will be missed.....

That tells you all you need to know as to why we are where we are.

Signing keek in epic proportions. 

3 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

I like Washington, but transfer market prices are always too high. Add in Covid and 100k is more realistic 

I am not disagreeing.  If he goes to a league 1 side or less we might get nothing for him and a % sell on fee maybe.  If an Eng' Champ' side come on for him we might get a bit more, if more than 1 side we might get a bidding war going.

Just thought I'd post that incase anyone's interested.  Emphasis on Lee.

Hearts-linked duo set for sports leadership

Lee McCulloch and David Weir have just graduated from a top sports leadership course.

McCulloch is in advanced talks to become Robbie Neilson's assistant boss at Hearts while Weir has been heavily linked with the vacant sporting director role.

They both completed the two-year Master of Sport Directorship (MSD) from Manchester Metropolitan University.

McCulloch said: “I felt I wanted to accomplish something that was out my comfort zone. I’m not a very academic person, and after meeting the MSD tutors and staff I decided to take the challenge.

“The course itself was rigorous and enjoyable and I met a wide range of professional sports people, which really helped the learning experience. It was a journey of learning about myself as an individual, in group environments and also my leadership skills and style.”

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Punt

Damour

Zlamal

Meh

Keep

Let’s not rewrite history again, 3 goals in five games. 6 goals in 30 games down there doesn’t make him Shankland. 

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

£500k for Sean Clare 😂

That was Washington I was on about.  Or are you saying we got 500k for Clare? 😮 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Hold out for £150k. 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

That was Washington I was on about.  Or are you saying we got 500k for Clare? 😮 

we will not get anything like that for Washington. That’s just dreaming

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

oh ffs - the guy is on a massive wage, has one year to go on his contract, clearly wants to leave, was rotten for 75% of his time here.m and you want a fee only a championship club could pay 😂

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

we will not get anything like that for Washington. That’s just dreaming

Sold for 3m four years ago and just hitting his prime. He's been shite for us but I'd still be demanding atleast 500k from England.

If not, welcome to East End Park!

We should make sure we get a good deal for Clare

The English leagues are voting for a salary cap on Friday and deals completed before then will not count towards the cap but afterwards they will be counted in the salary cap..£2.5 million for league 1. (20/21 season)

When that cap comes in they could not give him the salary they require to get him to sign

Edited by CJGJ

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If not, a frontline of Washington, Boyce, Naismith with Walker just behind them and Uche off the bench sounds good to me.

What?  For Morton?  What’s the point in that? 

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Punt

Damour

Zlamal

Meh

Keep

Garuccio, Wighton and Uche will do well this season IMO.

Just now, CJGJ said:

We should make sure we get a good deal for Clare

The English leagues are voting for a salary cap on Friday and deals completed before then will not count towards the cap but afterwards they will be counted in the salary cap..£2.5 million for league 1. (20/21 season)

When that cap comes in they could not give him the salary the require to get him to sign

A good deal was the fantasy Levein said about him when he signed.  Right now him off the books and some cash is a good deal.  I don’t think we will miss him in the championship and he can leave for zero next season. 

Zlamal away? Not been on here much the past few days and seen someone say on Twitter that he is.

Can't see Hickey going to Bologna if it's true that Bayern are keen.

Салатные палочки
Just now, Locky said:

Zlamal away? Not been on here much the past few days and seen someone say on Twitter that he is.

Can't see Hickey going to Bologna if it's true that Bayern are keen.

He was in the footage of the first day back at training. 

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Garuccio, Wighton and Uche will do well this season IMO.

We need to look at the bigger picture here, it's OK building a team/squad to get us back to the premiership however Garuccio, Wighton and Uche aren't good enough for the premiership which means building a team for championship then trying to move players on next season again and rebuilding again. 

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We need to look at the bigger picture here, it's OK building a team/squad to get us back to the premiership however Garuccio, Wighton and Uche aren't good enough for the premiership which means building a team for championship then trying to move players on next season again and rebuilding again. 

Look on the bright side, they'll be another year closer to their contracts expiring.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Burns and Clare gone

Whos next?

Doyle

Zlamal

Brandon

White

Garrucio 

Damour

Wighton

Ikpeazu

Henderson

Morrison

Still loads of shite to punt to free up wages.

Uche and Wighton contracts to be terminated. 

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not really up to date with who is up and coming in the LB spot, I think Garuccio is ok for Championship and White too, both OOC next summer, I think we might need to wait til then to really rejig the squad.

I cannot believe any of our fans are making a case to retain absolute losers, who won FOUR games out of THIRTY. This entire squad with very few exceptions need to be cleared out. No other team of our supposed stature would retain these duds!!!

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

He was in the footage of the first day back at training. 

Aye, I seen a clip of him. Hadn't seen anything myself but seen someone on Twitter saying he was off. Would be strange to punt him. He's better than Doyle and seems relatively content being back up to Gordon here.

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I'd rather keep players on who are Championship quality than bring more in. I agree we need to look at the bigger picture. A club of our stature should always bring in better than the teams around us at any level. But I'd rather not go signing more duds than what we already have.

Good luck to Clare, reality is though he has been a staple in the team during a turgid few years so I wont miss him. 

Think he will do well for Oxford.

Captain Canada

Sorry if posted earlier in the thread but Hemmings has quit Dundee today. Would be a good addition to the squad if Uche and Wighton go.