Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

5 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Clare away, six figure sum according to Edinburgh evening news

It’s a good move all round. We need to get rid of the loser mentality within that group. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Our squad is too big and we need to shed players, especially if Robbie wants to bring in 2 or 3. There are very few players in our squad that I will be heartbroken to see leave. If we can get a reasonable fee for Clare (or almost anyone else) we should take it. We should need a smaller squad than usual as we have a shorter league season.

Heres Rixxy

Disappointed to see Sean leave. Went through a tough time and came out the other side as one of our best performers. Still young and got good attributes. Would have ripped up the Championship IMO.

I assume he was perhaps one of the higher paid players which may explain our apparent willingness to sell.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

It’s a good move all round. We need to get rid of the loser mentality within that group. 

Bit harsh Clare was the only player trying a leg in majority of games last season 

1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

Bit harsh Clare was the only player trying a leg in majority of games last season 

I’m not having a go at Clare in particular. There is a loser mentality within that group of players. I think folk forget we won four games in the league last season. 

Sean clare is the type of player you will hear about in 5 years signing for his 9th club. Doesnt give enough over a season in my opinion.

Just now, Barack said:

He wasn't the highest earner at the club. That's also true.

Anyway, it's a moot point as he's now aff. Done.

Now, move on Damour and really save wages...

True.

True.

True.

:) 

Guest ToqueJambo

MIdfield needs the most work, including the wide areas, so with Clare, Bozanic and Burns away it's clear Neilson is prioritising midfield. So that's encouraging. Also good to get fees for players leaving under contract.

Jerah Jambo

He's had a hard time but still purring over that 91st min equaliser at McDiarmid in February, a cracking strike to salvage something from a game we should have won but nearly lost.

Best of luck.

Really disappointed Clare if is leaving. A versatile young player who put up with a lot of criticism and ultimately proved his critics wrong. A bit like with Djoum, I think he will be sorely missed if he goes.

Unless Oxford are paying a big fee which seems highly unlikely I don't think this makes sense for Hearts. Clare is probably keen to get back down south but other the wages argument I would prefer that we play hardball and see if another club comes in or force Oxford to up their bid.

Sad to see him go personally but I understand why the club and probably the player agree to move on. Good luck to the lad.  That equaliser in Perth was just a great feeling , and to see Tommy Wright lose the plot was worth it. Thanks for that in particular SC.

Edited by 1971fozzy

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

I’d happily use FOH subs to pay up his contract and show him the door.

Edited by gashauskis9

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Really disappointed Clare if is leaving. A versatile young player who put up with a lot of criticism and ultimately proved his critics wrong. A bit like with Djoum, I think he will be sorely missed if he goes.

Unless Oxford are paying a big fee which seems highly unlikely I don't think this makes sense for Hearts. Clare is probably keen to get back down south but other the wages argument I would prefer that we play hardball and see if another club comes in or force Oxford to up their bid.

There may have been clause that he could speak to teams so we don't have much choice except to sell him. That's why we lost Rossi when we did.

Edited by ToqueJambo

FERRY HEARTS

If true and Sean is away I wish the guy well 

I was never a fan as felt he never brought enough effort to his spell with us 

As has been said this could have been due to poor performers around him and him continuously being asked to play different roles . Anyways onwards and upwards 

Hope we got a few quid 

Disappointed he’s leaving after he’d finally started kicking on after a fairly lengthy poor spell. 

Will be interested to see how he gets on and wish him well. His effort in the latter part of the season past was outstanding.

27 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

So much potential and as much as I'm a fan not sure he's particularly suited to Scottish game. Just hope moneys good and we have sell on.

That’s the way I see it too. Sean is clearly a very talented footballer but didn’t have the mentality to succeed in Scotland. Some great goals for Hearts but too often missing in action. Wish him all the best and hope we redirect his wages to someone who consistently delivers for the team.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Because he was the best LB at the club, according to the coaches who know better than you. Even after Garruccio was injured he tried everyone else there before giving Hickey a chance which he grabbed with both hands.

But he might not have grabbed it with both hands if his chance had come 15/16 months earlier. Never heard of kids inexperience, lack of maturity etc?  Don’t answer because we will never know. I was just pointing out that there were more than Levein who didn’t think he was ready including national coaches who certainly know better than you and I and probably know better than a number of our academy coaches. 

Probably makes sense. Did we not kind of push the boat out to get him in the first place? 

Praying we can get Damour to **** too. 

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

The thought of Damour in the championship isn’t something I’m looking forward to one bit. Hopefully he can get a club soon

Famous 1874

Elliot Frear deal likely to be struck in the coming days as well apparently. 

Give him a deal until May 2021 with an option to extend for an additional year. Anything more than that is rash. 

Wonder what the Clare fee is

2 hours ago, bazman said:

He will play for Bayern II in the German third tier id imagine that way he is playing their system and can be monitored 

Or he will be in Bolgna’s first team squad. 

20 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

All the best of luck to him!  I think he is best off back down England.  Hope he has success in finding what position suits him best.

35 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Clare away, six figure sum according to Edinburgh evening news

£100,000- £999,999? 

11 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Pray for Zlamal.  His best buddy and banter twin has left the building 😢.

If you see the video clips of the goalies training, Zlamal looks like a huddy in comparison to Gordon and Doyle in terms of his movement and speed so pray for him indeed!!

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Elliot Frear deal likely to be struck in the coming days as well apparently. 

Give him a deal until May 2021 with an option to extend for an additional year. Anything more than that is rash. 

Wonder what the Clare fee is

Should we not see Frear play a couple of friendlies before we offer a deal?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

£1.8M fee has been agreed with Bologna for Aaron Hickey, apparently 

SFA fine gets another zero.

Werner Herzog

Mixed feelings about this. He was dreadful to begin with but found his feet a little over time & was one of the few plus points from the Stendel era. Could have probably done a job for us in the championship  (although I'm not sure where he'd fit into a Neilson team) but a six figure sum is good money & will help us in sorting out urgent areas of the team.

All the best, Sean.

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Should we not see Frear play a couple of friendlies before we offer a deal?

That’s what I would do. The article suggested that we are increasing our efforts to sign him this week. 

gashauskis9

Going to be a big reality check over the coming weeks.  Expect any player that has a transfer value will be fair game, and will be replaced with lower quality equivalents.  We’ve got a hefty fine and legal costs coming, along with a huge hole in revenue that’ll need plugged.  

Sad to see him go. A very good player that someone else will get the best out of. Hope it’s at least £500k and a sell on. 🙄

HillmanHearts

Talented player. Just didn’t quite work out. Would have been happy enough for him to stay as he had definitely shown improvement.

But squad needs a refit and taking into account his wages, then it’s probably best for both parties.

Hope he does well.

Quite happy that we could get in the region of 2 million for 2 players in what was one of the worst hearts team I've seen for a long time. Obviously the 2 are part of the few that I would like to keep but reasonable offers have been given for them. Quite happy to see a youngster take Clare's role in midfield and maybe Garuccio deserves a chance in this league. 

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Sad to see him go. A very good player that someone else will get the best out of. Hope it’s at least £500k and a sell on. 🙄

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

Going to be a big reality check over the coming weeks.  Expect any player that has a transfer value will be fair game, and will be replaced with lower quality equivalents.  We’ve got a hefty fine and legal costs coming, along with a huge hole in revenue that’ll need plugged.  

The  “lower quality equivalents” might offer more than those they replace.

Edited by Pilmuir

Famous 1874
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

£1.8M fee has been agreed with Bologna for Aaron Hickey, apparently 

Link?

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Take it with a pinch of salt but seen a few people on Twitter that the fee is around 150k. 

Poor business yet again from the club in the transfer window. Budge accepts / declines the offers, so another howler from her if true. 

Was it you who said he was on £10k p/w?

Guest ToqueJambo

Lower quality on paper maybe, but we've been fooled many times recently by players like Whelan, Vanacek and Damour arriving with decent reputations.

The thing about Neilson that seems to differentiate him from Levein is he signs players for specific positions and combinations, instead of trying to force square pegs into round holes.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

The  “lower quality equivalents” might offer more than those they replace.

Possibly.  

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I expect some of the Hearts support to say things like “good riddance” to Sean Clare and then those same fans say things like “the laddie just needs time and will come good, he’s putting in the effort” about 29-year-old Elliot Frear, because he runs a lot and fast.

(A caveat here, if Frear does sign I will support him and hope he performs admirably)

Famous 1874
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Was it you who said he was on £10k p/w?

Nope, no chance was he ever on that. Can’t believe people believed whoever made that up 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Nope, no chance was he ever on that. Can’t believe people believed whoever made that up 

Nobody did. It was just some idiot who kept talking utter shite for attention. Just thought it was maybe you, as couldn’t remember their username.

Famous 1874
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Nobody did. It was just some idiot who kept talking utter shite for attention. Just thought it was maybe you, as couldn’t remember their username.

Yeah wasn’t me on that one mate