Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

You need to calm doon mate. 

Worrying about the day you never saw man

I’ve watched and listened to ‘that day I never saw’ for over 50 years......man. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon/Zlamal

Smith/Brandon

Halkett/Hamilton

Popescu/Berra

Kingsley/Garuccio

Haring/Lee

Halliday/Irving

Ginnelly/Frear

Naismith/Walker

Roberts/Moore

Boyce/Wighton

Get the rest of the senior players except Souttar in the bin. I'd say Zlamal aswell but Stewart is only here until January and who knows what happens after that with Doyle coming back.

Bit light at centre back but it's time for Hamilton to step up. If not Smith can easily step in, or Haring.

Ability to play a few positions will be key if we're loaning out a lot of youngsters. 

Stewart is only with us because Stone has an op this month. When he is fit he will be number 2 to Gordon. 

Just now, Paris 1984 said:

I’ve watched and listened to ‘that day I never saw’ for over 50 years......man. 

It’s shit and belongs in the past. Signing Halliday might give them someone to focus on, might not. It won’t be and shouldn’t be a consideration. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Glad @Agentjambo was spot on about us signing Dunne again.

Oh wait he’s starting for Burnley in the Premier League.

Only because they’re struggling for players really, this is only his 2nd appearance for them. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Stewart is only with us because Stone has an op this month. When he is fit he will be number 2 to Gordon. 

Great news.  Really looking forward to seeing Stone. Hopefully not because of a Gordon injury. 

Pasquale for King

I don’t doubt Halliday would do a job for us in the Championship, but he wants to move to the US and has stated he can’t see himself playing for another Scottish Club. Would he want to is the real question. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not actually been stated by Neilson unless I’ve missed it?

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

We could do without an out and out bluenose with a readymade ‘hates the IRA’ song for our balloon fans to sing. I’d rather we passed on Andy f’n Halliday for that reason alone. I couldn’t give a **** if he played 100% of their games, even if he was their ‘best player’ get him to **** away from Heart of Midlothian. I genuinely don’t want to read/listen to the press’ go to man for Der Hun anywhere near us. 

I tend to agree. 

Dunne starting tonight for Burnely.

I would imagine even being within a sniff of PL first team football would be incentive enough fkr him to stay down there. And then there are wages.

Edited by JamboAndrew

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Forgot all about him :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

We could do without an out and out bluenose with a readymade ‘hates the IRA’ song for our balloon fans to sing. I’d rather we passed on Andy f’n Halliday for that reason alone. I couldn’t give a **** if he played 100% of their games, even if he was their ‘best player’ get him to **** away from Heart of Midlothian. I genuinely don’t want to read/listen to the press’ go to man for Der Hun anywhere near us. 

couldn’t give a ****ing shit tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely!!!!

Still have feeling we have an ace up our sleeves for a striker..

Halliday, Lee, Haring, Irving (Damour away) 

Walker, Frear, Roberts, ginnelly. 

Boyce, Naismith, Wighton 

Nice balance to the midfield and striking options, and aye another striker( poacher type) would be gravy. 

Gordon in goals imo will be the biggest difference tho. 

11 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Dunne starting tonight for Burnely.

I would imagine even being within a sniff of PL first team football would be incentive enough fkr him to stay down there. And then there are wages.

Ludicrous that anyone thought the signing of a player who just recently signed a new deal with a club in the EPL would be loaned out to the Scottish tattie leagues. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Halliday, Lee, Haring, Irving (Damour away) 

Walker, Frear, Roberts, ginnelly. 

Boyce, Naismith, Wighton 

Nice balance to the midfield and striking options, and aye another striker( poacher type) would be gravy. 

Gordon in goals imo will be the biggest difference tho. 

Is Damour away?  How on earth have we managed that? 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

couldn’t give a ****ing shit tbh. 

I appreciate that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I’d say avoid like the plague. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Paris 1984 said:

Tbh, I'm politically left and hate these arsehole types in our support, but if we start signing players based on their political beliefs then we are as bad as the wee loyalist, canvas waving ******s that I hate. 

Halliday is a good player at our level ( top league included) and we need a bit arseholery and grit in the team imo, whether that be from a ira hating or ira loving type I couldn't care Tbh, some Ofc do, but they are best ignored. 

Unfortunately many people, particularly in football lean one way or the other.

Edited by Smith's right boot

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t doubt Halliday would do a job for us in the Championship, but he wants to move to the US and has stated he can’t see himself playing for another Scottish Club. Would he want to is the real question. 

If we're offering him a deal and nobody else is, I suspect he'd rather work than not

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Is Damour away?  How on earth have we managed that? 

No, I was guessing our first team options for the season. 

I've stayed out of the Halliday chat as I don't like him but he'd improve us. My money would be on him becoming popular with the fans although he would be a bit of a gamble. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, I'm politically left and hate these arsehole types in our support, but if we start signing players based on their political beliefs then we are as bad as the wee loyalist, canvas waving ******s that I hate. 

Halliday is a good player at our level ( top league included) and we need a bit arseholery and grit in the team imo, whether that be from a ira hating or ira loving type I couldn't care Tbh, some Ofc do, but they are best ignored. 

I long for it.

I'm on the fence with Halliday, he's not a good player but for the level we'll be at he would offer a bit of bite in the midfield which is the main thing we lack in there. I think give him a one year deal and see how he does

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well said.    Criteria should be, would they improve our team or squad and of course we don't want arseholes who cause bother. But this nonsense about their religion, politics or who they support impacting recruitment is narrow-minded and embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, I was guessing our first team options for the season. 

Ah okay.  I don’t thing anyone will be daft enough to sign LD and he will probably fancy gardening leave on good money. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I'm on the fence with Halliday, he's not a good player but for the level we'll be at he would offer a bit of bite in the midfield which is the main thing we lack in there. I think give him a one year deal and see how he does

Never post on here but to say he’s not a good player is nonsense. Offers a bit of dig which we have lacked for a while, whilst also offering the versatility of being able to also play full back. Should be the first name on the list of players we are looking to recruit.

Just now, bradleyHMFC said:

Never post on here but to say he’s not a good player is nonsense. Offers a bit of dig which we have lacked for a while, whilst also offering the versatility of being able to also play full back. Should be the first name on the list of players we are looking to recruit.

just basing it on his performances for rangers over the last 5 years

Just now, BigAlim said:

just basing it on his performances for rangers over the last 5 years

If it was for any other manager than Gerrard he would still be a rangers player. Opinions may differ but he would in mine most certainly improve our side massively. 

3 minutes ago, bradleyHMFC said:

If it was for any other manager than Gerrard he would still be a rangers player. Opinions may differ but he would in mine most certainly improve our side massively. 

Didn’t they punt him to Azerbaijan before Gerrard arrived? 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If we're offering him a deal and nobody else is, I suspect he'd rather work than not

If that’s the case does that not tell everyone something? Can’t say I’ve ever been impressed with the guy, he gives 100%, which is more than the chancers we’ve had recently but it’s a sad indictment of where we are that he’s being lauded by some. 

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Ah okay.  I don’t thing anyone will be daft enough to sign LD and he will probably fancy gardening leave on good money. 

Now he is a waste of time and money. Can't even put a you tube collection of his best bits, there are none. And he's slow. 

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Now he is a waste of time and money. Can't even put a you tube collection of his best bits, there are none. And he's slow. 

Aye.  Seems to have a shite attitude too like he was doing us a favour.  

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If that’s the case does that not tell everyone something? Can’t say I’ve ever been impressed with the guy, he gives 100%, which is more than the chancers we’ve had recently but it’s a sad indictment of where we are that he’s being lauded by some. 

It doesn't say anything to me. How do you know he's not had offers and just knocked them back? 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Didn’t they punt him to Azerbaijan before Gerrard arrived? 

Watch the Open Goal with him mate. Speaks about that spell in Azerbaijan and what it was like when he returned to Rangers following that. He would improve our midfield big time and I really hope the rumours are spot on. Out of interest who you reckon would be a better player to recruit for that area? I just can’t see us passing it he chance to bring him in on a free. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably doesn’t to play against the huns.  We aren’t going to be direct competition this year.  Do a job for a season and move on as we move on.  Really can’t see the problem. 

Just now, bradleyHMFC said:

Watch the Open Goal with him mate. Speaks about that spell in Azerbaijan and what it was like when he returned to Rangers following that. He would improve our midfield big time and I really hope the rumours are spot on. Out of interest who you reckon would be a better player to recruit for that area? I just can’t see us passing it he chance to bring him in on a free. 

Im in agreement with you Bradley if you see my posts 😉

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m not a huge fan of Halliday but he is a mid table SPL player so he is therefore a better than Championship standard player which is all we need this year.

Just now, Last Laff said:

Im in agreement with you Bradley if you see my posts 😉

Sorry mate I’ve had a few beers. Only reason I’m posting on here 😂 He’s a player and I can’t see a reason for anyone not to see that. Might just be me though ! 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some of our fans  have totally unrealistic expectations.. it’s pretty funny.. if he was Andreas Van Hallidonk and we’d never heard of him they’d be lapping it up..  personally in ****ing sick of gambles.. it hasn’t worked.. as I say, decent player and EXACTLY the type we should be signing 100% every ****ing minute of every game..

we have a few who won’t want him as well because he’s a rangers fan. They are easy enough to spot

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Completely solid, tried and tested, been there and done that, give 110%, get in their faces, wind up merchant, plays for the jersey type signing. We should be chomping at the bit to get a player like that on board. He's 28 so a 2 yr contract with an option of a 3rd would be a cracking deal for player and club. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Sorry mate I’ve had a few beers. Only reason I’m posting on here 😂 He’s a player and I can’t see a reason for anyone not to see that. Might just be me though ! 

It’s sound mate! Me too!  Good to have you on board tae :) 

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Somebody said if we signed Halliday it would be as left back. Does anybody know if this is right. 

His stats on transfer market says he's played the majority of games as a left back / left mid / dm / cm.  If you want a link I can post. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andy-halliday/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/59543

Think that works.  Scroll down to pitch view of positional markers, then tap or scroll over them, it tells you how many games he played in each position. 

This doesn't guarantee robbie will use him how we expect. 

Yeah someone posted he would be left back. 

Edited by HMFC01

Just now, Last Laff said:

It’s sound mate! Me too!  Good to have you on board tae :) 

Just hope he signs now otherwise we look like a pair of roasters 😂. Seen nothing to make the rumour even slightly believable but I’ll take it till the point it’s clear it isn’t happening. Have a good night mate👍

Just now, HMFC01 said:

His stats on transfer market says he's played the majority of games as a left back / left mid / dm / cm.  If you want a link I can post. 

Cheers. Hopefully he signs and we can find out. Need tenacious types in the team. 

5 minutes ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Just hope he signs now otherwise we look like a pair of roasters 😂. Seen nothing to make the rumour even slightly believable but I’ll take it till the point it’s clear it isn’t happening. Have a good night mate👍

I look like a roaster most the time on here pal!  You too mate 😂👍

1 hour ago, Paris 1984 said:

Have to disagree mate. If he improves us and gets us out the championship, he'll  do for me.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Completely solid, tried and tested, been there and done that, give 110%, get in their faces, wind up merchant, plays for the jersey type signing. We should be chomping at the bit to get a player like that on board. He's 28 so a 2 yr contract with an option of a 3rd would be a cracking deal for player and club. 

Yep, he's experienced and at his peak. But he has to play Central mid to get the best out of him. 

Might be decent as a wing back though. Certainly wouldn't have him as a left back in a back 4.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It doesn't say anything to me. How do you know he's not had offers and just knocked them back? 

Just going by you saying he would rather sign for us in the Championship than have no wages at all, as I’ve said a few times he has indicated he doesn’t want to play in Scotland and wants to go the MSL. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Damour will be offski. If we have Naismith and Walker in the number 10 that leaves us Irving, Lee and even Haring who can be forward thinking. We need a nasty ******* in midfield and we also need cover at left back, so Halliday is ideal.

Even in a 3-4-3 we'll need someone in central midfield who is mainly defensive. You could get rid of Damour and White and only need Halliday to replace them.

Great signing and work from the management team if that comes to pass.

Mate you're spot on. Would trade Damour and White for Halliday any day of the week! 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep, he's experienced and at his peak. But he has to play Central mid to get the best out of him. 

Might be decent as a wing back though. Certainly wouldn't have him as a left back in a back 4.

Centre mid, absolutely. But the fact that he can provide cover for another position if needed is a valuable commodity. 

43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Halliday, Lee, Haring, Irving

I was under impression that Halliday was a left-footer.  Or, maybe not.