Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

Don't even see how anyone can legitimately claim either way considering if we stay up then Stendel is still contracted (if the vote is deemed to have been illegal then there will have been no relegation/expulsion so contracts will be intact).

I'd prefer him to stay, especially if we will be relying on academy players. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

Having been on the fence before i am now fully on board the Daniel Stendel express train!! 

I just think he should get the chance to get us playing better next season. He doesn't have much room for error now though! But i think he knows that and will be much better prepared for it now.

I suppose as others have said it will probably be the new SD that makes the decision, I just hope the board also have a say as i don't like the idea of the SD controlling everything football wise.

Anyway i hope he stays!

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Works for Celtic, and Rangers most of the time.

Em no it doesn’t. They don’t use the same  tactic as Stendel tried to use so weird comparison. They might press their opponents but they are both far more possession based. Like has been said previously, it wasn’t just the tactics. For me it was the

- Tactics

- Lack of flexibility or plan B

- Players not being good enough. 
- Joel ****** Pereira!

Unfortunately Stendel was accountable for 3 of these.

8 hours ago, Herbert said:

Paul Hartley 

I wouldn’t be against giving Hartley a shot as manager. His management CV is pretty good. In 9 years of management, he has 4 Promotions and two half decent seasons in the Premiership with Dundee.

He has definitely got something. 

I read somewhere a day or two ago that if Stendell does go then we will be looking at Robbo and SPH partnership. I have also read Daniel wants to finish the job he came here to do, which under the current climate earns my respect. This is the man who currently is not taking a wage. I'd like him to stay and get rid of all the dead-beats in the current squad and watch him build his own team for the challenge ahead.

Mr Brightside
44 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Em no it doesn’t. They don’t use the same  tactic as Stendel tried to use so weird comparison. They might press their opponents but they are both far more possession based. Like has been said previously, it wasn’t just the tactics. For me it was the

- Tactics

- Joel ****** Pereira!

I would add that it took too long to bring in his coaching staff and there were too many fixtures in December to let him spend time coaching the team on a new style of play.

If he was brought in in November he would have been able to implement his tactics with more time between games.

10 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I would add that it took too long to bring in his coaching staff and there were too many fixtures in December to let him spend time coaching the team on a new style of play.

If he was brought in in November he would have been able to implement his tactics with more time between games.

Agree, valid points

Jambo in Yorkshire
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

- Tactics

- Joel ****** Pereira!

pettigrewsstylist
56 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I read somewhere a day or two ago that if Stendell does go then we will be looking at Robbo and SPH partnership. I have also read Daniel wants to finish the job he came here to do, which under the current climate earns my respect. This is the man who currently is not taking a wage. I'd like him to stay and get rid of all the dead-beats in the current squad and watch him build his own team for the challenge ahead.

That may all be true. It could also be true that after the last few months at Barnsley and his time in Edinburgh, he may not ever get a No1  job in football mgmt again.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Rubbish, do you know what happened at Barnsley?

He arrived at Hearts when we had the least points in the calendar year for any team in the league.

Hearts fans have to ask why the Hibs fans on here want Stendel to go. Might be because we cruised to a win in the last game and they know Ross couldn’t get Sunderland promoted with a massive budget compared to Barnsley.

9 hours ago, Herbert said:

Paul Hartley 

Whelmeter barely registering. Surely not

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

- Tactics

- Joel ****** Pereira!

They press teams constantly, win the ball back and play a high line, fact.

They have the ball because teams launch it and lose it, the tactics are exactly the same as Stendels.

These players had three different managers and all kinds of tactics and hardly any of them worked, how would you have set them up?

17 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I was under impression Barnsley sacked him due to not being able to win football matches. I must admit ive only read the headlines on that.

The main reason for his sacking was him calling out our board on selling our 2 centre halfs (goalie was already set to leave) and top goal scorer and replacing them with young, inexperienced players from abroad. He asked for experience in the championship,  he himself lacked experience.  Most of not all of the fans wanted him to be given time. Even with the lack of experience we beat Fulham , competed well against Leeds . We did also have some mares like Preston away. 

On 18/06/2020 at 19:07, soonbe110 said:

Did your mother never tell you ‘ I want doesn’t get? ‘ 

Afraid not. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

The main reason for his sacking was him calling out our board on selling our 2 centre halfs (goalie was already set to leave) and top goal scorer and replacing them with young, inexperienced players from abroad. He asked for experience in the championship,  he himself lacked experience.  Most of not all of the fans wanted him to be given time. Even with the lack of experience we beat Fulham , competed well against Leeds . We did also have some mares like Preston away. 

Hi Helen, You were 23rd in table after 11 games. Only win was on opening day of season. Last game was a 5-1 trouncing from Preston. Also ejected from cup by League 2 Carlisle. Not the main reason for his sacking you say. 

Transfer activity  summer 2019 doesnt look too clever now retrospectivley, as you say! Did the board choose to ignore him on the summer activity Helen? Did DS spk out, publicly, in the summer, about his discontent over the selling of Davies, Lindsay or Pinnok? ( i know the media/fans rumbled a bit).

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

I like Stendel, but it’s hard to argue that his record was anything other than poor. He certainly didn’t get much time.

As a supporter, I’m that bothered if he stays/goes, & that in itself means he shouldn’t come back. We need passion & lots of energy for the next challenging season. 

34 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I like Stendel, but it’s hard to argue that his record was anything other than poor. He certainly didn’t get much time.

As a supporter, I’m that bothered if he stays/goes, & that in itself means he shouldn’t come back. We need passion & lots of energy for the next challenging season. 

Which is something Mr Stendel has in spades.

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hi Helen, You were 23rd in table after 11 games. Only win was on opening day of season. Last game was a 5-1 trouncing from Preston. Also ejected from cup by League 2 Carlisle. Not the main reason for his sacking you say. 

Transfer activity  summer 2019 doesnt look too clever now retrospectivley, as you say! Did the board choose to ignore him on the summer activity Helen? Did DS spk out, publicly, in the summer, about his discontent over the selling of Davies, Lindsay or Pinnok? ( i know the media/fans rumbled a bit).

Yes he did. He did an interview as we were looking to get promoted and looking back at it, it was obvious him and the board disagreed about what championship experience meant. Since 30 year old former captain Sollbaer has come to the team, defensively we have looked far more composed. 

Happy today, broken our 70 year old curse of QPR and won! 5 points from safety now.

Edited by Redhelen

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They press teams constantly, win the ball back and play a high line, fact.

They have the ball because teams launch it and lose it, the tactics are exactly the same as Stendels.

These players had three different managers and all kinds of tactics and hardly any of them worked, how would you have set them up?

If you think the old firm play the exact same way as Stendel instructed then you don’t know too much about the game friend. 

The tactics were great against Rangers and Hibs no doubt. They don’t work against the smaller teams in Scotland, especially at Tynecastle. I think that would’ve been obvious.

I know 2 players who have played against Stendel’s Hearts. One top 6, one bottom 6. Both say the same, very easy to play against. 

I think he'd started to get a reasonable balance between the high line pressing gung ho tactics and the usually Scottish 4-4-2 setup.

Obviously games against bottom 6 teams weren't good enough. Standard Hearts away from home form too, as shown against St Mirren after some very good performances against Hibs and Rangers. 

A lot of responsibility for this should fall on out shitebag squad too. 

Jambo in Yorkshire
16 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If you think the old firm play the exact same way as Stendel instructed then you don’t know too much about the game friend. 

The tactics were great against Rangers and Hibs no doubt. They don’t work against the smaller teams in Scotland, especially at Tynecastle. I think that would’ve been obvious.

I know 2 players who have played against Stendel’s Hearts. One top 6, one bottom 6. Both say the same, very easy to play against. 

Not Hibs players then, what did they say about Levein team?

49 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Yes he did. He did an interview as we were looking to get promoted and looking back at it, it was obvious him and the board disagreed about what championship experience meant. Since 30 year old former captain Sollbaer has come to the team, defensively we have looked far more composed. 

Happy today, broken our 70 year old curse of QPR and won! 5 points from safety now.

Good result today for Barnsley  nice to have a chance of finishing the season having the chance to survive not like here. Jumping at the chance to end a season with unfair votes and corruption 

Yes. By finishing the season no team can feel hard done by and those at the top end can properly celebrate as they've deserved it.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Big day. Hope you can do it.

1 hour ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Nope, St Mirren and Celtic. Can’t recall much about what they said about Levein’s team. Apart from Uche. The Celtic player said they used to give him 5 yards of space, cos he would head it/lose it anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Aye I think you can quite easily take hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen out of the equation if you’re looking to narrow it down. 

edit: teams named above. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambo in Yorkshire
33 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Nope, St Mirren and Celtic. Can’t recall much about what they said about Levein’s team. Apart from Uche. The Celtic player said they used to give him 5 yards of space, cos he would head it/lose it anyway. 

So leaving aside Celtic who tend to turn over most teams you would judge Stendel on a 1-0 defeat to St Mirren?

On that basis Hibs should sack Ross as Hearts players said that was the easiest win they have had in years.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 hours ago, parwj said:

David Weir mentioned but I’ve no idea for SD role 

I hope the sentence started with "there's no way it be will be...."

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Funny how they work for everyone else in the world but not in Scotland, that old myth. Seemed to work under Burley where we pressed the life out of teams, all teams, the sat off in the 2nd half. 
As for knowledge of the game if you don’t see that Celtic and Rangers press teams then you’re not paying attention. 

Playing against the players we have just now was easy for all the players of the opposition no matter what tactics were used. Stendels tactics seemed to work for Barnsley in a league similar to the standard he faces us here, hence the reason he was hired in the first place. 

27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Anyone know where he is?

In Germany working as a TV summariser for Bundesliga 2 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Looking out for your results now, good luck for the rest of the season.

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looking out for your results now, good luck for the rest of the season.

Thank you. We really do need it. Gutted for you and Daniel that you didnt get to finish the season, he'd have loved to have been in a cup final!!

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Thank you. We really do need it. Gutted for you and Daniel that you didnt get to finish the season, he'd have loved to have been in a cup final!!

I’m hoping he will still get the chance 👍🏽

SM Sheffield
7 hours ago, parwj said:

David Weir mentioned but I’ve no idea for SD role 

It better not be as manager. Weir would have relegated Sheffield United to League 2 if he had been kept on. Terrible manager who wouldn’t even be mentioned for Hearts if it wasn’t for his previous connection to the club.

He failed consistently against absolute rubbish in League 1, he didn’t win in 12 games losing nearly every week apart from a 1-1 home league draw against Crawley at Bramall Lane, and they lost to Burton at home and lower league Hartlepool in cup games. 

I would rather have Levein than Weir as manager. 

If he's still in Germany there must be a good chance that he's not returning.  On the other hand, it is reported on here that he's earning a living so it is understandable that he would continue to do that until the Scottish fiasco is resolved.

wattie exploited
On 19/06/2020 at 09:59, micole said:

I would like Stendel to get a crack at a complete season with his own players ( if that's possible). All up in the air at the moment so feck knows how it will pan out, HHGH!!

I hope so I am sure he will turn out a great manager with his own players also think Jim Jeffery.s would be a great Sports Director for us  :rifle:

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Funny how they work for everyone else in the world but not in Scotland, that old myth. Seemed to work under Burley where we pressed the life out of teams, all teams, the sat off in the 2nd half. 
As for knowledge of the game if you don’t see that Celtic and Rangers press teams then you’re not paying attention. 

Playing against the players we have just now was easy for all the players of the opposition no matter what tactics were used. Stendels tactics seemed to work for Barnsley in a league similar to the standard he faces us here, hence the reason he was hired in the first place. 

Webster, Pressley, Fysass, Jankauskas, Skacel, Hartley....etc..etc...

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If he's still in Germany there must be a good chance that he's not returning.  On the other hand, it is reported on here that he's earning a living so it is understandable that he would continue to do that until the Scottish fiasco is resolved.

Earning a living? He’s not taken a salary since March!

Fiasco ? 

You mean our case against the Devil ? 

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Earning a living? He’s not taken a salary since March!

Working for German tv 

People still want Stendel ? 😂

Completely ****ed up his chance imo. Time to move on regardless of league.  

Unknown user
On 20/06/2020 at 01:26, Gizmo said:

Don't even see how anyone can legitimately claim either way considering if we stay up then Stendel is still contracted (if the vote is deemed to have been illegal then there will have been no relegation/expulsion so contracts will be intact).

I'd prefer him to stay, especially if we will be relying on academy players. 

Not so, his contract ended, full stop.

Seymour M Hersh

If he's still in Germany there must be a good chance that he's not returning.  

Why would that be? Sturgeon has only allowed Premiership clubs to returned to training and it's still up in the air what league we'll be in next year so why would he return to twiddle his thumbs. At least he'll be getting some money for his TV work bearing in mind he gave up his salary back in March to help HMFC. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

19 hours ago, Jamdub said:

Which is something Mr Stendel has in spades.

Never met the guy, but haven’t seen it on the park. 
Nothing against him, but I’m just not sure he’s what we need. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Sporting director ? John Colqhoun 

Levein as his assistant.

• davemclaren locked this topic