Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

Scottie Wanshot.
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

For me his only down sides were playing the keeper and not having a plan B for when the high press didn't work. The high press worked against teams like Sevco and Celtic who like to attack all the time. The rest sit in and we need someone who knows how to break teams down, or at least the players capable of doing so and at least putting the ball in the net when the chance arises. We failed many time due to lack of a hungry striker, Naismith was all over the park and not always in the right place and the others couldn't score in a brothel.

the players he signed just weren't good enough. He should have got Kyle Rafferty back for nothing, he was a proven goal scorer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

As would we all, but I have my doubts as to whether we can afford that in this crisis.. would be dependent on players leaving voluntarily, then we have to attract players to the first division which doesn’t start until October. Not easy at all. 

If there’s a transfer window as normal I think there will be 100s of free agents still kicking about September desperate for anything by the time October comes but the rest I completely agree with. 

Scottie Wanshot.
12 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would keep the manager and dump players any day.

get a manager in that knows about Scottish football, he hasn't a clue.

Scottie Wanshot.
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would keep the manager and dump players any day.

Scottie Wanshot.
14 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What about the staff he brought in?

yes he signed crap players.

Scottie Wanshot.
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

My thoughts exactly......!

yes we need a manager that know's everything about the Scottish game.

Totally comfortable with this news as long as his replacement isn't that ***** Pressley.

1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

What is there to know? The ref bias and that wee teams will sit back and do nothing?

Scottie Wanshot.
Just now, kila said:

What is there to know? The ref bias and that wee teams will sit back and do nothing?

we teams didn't do nothing, they kept hitting us on the break, as we had no defence back, simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Totally comfortable with this news as long as his replacement isn't that ***** Pressley.

What news?

4 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

we teams didn't do nothing, they kept hitting us on the break, as we had no defence back, simple as that.

Ah, didn’t realise that was unique to Scottish football.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Stendel 

if the story is true about the big fall out between Sten and the players before the St Mirren game, I dont think the board want him back.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Ah, didn’t realise that was unique to Scottish football.

well he was crazy enough to play with to many players forward, we lose possession and get our arse kicked, the opposition new the way we were trying to play, and that's why we got punished.

4 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

if the story is true about the big fall out between Sten and the players before the St Mirren game, I dont think the board want him back.

Wonder how many managers the players will decide they can’t be arsed playing for before they get cleared the **** out. Not a great time to offload contracted players just now though. 

Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

well he was crazy enough to play with to many players forward, we lose possession and get our arse kicked, the opposition new the way we were trying to play, and that's why we got punished.

He was putting the back line too far forward to begin with but he changed it. He’s not stubborn like Levein, I saw him adapt his style.

The players are the real issue and their big salary being a given rather than being earned through win bonuses.

The youngsters tried and cared with Stendel and that’s good enough for me, compared to the seniors getting their guaranteed big wage without a **** in the world.

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder how many managers the players will decide they can’t be arsed playing for before they get cleared the **** out. Not a great time to offload contracted players just now though. 

problem is most of the players haven't much skill and there only playing for the wages not the shirt. No Jambo blood in them.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

He was putting the back line too far forward to begin with but he changed it. He’s not stubborn like Levein, I saw him adapt his style.

The players are the real issue and their big salary being a given rather than being earned through win bonuses.

The youngsters tried and cared with Stendel and that’s good enough for me, compared to the seniors getting their guaranteed big wage without a **** in the world.

He could have adjusted his style a lot quicker if the players had played the way he wanted to from the start. Before Christmas it was ten minutes here or half an hour there and not following instructions. You could see him shouting at them and the lack of cooperation from the players held the process up considerably. It was the Aberdeen 1-1 game before they started to play his way. 

2 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

problem is most of the players haven't much skill and there only playing for the wages not the shirt. No Jambo blood in them.

We need to lower the basic and increase the win bonuses and stop signing so many players (for various reasons) that won’t play at a higher level than hearts in the future. 

He could have adjusted his style a lot quicker if the players had played the way he wanted to from the start. Before Christmas it was ten minutes here or half an hour there and not following instructions. You could see him shouting at them and the lack of cooperation from the players held the process up considerably. It was the Aberdeen 1-1 game before they started to play his way. 

The lack of fitness and finesse was showing, not just under Stendel but for a long time.

Moore, Henderson, Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Hickey (if he stays). We’ve a good core there and Cochrane is bulking up at last too.

Stendel’s style suits the core group. If he goes we need someone with similar ambitions.

Just now, kila said:

The lack of fitness and finesse was showing, not just under Stendel but for a long time.

Moore, Henderson, Cochrane, Irving, McDonald, Hickey (if he stays). We’ve a good core there and Cochrane is bulking up at last too.

Stendel’s style suits the core group. If he goes we need someone with similar ambitions.

Not wanting to get into the Levein argument again but come the last half hour of games our players were blowing out there arses. Stendel said the club wasn’t professional enough and I’d think the lack of fitness was a part of that. 

I’m sure the younger guys will get game time in the championship.  

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, kila said:

Wee teams pumped goals past us left, right and centre ...

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He played too high a line and the keeper was pish. Defensive blunders added to the mix.

nice to see you back posting. Been a while. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I have noticed Man U promoting the hologram on their twitter with training videos. He must’ve looked good during training at Riccarton too for him to get so many chances.

Shame we didn’t have a competent goalie who could do it in front of a crowd. 

Jingle Bells

50/50 about him TBH.

On the one hand he should have been backed more heavily during the January transfer window(even though it's a difficult one), just gone, rather than the one in/one out policy imposed by the Club and he  inherited an unmotivated squad on a high basic/low win bonus wage structure.

On the other hand he shouldn't have persisted with Joel Pereira for as long as he did.

Think the story is the Daily Record or Sun  putting two and two together, but if true, it would be typical of Hearts to pick a boring/defensive type of Manager instead.

17 minutes ago, kila said:

I have noticed Man U promoting the hologram on their twitter with training videos. He must’ve looked good during training at Riccarton too for him to get so many chances.

hologram 😂🤣😂 best description yet

Ex member of the SaS
56 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Yes they did , However had we players that could hit the net from 2yds out we would have scored more than them. Levein brought in a load of garbage that couldn't score in a brothel and we had a keeper that couldn't catch covid in a ward full of dieing patients.

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

This can not be argued.

What I will say however is that most new managers inherit a mess unless on the rare occasion you are taking over a winning team, top of the league etc etc and many anagers at least get the initial 'new anager' bump, surge and boost with regards to results.  DS never even got a flinch for about a month.

He should have done a lot better.

Cant disagree with your assessment, just goes to show what a mess we were in when he arrived. Trying to implement his style and tactics on a squad drilled in Levein's negative style for years was a step too far for him. Give him that clean slate and see what he can do.

1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Yeh cos that worked last time 😂😂😂

It should have been ten

Gie yersel peace.

A_A wehatethehibs

Well it is obvious he is desperate to stay, for some reason I get the feeling he is going to be given the chance. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

How’s it going down there Helen. Things getting back to normal?

First match on Saturday at QPR. Historically we never win there!! Season ticket holders are  getting a code so we can watch it on ifollow. Will seem weird watching football again but we are 8 points off safety with 9 games to go. We need this win but tbh I'd resigned myself to relegation back in February. 

Scottie Wanshot.
33 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Yeh cos that worked last time 😂😂😂

Robbie Neilson done a good job.

Scottie Wanshot.
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well it is obvious he is desperate to stay, for some reason I get the feeling he is going to be given the chance. 

only wants to come back, as no one else wants him.

Haven't heard this story ?

(I did go back a few pages)

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He played too high a line and the keeper was pish. Defensive blunders added to the mix.

nice to see you back posting. Been a while. 

Thanks mate, been a while ...

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, kila said:

No doubt go on to have an outstanding career elsewhere!

19 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

First match on Saturday at QPR. Historically we never win there!! Season ticket holders are  getting a code so we can watch it on ifollow. Will seem weird watching football again but we are 8 points off safety with 9 games to go. We need this win but tbh I'd resigned myself to relegation back in February. 

Interesting how the virtual ST works.  Good luck Saturday. 

39 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Neil McCann   3rd time lucky ? 

Why do people keep pushing this guy. He's not a manager's @rseh0le.....fact....!!

mellors1874
2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

no we don't as these managers shite it when we play the old firm.

he's the right man for the job 

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Why do people keep pushing this guy. He's not a manager's @rseh0le.....fact....!!

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I don’t mind him and wouldn’t call him an arsehole but I don’t want him as manager. If he’s going to make it as a boss he’ll need to do it And succeed at a lesser club first.

I don’t mind him and wouldn’t call him an arsehole but I don’t want him as manager. If he’s going to make it as a boss he’ll need to do it And succeed at a lesser club first.

To be fair I didn't. I actually said he wasn't....!

Just now, Section Q said:

To be fair I didn't. I actually said he wasn't....!

Misread your post. Anyway, it’s one thing going for an inexperienced boss but another going for a failed one. McCann got a bit of a raw deal at Dundee but he failed nonetheless. 

A_A wehatethehibs
18 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

only wants to come back, as no one else wants him.

With what he did at Barnsley there'd be a few league 1 & league 2 sides who would potentially look at him at some point, the merry go round is always flying down there. Think he knows how big a club Hearts are though obviously gets the club especially when you look at the absolute hammering he dished out against Hibs. 8th in the form table too over the last 10 games shows you it was not over. Stendel was unfairly denied his chance to save us IMO, it is not fair for the coronavirus to cause Hearts to be unlawfully voted out of our rightful place in the league but it is 10x less fair for it to cost him his job - when we hired him, we backed his plans medium to long term, so I think it's right to give him his chance at redemption.

1 hour ago, kila said:

This is my thinking on him. Stendel initially could only judge what he could see in training and there's not much doubt about how well he trains. He just can't do it in a match. 

That said, fans had been screaming for him to be dropped for weeks if not months. 

Neverforgetfiveone

Why? It’s the f*****g players that have got us into this mess!

51 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Robbie Neilson done a good job.

He was a decent enough championship manager tbf 

Hectormasson

Not one drop , that's for sure 💯% !

• davemclaren locked this topic