Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hibs made two finals before relegation? Do you think being humiliated off us and pumped off Celtic matters much in the grand scheme of things?  Levein never won **** all with us and left a shambles.  They are facts.  In fact he left a shambles first time around as manager too walking out on the club. 

As for the rest, ****s Ricky Jarvais got to do with discussing the former hearts manager ripping the ***** out the club up until yesterday?  People think that is okay and he was entitled to it, I find it scandalous and Stendel showed hes more of a man than Levein. 

He did.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Randy Marsh

Loads of tears and snotters from the Levein fan club tonight.                                                                    :glorious:                     

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Loads of tears and snotters from the Levein fan club tonight.                                                                    :glorious:                     

:lol:
I fear for their health.

They’re suicidal.

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

All comforting each other at this most difficult time. Bless. 😭😠😤😬

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never said that or argued that, I corrected a poster and said he left us second bottom therefor technically not the worst team. 

The worst team was bottom. 

You then came crashing in with the usual witty comment. 

So again, what don't you agree with in regards to that comment and why would "God love a trier" for simply stating a fact?

Or, are you just trolling other Hearts fans? 

To be fair, you actually said he’d never taken us to the bottom of the league. You were quickly proven wrong and then backtracked, changed your position to not leaving us bottom. 

Not that it really matters. 

Edited by Bad Religion

It's strange, very strange. 

Grown men celebrating a guy leaving because he failed.... At the team they support. 

No Hearts is celebrating the Levein failed!

However after him failing miserably then hanging on like a bad smell, Hearts fans are celebrating that we have finally got shot of him!

Hope that clarifies.

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

To be fair, you actually said he’d never taken us to the bottom. You were quickly proven wrong and then backtracked, changed your position to not leaving us bottom. 

It seems to matter to SRB....😂

Vlad Magic

As I said earlier this thread should be closed.

It serves no purpose.

I will be asking the mods to close it.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

It serves no purpose.

Oh bless.  Poor wee soul. 

Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Oh bless.  Poor wee soul. 

Why? I’m a fan boy right? I want to talk about my favourite manager of all time right?

No.

He’s gone.

Why anyone would wish to discuss probably the worst manager we have had in the last X number of years is beyond me.

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why? I’m a fan boy right? I want to talk about my favourite manager of all time right?

No.

He’s gone.

Why anyone would wish to discuss probably the worst manager we have had in the last X number of years is beyond me.

Simple solution.  Don't post on or even view the thread then.  

Edited by Randy Marsh

Vlad Magic
Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Nah I think I will request this thread is closed. 

It serves no purpose.

Levein has gone.

Left the club.

Old news.

Why would anyone want to discuss him now? 

10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It serves no purpose.

You’ll be burning books next. Chill out. 

Vlad Magic
5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Where did Space Pirate go?

He was here a minute ago and disappeared?

Then you showed up?

Randy Marsh
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Nah I think I will request this thread is closed. 

It serves no purpose.

Levein has gone.

Left the club.

Old news.

Why would anyone want to discuss him now? 

It's only been officially confirmed today that he has left.  So it's big news from a Hearts perspective.  Therefore, you would expect this story to be discussed for a couple days yet?  The thread will have disappeared by the end of the week and Levein will be rarely spoken about ever again. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

I'm not argueing anything.. 

What am I argueing? 

I  stated a fact or 2.

In his only full season he finished 6th, lc sf, sc final - or do you disagree? 

He left us as manager 2nd bottom in December after 11 games - or do you disagree

He was sacked as manager for failing, that is obvious, it is generally why managers get sacked - or do you disagree? 

Failing badly, very badly, just - I don't care and that is open to debate. 

You really need to engage your brain and read before firing back. 

You still haven't addressed the first issue you came crashing in on and explained that and now you have this wrong?

Stating a fact or two and saying an opinion is... open to an  opinion is not argueing. 

Don't make things up, you are argueing with yourself, your need to celebrate another grown man failing is clouding your judgement and you are making things up just to argue. 

Try taking a piece of you own advice, he was sacked in October.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-craig-levein

Randy Marsh

Where did Space Pirate go?

He was here a minute ago and disappeared?

Then you showed up?

I've noticed you have a habit of doing this when you don't approve of certain posts.  Claiming posters have dual usernames is bizzare.  Odd guy. 

Vlad Magic
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

I've noticed you have a habit of doing this when you don't approve of certain posts.  Claiming posters have dual usernames is bizzare.  Odd guy. 

I merely pointed out that he hasn’t posted recently.

He was prolific up till a few minutes ago.

He could be having a dump.

He could be with is partner.

I do not have a crystal ball.

I haven’t noticed any of your habits because I am normal.

The Real Maroonblood

I merely pointed out that he hasn’t posted recently.

He was prolific up till a few minutes ago.

He could be having a dump.

He could be with is partner.

I do not have a crystal ball.

I haven’t noticed any of your habits because I am normal.

Why do you keep posting on a thread you want closed?

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

To be fair, you actually said he’d never taken us to the bottom of the league. You were quickly proven wrong and then backtracked, changed your position to not leaving us bottom. 

Not on this post. The poster said he left us the worst team in the league, he never, we were second worst when he was sacked as manager.

He had also taken us top of the league at some point ( like I said at that time, but in discussing were CL left us it seems irrelevant imo), in fact we probably filled most positions in the league at some point in his tenure, it is irrelevant tho imo. If folk are saying CL left us bottom of the league or the worst team in the league. He never., it is incorrect. He left us second bottom or second worst in the league.

It was October tho apparently, not December.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It serves no purpose.

Billie_Piper_-_GQ_11-1[1].jpg

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's obsessed with Levein mate. 

Vlad Magic
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Ask Space Pirate. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Hibs made two finals before relegation? Do you think being humiliated off us and pumped off Celtic matters much in the grand scheme of things?  Levein never won **** all with us and left a shambles.  They are facts.  In fact he left a shambles first time around as manager too walking out on the club. 

As for the rest, ****s Ricky Jarvais got to do with discussing the former hearts manager ripping the ***** out the club up until yesterday?  People think that is okay and he was entitled to it, I find it scandalous and Stendel showed hes more of a man than Levein. 

They're not facts, CL won  the championship with us as DoF, you can't get anything correct in your blind rage.

:clyay:

Nucky Thompson

How can some people still defend the leach?  He's almost single handedly destroyed the club

Probably caused more damage than VR. At least with Vlad we had some good times

Bazzas right boot

The defence of the thread is impressive.

Threaten to have it closed.

Reaction.

I ask again.

What purpose does this thread have?

What does it achieve?

He has gone.

Probably away back to his home planet and lost the wifi connection.

TBF to space boy at least he posts when we are winning and during match threads, others only post negative tripe.

Randy Marsh

Where has Space Pirate gone?

Has he been caught lying again?

I'll play.  Where's JamboAl gone!  😂

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Where has Space Pirate gone?

Has he been caught lying again?

Top work trying to get the thread closed by the way.  You may get your wish shortly. 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They're not facts, CL won  the championship with us as DoF, you can't get anything correct in your blind rage.

There were lots of things that were not facts in that post. Another howler was leaving us in a shambles. Not sure that's the word for leaving us as the first team in Scotland to qualify for the Europa League group stages and with just 3 defeats in 11 games, and after finishing 3rd twice in a row. He left while his stock was high, like every manager worth their salt does, including one of our best, JJ. Two times in a row Festival Cup winners too! Whatever you think of him, the man knew how to approach a derby. There were no meaningless derbies to him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Re charging. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He did fail, failing badly is open to debate. 

In his only full season, he was 6th, lc sf, sc final. 

This season he left after 11 games in December with us second bottom and in a lc sf. 

Every manager that has been sacked has Likley failed or they wouldn't be sacked. 

George Burley?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

George Burley?

"Likley failed" ..... 👍

Not all, but most. 

He might have failed in other aspects that his boss found important, who knows?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Likley failed" ..... 👍

Not all, but most. 

He might have failed in other aspects that his boss found important, who knows?

Don’t even bother with that :rofl:

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

Proper oddball behaviour. Imagine racking up thousands and posts and hours defending a guy that's ripped the piss out your club to this degree. 

Anyway, he's away now. Time to celebrate. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

George Burley?

George Burley failed to find a way to work with Romanov, while other managers during that period did. He did an amazing job on the pitch but I very clearly remember thinking he'd be off to Rangers at a moment's notice given the chance. When you know your boss demands a certain level of loyalty you need to appear 100% committed, even if you're pretending a bit. Burley wasn't prepared to make the compromises other managers made when managing Hearts at that time. Romanov was an arse a lot of the time, but Burley missed out on a great career opportunity IMO with the squad he was given. He did get the Scotland job on the back of his time at Hearts I suppose.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t even bother with that :rofl:

🙄

23 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Still here.

Just browsing at sensible items elsewhere  and letting the Bile Boys have a little fun.

Space Pirate, I think, has gone looking for the 5 year plan that he so eloquently quoted.

Edited by JamboAl

been here before

Im lost.

Who's disagreeing with who?

Who used to be who?

Who is who now?

And who is pals with who?

Edited by been here before

Pasquale for King

One thousand season tickets sold from

Saturday to today, 5k not bad considering we don’t know what league we’ll be in or if we can play any more games this year. Levein leaving? End of the month? Who knows 🤷🏾‍♂️?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

George Burley failed to find a way to work with Romanov, while other managers during that period did. He did an amazing job on the pitch but I very clearly remember thinking he'd be off to Rangers at a moment's notice given the chance. When you know your boss demands a certain level of loyalty you need to appear 100% committed, even if you're pretending a bit. Burley wasn't prepared to make the compromises other managers made when managing Hearts at that time. Romanov was an arse a lot of the time, but Burley missed out on a great career opportunity IMO with the squad he was given. He did get the Scotland job on the back of his time at Hearts I suppose.

It was his fault then, I think people might disagree. Levein certainly managed to work with his boss, here’s hoping Stendel can have the same loyalty.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was his fault then, I think people might disagree. Levein certainly managed to work with his boss, here’s hoping Stendel can have the same loyalty.

Not all Burley's fault as Romanov was obviously a total bampot but it was very clear Burley was not willing to work that way. He seemed very concerned about how it looked, which is fair enough, but we all have to make compromises sometimes. He could have done some research into Romanov first.

So who is the bogeyman?

Neil Doncaster or Craig Levein?

PS I think he’s the former!

8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Well said. 

Those who wish ill on him are out of order just as those who are praising him to wind up other Hearts fans. 

No mention of those who are not abusing him, nor praising him to “wind up other Hearts fans”?

statement from May 2014. It's sad how it has ended for Craig Levein however if he had total responsibility for the shambles of the last few years he was fortunate to last as long as he did. 

"Craig Levein will join the club with immediate effect and will assume total responsibility for everything to do with the playing side of the business. He will be responsible for putting in place an end-to-end strategy for how we are going to implement a youth-driven playing policy within the club.

John Murray will return to his former role as a chief scout. In the short-term, he will also assist with running the Academy, while we identify who should head this up. For the last year, John has taken on a wide sphere of responsibilities in support of the club he loves and for that we owe him a vote of thanks. We are pleased to be able to offer him the opportunity to go back to what he loves best; namely identifying new, young talent.

These decisions have been driven by everything that has been said about needing a long-term strategy, built over a 3-5-year planning horizon. For those reasons, the new Board believes that we need to bring in someone with Craig's experience to guide that vision. With such a strong Director of Football on board, we feel we have to spend our limited resources on strengthening and building the Coaching side of the business, rather than having a 1st team manager. Robbie Neilson will take over as Head Coach for the 1st team and we will bring in a strong support team to work with Robbie in terms of an Assistant Coach and U20s Coach.

Over the next few days, a number of other changes will be announced as we start the process of rebuilding our great Club. We will have to say good-bye to a number of the fans' current favourites; we will do our best to secure all our excellent young players; and we will welcome a group of new players, who will help us achieve our vision.

A number of the decisions we make over the next few days and weeks will be driven by finance. We have to ensure we live within our means. All of the decisions have been taken with a view to ensuring the future stability of our club".

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neilson won the Championship as manager mate.  :lol: there you go with the blind rage shit when there’s nothing else.

In fact, Neilson won more with us than Levein his whole career.  I’m surprised Craig didn’t do a John Terry looking back mind. 

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

As you like facts, why do you ignore all context about what started our slide to the bottom. You bring up Hibs. They slid to the bottom over 10 years - one season worse than the next. And that was without any of the stand reconstruction, admin, Cathro debacle or injuries that we had. This was a one-off blip for us. Some need to learn to cope with bad seasons better. And I don't even mean this last season that is highly unusual. I mean finishing 5th or 6th (which we do often) or even 3rd (which we do less often).

This last 18 months or 2 years had in the background a set of circumstances that will never be repeated. Levein was responsible for it in the end as he was at the helm when it happened, but he certainly wasn't responsible for everything that contributed to it.

Hello Me Injuries.  There was three seasons of shite.  This time last year, in fact August you said we had the best squad outside the old firm and will easily finish third or fourth.

All teams lose players through injuries, all teams as much as Leveins hearts. 

He was responsible for appointing Cathro chucking money at him, for being in charge that no decent manager wanted to go near the job after, was in charge appointing himself and all the shite he signed and was responsible for not resigning when he was sacked from two roles.

Stop apologising for the man that’s lead us to demotion and cost the club millions.  There’s always a ****ing excuse.