Jump to content
Heres Rixxy

SPFL declare league due to Covid ( Go to Arbitration )

Recommended Posts

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, George Cowie said:


Except Stranraer , obviously! 
 

Hope we haven’t shot ourselves in the foot with that bit !

Stranraer cannot afford to , that is the only reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One five

I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of all this (although I enjoy the entertainment on KB ). I'm just looking forward to a Saturday home game whatever league we are in a few pints maybe a pie in the diggers or a breakfast in the caley sample room before the game , gid laugh wi the mates, opinions on how shit we are playing, what we would do if we where the manager we all do it eh 😂it just seems like a different life time now. Our good days will be back soon regardless of all of all them clubs trying to **** us over .

We are the FAMOUS

WE are the BEST supported club in the world.
WE are are the HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN.
Only Hearts
Forever Hearts
FTSPFL
FTSFA
FTH

627F6225-3326-4219-B1E3-75B5ABB39E33.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

 Now **** off back to your Dundee cesspit you irrelevant peon.

 

👏

 

:sadrobbo:

 

We need more insults like this imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Despite it not fitting the narrative some people drive, not all Dundee Utd, Raith or Cove fans will be happy or supportive of what has happened! My postie is a Raith fan and thinks that what has happened should not have because it was/is unfair. 

Ok.

 

Dundee changing their vote and in the manner they did it was wrong.

 

Ross County Chairman coming out with the “take their medicine” was wrong.

 

Dundee Utd stating that they would not vote for reconstruction under any circumstances was wrong.

 

Raith Rovers consistently voting against reconstruction, thereby leaving behind Falkirk, the team they lead by the slimmest of margins going by the PPG, was off the scale wrong.

 

Championship clubs voting against reconstruction despite the situation that Partick Thistle found themselves in (one point behind with a game in hand) is off the scale x 1000 wrong.

 

A significant number of Chairman making derogatory comments toward Hearts and Partick Thistle, and in particular a hugely negative narrative toward Ann Budge was/is wrong.

 

Few Chairman/CEO’s - with the notable exception of Gary Deans - making any comment about how unfair the whole situation has been toward Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, and other clubs who were in strong play off positions, and Kelly Hears and Brora Rangers.

 

Few Chairman pointing the finger - rightly - at the SPFL for being the architects of this debacle is wrong.

 

The C3 perpetuating the rest of the world v Hearts/Partick Thistle is wrong.

 

There is lots more but you get the point.

 

The point that you make is correct. No real fans were involved in the decision making process of any of these events. Where your argument falls down is that very, very, few of these fans have made any attempt to make their feelings known in support of us. Viewing social media platforms, fans forums, newspaper websites, it is clear there is a very large number of vocal fans who are voicing their option on the matter. The opinion - in the main - is “feck them, they deserve it” particularly in relation to us. Strangely enough I have yet to look one fan of another team in the eye and have them tell me that. Many have said it shouldn’t have happened and is unfair to my face, only for me to read their real thoughts and hatred towards us on social media.

 

My thought on this matter is simple. Only Hearts. I am of the opinion that we should make every effort to cause as much financial harm to those clubs who have shafted us as is humanly possible. By doing that the decision makers at these clubs will be able to have documentary evidence of the consequences of their self interest, it’s called a balance sheet, with tens of thousands of pounds missing from it feom games against Hearts.

 

The majority of fans of these clubs have sat idly by and watched this debacle unfold. We need to ensure that their clubs, and they themselves, realise there are consequences for self interest and apathy.  As had been said many times about us, I will say about them, feck them, they deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, George Cowie said:


Except Stranraer , obviously! 
 

Hope we haven’t shot ourselves in the foot with that bit !

Stranraer are NOT in our position in that they simply can’t afford the risk of court action. We could have, I suppose, funded them to be included at minimal extra cost to us. Must be a reason we didn’t. Perhaps we didn’t think it was appropriate for clubs to fund other clubs legal fees ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hagar the Horrible
Just now, hmfc_steve said:

he must know his own rules ?

I think he does and to the letter, its the arrogance that he thinks they dont apply to him.  Him and Lawwell presented a case to end the season, that they did not think would be challenged, They though they won when 13 clubs asked for an independent enquiry, which the rules should change that if 3 or more ask for it it should be granted without delay?

 

I think the SPFL board know they dont have much of a case and need DU to justify their part as they can say they are acting on behalf of a member club in distress, that we are putting them through.  IF DU pull out there is no mandate to fight it.  By DU not being involved it is acceptance that they are happy for remaining in the championship, regardless of how they voice their objections in public.  They have to voice it in court and that costs money, And the court still might not agree, and it will cost you twice as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, George Cowie said:


Except Stranraer , obviously! 
 

Hope we haven’t shot ourselves in the foot with that bit !

Stranraer weighed up the costs and risks involved and decided they could not afford it. I would suggest that Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers should have done the same.

 

The alternative for Stranraer was to request funding from external sources or reduce themselves to laughing stock by begging for funds from other SPFL clubs. They had no external benefactor willing to subsidise them and as begging appears to be against the SPFL rules, they wisely avoided prostituting themselves.

 

In any case, if we win, then I am certain that they way will not be adversely affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree. The stewardship of Scottish football & the ingrained culture of failure resulting in it being a complete tinpot backwater has been a disgrace. I'm not for government intervention in these matters but I genuinely think there should be in this case. The entire structure of the game here is needing an overhaul on every single level.

Might get your wish depending on what comes out at the arbitration hearing. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
williamgerrard
3 hours ago, DUFCFan said:


Begging bowl 🤣


Did your team not put it’s bank details on its own website? 😅😅


Pipe down.

Mods can you please Launch this scumdee fan from our page ps feck dundee utd 

Edited by williamgerrard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

It would have been nice if those Dundee fans put pressure on their Club/Nelms over the weekend when they were getting pressured to change their vote. Saying that they now stand by us against our plight when the horse has bolted isn't worth a jot.

 

**** them.

Not so sure those Dundee fans would have known what was going on any more than we did. I very much doubt Nelms was issuing updates to a fanbase he appears to ignore. I'm pretty sure, though, that if they'd known, at the time, that he was changing the vote in a way that helped Utd gain promotion, they'd have gone absolutely apesh*t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
31 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Is that basically saying donating to another club to fund action against another member is against SPFL rules? 
 

I genuinely don’t think many clubs would or could donate funds for this cause anyway. DU will just have to use their begging bowl to collect tears instead.

 

at least that will prevent Celtic involvement 


Probably just prompt an anonymous donation from Desmond or Lawwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
3 hours ago, DUFCFan said:


Begging bowl 🤣


Did your team not put it’s bank details on its own website? 😅😅


Pipe down.

Our club put our bank details on our website in response to hundreds of fans contacting the club wishing to provide further financial assistance. That further assistance is in addition to the £138,000 per month FOH provides the club.

 

Your poxy wee club didn’t even create their own go fund me page. The reason for that? They would have been upstaged on the amount of money raised by two fans walking in the pissing rain for hours 😂😂😂😂

 

Might be an idea for you all to scrape the back of your necks, what is the going rate for brass nowadays? 😂😂😂😂

 

 

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
29 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I do wonder if every piece of documentation requested will turn up as I am certain there will be some actions that should have been recorded, even minuted, that won't have been, and others that someone, or some people, won't want read out at the tribunal. I do hope it's the case that if any documents are not produced that it goes straight back to the CoS, and Lord Clark.

Moynihan (QC for the Board) got slapped down at the CoS - I don't recall Lord C saying anything in agreement at his whining about the scope of the required documents, only that they should be made available on time. 

 

IMO they'll be asking for the legal opinion (on ending the season) as that sets out the intended strategy (which they appear to have followed to the letter). Granted, the document is in the public domain but Hearts don't have an official copy and it is marked "in confidence" . But that strategy clearly shows the SPFL Board never had any intention of going for recon although whether this is borne out in the Board minutes remains to be seen (although you'd expect Rangers will know all this and have been hopefully helping out as "whistleblower"). 

 

Failure to produce simply isn't an option - this is a matter of law now, no matter how the SPFL try to spin it (and they already tried that in the CoS). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Stranraer weighed up the costs and risks involved and decided they could not afford it. I would suggest that Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers should have done the same.

 

The alternative for Stranraer was to request funding from external sources or reduce themselves to laughing stock by begging for funds from other SPFL clubs. They had no external benefactor willing to subsidise them and as begging appears to be against the SPFL rules, they wisely avoided prostituting themselves.

 

In any case, if we win, then I am certain that they way will not be adversely affected.

Turns out The C3 clubs could afford the legal case even less than stranraer did!

 

Turns out the C3 clubs are getting bills made of C4, and I, for one, would dearly like them all to go up like the Sept of Balor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Special Officer Doofy
14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

:jj:

 

Back of the Wheatfield pls.


Try and coincide it with Fatty the Buffet Slayer and his mate starting their sponsored kebab shop crawl. Make it a proper show.

 

 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stuart500
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

 

We’ve probably raised about a million from doing that. You think that fat ***** can walk for 18 hours? 

My guess is the Arbitration hearing will be over before he reaches Barnton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigyan

Let's not forget that our statement isn't just off the back of the Dundee Utd and Cove statements or even the BBC article stating that clubs have been asked to help out - its also off the back of the comments by the Raith Chairman yesterday, where he confirmed that clubs have in fact sent them money already!

Edited by Bigyan
wrong link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobskeldon
3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ok.

 

Dundee changing their vote and in the manner they did it was wrong.

 

Ross County Chairman coming out with the “take their medicine” was wrong.

 

Dundee Utd stating that they would not vote for reconstruction under any circumstances was wrong.

 

Raith Rovers consistently voting against reconstruction, thereby leaving behind Falkirk, the team they lead by the slimmest of margins going by the PPG, was off the scale wrong.

 

Championship clubs voting against reconstruction despite the situation that Partick Thistle found themselves in (one point behind with a game in hand) is off the scale x 1000 wrong.

 

A significant number of Chairman making derogatory comments toward Hearts and Partick Thistle, and in particular a hugely negative narrative toward Ann Budge was/is wrong.

 

Few Chairman/CEO’s - with the notable exception of Gary Deans - making any comment about how unfair the whole situation has been toward Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer, and other clubs who were in strong play off positions, and Kelly Hears and Brora Rangers.

 

Few Chairman pointing the finger - rightly - at the SPFL for being the architects of this debacle is wrong.

 

The C3 perpetuating the rest of the world v Hearts/Partick Thistle is wrong.

 

There is lots more but you get the point.

 

The point that you make is correct. No real fans were involved in the decision making process of any of these events. Where your argument falls down is that very, very, few of these fans have made any attempt to make their feelings known in support of us. Viewing social media platforms, fans forums, newspaper websites, it is clear there is a very large number of vocal fans who are voicing their option on the matter. The opinion - in the main - is “feck them, they deserve it” particularly in relation to us. Strangely enough I have yet to look one fan of another team in the eye and have them tell me that. Many have said it shouldn’t have happened and is unfair to my face, only for me to read their real thoughts and hatred towards us on social media.

 

My thought on this matter is simple. Only Hearts. I am of the opinion that we should make every effort to cause as much financial harm to those clubs who have shafted us as is humanly possible. By doing that the decision makers at these clubs will be able to have documentary evidence of the consequences of their self interest, it’s called a balance sheet, with tens of thousands of pounds missing from it feom games against Hearts.

 

The majority of fans of these clubs have sat idly by and watched this debacle unfold. We need to ensure that their clubs, and they themselves, realise there are consequences for self interest and apathy.  As had been said many times about us, I will say about them, feck them, they deserve it.

No real need to provide so much documentary evidence, perhaps getting all this praise has given you delusions of grandeur😁 It sounds as if your arguement is based entirely on your view that ALL fans of these clubs think the same and can therefore ALL be blamed for the actions of their clubs. I conclude this because I merely stated that not ALL fans of these clubs can be tarnished with the same arsehole brush that applies to the arsehole fans of these clubs e.g.  I certainly do want tarnished with the arsehole brush of many of our own arseholes, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bobskeldon
9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not so sure those Dundee fans would have known what was going on any more than we did. I very much doubt Nelms was issuing updates to a fanbase he appears to ignore. I'm pretty sure, though, that if they'd known, at the time, that he was changing the vote in a way that helped Utd gain promotion, they'd have gone absolutely apesh*t!

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not so sure those Dundee fans would have known what was going on any more than we did. I very much doubt Nelms was issuing updates to a fanbase he appears to ignore. I'm pretty sure, though, that if they'd known, at the time, that he was changing the vote in a way that helped Utd gain promotion, they'd have gone absolutely apesh*t!

They voted no. They then decided to withdraw that vote. What else was going to happen!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Moynihan (QC for the Board) got slapped down at the CoS - I don't recall Lord C saying anything in agreement at his whining about the scope of the required documents, only that they should be made available on time. 

 

IMO they'll be asking for the legal opinion (on ending the season) as that sets out the intended strategy (which they appear to have followed to the letter). Granted, the document is in the public domain but Hearts don't have an official copy and it is marked "in confidence" . But that strategy clearly shows the SPFL Board never had any intention of going for recon although whether this is borne out in the Board minutes remains to be seen (although you'd expect Rangers will know all this and have been hopefully helping out as "whistleblower"). 

 

Failure to produce simply isn't an option - this is a matter of law now, no matter how the SPFL try to spin it (and they already tried that in the CoS). 

This is why I am wondering what the effect will be if they fail to provide all the requested documentation, hopefully it means that the case goes straight back to the CoS where it might end up with the SPFL having to demonstrate they've done nothing wrong rather than us having to show that they have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Our club put our bank details on our website in response to hundreds of fans contacting the club wishing to provide further financial assistance. That further assistance is in addition to the £138,000 per month FOH provides the club.

 

Your poxy wee club didn’t even create their own go fund me page. The reason for that? They would have been upstaged on the amount of money raised by two fans walking in the pissing rain for hours 😂😂😂😂

 

Might be an idea for you all to scrape the back of your necks, what is the going rate for brass nowadays? 😂😂😂😂

 

 

Exactly ! We've never asked any other club for anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboGraham
Just now, Bigyan said:

Let's not forget that our statement isn't just off the back of the Dundee Utd and Cove statements or even the BBC article stating that clubs have been asked to help out - its also off the back of the comments by the Raith Chairman yesterday, where he confirmed that clubs have in fact sent them money already! 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-raith-rovers-and-cove-rangers-will-continue-fight-tribunal-approaches-2907423%3famp

 

I still don’t believe that any money ever actually changed hands and this was all bravado but interesting that they now need to confirm to the arbitration panel if it was (a) a lie and no funds were provided, (b) confirm that funds were provided and hope that the arbitration panel doesn’t agree with the Hearts/Partick view of this.

 

Possible liar, possible rule break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...