SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Have we played our “ace” or not? It would be good for us all to know what that ace was.

Think that’ll depend on the outcome of reconstruction talks. Most of what was said to me has actually been pretty much spot on if the media is to be believed. There’s still a few clubs on the fence though and once reconstruction is approved or not approved,  then I’m sure nature will take its course.

I’m not ITK where management is concerned though so I wouldn’t know what the next move is for sure 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The anticaption of this becoming real is contagious. 

Yikes!

2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Think that’ll depend on the outcome of reconstruction talks. Most of what was said to me has actually been pretty much spot on if the media is to be believed. There’s still a few clubs on the fence though and once reconstruction is approved or not approved,  then I’m sure nature will take its course.

I’m not ITK where management is concerned though so I wouldn’t know what the next move is for sure 

Would love to hope your contact is spot on and there is an Ace to be played but I’m very sceptical.

Ethan Hunt
19 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I thought you knew what the “ace” was? What has been in the media that is spot on?

To be honest - and it’s maybe just me - but the reply you gave is a bit of a riddle. Both you and @Selkirk Jambo intimated the “ace” news would make fans happy. Given I have no fecking idea what your reply is about I’d suggest it failed, in my case at least.

3 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Always sticks in my mind as Love Street but I always thought the two grounds were similar, and it was along time ago😔

Sandy also scored at Love Street in a 3-2 win a few weeks after his Cappielow debut. Indeed, may well have scored twice against St. Mirren. Jimmy Bone scored as well. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Boof said:

Why?

Go and read a few pages back I didn’t start it, basically to make up extra fixtures in a bigger league I presume.

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Have we had the scoops from Saughton and Selkirk yet? What were they?

Have an enigma code breaker ready.

colinmaroon
40 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

How do you know?

Don't believe anything from "Harry"/

How many of these "not now" clubs actually grasp that we will probably be forced into a revised set-up just to get enough teams together to play.

This is about survival of as many clubs as possible. Selfish, insular attitudes will not save any of them from extended loss of income streams. 

Also, I simply cannot believe the penny has not dropped in that it is a choice between reconstruction or legal action. 

Turkishcap
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I dont think there is any doubt Hibs are trying to kill us off. 

With Hearts either gone or grievously wounded they see their chance to be the only or main club in the capital. 

They won't succeed of course and will end up shooting themselves in the foot. 

Tried before and failed, ahh the shifting balance of power!

south morocco
Just now, Gizmo said:

How many of these "not now" clubs actually grasp that we will probably be forced into a revised set-up just to get enough teams together to play.

This is about survival of as many clubs as possible. Selfish, insular attitudes will not save any of them from extended loss of income streams. 

Also, I simply cannot believe the penny has not dropped in that it is a choice between reconstruction or legal action. 

Hibs are being deliberately awkward it seems. Reconstruction will be forced on Scottish Football one way or another in the coming months 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Go and read a few pages back I didn’t start it, basically to make up extra fixtures in a bigger league I presume.

No.

You chose to use the number 1690.

I'm asking why.

If it's some Only an Excuse-type misguided attempt to find sectarianism funny then it isn't. Not then, not now and not in the future.

The greater distance we at this fine club can put between ourselves and those odious bigots on either side of the sectarian divide in Scotland's second city, the better.

I never, ever want this club to be associated with the baggage that afflicts lesser clubs - we're better than that. The feeble excuse of 'Aye, but it winds them up' is like the average Old Firm fan - it doesn't wash.

Just now, south morocco said:

Hibs are being deliberately awkward it seems. Reconstruction will be forced on Scottish Football one way or another in the coming months 

We better damn well learn our lesson this time - no "special relationship" can be permitted with Hibs, who have shown themselves time and again to be sleekit and utterly untrustworthy.  

1 minute ago, south morocco said:

They will be embarrassed if reconstruction happens. Dropped a place, Lost out on 100k plus and basically went around delighted we were down.

Them and a few teams are delighted at our perceived demise.

I have no doubt what ever division we are in we will come out of this crisis stronger. That's the real fear from the other clubs this is their last chance to put the boot in before we leave them behind.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

No.

You chose to use the number 1690.

I'm asking why.

If it's some Only an Excuse-type misguided attempt to find sectarianism funny then it isn't. Not then, not now and not in the future.

The greater distance we at this fine club can put between ourselves and those odious bigots on either side of the sectarian divide in Scotland's second city, the better.

I never, ever want this club to be associated with the baggage that afflicts lesser clubs - we're better than that. The feeble excuse of 'Aye, but it winds them up' is like the average Old Firm fan - it doesn't wash.

Get a ****ing life, it was actually criticising these *****. Have you mentioned it to the other people or just me?

Edited by Pasquale for King

doctor jambo
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200525_191441.jpg

That is a pretty appalling thing to do with someone’s livelihood 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200525_191441.jpg

Unless they are confident that the fans will vote for him to stay what a brutal way to be told you no longer have a job by people voting on it - mental health awareness not! 

Edited by fbjambo
Spelling edit

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, fbjambo said:

Unless they are confident that the fans will vote for him to stay what a brutal way to be told you no longer have a job by people voting on it - mental health awareness not! 

Surely anyone on Twitter can vote.

What happens if rival fans all vote NO?

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

Surely anyone on Twitter can vote.

What happens if rival fans all vote NO?

I know - probably why it’s a football first as it’s a stupid idea 

queensferryjambo

What are Marvin Bartley's comments all about?

I can't tell if he is having a joke or being really spiteful.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Get a ****ing life, it was actually criticising these *****. Have you mentioned it to the other people or just me?

I have a life, thank you very much. A life that doesn't normalise the use use of sectarianism in a misguided attempt at humour.

I fail to see how it was criticising these ***** - it just conforms to lazy stereotyping...and I'm sure many of them would revel in their bigotry. 

We, as supporters of this fine club and users of the best football fans' forum in the country do NOT need to resort to such puerile behaviour.

I haven't mentioned it to anyone else (yet) as I've not seen anyone else using such. Maybe you've just caught me at a time my seethe levels are raised due to Johnson and Cummings.

ToadKiller Dog
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

20200525_191441.jpg

What a stupid stunt to do ,surely the player couldn't have agreed to that .If that was us the PFA guy would be all over it .

Look at the wording on that Livi tweet...

No - Get him out

How welcome is that going to make him feel?

Massive own goal from the Macaroni munchers.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can't tell if it's taking the piss now out of Hearts...

Kinda looks that way 🤷

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boof said:

I have a life, thank you very much. A life that doesn't normalise the use use of sectarianism in a misguided attempt at humour.

I fail to see how it was criticising these ***** - it just conforms to lazy stereotyping...and I'm sure many of them would revel in their bigotry. 

We, as supporters of this fine club and users of the best football fans' forum in the country do NOT need to resort to such puerile behaviour.

I haven't mentioned it to anyone else (yet) as I've not seen anyone else using such. Maybe you've just caught me at a time my seethe levels are raised due to Johnson and Cummings.

Yeah it might be better to go and moan at someone who doesn’t fight on a daily basis for this wonderful country to be rid of this stain on society, and I’m equally as annoyed by today’s goings on. The Corona Virus thread is a good place to vent these feelings. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, fbjambo said:

I know - probably why it’s a football first as it’s a stupid idea 

It's not from this "Footballfirst"

Just now, jamboman9 said:

Kinda looks that way 🤷

Wee bit sensitive there , he’s answering a Rangers fan 

tokyowalnut
Just now, Boof said:

Look at the wording on that Livi tweet...

No - Get him out

How welcome is that going to make him feel?

Massive own goal from the Macaroni munchers.

The player is commenting throughout the thread, it is clearly a joke. Him and Bartley are also mates, hence the comments from him!! 

Some people cant see a joke for the pretend rage. 

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

The player is commenting throughout the thread, it is clearly a joke. Him and Bartley are also mates, hence the comments from him!! 

Since I haven't read the thread - perhaps unsurprisingly I'm not a follower of LivingstonFC's  twitter feed - the hilarity escaped me.

eyesandears

Dozens if not 100s of players losing or about to lose their jobs and this is Livi's idea of humour. Wow just wow.

Super_Hans
1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

He's 37 and third choice keeper. Future probably already been decided. Obviously an in house joke.

Loads of folk getting all uptight. One guy wanting the PFA involved. Embarrassing stuff.

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

What, 19k of them? :lol:

There's folk from England voting on it, ffs.

I did

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Boof said:

Isn’t saying “like the average OF fan, it doesn’t wash” a lazy stereotype?

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

It is. Between the Livi Twitter boy and the Accies Communications guy, they've had a good couple of weeks at our expense.

The irony when livvi go down the toilet in the next week and have to let him go.....

Ethan Hunt
1 minute ago, Barack said:

It is. Between the Livi Livi Twitter boy and the Accies Communications guy, they've had a good couple of weeks at our expense.

But still there will be Hearts fans that will go to games against these type of clubs.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It is. Between the Livi Twitter boy and the Accies Communications guy, they've had a good couple of weeks at our expense.

I see that now. 

Delighted for them...

Hearts owner Ann Budge's fresh proposals for SPFL league reconstruction were NOT discussed at the Championship meeting - and will not be made public today.

@SkySportsNews has been told they will now be published “in the next couple of days”.

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, south morocco said:

It's funny (or rather sad). Hibs owner is based in America so he should know this but in the MLS they deliberately expanded the league to create more "local" derbies as they understand their value. In Scotland they at worst deliberately try to kill them off and at best ignore all of them except one. League reconstruction could give us another 2 or 3 derbies in the top league.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )