SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Gorgie_Rules

Whilst the whole situation has been a shambles and unfair, playing devils advocate... if its in the rules that member clubs can vote to end the season with current standings then surely that will stand up in court? 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Kane did play in the 2nd game correct, and jamie saved his penalty 👍🏻

What that keeper we let go?  - Jamie wi a blindfold a better option than all 3 goalies this season put together 

queensferryjambo
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Screenshot_20200525-161144_Facebook.jpg

Brilliant our fans are doing this.

Sickening that their money is going towards subsidising the drop in income due to an unfair expulsion from the league.

Even worse if it becomes the scenario that we play half a season due to a pile of clubs not being able to afford to restart without crowds.

Yet they will vote against reconstruction to put Hearts down hoping our fans will fill their grounds for them. 

We should not set foot in the Championship grounds.

doctor jambo
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brit Scots v Irish Scots? Battle of the Uglies? Scotland’s Shame charity shield? The religious, don’t practice it, trophy? The horrible stinking ***** quaich? We’re a bigger club than you are cup? The whataboutery shield?

Yeah you’re probably right.

A nasty  disease imported from abroad, that causes misery, destruction and death to our streets, catching innocents in the crossfire that politicians seem unable to get a grip of

I give you the Covid Cup

Edited by doctor jambo

J.T.F.Robertson
6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Just another reason for that inferiority-ridden crowd across town to foam at the mooth. Great stuff!

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Whilst the whole situation has been a shambles and unfair, playing devils advocate... if its in the rules that member clubs can vote to end the season with current standings then surely that will stand up in court? 

Not when it was carried out in violation of the Companies Act 2006...please go and read the QC advice given to PTFC.

VERY interesting reading.

Aside from the alleged coercion and blatant material non-disclosure regarding the prize money and broadcasting deal, the simple fact that they allowed Dundee to change their vote, contravenes the Companies Act 2006, screwing their original resolution.

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

A thousand new/increased/one off pledges is simply incredible. Think about that... we had 8.5k at our peak! Unbelievable numbers.

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

When’s our esteemed leader telling these ***** agree or your going to court 🤔

I thought the championship teams were meeting this morning and her proposal was being presented this afternoon but I've heard nothing🤔

Robbo-Jambo
21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wtf does yes mean but not now? They want us to go down and then restructure for next season when we should be guaranteed promotion. 

Typical dumpster reaction though. Hopefully a final nail in the coffin that we never ever cosy up to the vermin again. As for the sheep... I’d love for them to die a horrible death! 

I can feel the bile rising in my throat as I read that article. 

If that's accurate views it has no chance of going through. 

The legal route it will have to be then. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Strong words in today's BBC podcast from Strachan. 

Berating the 200 spectators clubs for expecting to be looked after whilst providing very little in return. 

Qualified that by saying the clubs should exist but at a different level and not live off the SPFL. 

Can't say I disagree 

He's right. 

There should really only be two professional leagues in Scotland,  with coaching staff, youth development,  scouting etc.

Let the rest play in regional leagues and the ones that have the aspirations and ability will get the chance through the play offs.

Riccarton3
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What will happen first? Update on reconstruction or Dominic cummings statement!

Half an hour late. Maybe away back up north

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If that's accurate views it has no chance of going through. 

The legal route it will have to be then. 

Take the whole shooting match down Hearts. **** them all and bring the SPFL crashing down.

bobskeldon
29 minutes ago, Boof said:

You wouldn't have enjoyed it if you'd sampled their catering facilities!

Always had a pie!!!!! Remember one particular Boxing Day fixture when weather was Baltic but lots of supporters on bus from DMains ( I think) wore Hawaiian gear with surfboards and Congo danced round the terracing🤪🤪🤪

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

What will happen first? Update on reconstruction or Dominic cummings statement!

One involves a weasel fronting for a corrupt and dishonest organisation who have lied continually yet still remain in power. A more dishonest bunch you couldn't imagine, full of backstabbing self interest ego maniacs.

The other involves Dominic Cummings.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Send that to Keith Jackson.

On a piece of anthrax infected paper wrapped around a jobby.

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Half an hour late. Maybe away back up north

I hear the A1s murder this afternoon. 

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Send that to Keith Jackson.

keefs headline

"Nasty Hearts demand money from fans to help them survive"

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Always had a pie!!!!! 

Yowsers!

As a student I must've put some quantity of unhealthy stuff in my mouth but one bite of a Cappielow pie saw the remainder of that one - and the second one I'd bought as I was so hungry - dropped onto the terracing. I'm still mentally scarred...

I dont think there is any doubt Hibs are trying to kill us off. 

With Hearts either gone or grievously wounded they see their chance to be the only or main club in the capital. 

They won't succeed of course and will end up shooting themselves in the foot. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I've advocated this for years,  how Rugby League saved itself,  summer sport too, unfortunately 2 teams would never let it happen 

This is most importantly where there has to be a change - If the 2 teams don't  want to listen to other clubs They can have a league of 2.  I've never understood this utter subservience to the bigot brothers. They need their cannon fodder to continue their football arms race.

Without them all teams will find a level they can afford , it won't be the end of the world - just a better one minus sectarian bigotry cheating,  back stabbing and Knobbled refs.

What would be different ? we already cannot keep a player that is decent and we pay fortunes to bang average jokers from god knows where

France went back to zero with Houlier etc insisted on playing young players throughout the league,  6 in each team, i believe  Guys like Henry came out of all that The ended the 90s as world champions!!

Jeez Ill never be able to survive without seeing another David Vannacek or Oshinanwa type signing 

One thing Strachan, and to be fair he did have a few...got right is that we need to quickly get to a stage where there is never a televised live, game (and imo highlights too) on a plastic pitch again.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

One thing Strachan, and to be fair he did have a few...got right is that we need to quickly get to a stage where there is never a televised live, game (and imo highlights too) on a plastic pitch again.

Sounds like he’s a worth a punt at the job. That’s a few things he’s got spot on. 

41 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wtf does yes mean but not now? They want us to go down and then restructure for next season when we should be guaranteed promotion. 

Typical dumpster reaction though. Hopefully a final nail in the coffin that we never ever cosy up to the vermin again. As for the sheep... I’d love for them to die a horrible death! 

Yes but not now means that nasty overspending Hearts need to be punished before reconstruction happens. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

A nasty  disease imported from abroad, that causes misery, destruction and death to our streets, catching innocents in the crossfire that politicians seem unable to get a grip of

I give you the Covid Cup

Covid 1(6)9(0) cup 👍🏽👏🏾

Independence
47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Unbeaten on our Last trips to White heart Lane and Anfield. 

😎

...and Molineux. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

He's right. 

There should really only be two professional leagues in Scotland,  with coaching staff, youth development,  scouting etc.

Let the rest play in regional leagues and the ones that have the aspirations and ability will get the chance through the play offs.

Yeah,  my exact thoughts 

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Have we played our “ace” or not? It would be good for us all to know what that ace was.

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Covid 1(6)9(0) cup 👍🏽👏🏾

What does this actually mean?

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Have we played our “ace” or not? It would be good for us all to know what that ace was.

Aye, spill the beans Saughton Jambo. What’s the ace?

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Last time I was there a centre forward called Sandy Clark made his Hearts debut . 

I was there with a car load from Gorebridge 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Boof said:

What does this actually mean?

There’s been a few names thrown out there for an invitational two team cup between the ugly sisters. Doctor Jambo came up with the Covid cup, I added 19 but also 1690. 

51 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hear the A1s murder this afternoon. 

this has been a shocker so far so hopefully reconstruction news is more positive 

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Just another reason for that inferiority-ridden crowd across town to foam at the mooth. Great stuff!

That, plus the fact that they only win the Scottish Cup once a century knocks them bandy.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s been a few names thrown out there for an invitational two team cup between the ugly sisters. Doctor Jambo came up with the Covid cup, I added 19 but also 1690. 

Why?

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

???

The vote happened before they were even presented with the reconstruction by Ann.

this reconstruction will never pass in a million years.

jimbojambo
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Well the one good thing to come out of this is that it has united a previously divided support to get behind our club. If we get a good pay out we may actually come out of this very well as premiership teams play to empty stadia...

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

The vote happened before they were even presented with the reconstruction by Ann.

this reconstruction will never pass in a million years.

technically never got to a vote previously. It was the prem12 that took initial soundings and 6 teams said they wouldn’t vote for it but it will have to go to a vote otherwise goes massively in our favour for legal action 

11 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Votes already happened

I thought that Mrs B was giving all the clubs the proposal today then they'd vote in a couple of days once they've all had a chance to think about it .

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

technically never got to a vote previously. It was the prem12 that took initial soundings and 6 teams said they wouldn’t vote for it but it will have to go to a vote otherwise goes massively in our favour for legal action 

Yeh it will go to a vote but I think we all know the outcome.

it will be a carve up as per and court it will be.

Just now, 1953 said:

I thought that Mrs B was giving all the clubs the proposal today then they'd vote in a couple of days once they've all had a chance to think about it .

I think what people are saying is that clubs have already made up their mind to vote no

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Covid 1(6)9(0) cup 👍🏽👏🏾

The anticaption of this becoming real is contagious. 

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

yep but they know doubt had already made up their minds prior to today

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Yeah, but it will look better for their defence of they are seen to have considered it, rather than just said no straight of the bat. 

This is an arse covering excerise  for due diligence and process in case of court action. 

8 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Hope all the ****s that vote against it go into administration.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )