SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep but what can be done about those p/t teams?

Regional league. Expansion of the Highland and lowland League system. 

You could turn those leagues into a good set of playoffs end of season 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

I’m not a rugby league man. How does it work?

Elimination games based on league position. 

Rightly its loaded to those who finish with most points but ends in a Super bowl type game known as Grand Final 

3fingersreid
29 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes.  at Cappielow. 3-2  Possibly the only match were Sandy Clark and Jimmy Bone played together.  Jimmy Bone's role in re-establishing us in the top league is sadly often overlooked. 

100% correct Jimmy Bone was one of the reasons Robbo went into be the striker he was . JB goal at Parkhead where he lobbed that slavering twat bonner was a fantastic finish 

Edited by 3fingersreid

Byyy The Light
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Elimination games based on league position. 

Rightly its loaded to those who finish with most points but ends in a Super bowl type game known as Grand Final 

Was aware of the grand final, it was played at Murrayfield a few years back I think. In a 16 team league, how many teams get involved in the elimination stage?

We need to try something to make the league more exciting!

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

yep but what can be done about those p/t teams?

Best watch or you will have the traditional police out. Remember when in 1920 or something when Montrose, Brechin or some other team with support in the 10's grabbed a draw against Celtic/Sevco, so they still deserve a place in professional football.

A country our size is big enough for 16 professional teams. One division, 15 games home, 15 away. The rest go semi pro in their own league system. 

Celtic, Sevco, Heart of Midlothian, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, ICT, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Partick T, Falkirk, Dundee, then if we have to have them, Livingston, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dunfermline.

27 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He’s actually right, clubs are either professional or they’re not.  Clubs like Clyde voting to seriously harm fully professional clubs like Falkirk and Partick just so they can leach off their travelling support.

Happens further up the pyramid too, where reconstruction is a no go because clubs like St Johnstone want to leech of the OF’s support.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Was aware of the grand final, it was played at Murrayfield a few years back I think. In a 16 team league, how many teams get involved in the elimination stage?

Grand Final always at Old Trafford. Murrayfield hosted Magic weekend. All derbies played game after game, at same venue over a weekend. Went to this and was a great day out with Wigan v St Helens main event. Tough game played by tough men. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good question,  I'm not certain how many do.

They have a big weekend,  think that was at Murrayfield. 

Every League game is played in the one major hub

Might actually be this Bank Holiday end May they do it.

Game is in much better shape for the change. 

Brought in teams from France and Spain too  who had no proper league,  added a bit of spice. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

England Women's Super League ended

Still to decide on title and relegation.

20200525_152917.jpg

At the risk of going off on a tangent, if this is a league called "England Women's Super League" and the only people allowed to play in it are women, where is the need to write "Women" after each club name?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

At the risk of going off on a tangent, if this is a league called "England Women's Super League" and the only people allowed to play in it are women, where is the need to write "Women" after each club name?

Makes it easier for I8 to hate them.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Best watch or you will have the traditional police out. Remember when in 1920 or something when Montrose, Brechin or some other team with support in the 10's grabbed a draw against Celtic/Sevco, so they still deserve a place in professional football.

A country our size is big enough for 16 professional teams. One division, 15 games home, 15 away. The rest go semi pro in their own league system. 

Celtic, Sevco, Heart of Midlothian, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, ICT, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Partick T, Falkirk, Dundee, then if we have to have them, Livingston, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dunfermline.

Dunfermline are/were a bigger club than ICT and County. Years in the bush leagues has damaged them greatly. Another consequence of years of a top ten and only one promotion place.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Haha. Can of whoopass  absolutely correct,  bit silly 

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Good point. Could call hem "Ladies"  - bit classier ..... whereas "burds", maybe not so much 😉

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Strong words in today's BBC podcast from Strachan. 

Berating the 200 spectators clubs for expecting to be looked after whilst providing very little in return. 

Qualified that by saying the clubs should exist but at a different level and not live off the SPFL. 

Can't say I disagree 

Yes I thought wee Gordon was bang on the money with this. Not often I agree with him but this past week there’s a few that have come out in our favour. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Clyde is a club that fell off the radar really. 

1958 Hearts Achilles heel. Would have been the invincibles had it not been for the Bully WEE

Surely you mean the "ROBUST" Wee ?

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Grand Final always at Old Trafford. Murrayfield hosted Magic weekend. All derbies played game after game, at same venue over a weekend. Went to this and was a great day out with Wigan v St Helens main event. Tough game played by tough men. 

I did state I wasn’t a rugby league man 😁 but knew something went on though. Watched a few games back in the day with Martin Offiah etc at Wigan when it used to be on BBC but that’s about the extent of my knowledge.

Do they award anything for “regular season” before the play offs?  Was thinking if we offered 1 of the Champions League spots for that then it means the first 30 games aren’t a waste of time. 

Fozzyonthefence

Surely these reconstruction talks are going to be pointless.  Not only is there no chance of getting the necessary votes but why even discuss 14-10-10-10 or 14 x 3 when there’s not going to be 42 or 44 teams able to play at the start of the season?  They need to establish which clubs are willing to play and when before deciding how many teams need to be in each league.  Other than the Championship clubs discussing that today I haven’t seen anything suggesting this has been discussed with League 1 and 2, although presumably everyone in Premiership will be ok to play. 

And as others have pointed out, why is this being left to AB to sort out instead of the guy they gets paid nearly £400k per year?

59 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Kane did play in the 2nd game correct, and jamie saved his penalty 👍🏻

To help us become the only visitors to Tottenham that season to keep a clean sheet.

I did state I wasn’t a rugby league man 😁 but knew something went on though. Watched a few games back in the day with Martin Offiah etc at Wigan when it used to be on BBC but that’s about the extent of my knowledge.

Do they award anything for “regular season” before the play offs?  Was thinking if we offered 1 of the Champions League spots for that then it means the first 30 games aren’t a waste of time. 

Yes

League title followed by cup title. Could give two European spots. 

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I thought that was odd too. I guess it's because if they show the results on the tv then people can automatically see it's the women's game but l could be talking cobblers! Only reason l can think of.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Surely you mean the "ROBUST" Wee ?

:lol:

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I loved going to Cappielow!

You wouldn't have enjoyed it if you'd sampled their catering facilities!

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

League winner shield awarded after regular season completed. If they aren't able to complete season, then I believe they won't have relegation and Celtic have asked to be awarded any outstanding trophies. 

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The 1690 trophy has a ring to it?!?!

No the losers of said battle would object to that name. The sectarian cup or the bigots trophy sounds about right to me.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

To help us become the only visitors to Tottenham that season to keep a clean sheet.

Unbeaten on our Last trips to White heart Lane and Anfield. 

😎

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Regional league. Expansion of the Highland and lowland League system. 

You could turn those leagues into a good set of playoffs end of season 

yes but the  clubs and fans of those teams(as little as they are) wouldnt  go for that

18 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

feck the rest 🙂

3 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I thought that was odd too. I guess it's because if they show the results on the tv then people can automatically see it's the women's game but l could be talking cobblers! Only reason l can think of.

Because Arsenal and Chelsea are the mens teams.

Motherwell for example here removed the distinction.

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

yes but the  clubs and fans of those teams(as little as they are) wouldnt  go for that

They might be more inclined to go for it if they came in at a higher division than present, and there was more money available to cover travel costs etc.

23 minutes ago, Defender said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-every-spfl-club-really-22082557

Article showing where each club likely stands on the issue of reconstruction.

Wtf does yes mean but not now? They want us to go down and then restructure for next season when we should be guaranteed promotion. 

Typical dumpster reaction though. Hopefully a final nail in the coffin that we never ever cosy up to the vermin again. As for the sheep... I’d love for them to die a horrible death! 

I can feel the bile rising in my throat as I read that article. 

I have emailed FOH to seek their views on canvasing the members, as was done in the past about funding the new stand, with regard to using our donations to fund legal advice and possible action against the decision to exclude us from the SPL.

If we don't use these funds to defend our club in the face of mounting vitriol from the press, so called expert pundits and even a past Hearts ' legend' I don't know when we can use it.

Let's stand shoulder to shoulder and meet head on this morally bankrupt cabal and lance this fetid cesspit of corruption. To paraphrase an old bloke, let future Hearts supporters look back at us at this time and say"This was their finest hour"

We are Heart of Midlothian Football Club.  WE.FEAR. NO.ONE.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No the losers of said battle would object to that name. The sectarian cup or the bigots trophy sounds about right to me.

Bigot Bowl

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

That's when you have the robust conversation with them. Things will never change if we let these shit hole clubs carry on as they are. We need a strong leader, not Neil Doncaster, to lead the change required.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

They might be more inclined to go for it if they came in at a higher division than present, and there was more money available to cover travel costs etc.

very doubtful though

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

That's when you have the robust conversation with them. Things will never change if we let these shit hole clubs carry on as they are. We need a strong leader, not Neil Doncaster, to lead the change required.

yep

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wtf does yes mean but not now? They want us to go down and then restructure for next season when we should be guaranteed promotion. 

Typical dumpster reaction though. Hopefully a final nail in the coffin that we never ever cosy up to the vermin again. As for the sheep... I’d love for them to die a horrible death! 

You still waiting on confirmation before releasing your news?

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

probably reconstruction during next season where there is no promotion to or relegation from the premiership due to number of games played if any in the championship

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

League winner shield awarded after regular season completed. If they aren't able to complete season, then I believe they won't have relegation and Celtic have asked to be awarded any outstanding trophies. 

🤣 sounds about right, sign me up.

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I would say that the change,  is realisation that not every club can play. 

League Cup and Scottish Cup must be in doubt. 

No clarity to plan because of the circumstances,  people are now realistic the status quo is collectively ****ed 

You may well be right. There are a number of factors at play here. There is also the SPFL boards complete lack of understanding and appreciation of how COVID19 was going to affect the whole of Scottish football. How it’s only now that people are becoming realistic to the effects is absolutely astonishing. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Brit Scots v Irish Scots? Battle of the Uglies? Scotland’s Shame charity shield? The religious, don’t practice it, trophy? The horrible stinking ***** quaich? We’re a bigger club than you are cup? The whataboutery shield?

Yeah you’re probably right.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

I loved going to Cappielow!

I got punched in the face at 12 years old going to cappilow........Happy days

1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I enjoyed the 18 team league and didn't like the change to the 10 team league in 75-76.  I  am still not a fan of the smaller league, and the 34 game league meant a longer summer break, East of Scotland Shield matches meant something and we went on end of season tours. There was much more variety and despite the 18 teams a win was never a given.  Our crowds fell after we lost the league on the last day of the season to Killie, not because of the league set up, and dropped much more for several years after the so called saving the game 75 reorganisation; it was this period that saw our smallest home crowd - 1,800 v Killie on what I remember was a lovely sunny Saturday afternoon. The current set up is stale and results in too many games.  I understand the concerns, but sometimes a change is as good as a rest and now is as good a time as any to give it a go. 

It wasn't just us though. 

Rangers and Celtic also had historically low crowds in that era as well. 

I agree about the current set up being stale. 

Perhaps the modern day ST culture would mean less of a hit to finances if a club was stuck in no man's land in the league. 

Psychedelicropcircle

When’s our esteemed leader telling these ***** agree or your going to court 🤔

will-i-am-a-jambo
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Because Arsenal and Chelsea are the mens teams.

Motherwell for example here removed the distinction.

Thanks Mikey. Are Motherwell the only team to do so? I guess there must be others.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You still waiting on confirmation before releasing your news?

Think it’s a waiting game with reconstruction on the table just now. I don’t want to keep pushing for info and the source said he’d be back to me if he heard anything else. Like us all, I’m still hopeful reconstruction will save us 

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

It wasn't just us though. 

Rangers and Celtic also had historically low crowds in that era as well. 

I agree about the current set up being stale. 

Perhaps the modern day ST culture would mean less of a hit to finances if a club was stuck in no man's land in the league. 

Very good point about ST culture. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )