SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It must be getting near to the time where Doncaster goes on Sportsound again and Tom English isn't allowed to ask him anything while Dick Gordon salad tosses.

😂😂😂

👍

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It must be getting near to the time where Doncaster goes on Sportsound again and Tom English isn't allowed to ask him anything while Dick Gordon salad tosses.

yup or a cosy interview with Chicko where the questions are agreed in advance. Like getting savaged by a hibernating hamster...

LarrysRightFoot
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

for the 48th time. Championship teams have just been given £500k. Testing to the end of the season will cost 10% of that at most.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1822105/spfl-government-funding-championship-wages/amp/

I think this helps illustrate that’s clubs won’t just be sitting with £500k in the bank. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/1822105/spfl-government-funding-championship-wages/amp/

I think this helps illustrate that’s clubs won’t just be sitting with £500k in the bank. 

Yep, most will be down to about £450k-£475k left after paying December's wages. 

McLeish says the Scottish government "doesn't trust" the SFA and SPFL.

"The relationships with government are rock bottom," the former Scottish Labour leader and one-time East Fife footballer told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

shitehawks can spot each other a mile away

Scottish Leagues 1 and 2 as well as the SWPL 1 and 2 divisions will not play during the suspension.

However, SWPL1 champions Glasgow City hope to be given permission to continue training.

"I've already asked our governing body to ask of the SFA that we're not discriminated against - that we're not treated any differently from the men's Championship clubs," chief executive Laura Montgomery told BBC Scotland.

"We are more than willing to pay for the weekly testing so that we can continue to train. I fully understand that our league as a whole probably can't do the same - and on that basis we certainly can't continue league games.

"It can't be one rule for one and one rule for another - particularly when we're talking male and female professional teams here.

that'll be some conversation between the 2 bodies

Edited by reaths17

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yep, most will be down to about £450k-£475k left after paying December's wages. 

I think you could assume if they couldn’t pay December’s wages there would issues paying wages in the months following.

Also if wages couldn’t be paid, what else wasn’t being paid - utilities, the council etc?

Remember the majority of the clubs will have been living on a small fraction of their previous income for 8 months.

Glamorgan Jambo
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well done Livi for being the only club to have their own Covid machine in house

They have been pretty good so far at keeping things at bay and they get results the same day with little delay

'It's about the size of an espresso machine' - Martindale on Livingston's in-house testing - BBC Sport

These will be lateral flow tests. Less accurate than PCR and prone to false negatives. PCR tests need to be processed in a qualified lab and I highly doubt Livi have one of these. Especially with the turn round times Martindale claims.

The way round this is to test more frequently (2 or 3 times a week) whereby you have more reassurance that your negative results are correct.

When my daughters (who both caught Covid) returned from Uni before Christmas they both had two lateral flow tests done in the 4 days before returning home. That was the recommended process then and I'm pretty sure it'll still stand. Are LIvi testing players a few times a week?

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

McLeish says the Scottish government "doesn't trust" the SFA and SPFL.

"The relationships with government are rock bottom," the former Scottish Labour leader and one-time East Fife footballer told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

shitehawks can spot each other a mile away

Scottish Leagues 1 and 2 as well as the SWPL 1 and 2 divisions will not play during the suspension.

However, SWPL1 champions Glasgow City hope to be given permission to continue training.

"I've already asked our governing body to ask of the SFA that we're not discriminated against - that we're not treated any differently from the men's Championship clubs," chief executive Laura Montgomery told BBC Scotland.

"We are more than willing to pay for the weekly testing so that we can continue to train. I fully understand that our league as a whole probably can't do the same - and on that basis we certainly can't continue league games.

"It can't be one rule for one and one rule for another - particularly when we're talking male and female professional teams here.

that'll be some conversation between the 2 bodies

Scottish clubs get the leadership it deserves. 

They can’t say they weren’t warned time and time again but no, they sold their souls for a few quid of Sky money but failed to see that Doncaster will cost them a hundred times that with his management of the game. 

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Apologies if wrong but is that not a fake account? (Raman, not you FF !)

In any event, seems odd that clubs can be compelled to stop playing without prior discussion 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

These will be lateral flow tests. Less accurate than PCR and prone to false negatives. PCR tests need to be processed in a qualified lab and I highly doubt Livi have one of these. Especially with the turn round times Martindale claims.

The way round this is to test more frequently (2 or 3 times a week) whereby you have more reassurance that your negative results are correct.

When my daughters (who both caught Covid) returned from Uni before Christmas they both had two lateral flow tests done in the 4 days before returning home. That was the recommended process then and I'm pretty sure it'll still stand. Are LIvi testing players a few times a week?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In any event, seems odd that clubs can be compelled to stop playing without prior discussion 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure that is the real account, the fake one spells his surname without the h

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Also Premiership clubs asking where the 20 mill is! If only there was a chance to investigate these charlatans.............

£250k of it has already been spent on taking the Celtic squad to Dubai for a jolly.

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Also Premiership clubs asking where the 20 mill is! If only there was a chance to investigate these charlatans.............

We certainly as a club should not support any attempt to start a distraction war with the Goverment .

Taking on the gov is all about trying to take an eye of the many failings and **** up from SFA spfl/celtic board .

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

We certainly as a club should not support any attempt to start a distraction war with the Goverment .

Taking on the gov is all about trying to take an eye of the many failings and **** up from SFA spfl/celtic board .

Correct.....Stand way back and enjoy the bun fight!

Take yir medicine.....6 months down the road from shambolic voting, lying and back stabbing.....Karma, ya ******* 

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

I thought Premiership clubs were offered low interest loans instead of a grant?

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is this the bit where Neil Doncaster comes out and says he only does what the clubs tell him?

For £400K per year. 

13 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

This is a very good point. I hope AB makes it clear that she welcomed the support of the government and hopes that the SPFL show the necessary leadership at this difficult time 🙂

51 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think you could assume if they couldn’t pay December’s wages there would issues paying wages in the months following.

Also if wages couldn’t be paid, what else wasn’t being paid - utilities, the council etc?

Remember the majority of the clubs will have been living on a small fraction of their previous income for 8 months.

Will finances be very tight for some teams? Of course, as we're in the midst of a pandemic and they have massively reduced income.

Can and will Championship teams afford testing? Yes, their costs have been so significantly reduced that if they've made it this far the £500k will see them through the rest of the season.

Even if a club had amassed so much debt that they couldn't make it through then testing is not what would kill them. Testing is now required so like all other businesses they must adapt or die. Just cancelling the season for financial is not an option after receiving that level of funding from the SG.

This season will be completed.

Adam_the_legend
51 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

Maxwell blaming Brexit for the clubs not getting their money. The balls on that guy 😳

Bazzas right boot

A hibs player getting a positive covid test or even further celtic players testing positive will be the nail in the coffin for our governing bodies and the government will step in. 

If a hibs player tests positive, after they asked for further testing which was refused then threatened if they did not play by the spfl board, then the game is up the pole. 

That scenerio really must have the top brass shiting it. 

If more celtic players test positive then it's clear thier so called bubbles aren't worth a sook. 

What an embarrassment if football gets professional sport put on hold or is the only sport put on hold as the governing bodies and it's members cannot be trusted by the government to carry on safely and professionally. 

What a shit show. 

Another thing, how can clubs be extending contracts, signing players, ****ing of on holiday then demanding money...... 

They've lost all reality on the situation, if they ever had a grip on it. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A hibs player getting a positive covid test or even further celtic players testing positive will be the nail in the coffin for our governing bodies and the government will step in. 

If a hibs player tests positive, after they asked for further testing which was refused then threatened if they did not play by the spfl board, then the game is up the pole. 

If more celtic players test positive then it's clear thier so called bubbles aren't worth a sook. 

What an embarrassment if football gets professional sport put on hold or is the only sport put on hold as the governing bodies and it's members cannot be trusted by the government to carry on safely and professionally. 

What a shit show. 

Another thing, how can clubs be extending contracts, signing players, ****ing of on holiday then demanding money...... 

They've lost all reality on the situation, if they ever had a grip on it. 

I don’t think of any more Celtic players get it will make any difference.

However your bang on the money about if a hibs player does.

8 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I know that my mate who works as a receptionist at a private hospital is away to start getting lateral flow tests

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well done Livi for being the only club to have their own Covid machine in house

They have been pretty good so far at keeping things at bay and they get results the same day with little delay

'It's about the size of an espresso machine' - Martindale on Livingston's in-house testing - BBC Sport

Shows up  cocaine quite well too🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's a loan offer to SPFL clubs. None have taken up the offer so far.

I wonder why?

Is that a fact ? I don’t know but I’d be surprised if no club took up that offer. Maybe that’s why they are complaining.  

21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Is that a fact ? I don’t know but I’d be surprised if no club took up that offer. Maybe that’s why they are complaining.  

Loan to SPFL clubs. Grant's to championship clubs and below.

Loans upto an amount of £1.6M.

Edited by John Findlay

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/transfers/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2020&s_w=w&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

I appreciate that recruiting and moving on players is a constant in football, but given that none of the top division are not that impoverished that they haven't been able to bring folks in (and one was even able to stretch to a luxury holiday) I'd be hard pressed to understand why anything other than a loan was appropriate given the other societal needs for money are at the moment.  The fact that they are spending and bleating at the same time as they have their grubby begging bowl out for more just shows what a despicable shower we have running the game in Scotland.

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is a very good point. I hope AB makes it clear that she welcomed the support of the government and hopes that the SPFL show the necessary leadership at this difficult time 🙂

Hasnt our CEO already stated on Sportsound(nobody in the studio at the time took any notice) that we as a club have direct lines of communication to the SG?

Hearts as a club will definitely not be getting into a stushie with the SG.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hasnt our CEO already stated on Sportsound(nobody in the studio at the time took any notice) that we as a club have direct lines of communication to the SG?

Yep, Andrew did say that, as well as stating pretty clearly we're on the outside looking in when it comes to SFA/SPFL, though he's willing to speak.

I'd love us to be working away in the background, probably with Partick, ICT, Falkirk, Stranraer, going round lots of disgruntled clubs with lashings of "get what you ask for" and "told you sos".  Start the movement toward removal of the board and changing of the structure.

The problem we have with structure is anything which will really benefit the game is Turkeys voting for Christmas for the majority of the short sighted, bowling club blazer clubs.  It's picking the right allies I'd think.  

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's the real one.

The fake one misses out the 'h'

12 hours ago, AHS51 said:

Would love to be a fly on the wall (or the screen) at that meeting....

Where are the loans?

Where is last seasons TV money?

Why are clubs under the Champ stopped and not consulted?

Where is dungcaster?

Where is the leaership?

Why is everyone being shat on because of smelltics behaviour?

...would love a revolt. Time for rankers to offer to fund another investigation? I think this one would pass.

FTSFA FTSPFL FTH

34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Good, i think it will be therefore be known that Doncaster or Maxwell do not speak for us.

Are any journalists banging the drum about the non-payment of last season's prize money.  I've seen it mentioned here and there, but anyone actually shouting about it?

To me, it's a massive scandal.  Unless I've got it wrong:

Good Friday vote to end season and relegate teams with 1/4 of season remaining was pushed on premise that clubs needed their prize money ASAP and this was the only way to do it

Clubs were given less than 48 hours to consider the proposal, with no consultation

It was disproved that this was the only way to do it

It was shown that no clubs had specifically asked for this money

It was shown that the amounts involved were by and large paltry

The money is yet to be paid, 8 months later.  Money which these unnamed clubs were "desperate" for

The reason given for non-payment is that the accounts need done first, something they must have known at the time

So the entire reason given for that rushed vote at that time was not only debunked at the time, but the money has never actually been paid out.  And the reason given is the usual protocol nonsense, as well as definitely a known factor back last Easter.

As I say, unless I have the wrong end of the stick and money was paid on the back of the vote, and what is now outstanding is something else, this is a proper, full on scandal.  Someone needs to run big style with it.

I know the govt money is bigger and that's why everyone is shouting about it, but at the end of the day, it's a hand-out, so shut up, say thanks when it comes.  The SFA said something about advancing money in lieu too, so do that if you mean it.  The real story, albeit it doesn't involve the SG or £Millions per club, is this unpaid prize money.

Every one of us, clubs, fans, everyone was lied to.  We knew that at the time, of course, but now there is tangible proof imo.  But clubs seem happy enough - no noise!?

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yep, I said this the other night. Can you imagine 1 or 2 hubz players contracting this disease?... the spfl would be completely f**ked. 

What were they thinking? What if a player died because he caught it from a smeltic player after them denying further requested tests? Pretty sure we'd be looking at prosecutions.

This point has not been highlighted enough in the media. It could yet prove catastrophic... and for what? To save shellick losing a few other players due to self-isolating.

You keep thinking that the spfl/sfa can't get any more incompetent... then they do something like this. Absolute embarassment.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Good, i think it will be therefore be known that Doncaster or Maxwell do not speak for us.

Very much so.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep... he highlighted that in the same sentence (I think). It was subtle.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Loan to SPFL clubs. Grant's to championship clubs and below.

Loans upto an amount of £1.6M.

I know that but what I am saying is maybe some premier clubs have applied for the loan and still waiting for the money and that’s why they are moaning about the lack of money ? 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I know that but what I am saying is maybe some premier clubs have applied for the loan and still waiting for the money and that’s why they are moaning about the lack of money ? 

Your post on the previous page would suggest otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, I said this the other night. Can you imagine 1 or 2 hubz players contracting this disease?... the spfl would be completely f**ked. 

What were they thinking? What if a player died because he caught it from a smeltic player after them denying further requested tests? Pretty sure we'd be looking at prosecutions.

This point has not been highlighted enough in the media. It could yet prove catastrophic... and for what? To save shellick losing a few other players due to self-isolating.

You keep thinking that the spfl/sfa can't get any more incompetent... then they do something like this. Absolute embarassment.

Away from the (valid) conspiracy here, but no less relevant, is that their attitude is basically not dissimilar from that endemic across the country, both corporate and general public/individual.

No one is treating this as a virus.  I'm tired hearing myself say it - the rules aren't there for us to dance around as if we're grounded cos we didn't tidy oor rooms but our wee burd's said if we sneak oot the windae she'll get her chebs oot.  They're in place to protect us all because there's a bloody virus which is killing lots of people and each and every one of us could be carrying it at any time and we wouldn't even know.

Celtic and SPFL hiding behind protocol or whatever game they're playing is the same as these bellends who say "well strictly I could have a party cos I've registered all my mates as work colleagues" and all that shite.  Or these whole families in the supermarket "cos they're allowed to do that - it's only recommended you don't".

No mind given from the SPFL over this actually being contracted by Hibs players, staff etc, just what their protocol said and the bare minimum they could get away with (while not upsetting Celtic)

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )